Author Topic: Ask Any GE Question You'd Like Here!  (Read 108161 times)

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Re: Ask Any GE Question You'd Like Here!
« Reply #1400 on: August 06, 2018, 04:17:09 pm »
My bad probably why i dont have dam 53 lol

Vermin

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #1401 on: August 06, 2018, 04:29:12 pm »
38.6 is 52 pace so a 37 quitout would be like 51 to 52 pace lol. So 38 to 39 quitout is 53 pace.

36.8 quitout is 52.

wishiwasfamous

• derp
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1402 on: August 07, 2018, 10:08:06 pm »
Any suggestions on making it easier to see on Surface 2? I have always played it with the lights turned off to try and maximize what I can see but I was wondering if people have other recommendations (max brightness/contrast on tv or something) to playing this dark level?

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1403 on: August 07, 2018, 10:23:34 pm »
Any suggestions on making it easier to see on Surface 2? I have always played it with the lights turned off to try and maximize what I can see but I was wondering if people have other recommendations (max brightness/contrast on tv or something) to playing this dark level?
If you're using regular AV cables with nonpowered splitters (like this: https://i.imgur.com/KW43vwZ.jpg) then you should get a powered splitter if its way too dark, or get a svideo/av cable and play on av and capture with svideo (or the other way around if your tv has svideo)

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1404 on: August 08, 2018, 09:00:22 am »
38.6 is 52 pace so a 37 quitout would be like 51 to 52 pace lol. So 38 to 39 quitout is 53 pace.

36.8 quitout is 52.

36.8 quitout is not 52. The vast majority of runs will require a .6 decimal to get down to the next second barrier. .7 at max with the quickest endings (which appear to be a bit random) which are very rare.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

wishiwasfamous

• derp
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1405 on: August 08, 2018, 02:37:00 pm »
If you're using regular AV cables with nonpowered splitters (like this: https://i.imgur.com/KW43vwZ.jpg) then you should get a powered splitter if its way too dark, or get a svideo/av cable and play on av and capture with svideo (or the other way around if your tv has svideo)

Thanks man! I'm just using the Dazzle to split video to the laptop and tv.  I'm assuming that's a powered splitter since it needs to be plugged in to work. Using the regular AV cable (red yellow white).

Guado

• Guado
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1406 on: August 11, 2018, 05:14:20 am »
Does shooting a hostage on frigate have any effect on which deloading zone they pick?
What research is out on deloading zones?
90+ hrs into XC2 NG+, going for 100%. Be back when I get bored.

Your Eliteness

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #1407 on: August 11, 2018, 06:22:20 am »
https://ryandwyer.gitlab.io/gepd-function-explorer/ge-frigate-0404.html

They have a fairly equal chance of choosing one of 6 zones, although one has a slightly higher chance than the others.

If you shoot near a hostage while they're running and they surrender, it looks like they choose a new zone at random when they resume running.

If it's possible to shoot a hostage and have them not die, then it looks like they would choose a new zone at random as well.

There's more information in the facts topic.

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #1408 on: August 11, 2018, 09:17:37 am »
With frigate its pure rng you just wanna free the hostages as quick as possible hope you dont get like a slow chocking death and unload the hostage as quick as possible, no point wasting time shooting near them or anything.

danimule

« Reply #1409 on: August 11, 2018, 02:54:45 pm »
Hi this is Dan Berube. I've decided to tie Karl's 0:52 Dam because 0:53 only took me 10 or so hours back in 2001 or something, I figure it won't be that hard.  How do people tape these days now that we've all gotten ridden of our VCRs?  Thanks for your help! 

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1410 on: August 11, 2018, 03:09:51 pm »
Hi this is Dan Berube. I've decided to tie Karl's 0:52 Dam because 0:53 only took me 10 or so hours back in 2001 or something, I figure it won't be that hard.  How do people tape these days now that we've all gotten ridden of our VCRs?  Thanks for your help!
https://forums.the-elite.net/index.php?topic=20940.0

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #1411 on: August 11, 2018, 03:45:12 pm »
Hes back again! Make sure you play with 2.x to save the .3 seconds from the start.

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #1412 on: August 11, 2018, 04:19:21 pm »
I figure it won't be that hard. 

Not to discourage you too much, but it took Karl over 200 hours to achieve 52, and had only three runs which had a chance at 52. If you're willing to put in that time, or more, then be our guest.
Discord: @JDBlack#9593

danimule

« Reply #1413 on: August 12, 2018, 01:38:10 am »
I'm not sure if I can take 200 hours off of work currently but I'm going to ask my boss Monday morning. Is there an easier untied to tie because that sounds like a nightmare

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #1414 on: August 12, 2018, 02:29:53 am »
I'm not sure if I can take 200 hours off of work currently but I'm going to ask my boss Monday morning. Is there an easier untied to tie because that sounds like a nightmare

You do realize that Karl worked a full time job while married and maintaining a household & family; all the while he played Dam Agent for 200 hours over the course of several months?  If this was a "jab" at Karl, or GEers in general for "not having jobs/a life" then you picked literally the worst possible target for this jab.  It'd be like making fun of Mark Zuckerberg for being poor, because you're too dumb/uninformed/ignorant/low IQ to actually know the context of which you are talking or joking about.

Honestly, you are a complete joke in this community; no one, aside from a few equally low-IQ & uninformed individuals ever bought your claim of Dam Agent 0:53, and I absolutely love the fact that I've found a way to monetize the mind-numbingly absurd stories that you and other dopey eliters have played out over the years.
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

Rützou

• Marc R
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1415 on: August 12, 2018, 05:17:43 am »
 :kappa: :nesquik:

danimule

« Reply #1416 on: August 12, 2018, 05:48:43 am »

You do realize that Karl worked a full time job while married and maintaining a household & family; all the while he played Dam Agent for 200 hours over the course of several months?  If this was a "jab" at Karl, or GEers in general for "not having jobs/a life" then you picked literally the worst possible target for this jab.  It'd be like making fun of Mark Zuckerberg for being poor, because you're too dumb/uninformed/ignorant/low IQ to actually know the context of which you are talking or joking about.

Honestly, you are a complete joke in this community; no one, aside from a few equally low-IQ & uninformed individuals ever bought your claim of Dam Agent 0:53, and I absolutely love the fact that I've found a way to monetize the mind-numbingly absurd stories that you and other dopey eliters have played out over the years.

I'm sorry you're so incredulous as to the fact I got a relatively easy time that 200 other people got after me simply because I was the first to tie it and was so new to the forum I didn't know the importance of taping.  Literally I had made about 12 posts before attempting the record.  If you recall correctly, I was like the 7th person to get 0:26 Depot A within two weeks of starting to speedrun, provided two separate taped instances of me achieving the time, and actually was believed by many in the community regarding the 0:53.  I suppose it's conceivable I could've cheated in some way to actually present the 0:54's I taped with the 0:53 underneath but it's not in my nature to cheat in gaming, sports or anything.  It's not really that difficult to believe I put in some hours to achieve a time that requires hardly any shooting skill other than the lock.  As for you thinking I was taking a "jab" at your community, you simply reveal your own insecurity rather than making any sort of correct assumption.  I still love to game but get more out of cooperative online FPS's now than speedrunning, in which I loathe cheaters as much as you signal to.  But I admire your preemptive jab, and I apologize for hurting your feelings, despite them being hurt by something you chose to misconstrue.

Sidenote: Didn't Karl have some unproven Aztec WR with some untested strat back in the day or am I mistaken?  Try not to get too upset, I may be recalling this incorrectly

Sidenote 2: Please tell me that Zuckerberg analogy was not meant to be clever
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 05:55:35 am by danimule »

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #1417 on: August 12, 2018, 01:26:28 pm »
[quote author=danimule link=topic=14793.msg456186#msg456186 date=1534067323

Sidenote: Didn't Karl have some unproven Aztec WR with some untested strat back in the day or am I mistaken?  Try not to get too upset, I may be recalling this incorrectly
[/quote]

That was Steven Zwartjes. Ironically, he also came back recently to try to prove his strat again.

« Reply #1418 on: August 19, 2018, 05:54:20 pm »
How about some tips for placing mines in Caverns 00A for survival? I usually use one for each console in the obj A area, then use AR33 on obj B. This usually leaves me with 3 or 4 for the obj B exit, and I lose heaps of runs to the damage in the hallway while waiting for the door to the radio room.

I normally right strafe past the drone and either place one on the ceiling next to it or on the corner of the wall at the top of the stairs. I hit the consoles with mediocre execution, run up the stairs through any guards, and place one on the wall to the right of the drone and one near the T intersection. Then I run into the corner of the wall waiting for the door and try to hit the lure shot. However despite being okay at the radio room, I tend to get smoked by guards standing in the area at the top of the stairs both on the way to the radio and coming back. I feel like better placement would help a lot since I've had a lot of runs where I took 4 or more shots in this area. The rest of the run I feel pretty good about, it's a lot of luck but I'm able to take minimal damage from my lines in certain areas and pass Trev before the spiral which is key. I often fail by 1-2 bars of health and the hallway between obj B and the radio tends to be where I get shot to pieces.

My current PB is 6:42 and I've had dozens of 2:10 pace runs or better with either an objective failed, death into the elevator, Trev slamming the door by a frame due to last second backboost, etc. I tend to lose about 80% of runs to scientist trolling and some to incompletes, I am aware that this level requires a lot of grinding to complete. If I could get a sub 2:10 it would be my first points as well as a massive improvement in my time rankings, so I'm quite keen to try and reduce some of my misfortune if possible. Anything on conservative strats here, especially for slower pace runs like mine, would be greatly appreciated.

DaisyFan

« Reply #1419 on: August 19, 2018, 06:25:00 pm »
For Bunker 1 Agent, i'm having problem with the ending door, need to be lucky if i'm getting a perfect warp?

Ray Ruane

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1420 on: August 26, 2018, 01:12:36 pm »
Why don't people use proximity mines on Caverns Agent to kill guards and reduce lag?!

KevinDDR

• PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1421 on: August 26, 2018, 01:23:02 pm »
The non-chaser unloaded guards barely add any lag on that stage and the explosions probably offset anything you could gain. They are also not proximity mines but timed mines so getting any mileage out of them is a dubious gamble at best. Tossing a mine to blow up during the end warp and induce lag is probably better and even then it's unlikely that's worthwhile.

Ray Ruane

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1422 on: August 26, 2018, 03:50:08 pm »
Yeah I meant to say times mines. Thanks for the explanation. Was just curious, because on Secret Agent it gets very, very, very laggy at the end.

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #1423 on: August 26, 2018, 04:04:36 pm »
That's due to all the explosions going on, not the guards. While it's true that more guards=more lag, explosions are much worse when it comes to lag.

Ray Ruane

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1424 on: August 26, 2018, 05:36:28 pm »
Why use mines on Facility Agent then?!

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #1425 on: August 26, 2018, 06:08:03 pm »
For boosts. You can't boost with timed mines because they're, well, timed.

iriebutler

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #1426 on: August 26, 2018, 06:09:05 pm »
They are remote mines in facility, you can actually boost yourself with them, as literally everyone does in their record videos. If done even somewhat properly, a decent boost on facility should save more than it loses from the lag caused. Have you ever watched a video on the ranks?
*Inventor of thumb condoms*

Ray Ruane

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1427 on: August 26, 2018, 06:48:15 pm »
I've watched tons. I'm just trying to understand how lag is controlled.

mop890

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #1428 on: September 02, 2018, 06:06:20 pm »
Hey guys, been playing Bunker 1 SA and am pretty close to points, how do you guys do your start? I've been holding back right strafe into upright strafe to open the first door but I don't think that's optimal, and I'm having trouble figuring out what the inputs are.

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #1429 on: September 02, 2018, 06:34:17 pm »
Hey guys, been playing Bunker 1 SA and am pretty close to points, how do you guys do your start? I've been holding back right strafe into upright strafe to open the first door but I don't think that's optimal, and I'm having trouble figuring out what the inputs are.

my old 25 vid should be a decent reference if you slow it down:

mop890

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #1430 on: September 02, 2018, 06:52:27 pm »
Alright, thanks!

wishiwasfamous

• derp
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1431 on: September 05, 2018, 04:43:42 pm »
What's the cinema/slap timing for archives A using 2.x, and can/should it be CC'd?

Bizichyld

« Reply #1432 on: September 24, 2018, 12:06:35 am »
Sorry to piggyback in your question, Wiff.

Roughly how much time does lookdown/up save on Dam agent?

I could benefit from an extra second or two of forward look before the lock shot. Gave up last year after a little under 30 hours, but thinking about getting back on the horse.

KevinDDR

• PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1433 on: September 24, 2018, 06:26:05 am »
You can absolutely look forward way way way before the lock shot. I don't know how early you can look up without *technically* losing time (maybe some expert can chime in or you can just watch what 52 does), but for 53 it truly doesn't matter at all. The time has plenty of wiggle room when using 2.x and Full for consistent fast gates.

wishiwasfamous

• derp
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1434 on: September 24, 2018, 02:14:41 pm »
Sorry to piggyback in your question, Wiff.

Roughly how much time does lookdown/up save on Dam agent?

I could benefit from an extra second or two of forward look before the lock shot. Gave up last year after a little under 30 hours, but thinking about getting back on the horse.

No worries!

Guado

• Guado
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1435 on: September 25, 2018, 12:11:59 pm »
Now I'm not saying 21 is possible (I'm not.), but how low is the lowest Runway 22, tenths-wise?

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #1436 on: September 25, 2018, 02:51:53 pm »
Now I'm not saying 21 is possible (I'm not.), but how low is the lowest Runway 22, tenths-wise?

If we use a perfectly strafed 5 boost run with 2.x as a staple for what a 22.9x run looks like, and the fact that 7 boosts is the most anyone has gotten on a run (I've heard claims of 8 boosts, but have never seen it), that would put the fastest possible 22 somewhere around 22.3x. The double hut boost does exist, but I've heard that also requires a non-optimal hut. So overall, I think the fastest possible 22 with current strats is somewhere around 22.1x

Guado

• Guado
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1437 on: September 26, 2018, 06:47:23 am »
Where's the 44 Egypt LTK?

TIMtheoneandonly

• GE
« Reply #1438 on: September 26, 2018, 05:44:20 pm »
I know the answer may be "No, only controllers are allowed" but am i able to use a keyboard and mouse for the speedrun? If not, can i use my xbox one controller or does it have to be an N64 controller? Thanks guys

AForgottenEvent

« Reply #1439 on: September 26, 2018, 06:03:44 pm »
How do you plan to use a keyboard on an N64?

TIMtheoneandonly

• GE
« Reply #1440 on: September 26, 2018, 06:12:30 pm »

There is an emulator that made it possible. I just got a 0:53 and i want to record BUT if keyboard and mouse is not allowed then i wont waste my time recording

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1441 on: September 26, 2018, 06:23:20 pm »
Emulator is not allowed, no. Please read the proof policy before asking any further questions.
PD Proof Moderator

RBlackGoose

« Reply #1442 on: September 27, 2018, 11:39:12 am »

Some guys actually have Keyboard adapters to N64 in Smash Bros. community. It's pretty cool!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4OLlqrHKI

The other guy is using N64 controller but he usually plays with X-Box one!
"You know, looking 8 years back it was clear many of us back then were so childish but have grown to be mature adults with a better understanding of things.." Ace

wishiwasfamous

• derp
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1443 on: November 02, 2018, 11:25:01 am »
Would someone have a video of a s1 PR (1:02-1:04) that uses 2.x input controls in the video? I can't get the hang of the locks with pulling back on one stick, strafing, zooming, and crouching with 2 controllers!

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #1444 on: November 02, 2018, 12:24:05 pm »
Would someone have a video of a s1 PR (1:02-1:04) that uses 2.x input controls in the video? I can't get the hang of the locks with pulling back on one stick, strafing, zooming, and crouching with 2 controllers!

I used 2.2 CC'd for my 102, and my advice is to not CC unless you don't have a gamecube stick in your 2nd controller (if not you should grab one though).
Not CC'ing takes care of the "holding back for locks" issue, thought CC'ing does make it nice and easy to finish, since you just let go of the stick.
The small timesaver with the crouch at the end is just R+C-down on your right controller, so just let go of the stick once you're falling into the hole and regrip the crouch, it just allows you to hit the end trigger a tenth or so faster.

Later after work I can grab a quick 103 or something with the 2nd controller input displayed

wishiwasfamous

• derp
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #1445 on: November 02, 2018, 12:44:08 pm »

I used 2.2 CC'd for my 102, and my advice is to not CC unless you don't have a gamecube stick in your 2nd controller (if not you should grab one though).
Not CC'ing takes care of the "holding back for locks" issue, thought CC'ing does make it nice and easy to finish, since you just let go of the stick.
The small timesaver with the crouch at the end is just R+C-down on your right controller, so just let go of the stick once you're falling into the hole and regrip the crouch, it just allows you to hit the end trigger a tenth or so faster.

Later after work I can grab a quick 103 or something with the 2nd controller input displayed

Thanks buddy!

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #1446 on: November 11, 2018, 11:32:56 am »
The first hostage is much slower to escape, that's why he's saved first.

Ray Ruane

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #1447 on: November 11, 2018, 04:16:44 pm »
Thanks Icy.