Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
GoldenEye 007 / Re: ATTN: Proof Mods & Historians
« Last post by JDBlack21 on Today at 02:12:07 AM »
On a similar note:

Rayan Isran - Surface 1 Agent 1:02

This time does have a vid but it's to download as a file. I uploaded to YouTube for easier viewing access for future viewers.
Ill just say this. It took me an entire year to get to 3000 points in GE. Ill do it in PD in 2 months. Mind you more experience now blah blah blah but still....
PD doesn't have as many players as GE, but the WRs are all very good. So yeah getting points isn't hard, but other than during the league the PD rankings are pretty irrel till like top 25 pr so. Maybe top 30 idk I'm pulling random numbers but yeah. A lot easier to get top 50 in PD than in GE
The results are in.  Yes there is an Infinity War Boost, and it's worth... 20 million dollars!  Ant Man and the Wasp opened to $76 million last weekend, landing comfortably in the middle of the previous MCU films (ahead of original Ant Man/Thor/Captain America and just behind Dr. Strange/Thor 2).  This leaves it with about a 50/50 chance of hunting down Solo for a Top Five position this Summer; we'll see how well it's able to hold up.

Other quick hitters:

- Incredibles pushed past $500 million over the weekend and is now the #1 animated film of all time

- Fallen Kingdom will reach $350 million in the US this evening, but its internal appeal is so strong that it's already become the 35th film to hit 1 billion dollars worldwide... and could easily crack the Top 15 by next month

- Infinity War reached the $2 billion milestone on the same day, and by the time the next weekend actuals arrive it will have surpassed The Force Awakens for the lifetime worldwide #3 position  (yet it's still going to have to settle for being only the #2 movie of 2018 in the US)

- Ocean's 8 is going to reach $130 million domestically and $250 million worldwide tomorrow.  with a production budget of less than 100 mil, that means it's officially A Hit

- nice start for The First Purge, already over $40 million in its first week

Nothing too crazy at the box office this weekend with just Skyscraper and a new Hotel Transylvania opening.  Things heat up soon though, with Mamma Mia/The Equalizer/Mission Impossible all launching within the next two weeks!
GoldenEye 007 / Re: Bonus Points Untied
« Last post by mw on Today at 01:19:24 AM »
Keep in mind an untied will cost every other player 2 or 3 points if they had any on the level.
An untied costs a player exactly 3 points, but only if they had the WR on that level already. With the points system, you don't lose any points for a player already above you on a level getting a new PR.

Most people would say an untied is its own reward. Most, if not all people who are playing for untieds aren't doing it for the points. Look at Grav's timespage and Clemens's PD page. Points isn't the end-all be-all ranking system of the Elite. This is why we have the Time and Tally rankings.
Well it's made by the same developers at Rare, and many of the mechanics are similar. As for the difficulties of getting times, it's easier to get points in PD, but harder to get WRs. Only 22 people currently have one or more WR in the game.
Thanks for the feedback!
« Last post by flicker on Today at 01:04:50 AM »
it's perfect the way it is tbh
« Last post by Norris, Pokemon Ranger on Today at 01:03:23 AM »
For that matter, it could be good to include full game runs. If they were worth points, they would probably be a lot more commonly run. As it stands, however, I don't think RTA points would change the rankings much once the top runners all clean up their game. It would probably give us some great consistent strats and optimize those categories which are underplayed. This game is brutal though, if you want a good time.

Keep in mind an untied will cost every other player 2 or 3 points if they had any on the level. It doesn't seem that impressive for such an achievement, but it hurts top players the most. For a top 10 player, getting any points is really tough, and an untied will normally hold its value for a long time whereas a weaker time can lose all value over time.

I do think that times that are tied by over 100 people should lose points, however. I would find a new player getting 20 points on a level like Bunker 2 00 a lot more impressive than a Bunker 1 17 or such. Too many players only go for the easy WR or former WR for high points, then the harder levels are underplayed and unoptimized. Same deal with RTA, I think people should have an incentive to play them more to collectively strengthen the rankings. Even if it's just a league incentive or achievement or something like that.
Well it's made by the same developers at Rare, and many of the mechanics are similar. As for the difficulties of getting times, it's easier to get points in PD, but harder to get WRs. Only 22 people currently have one or more WR in the game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10