Author Topic: Ask Any GE Question You'd Like Here!  (Read 108099 times)

P3PS1

Ask any GE related question you like here.
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2009, 06:47:00 am »
Thanks muchly one and all except Alex.... :P

Darth Vader

• You don't know the power of the dark side
    • Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2009, 06:55:00 am »
What the hell is the reason to running up against the wall 1 sec before approaching Valentin on Streets SA and 00?
Once a heroic Jedi Knight
Seduced by the dark side of the force
Sith Lord
Leading the Empire's eradication of the Jedi Order

Wouter Jansen

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2009, 07:03:00 am »
more likely to be seen sooner
sexy, this

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2009, 08:26:00 am »
Oh thanks. When you say "More Likely" Is it then possible he will see you right away when not waiting 1 sec?
Sith Lord

Lovins

• GE
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2009, 08:55:00 am »
He should see you the instant you touch the wall (provided you touch the right spot), so no there's no need to wait at the wall, but people probably just do that because there's really no hurry to get in his room after that.

Infected Mind

• Retro Game Enthusiast
    • Alex
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2009, 01:37:00 pm »
I Just hate pespi with a passion. So dont take it the wrong way ive always been that way.
AKA: l34ss l3oost
AKA: AlexWAnderson

P3PS1

« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »
Hahahaha don't hate, appreciate I always say

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2009, 05:03:00 am »
I have a question for Dam Agent...

Sometimes i screw around with the Fast Animation cheat wich allows you to get 0:52 because the gate is open when you are there. I have had 0:53's with this cheat wich had even badder music pace than some of my 0:54's. So it's clear that the music pace is lying. The only difference when doing a run without cheats, is that i use look-up from the tunnel to the gate switch. i look down again 2 secs before the switch. I do that for 2 reasons.

1: The music pace is faster this way
2: The gate opens fast like 25% of the time

So could it be that i think it's faster because of the music pace, but it's really slower?
Sith Lord

Time was untied when set.

• Dat clutchness
    • Clemens
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2009, 05:28:00 am »
Cheats mess the music up. Try playing Runway Agent with turbo and time the exit for a standard low 23 music pace, and itll always be 22.
teh peoples champ

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2009, 10:19:00 am »
question for Cradle SA/00A: Is there some way to aviod getting invisible grenades while you're trying to kill Trev?

• Dat clutchness
    • Clemens
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2009, 01:51:00 pm »
Time the grenade throw later.
teh peoples champ

Al Gore

• SRT
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • Twitter
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2009, 05:36:00 pm »
Question for Surface 2 Agent, I always miss the Remote throw. I watched some videos, After 3 seconds you blow up the mine, I try to do the same, but it doesn't work for me? somehow...
As much cheating as Henning did in GE I don't think he had any time left over to cheat on his GF. - Illu

Marc&Ryan aren't streaming, but I bet they're practicing holes. - Wouter Jansen
Converter is official from Denmark. - DavidK519

• Dat clutchness
    • Clemens
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2009, 04:18:00 am »
Do you land the mine? If so, stop doing that. The key is to get it to warp the wall without landing on it, by detonating as soon as it hits the wall. I dont really know how to exactly explain where to throw it from, but if you watch some 50s people did, you should be able to get an idea. If you go for a time around 51-52, the throw is quite a bit more consistent. You just need to study the proper vids and from there go by feel.
teh peoples champ

Al Gore

• SRT
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • Twitter
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2009, 08:58:00 am »
Ok, Thanks, I don't let the mines land. I know I fail 0:52, So I watch the smoke after to see if I had it almost
Sure I will study vids.
As much cheating as Henning did in GE I don't think he had any time left over to cheat on his GF. - Illu

TheGreatMax

« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2009, 04:56:00 am »
Anyone actually waiting for Runboy Reorganizer to chime in?  Surely, with your young vast memory you think it will happen any milisecond now.

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2009, 05:25:00 am »
Are there just something wrong with me, or do i never understand shit of Greatmax's posts?
Sith Lord

Al Gore

• SRT
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • Twitter
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2009, 10:00:00 am »
We just don't understand any shit of him...

Silent Foe

« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2009, 05:49:00 am »
What sort of bugs or glitches do you guys know of on Train?

The only glitches and bugs I know of are that door you can shoot through and how you can get out of the train without Natalya following you. Are there any other glitches you guys can list on that level?

I'm trying to come up with strategies for DLTK Train and I'm going to need all the ideas I can get. Anything you can think of might help

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2009, 06:16:00 am »
I will not be much of a help, but i suggest you to contact Illu or Adam Bozon. Patrik also posted a Train run by Illu earlier here in the topic if you haven't watched that yet. It was a death later in the run, but maybe you could use some strats from the run. Good luck with Train you are defently the right man for the job!
Sith Lord

Silent Foe

« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2009, 06:47:00 am »
Yeah, I saw that video of Illu making it past the 2nd carriage and getting overrun by guards as he was about to go into the 3rd, it helped me come up with a few strategies for the beginning, but I'm going to need some really good strategies for the rest of the level.

However, since I'm kind of new here, I'm not really as familiar with the levels as you guys are, so I was wondering if there were any glitches or minor secrets you guys can think of that I might not know about. If you can just list anything you know, I might be able to find a good way to put whatever you list to good use. For example...are there any other doors I can shoot through in the level besides the door at the end of the 3rd cabin?

bcks

• <3 Rashida Jones
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2009, 07:09:00 am »
You can open most locked doors on train, by angleing yourself to open it from the other side through a wall.

P3PS1

« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2009, 07:27:00 am »
After watching the train DLTK TAS i guess you could use the glitch where you place yourself at a certain distance from an enemy where they cant hit you?

Silent Foe

« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2009, 12:46:00 pm »
hmm... you guys just gave me a few new ideas for strategies. Thank you

Discombobulator11

« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2009, 11:11:00 pm »
This is a pretty technical question, and I haven't found much by searching the forums, so I thought I'd bring it up here. Also, I'm too "washed up" to try to figure this out on my own

I've been playing some streets A/00a recently, and am having trouble figuring out what lookdown angle is the "best"

I've been playing around with all sorts of angles, and just can't put my finger on what angle is the best or most consistent.  I feel like this is a potentially "noobile" question, but I also think it's a pretty necessary question or topic, especially when you're trying to shave off a few milliseconds

I tend to use the angle at which you zoom in to the watch as the baseline.  It doesn't seem to be efficient to look completely down, which is why you don't see any vids of levels at pure lookdown, but I seem to notice a sort of "gray area" on the subject.  Different people seem to use different angles on different levels.  It seems overly variable, for something as key as lookdown is.

So far, I've had the most success with an angle a bit above the watch zoom angle, but I've also heard that the "best" angle is just below the watch zoom angle.  Too high of an angle and you run into lag, which is what we're assumably trying to avoid to begin with, but I've also found that too low doesn't help either.

I'm basically a bit dumbfounded trying to figure this out on my own, so I figured I'd plea for help

I'm not sure how confusing I just made this, so if you have questions, or just want to make fun of me, feel free

Henning Blom

• Henning
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2009, 02:23:00 am »
I usually use lookdown like at the watchline and lower than that, barely ever above the watchline, it just feels better for me.

Lovins

• GE
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2009, 12:45:00 pm »
What causes that extra guard to be in the MF room in Bunker 1? A certain cinema?

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2009, 12:53:00 pm »
Extra guard in the MF room? I have no idea what you're talking about! I'm asuming that the MF room is where Boris is doing his work? You mean there is 4 guards in there sometimes?
Sith Lord

Lovins

• GE
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2009, 12:56:00 pm »
MF=mainframe. Yeah there's an extra guard behind that left crate sometimes. Obviously sucks for DLTK!

vitor

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2009, 03:03:00 pm »
I don't think that there's an "optimal angle" for look-down. It's different from level to level.. it depends on what models/objects/laggy area are in your sight with that angle. Although I think that looking just a tad below the watch line is the best, or close to it, on preety much all the cases.

Also I don't understand how looking straight down isn't better than looking 45, 40 degrees (I guess this has been said here). At the most cases there will be nothing on the screen but the floor, so how this can be worst than looking at a piece of wall, a piece of floor, and maybe some legs of guards, or boxes, or whatever, at the same time? Obviously you would use this on straight lines or else it'd be too hard to make a turn etc, but why don't we look straight down when we line up the strafe on streets, for an example?

Al Gore

• SRT
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • Twitter
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2009, 05:14:00 pm »
Ok, how often you can get a grenade on Surface 2 and Cradle??
I didn't had any grenade in a hour on Surface 2, seems not normal to me...

Infected Mind

• Retro Game Enthusiast
    • Alex
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2009, 06:17:00 pm »
Small things can increase chances for nades. Example, certain look downs lower your chance (unproven) However if you take the guard in no look down if he doesnt instantly pull a nade do a chest shot so he changes animation (Chest shots have fastest recovery). Maybe he will pull a nade right after. You can do this on cradle like 2-3 times usually and still make it to trev at normal pace (just dont wait at bottom) For s2 try to come out of that corner a tad wide so you get instant reaction by him. so if he dont pull a nade you can maybe wound him for a second chance. I mean sure it will lose fractional time, but you probly can still get all wrs by doing this. Remember on cradle only guards with 1 ZMG can pull nades (pretty positive) So if you see all guards are double zmgs save some time and quit out early.

But yeah like I think the average is at least 20 minutes for a nade up to an Hour. Depends on level I suppose.

Lovins

• GE
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2009, 09:37:00 pm »
Always seemed like 15 minutes for S2 and 25-30 for Cradle for me.

Al Gore

• SRT
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • Twitter
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2009, 05:41:00 pm »
Ok, thanks for the tips, I give it a try. Since I'm unlucky, I need to double the time
So 30 minutes, Eddie, will be a hour , and it's true since I didn't even get a nade in a hour on Surface 2

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2009, 07:33:00 pm »
Grenades are often extremely irregular to me. I mean I can get like 2 or 3 nades in a row but then it can take up to 2 hours or more to get another one.

P3PS1

« Reply #134 on: October 25, 2009, 06:30:00 am »
The extra guard in the mainframe room I think is caused by too much noise? Thats what it seems to be for me.... Just a random idea

Lovins

• GE
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2009, 11:18:00 am »
Yeah I figured that out after awhile. Just like several other areas in the level where the guards can duplicate themselves lol really annoying.

qstarh

« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2009, 04:15:00 pm »
Two bullets in the back of trev on Cradle = 1 head shot ... right?

and out of 10 runs how many times should I be killing him... ie whats average? Im just having a heck of a time killing him consistently.

Infected Mind

• Retro Game Enthusiast
    • Alex
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2009, 04:44:00 pm »
best way to kill him is having both zmgs firing at same time. so shoot a few bullets. reaload and hold z so both shots fire at same time not one then the other.

theres an indent on one of the doors that lines you up with with trevs head i think, just use trial and error there. hope for 3-4 head shots.

Lovins

• GE
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2009, 06:09:00 pm »

When I was going for 35 I started to have more consistency by NOT doing the double shot in the shed, instead I'd fire regularly and go for a single head shot, then kill him with a double later. I was having trouble with him running to the end instead from the bottom of the ramp if I hit him with a double in the shed. I think I got that strat from Clemens too.

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2009, 08:40:00 pm »
Double headshot the moment he becomes vincible again kills him almost ever single time (I believe if you have anything more effective than a single limb shot in the hut he will die from a double head.)

So basically if you're going for 35, just get a slower Trev and be shooting at his head before he gets to the bottom of the ramp. He will die and you win 35.

This is how I have over 30 35s.
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

qstarh

« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2009, 10:07:00 am »
Thanks for all the info!!! I really appreciate it! Ill try to implement some of that as best I can... and we'll see what happens.

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2009, 07:33:00 pm »
Who's been closest to the 6000 points ever?
Sith Lord

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2009, 08:45:00 pm »

Boss had like 5988 or something. Was missing Cradle SA 0:36, Depot 00A 0:50, Bunker 1 A 0:17 and Aztec A 1:35 or some ridic combination like that.

I forget what Wouter's untieds were... blagh this is a difficult memory task.  Wouter and Cervone had Aztec SA 1:45 tied at some point so it was before then when Boss had 5988.

~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2009, 10:22:00 pm »

Al Gore

• SRT
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • Twitter
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2009, 02:51:00 pm »
Whoa, Nice! almost 6000. But that was a few years ago.

Henning Blom

• Henning
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2009, 03:28:00 pm »
didnt wouter have like even more than that way back then?

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2009, 01:02:00 am »
Just a question.. Now we all know 1:16 on Dam SA doesn't exist because of the lag that will occur on the hut alarms. What about emolators? Are there any lag at all? Then you can just shoot 5 bullets insanity while backing up. And pluggin in a N64 controller to the computer ofc.
Sith Lord

bcks

• <3 Rashida Jones
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2009, 01:19:00 am »
I think it gets like 1:12 or 1:14 or something, they shoot through the walls without opening most or any of the doors.

Grags

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2009, 01:27:00 am »

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2009, 02:58:00 am »
Why do you post a link of Simons 112 TAS??
Sith Lord