Author Topic: 2017 Summer Contest [BALLOT LINK IN HERE]  (Read 3773 times)

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016CommunityContributor
2017 Summer Contest [BALLOT LINK IN HERE]
« on: June 03, 2017, 03:35:43 AM »
Current Bracket Viewable Here: http://challonge.com/EliteSummerContest2k17

Today I will be opening up nominations for the 2017 Summer Contest, a contest of popularity that will give you the coveted prize of over inflating your ego to astronomical levels. This year I will be introducing much less riggage, only rigging to the point of the final four! For the uninitiated, the Summer Contest pits eliters head to head in a popularity contest through a bracket (usually of 32 but potentially 64 if things get fucked enough) that ends in colossal amounts of drama and rigging. This year, following the inconsistencies of streams and data coming out, I will be running data through gmail. Since it is 2017, everybody obviously has an gmail. If you don't have a gmail it literally takes 5 seconds to fucking make one and if you have issues ask Glover because he probably has at LEAST 50. PLEASE submit a legitimate email or you may not get the polls and I actually have a life outside of the elite so I may not be able to pm the polls to you daily. Submit nominations and registration HERE. Nominations will be open for the next month and a selection show will be shown on TheEliteGaming on midnight central time on Saturday July 1st (so technically July 2nd).

By virtue of previous rules, the following former champions are NOT ELIGIBLE for nominations:

Ngamer
SnapDragon
Derek Clark
Shade
Bryan Bosshardt
Wouter Jansen
Infil
QB
Illu
David Clemens
Jimbo Barrett
Daniel "WodahsR" Coelho
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 02:51:52 PM by Qwezzo »
When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Carathorn

• Cara
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: Announcing the 2017 Summer Contest
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:19:37 AM »
Can't we just hand over the title to Karl in stead of having to go through all this?

YourAcenessPD

• Ace
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:01:00 AM »
You mean Luke,

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 08:28:56 PM »
5 Days left to submit nominations to all that haven't yet
When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Wodahs-Reklaw

• Wodahs
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 10:23:16 PM »
Oh dope, submitted my picks.
Daniel Wodahs-Relklaw Coelho

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 07:34:51 PM »
Due to lack of nominations thus far I'll be extending nominations a week, making the deadline July 8th at midnight EST. Bracket reveal will be Saturday night at midnight EST

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

TheFlash

• Thingy
    • twitch
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 09:16:19 PM »
I'll do nominations if it is via PM instead of a third party web form.

Joshua Nash

• I sell propane and propane accessories.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 09:49:50 PM »
I'll do nominations if it is via PM instead of a third party web form.

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 10:29:36 PM »
Just use the Google form.  It's not only tracking your 10 names, you're also creating a voting account by submitting, aka a user profile with info like how long you've been an Eliter and such, which can be used to generate fun stats and voter breakdowns like we had on the old thengamer Contest site.

This is a better solution that what we've had in the past- everything's tied to your gmail and way easier/more secure than when I was running everything by hand.
thengamer. com

TheFlash

• Thingy
    • twitch
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 11:21:54 PM »
fun stats and voter breakdowns

I stopped paying attention last year because all the stats were just pages and pages of images.

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 01:20:03 AM »
Yea the main reason for doing this nominations process was just to avoid the pain of individually counting out stats from the forums. Either way submitting a few votes via pm isn't gonna murder me at all. Only reason to do this was to have timely posting of stats and results

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

The man who trolled and lost everything

• you come and pick me up, no headlights
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 01:29:43 AM »
make the link to click on to submit nominations bigger

it took me a very long time to find the link hidden in the "here" word in the body of your text

this is really poorly run/organized so far
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 02:04:01 AM »
I nominate Matt Cook for 2017 champion.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 01:56:55 AM »

Link to the whole bracket: http://challonge.com/EliteSummerContest2k17

First ballot will be sent out Monday night. Bracket predictions can be made on this site (you must have a valid login) until the end of the first matchup on Tuesday night.

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Smit

• Oh, this is suicide! There's nowhere to go.
    • Eise
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 06:30:41 AM »
gg tbh

Alec McDonald

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 07:14:51 AM »
wo0o0o0ow bodied 1st round, gg tbh
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 12:09:44 PM »
Vote for me and I'll make a Dam SA tutorial.

PerfectTaste

• Patrik Nilsson
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 04:41:58 AM »
A bit surprised I did not make it to the contest, to be honest. Predictions coming up!
"Wappayuuuu" - Cara

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 12:24:12 AM »
FIRST BALLOT HERE

If you submitted an email then it should be showing up in your inbox.
PLEASE KEEP EMAILS CONSISTENT (EVEN IF THEY ARE TROLL EMAILS THAT WON'T WORK) THROUGHOUT THE CONTEST OR YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO DELAY RESULTS COMING OUT. The emails just need to be literally anything to make me know its you. If your ballot is unidentifiable you're ballot may risk being thrown out.

In an effort to test the waters here, the ballots for this session will close at roughly midnight central time on Wednesday night. Following the play in results being announced, matchups will be one per day with ballots being open for 24 hours. Results streams will be broadcast roughly midnight central time [5 AM GMT] following the closing of the ballot (although may be a bit later if theres ballot fuckery).

Thomas "Wiff" Andrews

Spoiler
Formerly one of the most active Goldeneye players, wiff's strats at GE Strat Central have helped many of the new generation of Eliters. Further assistance has been provided through his generosity in sending off replacement controller parts/games to Eliters all over the world. Despite his lack of activity, wiff currently sits at 96th place in the Goldeneye Ranks and he also managed to reach the Perfect Dark Top 100 (now ranked 107th).

Most Relevant Time: Dam Agent 0:53

Total WRs: 1

Total UWRs: 0

Greg "Lark" Larken

Spoiler
Need someone to mow your lawn for you? Say no more because Lark is the king of mowing lawns in the Elite! In all seriousness, Lark is one of the nicest guys around to hang out with in discord and around The Elite. He has been around for many years and has yet to piss other eliters.

Most Relevant Time: Archives Agent 0:16

Total WRs: 7

Calle W

Spoiler
SSBM champ turned GoldenEyes next hottest runner, Carl-Magnus Wall stormed into the Elite, speedbullying every eliter around him. He quickly stormed into the top 50 in GoldenEye, amassing 2 level sweeps, and achieving many higher end tier world records, including Surface 1 SA 1:48 and Cradle 34s.

Most Relevant Time: Dam Secret Agent 1:17

Total WRs: 15

PYL

Spoiler
PYL's active career in The Elite was relatively short as he never got around to achieve good times. He managed to get points on a few levels but never had more then 15 in Goldeneye while in Perfect Dark he was able to tie the Duel Agent WR but didn't score in any other stage. However he enjoys hanging around the Elite Chatroom from time to time and plays on the Elite's Goal Line Blitz team.

Most Relevant Time: Duel Agent 0:03

Total WRs: 0

Benobot99

Spoiler
Guitar Hero player and Halo legend turned GoldenEye speedrunner, Benobot made noise in The Elite posting numerous pointless times with some of the best reaction posts. He's mostly been inactive as of late

Most Relevant Time: Bunker 1 Agent 0:18

Marc Rutzou

Spoiler
It is true. I am the ultimate degenerate, but the ultimate virtuous at the same time. Such is God. The ultimate paradox. I knew you were going to track me. I am testing you, because i know that you are spiritually strong, Luke, and you are getting more ripe. I know that for a fact. I am testing if you are going to react with your mind, or respond with awareness. In other words, God is testing himself. It is all part of the eternal dance of evolution. Such prankster is God. He is the paradox. He is the one. The totality of all that which is. He is the all knowing. One consciousness experiencing itself through an infinite amount of physical life forms to express itself and learn more about itself. God is in all things, yet he remains one. God is the ultimate paradox. The unknown. The eternal present moment. Nothing and everything at the same time. The universe becoming conscious of itself. Look deep into your eyes in the mirror and pay attention, then you will see it for yourself. The pupils represents nothing. The outer color represents everything. That is your true self. Nothing and everything. You have to be nothing to be everything. If you are something, there is no room for everything. Life is like a cinema. You couldn't see the light on the screen if the room weren't dark. It is the spiritual perspective. You are the darkness that gives light a place to shine. You are looking from nothing out to everything without mental intrusions. Such is the enlightened nature. The Buddha consciousness. The mind of Christ. Whatever you want to call it. The one. Love. Pure energy. The totality of that which is. The ultimate paradox. Everything is interconnected. It is beyond words, the words are only a pointer to experience. You have to actually experience it for yourself. You become more conscious of yourself and will experience life better and better for an eternity. It never ends. You will never know it all. You can know how life works but never what it is. It is an eternal mysteriousness, an eternal dance. It is the pathless path. The goalless goal. Such is a paradox of God. The goal is NOW. The eternal present moment. You already have everything you want. You just don't know it yet. Remember when you were a child? Far more fulfilling. Just playing around without a fucking care in the world :D You didn't have goals. When you made a sandcastle, you didn't do it to "get somewhere". You did it to build the fucking sandcastle. It is the eternal godhead Jesus talked about. The eternal present moment. Jesus said, "a child will show the way to heaven". God is the alpha and omega, omnipresent. When your mind is completely open, you see God. The present moment, everything you can sense with your 5 life senses, and your senses will be infinitely more powerful. You cannot be anywhere else. It is all of your life. She is saying hiiii to me now :D (not in the way you think) Life is loving me 24/7 and i'm loving it 24/7, yet we are one and the same (paradox). I am fucking the cosmic vagina 24/7, and will forever.

Most Relevant Time: Train Agent 0:57

Total WRs: 84

Total UWRs: 17

Henrik Norgren

Spoiler
Henrik "Omega" Norgren joined The Elite in late 2003.

He immediately went about setting Personal Records in Goldeneye at an amazing pace, allowing him to reach the Top 10 incredibly quickly. Along the way he achieved many World Records, including Aztec 00 Agent 1:55, which broke what was the second longest lasting untied record at the time. In February 2006, he discovered a new trick on Train Secret Agent/00 Agent, which led to over 30 seconds being cut from Goldeneye's overall time. Henrik himself held an untied sweep on Train for a pretty long time, before Rayan Isran eventually beat all competition on that level in early 2007. Henrik also invented the current Bunker 2 00 Agent strategy and got a few World Records on Goldeneye's Turbo Mode. He's made noise continuously as a member of the elite, finding and perfecting new strats and bringing levels down to a science.

Most Relevant Time: Train Agent 0:59

Total WRs: 41

Total UWRs: 12

Red Bull

Spoiler
"Red Bull" (also known as "Bully") has been one of the most skilled Perfect Dark and Goldeneye players from the Netherlands throughout the last 8 years. He is currently ranked as the best Dutch and European Perfect Dark player and is in the Top 6 worldwide. During his membership of The Elite, Max always kept on improving himself and despite the fact that he took some breaks throughout his speedrunning career, he always managed to come back with even more impressive records. His incredible skills, knowledge and experience with Perfect Dark resulted into his first untied world record in 2008. From that point on, Max has been dominating stages such as Deep Sea, Escape and Skedar Ruins with multiple second unties and has proven himself worthy as a contributor to the Overall Combined time. Max also contributed to The Elite by fulfilling the role of Perfect Dark news reporter, and is always up for some hilarious chatting in either the Elite Chatroom or on the Elite Boards.

Most Relevant Time: Attack Ship Agent 2:10

Total WRs: 33

Total UWRs: 14

Matt Cook

Spoiler
Matt climbed the Perfect Dark ranks quickly as a newcomer before going inactive for a long while, but has made several very nice comebacks over the past couple of years, vaulting him into the Top 10. Along the way he discovered a large number of tricks and strategies in Perfect Dark, including those found on Crash Site, Infiltration, and Escape. This talented Australian is probably best known for having the same mentality as his good friend, Karl Jobst, in that they'll set their eye on a very difficult time and not give up until they've achieved it. A ton of his strats are still used today.

Most Relevant Time: His Strats are the most Relevant

Total WRs: 33

Total UWRs: 22

Alex Anderson

Spoiler
Consistent VA traveler. GDQ Legend. Vanilla Coke aficionado. These are just the few words that describe Alex Anderson. Alex has made a name for himself on Twitch, attending many GDQs, completing multiple runs at said events, and attending multiple Virginia meets. He's been overall well liked by everyone who has met him irl and has been a consistently active member of The Elite. He has recently retired from GoldenEye, but not before completing one of the best times on his timespage in Train Agent 0:59

Most Relevant Time: Train Agent 0:59

Total WRs: 29

Total UWRs: 3

Joshua Nash

Spoiler
Josh Nash is overall one of the nicest and most giving people in The Elite. He has supplied multiple capture cards to needy eliters, owned one of the largest collections of n64 memorabilia and completed the most meme runs imaginable. Literally everyone who has met Josh Nash agrees that he is a great guy to hang around. He hosts numerous PA meets in his spare time as well as sends multiple insane snaps on snapchat.

Most Relevant Time: Enemy Rockets 00 Agent

Total UWRs: 0 Regular, Infinite Meme Records
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:37:50 AM by Front Meal Drive »

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
Re: 2017 Summer Contest [BALLOT LINK IN HERE]
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 02:28:32 AM »
Love the bios!
thengamer. com

Quirky

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
First time I'll be voting, this looks like fun to partake in.

Joshua Nash

• I sell propane and propane accessories.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »
Benobot99 and pyl have 1 wr

Elite Top 5s

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »
I'm trying to do the ballot thing on my phone and it won't go through.. 😫
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2017, 04:15:46 AM »
BALLOT TWO HERE

Stream Slides

Jonathan Hotinski

Spoiler
The King of the Fun Police has returned after a semifinal run that was ended by Luke Szklarz, his Australian bro. The overall 1 seed is no joke. Just look at his resume. Kapap 1 and 2 director, moderator of discord, official Elite historian, and pop music aficianado are just the few things that are unique about dsx. Thats not it either. dsx has also climbed the rankings into the top 25 of GoldenEye after merely playing the game for roughly 3 years ago.

Most Relevant Time: The time dsx went to go see Lindsey Stirling and didn't invite me Facility Leaderboard, Silo Leaderboard and Control Ag 3:57

Total WRs: 9

« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:42:27 PM by Front Meal Drive »

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 02:58:59 AM »
Samuel Haycock

Spoiler
Fallout legend, Cradle master and webmaster of headphonesfetish.ru are but a few achievements of the young Samuel Haycock. Despite his obviously fake name that looks like it was come up with by Karl, Sam has achieved many relevant times in his short time here at The Elite. Most recently, Sam has been appointed moderator of the Elite Discord channel, a more bullshit appointment than TroubleClef as proof mod. Sam has been overall one of the more entertaining streams as of late, due to his short attention span and the need to switch between Defection and Egypt.
Most Relevant Time: Fallout 3 Any%

Total WRs: 9

Total UWRs: The only number less than Sam's age

Flickerform

Spoiler
Flickerform is the king of LTK. He is the dual champ of LTK while also maintaining top 50 in both GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. Despite a brief interruption in play last month, Flicker came back to destroy the Summer Contest league, scoring a ton of points for his team.
Most Relevant Time: Air Force DLTK 1:21, Air Base DLTK 2:18, Maian LTK 2:20
Total WRs: 6

Stream Slides
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:18:45 AM by Front Meal Drive »

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Lark

• Español learner
    • Lark
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 10:35:46 AM »
Congratulations to Dsx and best of luck in the rest of the tourney. There's a very good chance that you'll win it all. I must say I was pleased to read the kind words for me even in the Jono votd comments. Thanks to all who voted for me in the play-ins and round 1; whoever you may be.
Embrace the grind.

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 03:47:48 AM »
Flicker vs Sam Charts

Qweczol vs Setrack Charts

Grav vs Cara charts

Its super late but VOTDs were shared on stream at Austinthegamer. List will be posted tomorrow.

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

• Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 04:28:10 AM »
are you ever gonna actually post the results of the matches, or just link to overly complicated charts?

there is not a single link to previous matches' results on this page

ok I see the "results" in a small bar among 12 other bars... pretty poor design

Also how am I not considered in the Discord demographic?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but bring back Ngamer.

Qwezzo

• Qweczol
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »
I edited the OP so the bracket with all the results can be found easily

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2017, 12:27:04 AM »
Flickerform Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Quickly learning that Haycock is quite the wise amusing guy. But Flicker is a top tier m8 and a beast in the most rel playing mode between both games.

if sam loses he will call this a trash can contest tbh

how can you vote for a dirty dpad user?

Sam is a spoilt twelvie who takes his dad's credit card to splurge thousands of dollars on headphones and other computer accessories just because he can. He
non-stop bickers like a toddler about his "luck" when playing Egypt; that's no surprise because he is a toddler. He needs to go back to RuneScape and return to the Elite when he gets his first pube.

Sammy bitches on every lost run like a 11-year old dying in Call of Duty. The salt alone makes Flicker get my vote

who is sam haycock

Did Sam's mom even sign his permission slip to participate in this contest? Flicker all day.

Sam Haycock Votes of the Day

Spoiler
This is actually me

Gotta vote for the babby. Such a precocious little cunt.

Tough one, but shit sam is my boi.

more like Dark License to kIRRELEVANT

"When I was the only person who nominated this guy last year, people told me that I was crazy. They said that this guy was going to be a cancer to The Elite, that this guy would bring a wave of Nirvana-fueled teen angst into the community that nobody wanted, and even that this guy would spend 30 hours a day talking about audiophile equipment only Bill Gates could afford instead of playing the game.  Well look at him now boys, you guys were....right.   

BONUS: Is Flicker trying to steal Jimmy Bauer's look in this pic? puu.sh/wJHmL/c0074c581a.png"

the dog looks like it's blended into Sam's jumper. half baby, half dog.

I'll take paws over pause any day

Qweczol Votes of the Day

Spoiler
cant stand it when someone comes into the community and doesn't play the game(s)

I admire setrack for his witty, intelligent and healthy posts in both Discord and Twitch chats, and commend him especially for assimilating into tier 1 relevance already despite never having played GE/PD, but to deny my fellow Turncoat Quintet mate would be a cardinal sin and I fear out of vengeance he'd refuse to meet up with me at Baltimore after I get admission in JHU. Plus he'd probably end our cherished snap streak out of spite if I didn't vote for him. Here's hoping Qwezzo makes it to the final round and wins the tourney.

what a legend

I'm more of an Arby's fan honestly

voting qwec coz we've been mates for longer

sorry Maccas shill

what

If Setrack was for ramen noodles instead of maccas, I would vote for him.

MAGA

Who the fuck even is setrack lol

oi

Setrack is a great dude, one of my most prominent chatters, turned welcome member of the elite. It's like if Jono's cousin seamlessly joined the community and added a bunch of chillery and lols.  But Qweczol is an OG stream viewer and bro who has been thrust to the forefront of the leadership group of the elite, and done a great job with it.  Better luck in future years Setrack!

a fierce competitor in Fantasy

tHiS iS a ReQuIrEd QuEsTiOn

Setrack is dank af but Qweczol is mah BOI

I'm still not convinced setrack isn't an undercover mcdonalds marketing agent

Setrack Votes of the Day

Spoiler
runescape mate

:fries:
Macca

I've fallen the fool for Setrack too many times.

runescape

Setrack is a good mate.

Setrack told me "Vote for me instead of Qweczol in the Summer Contest and see what happens."  He seems like a pretty honest guy, so I assume he's going to gift me 1mil gp in Runescape when he sees these results. 

Gingers have no souls

setrack so good he doesn't even need to play any of the games

Carathorn Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Samba baby!

the Keeper of Federer's Guest Book will not be denied

Carathorn

I was going to vote for Grav, but then I ran my Double Degraded Historic Balancing Relevancy Rankings Test and found that without Runway 00A 28, Grav is actually still less relevant than Cara.  Nothing personal grav, it's all in the cold hard analysis.

Cara is my OG PAL, he will lose this match, but he is my friend forever.

Grav Votes of the Day

Spoiler
where's the 28 mate

Grav has top tier taste in VGM.

Who is "Carathorn?"

both cool but grav has some a+ streams even though he cant get 28

I hardly know who Carathorn is, plus Grav is cool anyway

grav1Bubs

Mad respect for Cara. He was a fantastic proof moderator - without him the Goldeneye proof calls would've fallen behind. You have been sorely missed (even despite the Dan Berube rage-quit) Huh?.. That was ThiraDell? Then who the fuck is this guy?
still voting for him even though he bopped my dark cavern WR and made me cry

Cara is doomed. Yea, I couldn't think of anything else to say.

I'd make a really interesting, detailed and data filled post on why Grav is the better pick, but I'm not Grav.

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 03:05:52 AM »
Carl-Magnus Wall Votes of the Day:

Spoiler
Luke will win anyway, so here's a sympathy vote to Calle hoping it'll give him a pint of healthy Dam SA / B2 A luck.

I don't really know much about him, but "Carl-Magnus Wall" is a Tier 0 name. Sounds like a chess grandmaster or something. Plus he's smart enough to not associate with any of us degenerates outside of his stream.

Luke Szklarz Votes of the Day
Spoiler
Moit

I feel like Luke would never vote for me but nevertheless I share his taste in television and it's great

What an intense matchup here, I'm just sure this is going to be a nail biting close one.

dots

i am living in a nightmare

Mate mate mmmmmmmmmmate.

we got fish and chips that one time

The crimps mate

Luke,

Carl is a monster and an epic player, but Luke should win every year <3

gotta vote for my fellow star wars marathoner

part 11

Luke,

RESULTS

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Bikers

• defusing bombs on the frigate
    • twiii
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 03:09:31 AM »
hey guys where are the results of the luke and calle faceoff
3:35 hitekaimerr: mate my wrist is sprained, cap card broken, and i think i just went blind

3:35 hitekaimerr: cant stream

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 01:58:26 AM »
CHARTS FOR TODAYS VOTE

TROUBLECLEF92 GETS EXPOSED BY PHILIP BEZGOUBOV BY A SCORE OF 19-11!

TroubleClef92 Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Voting Clef just because he thinks he's gonna get btfo

Phil may be the better player but he is also very cocky, Alec is not.

FUCK YOU FOR USING THAT SNAPCHAT AUSTIN LMFAO

phirrel bezgoubov vs relclef92

Can't remember who played last

Philip Bez Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Kapap

Would dick it tbh

How is such a clueless autist a proof mod, IDK

how do i upload no delay gameplay

Kapap

My history is your mystery

who is troubleclef92

best vids in the elite

*Sluuuuurp* Eh. *Rumples bag of chips*

Kapap

NA Crew 4 Lyf

voting for the dude who is least likely to backroll a time less than 60 points

Trouble is straight up weird. Never liked him. Manchild

When I saw Alec's "Getting the FUCK out of here" snap today all I could think was "I wish his terrible snaps would get the FUCK out of my phone."

I hear Alec has kept track of his total time invested in making bad snaps, and it's almost caught up to the 500 hours it took him to get a silo pr.

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Alec McDonald

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
All these shots but my snaps won't stop  :nesquik:
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2017, 01:39:36 AM »
GOOSE STUNNED BY MARC 21-11!!!

Result Charts Here!

Marc Rutzou Votes of the Day

Spoiler
overly complicated charts? pretty poor design

Oh boy, degeneracy vs degeneracy, what to choose? Do I choose the enabler of degeneracy or the embodiment? To me, this is not an obvious choice, but a decision has to be made.

Goose has no doubt been responsible for bringing a lot of people into the Elite, continuously creates alluring SpeedLore and Top 5s videos, gives the Elite good exposure and is still the only successful Eliter to make good money from streaming, but I'll tell ya sonny boy none of those accomplishments come even within a mile's radius of Train 0:57. #MRvsRLforTheNextSummerContestMatch

"what the fuck do you think I'm gonna do with these people?  Sit there and only talk about the strategies used and in game tactics?  Have you watched a single one of my fucking videos this year?  I tell the players' stories through the LENS of Goldeneye.  I'm not going to sit there and talk about "wow what a struggle it is to get a good Silo run or the Aztec glass on a fast run."  I'm going to ask Karl the kinds of things he was going through as a young, depressed, lonely teenager when he was first bursting onto the scene, and how he's since overcome these to grow into a very successful, confident man; or what was going through Boss' mind when Clemens and Ace started chasing him down.  Or how Clemens discovered his girlfriend through the-elite, and how he was able to balance GE with that relationship, if at all.  This is stuff you'd know if you watched 1 second of any of my work this year (which it is apparent, you haven't.)  I'm legitimately offended you would demean my intelligence, and the quality of my work, by saying what you just said."

That gross and degenerate nose picking gif should convince everyone to vote for the other contestant. wtf.

Surprised gooses ego fits in that gif

Why vote for a nigga who picks his nose and eats it lmaoooooooooooo

Marcus Stryker

Voting for the dude who actually shows more respect to the vast majority of runners compared to the guy who could only convince a girl to bone on a picnic table

"Goose only chews on blue pills that have been dyed in red food colouring.

Marc munches on every color of the rainbow, he isn't afraid of anything."

That booger is probably the most nutritious meal Goose has had in years. 

Rwhitegoose Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Austin is a bad host

crack open an ice cold booger with the boys

Degeneracy here is unreal. Just think, Goose has inspired several people to invest 100K hours into degening GE. Meanwhile Marc has probably degened 10K hours into one level alone.

i forgot whether or not i voted already but i hope this makes comment of the day

This is my boy

I vote for Goose because even though we don't see eye to eye most of the time, and I rather admire Marc as a GE player. I really think Goose has changed for the better as of recent, and I will give him my vote in support of becoming a better person. (Also if he gets past this round we get more VOTD's :nesquick:)

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2017, 01:34:38 AM »
Woody clutches out against Eise, defeating him by one FUCKING VOTE!

Eise Smit Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Going to vote for my boy Lockwood here, but I really shouldn't bother because in the end it doesn't even matter, AustinTheRigger is just going to change my vote to Eise.

made the decision to vote for eise quicker than one of his streams

Lockwood is too much of a tryharding jock for me to like him. Almost as bad a s Goose.

Oh my that picture of Eise holding that the cat is more than enough to give him my vote (was voting for him anyways).

"Ryan will win anyways so I'll do this to annoy Eise 123546789
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::;:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"

"Who would vote against Eise?
Idiots, that is who!
Nobody smart would vote against this cat loving cunt.
Don't think for a second that anyone else deserves to win!
Old boys: it is time to stand up and hail your champion.
Why would you need a stream longer than 5 minutes when you play as well as Eise.
Sorry Ryan for the inevitable defeat.
10 is the score I give to this fellow.

This one's tough. Both are great guys, but Eise is the underdog here. Gonna vote for him.

classic dino vote here, but r.i.p eise the legend will beat you :(

Ryan Lockwood Votes of the Day

Spoiler
112 XD XD XD XD

Our boy looking SHARP, he probably banged 6 chicks after this party

gotta vote for my trig boi and future doom 64 spiral 19 record holder

Diabetes

Only one has 1:12

Only voted for Lockwood because his streams go on for longer.

In a contest more rigged than the WWE, Lockwood is the John Cena of The Elite

Cock tbh

makes me happy to see Ryan in what looks to be a better place / space these days, working towards his goals while still keeping good contact with this community. Eise is a mate too so it's hard to vote against him in round 1 but he spends too much time degenerating away life on WoW. Life is precious mate, don't through it all away. gl to ryan

Tough decision. Between Eise's sweet, melodic voice lulling me to sleep for every rare 10 minute stream or Lockwood's fantastical journeys that somehow he finds himself in, I can't really favor one over the other. However, this isn't Eise's first summer contest; If he were to win it, he would have already. Ergo, gotta give the vote to good ol' woody. I hope you keep doing well in school you N/A crew founder.

Couple of notes here: I will be keeping the email system during this contest in an effort to curtail double votes. If you're that upset by repeating your name on the ballot just put "null" or something. As long as your emails recognizable you should be okay. Secondly, summaries will be returning come the round of 16 as well as images of each Eliter on the board top. And lastly, @rwhitegoose

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 02:57:33 AM by Front Meal Drive »

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

• Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2017, 01:42:39 AM »
nice job linking to the results chart in that post, very handy, thank you!

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 03:31:53 AM »
Swiss defeats Henrik easily to advance to the Round of 16 by a score of 19-8

Henrik Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Lame ass serious comment here. Swiss in an absolute incredible top-tier player, watching his rise is amazing. Henrik though has given such invaluable contribution over many years with his findings. Being a new discord guy, I don't know these 2 much personally so it's a toughie.... I vote Henrik.

Classic player

All hail Henrik Genorgren

I @swiss'd one time in Discord and he never responded. Like c'mon, who would @swiss if they didn't have something important to say to him?

Swiss Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Dark horse to win the whole thing

Danno is a pretty chill dude. Always fun to be around, good listener and always keen. Shout outs to Henrik for being a great guy in the community too! Shame I gotta vote for the keener of the two.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

most cooked mate of all time tbh

SwissSnipe

Even though you vomited all over my new car your still the most chill. In your defense you probably didn't remember doing it.

"imagine wasting 3-4 hours of your life, compiling Discord chat over several hours
I genuinely feel bad for Austin that I dominate his life so heavily.
Pretty much everything Austin does when it comes to the elite is solely to spite me or ""get"" me in some way.  Imagine being a member of a community where this is all you do.  It's just sad."

the city of rigsville

1 vote for 1 ruined GDQ sink

Suh dude

*insert random salty crying about Austin hurting my feelings here*

Onto the next matchup featuring the undisputed King of Streets Aaron "Ogran" Morgan and the undisputed King of getting homework done for you Deep Sea Jezz Savage! GL to both contestants!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:38:03 AM by Front Meal Drive »

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 01:29:00 AM »
Ogran defeats Jezz 18-6 to advance to the Round of 16!

Jezz Votes of the Day

Spoiler
I sold out for this vote

sorry og gotta vote for my aussie MATE

Australia > Scotland

Ogran Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Pal dam 53

Cool strat finder

"Knowing Jezz more now, I am aghast that I gave him money for G-Day 2016. Jezz is the definition of first world problems, he's the last person in the elite I'd want to give money too.

Ogran is top tier at providing excellent advice for levels, even the boring ones. always a great m8 willing to help someone out."

Ogran was a good lad and made a critique vid for my streets 157's. That man has earned my vote. Cheers.

Do I vote for the wise GoldenEye player who told me about tricks that save 0.3s on Archives SA/00A or the turncoat who keeps dogging me by not streaming TTYD? I'm going to have to turncoat Jezz this match for turncoating me with the premature TTYD stream termination.

Voting Ogran because he went from worst ever player in history to have 300 on Streets Kappa

Two of the most addictive personalities in the contest, but at least one can mount an ISO

He yelled at me when I played streets on stream and didn't get 154s :(

If I lose this I'm gonna accept my speed run career is over and switch to MOH.

"Please stop playing streets it hurts to watch"

bikers my name and magic is my game!

my reaction when jezz wins this matchup http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ULkAQSexnm

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 01:52:38 AM »
Sammy advances to the round of 16, defeating Randy 15-9

Randy Chapman VOTDs

Spoiler
He's okay i guess...

it's me

I literally flipped a coin (online) for this vote.

voting for Randy so that more people will realize the contest is rigged

Randy made voice chat relevant in Discord, something no other person in The Elite was capable of. If there anyone to be jealous of in The Elite, it's definitely him.

Sammy is great too, love both

I'd rather not vote for someone who pours salt in their eyes

Sammy Rodgers VOTDs

Spoiler
certified fresh on the elite

best fucking snaps, worst fucking levels

how bout some sallllllllooooo

G'day Sammy

Between Sam screaming at the top of his lungs trying to get everyone to laugh to boost his self-esteem or Randy trying his best to become Koch 2.0 I gotta hand it to the guy who can strafe val better.

Sam Losco vs Randy Bobandy

Statue God 2.0

Always a pleasure to hang out/ play games/ discuss things with. One of the stronger relationships I feel that I've built during my time at the elite, and living across the globe- that's a pretty cool thing I think.

Dat Rubik's blindfolded solve

Sorry Randy, Sammy is the mate of mates

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:36:56 AM by Front Meal Drive »

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2017, 01:40:26 AM »
Icy posts a wall of relevant text in front of Ace, who is immediately cropped out of the contest, winning 13-7!

Perfect Ace Votes of the Day

Spoiler
My best snapchat mate

Why can't Austin find pictures of the people?! [Good question...shouldn't be an issue anymore minus Glover]

This is the ideal speedrunning body. You can get as salty as you want over how he plays the games, but this is what peak performance looks like. 

Icy Votes of the Day

Spoiler
When I came to Discord,  I did not know how to expect what Ace would be like. He's a cool sociable guy, and of course that he is a master at the games. But it would be turncoatery for me to vote against Icy, with his positive encouragement, and his always lovely Icy-tier posts.

Icy never makes a bad quality vid Kapap

Actually makes tutorials

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2017, 05:38:50 AM »
Wow, rigged! :nesquik:

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2017, 01:55:10 AM »
Karl cockblocked by 15 jealous low-IQ eliters. Gus advances winning 15-9!

Karl Jobst Votes of the Day

Spoiler
cock n balls

hmm an egomaniac vs a recluse tough choice

Goose out and now Ace is gone, too. If Karl doesn't win this match I am officially retiring from voting in the summer contest.

Voting for this crazy cunt

for not making me $750 poorer yet

Gus Riolo

Spoiler
The mystery must live on

One brain for each controller. The future is now

https://i.gyazo.com/941bea198b41d054baa5568af88f02c8.png

Who took that picture and why is my Justin Bieber in the background💩

Voted based on who has the most untieds (relevant games only).

Many reasons to vote for Karl... but him leaving the elite discord during the contest, I don't think he cares much. Not to say, Gus who I hardly know hasn't shown any care but.... for this year at least I can't vote Karl.

If Karl loses this match will he leave Discord for good this time?

Karl fucks dogs

I don't know who Gus Riolo is, but I know I'm not voting for cock man

im just too jealous of karl tbh

I had to vote for the only player who can bop me on anything.

Honestly, I'm only voting for gus because I'm jealous of Karl

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:03:45 AM by Qwezzo »

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 01:51:35 AM »
Randy Buikema gets r-leaned out of the contest. Turns out pussy does always win :( .

Tyler Deel Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Told me my movement was shit so it got better

What's the Deel with there being no current pics of Buikema

Deel will get rid of my 1x1 foot corner where I sleep when I am there if I turncoat him

2 cool dudes. 1 real Deel.

zombie pic nxt round pls

voting for Deel in hopes of shipping an Austin/Deel/Eliminator/Twii final 4 so everyone realizes the circlejerk this ""contest"" has become. It's closing quickly with The Truth Contest for most degenerate contest in history.
(>Not realizing that a.) twiii isn't even in the contest and b.) Deel and I are in the same bracket :nesquik:)

Gotta vote for the best producer in the elite.

if randy had a pic of a cat in his pic here I would've voted for him but tyler got it this time sorry randy

Randy Buikema Votes of the Day

Spoiler
voting for randy because cats suck and they always take a shit in my mulch

I'm R-leaning towards Randy in this one.

how old is that pic of randy wtf

#dinovote vs. a guy who keeps nudes of an ex to share #creepstatus

I'll vote for Randy in exchange for him not ruining a level people actually enjoy in the first place.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 02:17:12 AM by Front Meal Drive »

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Elite Top 5s

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 01:59:44 AM »
where can i find the results ?
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

TheFlash

• Thingy
    • twitch
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2017, 03:15:09 AM »
Huh?

If the votes are tied you have to wait for a Golden Vote.

YourAcenessPD

• Ace
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2017, 06:18:33 AM »
Dude you just rigged the match in front of us. This is an unprecedented level of rigging we've ever seen in a SC. :nesquik: :(

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2017, 02:35:58 AM »
It was agreed upon originally when the contest was being turned over to me that the golden vote would be not as easy to implement given the two separate chatrooms and (at the time) limited number of users in discord. Therefore it was settled that I would withhold voting in every matchup unless it was a tie, and I would be the deciding vote. However if everyone wishes as we are close to heading into the second round, I wouldn't mind exploring the Golden Vote option.

Birdie presses B just in time, sneaking past a hungover Alex Anderson. Vanilla Coke. Not even once.

Birdie Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Birdie inspired me to speedrun again and actually get points this time, gotta vote for him

B

Voting for myself to lose by a respectable amount instead of an embarrassing amount

If you were going to build an Eliter from the ground up to win the Summer Contest, they would be the exact opposite of Birdie.

I only vote for people who will never have a fiancé

one of the funniest dudes on the elite

birdie is a top mate, ******

Irdie88

Extremely good natured, fun person to be around. Interested in things, a big nerd but also a fellow generate. Nearly every comment he makes in discord is funny, like he's had hours to think and construct the wittiest response possible. Was the perfect person to premier Kapap 2 and I love what he adds to the elite. Could work on his OCB.

I guess I gotta vote for the birdman

Love ya  Alex, but this vote has to go to the disabled eliter without any controllers with a B button.

Alex Anderson Votes of the Day

Spoiler
Will vote for Birdie once he comes to an AGDQ like Alex, until then my vote for him has flown the :Coop:

Birdie is one of the top mates in The Elite, but I can't vote for a guy who unironically thinks the ewoks ruined Return of The Jedi. A real student of film would know that Wicket was the key to the entire movie.

DI.FM > birdie saying mate in every sentence

Easy

I'm sorry Birdie <3 Alex is one of the most generate now, respect.

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Front Meal Drive

• Boomer Sooner
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2017, 03:48:45 AM »
Glover "accidentally" leaves a jeep in the way of Austin and marches to the Round of 16. ON TO THE SWEET 16!

Austin Votes of the Day

Spoiler
RIGGED. SALT SALT SALT I CRY IN PUBLIC BECAUSE I CAN'T WIN SC

Whataburger

Oh boy, I'm not anonymous to who I'm voting for here...................... you wanna fuck ya sexy twink?

"string setWinner = ""Austin Perroux""; //to win match #4
if (summerContest.Vote.choice != setWinner)
{
summerContest.Vote.Result == setWinner;
log.print(""related vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1F4OduqrtQ"");
}"

Glover Votes of the Day

Spoiler
I'll vote for Austin when he can pronounce his opponents name correctly

When is it?

YourNEETness

gotta vote for my top mate and mario 64 coach

I like when he reacts to things in discord

it's his own match so I have to be extra cautious about him rigging http://i.imgur.com/hOP7vN9.png

when is the rigging

You're from Texas, sorry mate.

the most rigged match of SC 2017

Voted for the better TWINE player

Glover's -305 comment about Chibi getting doxxed on r/speedrun alone is a greater contribution to the-elite than anything Austin could ever dream of doing in his entire life.  Where's Streets 1:11 you dumb fuck?  Oh that's right, you couldn't get it before your mom sold your N64 for $30 worth of drug money.  LMAO

this vote is for glover, just saying this so austin doesnt rig my vote Kappa

-Hélder Câmara

2017 Chasing Season [1]:
Alexandria, Lousiana

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2017, 05:56:44 AM »
Theory: Glover started to claim the contest is rigged JUST so he could secure a win against Austin. I'm on to you!