Author Topic: Post non-PRs you do want to mention here!  (Read 5071 times)

MepH

Re: Post non-PRs you do want to mention here!
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 03:32:26 PM »
Nice times lol, already 38.7 after almost a year break;o great.

Lol why when someone comeback I always want to comeback aswell?;D I just made some runs on easy mode. 39.6 tomb easy, 36.1 Cyberden easy, 45.2 Spaceways easy... Really hard to get smooth strafing after such a long break.
I think I'm going to play some more story mode but I don't really feel motivated for it, it's just too long to get back my level, which is still under almost all story WRs standards times anyway. (I think I'll move to challenges very fast; I just want to try a level in hard mode before to see if I can still do something...)

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »
I feel the same way whenever someone else starts playing again. :P Those times are quite nice after a long break, but I really want you to play on NTSC. I know you could PR easily on levels like Tomb, Chinese Easy, Cyberden Easy is probably better too, Planet X, etc. NTSC is just smoother overall.

MepH

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »
Docks Hard - 43.0. with a small stuck in the pickup area, overall run decent, not really fast (looked a lot like a 42.8 run without the stuck)

About NTSC, Ye I can see from videos that it is smoother, and that it could help me getting some times (atleast on easy mode, on which I've never did good times;e) but well... I'm fine with my PAL copy, in the future I could buy swapmagic + burn/buy ts1 ntsc copy but I don't feel like going for it at the moment, since I won't play story mode anyway ^^ (or just like now, some hardmode maps after playing the challenges!)

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2013, 04:27:21 PM »
That's a pretty damn sweet Docks Hard time, keep going man.

The cheapest option is to simply install this http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/ on a PS2 memory card you have and burn TS1 on a regular CD-R.

I think Free McBoot makes it possible to play backup copies at least, but I haven't tried it myself. But then again, I guess it can be quite nice to know all your times/scores were done on PAL, so it's up to you of course. I just don't like when other people get a disadvantage on certain levels.

Hard mode overall better on PAL so it sounds like a good idea to play those levels + challenges.

EDIT: Apparently, you must burn the games on DVD when using Free McBoot and patch them with something called "ESR patcher", so keep this in mind if you ever do this. (This is just something I read from a few old posts on a forum just now and might be wrong.)

This makes me think Swap Magic + a CD-R would be the easiest but slightly more expensive option. Depends on how good you are with computers and stuff (and you seem to be really good).

MepH

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »
Ok thanks for the info, I didn't know FreeMcBoot, it indeed looks cool and cheap. If I ever try NTSC, I'll try this first ;)
About docks, yep it's a lot better than the easy non-prs I did just before, but I also played it more (about 1h-1h20.). but wtf, now I've to do a post in WR topic since I already made a challenge wr (15-20min;o).

Silent Thunder

• Less dangerous than invisible lightning.
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
1B Putrid Punchout - 36.5
1B Putrid Punchout - 36.7

I got both before 35.8.  The 36.5 was a PR at the time.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2013, 08:51:06 AM »
Chemical Plant Easy 15.1

15.0 would be very nice.

MepH

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
15.1 again ? :o

Tried some more 1B and 1A yesterday... but I couldn't improve my PRs.
1A - 1:09.2. (and it was the only good run, others were 1:11+)
1B - 36.7, 36.3, 36.5.

I think I'm going for something else... 1B WR is now a really solid WR in my opinion (as the 1A one).

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2013, 10:48:12 AM »
I got two 15.2 also but 15.0 seems to require a near perfect run..

Cyberden Hard 57.4 - New strat + body armour. All I can say is, 57.3 is the worst WR time wise but it's pretty good considering the strat used.

STREAMING!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:54:53 AM by Stefan Persson »

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
1B - 36.4

It's fairly easy for me to get under 38 now, but it's pretty rare to go under 37.

7C - 82 kills

Haven't played this in forever.  I think I used a camping strat back when I got 84, but the luck is terrible.  I didn't get anything over 60 when trying it out again.  A more normal strat, like in MepH's vid seems to work much better, but you still need a lot of luck with teammates to approach 80 and above.

EDIT

7C - 83 kills
7C - 82 kills 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:57:45 AM by Silent Thunder »

MepH

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
Nice times :o

On 1B, I think it's kinda the same for me, I have a total of 7 runs with 36's time, but about 20 runs with 37's time.

On 7C, I tried a bit more today, but only got an other 80. It really requires a lot of luck.
I also tried some other things on 7C, as camping some seconds in the stairs above grenade launcher when there's a lot of people in that area of the map, it works well sometimes as it can do the 6kills in a few seconds before coming back to the 'normal' strat. (except if they appear close to that place, then camping some more time is a good idea of course). I Tried also something with proximity mines but this strat didn't do anything good.
Good luck if you're going for the 89 ^^

By the way ST, i just watched your old WR on 4C with 1:58.5 time (dunno where I downloaded it last year). The run is completely AMAZING lol.
Sad that you didn't know you could punch the windows to make a better time on that run :/

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »
By the way ST, i just watched your old WR on 4C with 1:58.5 time (dunno where I downloaded it last year). The run is completely AMAZING lol.
Sad that you didn't know you could punch the windows to make a better time on that run :/

I should upload that run to youtube.  It's still one of my favorites.  4B and 4C are probably my most played challenges, but almost all of the time I put into 4C was before I knew about the punching.  That 1:58.5 was the result of trying to break 2:00 on 4C, and I knew it was possible but there was room for really only a couple small mistakes.  Getting that run felt great, but I was absolutely sick of 4C by that point and never wanted to play it again. 

Punching was then discovered, which was....upsetting.  I played 4C with the punching strat enough to put out a solid time, but it's not to the same standard as the 1:58.5.  I hate the punching in that stage.  It looks stupid, it doesn't fit the challenge, and it just reeks of being an unintended oversight by the game designers especially given that punching is disabled on similar stages in the later games.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2013, 06:26:17 PM »
Yeah, that 1:58.5 run is sick, one of my favourites for sure. I felt kinda bad for ST when I found out you can punch, but I had to share the information of course.

Chemical Plant Easy 15.1

EDIT: Another 15.1.

Another, five in total.

Make that six.

Seven.

Eight. 15.0 is super hard.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:10:46 AM by Stefan Persson »

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »
Cyberden Hard 57.3

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »
Tomb Normal 59.1

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2015, 04:49:33 PM »
Planet-X Easy 36.5

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 11:39:56 PM »
7C Everyone Must Go - 84 kills

Ties my PR.  Had a bad ending.  It will be nice to finally have an 80+ kill video.