Author Topic: Post New Record Discussion Here !  (Read 15990 times)

Anemptybox

• twitch
Re: Post New Record Discussion Here !
« Reply #450 on: March 27, 2018, 06:56:07 AM »
Anyone have the spawn info MD9 shared before we changed forum? He knew exactly when to restart the level to get the spawn he wanted. Like if you spawn at X you should restart between 0.4 - 0.7 to get the desired spawn. Only works for Xbox/GC obviously.

Silent Thunder

• Less dangerous than invisible lightning.
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #451 on: March 27, 2018, 11:23:11 AM »
I don't have it and I may have missed it when he posted since I don't recall it at all.  It is something I've noticed on IIUYS especially, where I tended to get the same sequence of spawns very often.  I was never sure if it was based on time or position or both.  Interesting that it is based on time.  Does the time range also depend on which spawn you are on, or is it universal?

EDIT:  Re-reading Stefan's post, sounds the time changes depending on the spawn.

I should try testing it out systematically at the end of this week.  My work is crazy this week, so not much time for playing right now.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #452 on: March 27, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
Yes it depends both on spawn and time. I tried it briefly today on Adios Amigos. For example, you'll get the best spawn 100 % of the time if you spawn on the roof outside on the small building and then restart at 0.6 (might be between 0.4-0.6 or something). I think there was some other spawn where I got the best spawn by restarting at 0.8.

Some of the spawns will never get you the best one(s) regardless of the time you restart, IIRC, but they can of course lead to the other ones that can give you the best, so if you know how to manipulate the spawns well you can get the best spawn(s) like all the time. Made up example for Adios: You spawn below the bell which can never get the best spawn, but you know that if you restart between 0.8-1.0 at the bell, you'll always get the roof spawn, which you can then use to get the best spawn.

Samshady

« Reply #453 on: March 28, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »
I'm not an expert on the subject since I very rarely played on GC/XBox, but as long as you know which spawn is part of the wanted "loop", you can easily get what you want :
- Either you're in the good loop, you restart to get the next spawn (or wait 0.5 sec or so, to go one futher)
- Or you're in the bad one : no chance to get the wanted spawn, and you need to move your character to get a new loop.
One more thing if I remember correctly: There are not the same totals of spawns among the loops.