Author Topic: Ask any PD related questions you'd like here.  (Read 39273 times)

chuck

• GE
Ask any PD related questions you like here.
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2010, 12:13:00 am »
you should've said it was SA before........ hehe

i never managed to avoid him on SA even when i played with cheats (slo-mo). its not simply as just ducking ( i tried that too:() i cant really help now ahaha, sorry
" it's not like we need David when we have Rayan... " - Wouter Jansen

"The only Hall Goose and Clemens should be inducted into is the Hall of Lame." - Karl Jobst

AT-Allianz

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2010, 04:38:00 pm »
I got it (I think). It is different from what people were doing in the videos, but seems to work for me.
You have to do this:
-when you enter the teleportal keep pressing Cleft and Cdown.
-right before you appear at the other side keep holding Cleft and Cdown and put the control stick to the left, facing the wall
-elvis will be at the left side and you will go from left to right backwards, escaping from him.

You won't see because of the teleportal lights, but here is the "path" that you will be doing:

When you appear at the other side already at the corner will look like you are doing this:

vitor

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2010, 06:06:00 pm »
For some reason I found those pictures funny as fuck. But yeah, makes sense. Isn't it the same, though, if you keep holding c-left + c-down and then, instead of hold the left analog, hold c-down a little and then c-down + c-right? Or something like that, like if you do the same you explained there but facing forward.

chuck

• GE
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2010, 07:25:00 pm »
yeah i dont see any reasons to turn to left :P

pega-pega

edit -

but good job!

"The only Hall Goose and Clemens should be inducted into is the Hall of Lame." - Karl Jobst

AT-Allianz

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2010, 08:05:00 pm »
Quote from: greg k vbm
For some reason I found those pictures funny as fuck. But yeah, makes sense. Isn't it the same, though, if you keep holding c-left + c-down and then,   instead of hold the left analog, hold c-down a little and then c-down + c-right? Or something like that, like if you do the same you explained there but   facing forward.
lol! yeah thinking that way it's the same thing but my way you don't have to think (for dummies) or know the exact time of pressing c-right.... I hope it helps someone as helped me

vitor

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 08:05:00 pm »
Yeah it indeed helped ;D

• 50 Cent
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2010, 10:37:00 pm »
lol! Awersome explanation! But it seems you lost some time to escape from Elvis like that.. But well, I never thought it was on SA so my explanations were useless (I never try it on SA so I don't know how harder it is to avoid Elvis). So thanks, it will help in the future.

chuck

• GE
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2010, 12:00:00 am »
when matt sent me his video he had to wait elvis to approach so i think you really need to "lose" some time, you will gain much more after that anyway

Matt-Cook1

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2010, 03:57:00 am »
lol forgot that I made a vid. that would be the most helpful right now! But yeah, seems like you guys have got the idea now.

vitor

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2010, 11:01:00 am »
You have to complete all the objectives first. Otherwise he won't be there.

chuck

• GE
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:00 pm »
because you are unlucky just like me =)

Darth Vader

• You don't know the power of the dark side
    • Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:00 am »
Who's the highest ranked "Only PAL player" right now?
Once a heroic Jedi Knight
Seduced by the dark side of the force
Sith Lord
Leading the Empire's eradication of the Jedi Order

Red Bull

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 07:22:00 am »
Rayan Isran technically, but on the ranks it might be Dark Avenger..

Al Gore

• SRT
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • Twitter
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2010, 03:47:00 pm »
Ok, for Infiltration Agent, when I skip the cinema like in the WR videos and my run is slow (bad strafing, bad B presses and stuff) The elevator is closed at the end so I have to wait for that stupid elevator.

Is there a way to prevent that? (By watching the cinema a bit and skip it at some point)
As much cheating as Henning did in GE I don't think he had any time left over to cheat on his GF. - Illu

Marc&Ryan aren't streaming, but I bet they're practicing holes. - Wouter Jansen
Converter is official from Denmark. - DavidK519

Carathorn

• Cara
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2010, 03:54:00 pm »
you have to find the timing of the cinema yourself, a timing that fits your speed in the level. when you miss the elevator, then make sure you start the level sooner. if you're already skipping cinema instantly then you need to wait a long time so you skip one total cycle of the elevator. hope you understand

Henning Blom

• Henning
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2010, 04:08:00 pm »
waay back then I used to skip the cinema when the camera zooms into the tower with the two guards, or somewhere around that part atleast.

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2010, 04:13:00 pm »
I skipped exactly like Rayans PAL 114, but i was always too slow and the problem is i don't see where the hell i was losing speed
Sith Lord

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2010, 11:59:00 am »
Chicago
Agent
I throw mine
Detonate
Exit point gets sealed
why?
It pissed me off
Sith Lord

Al Gore

• SRT
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • Twitter
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2010, 12:02:00 pm »
Ah, this one needs luck. The guard that is standing by the button needs to die first before any other guard dies.
If any guards die first, the guard by the button activates the button IMMEDIATELY! that's why it's so... -.-'
As much cheating as Henning did in GE I don't think he had any time left over to cheat on his GF. - Illu

Marc&Ryan aren't streaming, but I bet they're practicing holes. - Wouter Jansen
Converter is official from Denmark. - DavidK519

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2010, 04:58:00 pm »
Hi, I'm new here.

I agree with Nick. This stage requieres a lot of practice and time.
Let A be a pizza of radius z and height a. Its volume is V_A = pi·(z^2)·a = pizza.

Red Bull

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2010, 12:18:00 am »
Welcome!

Glad you finally found your way to here.

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2010, 07:25:00 am »
Is there any Perfect Dark active player arround the 40th position now? Of curse I don'd count myself
Let A be a pizza of radius z and height a. Its volume is V_A = pi·(z^2)·a = pizza.

Henning Blom

• Henning
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2010, 11:53:00 am »
Welcome! But who are you and do you have any times?

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2010, 12:46:00 pm »
Hi, I'm Óscar Roldán Blay, I'm 15 years old and I think I'm the best Perfect Dark player in Spain. I'm the 45th in the world and I've got 3 world records (I'm going for the 4th) and 7 Dark LTK world records (I'll get more ), in Perfect Dark. I'm worse in GoldenEye.
For my times:

If there is any Spanish people here better than me I want to meet him or her, please.

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2010, 12:48:00 pm »
I'm not registred in the-elite.net because my proofs were recently erased and 'm trying to repeating them.

AT-Allianz

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2010, 04:18:00 pm »
Quote from: Deep Darkness
Hi, I'm Óscar Roldán Blay, I'm 15 years old and I think I'm the best Perfect Dark player in Spain. I'm the 45th in the world and I've got 3 world records (I'm going for the 4th) and 7 Dark LTK world records (I'll get more ), in Perfect Dark. 

7 DLTK Wrs heh, how do you know that? Which levels? Is there any proof? Sorry to look skeptical, but at this time, I think, I'm running the DLTK rankings. Welcome to the boards

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2010, 05:15:00 pm »
Oh... Someone probably improved some of my Dark LTK records. I said that they are World records because I'm about a year looking for better Dark LTK times at Internet. I only found Vulpex's times, Mahrla's times and Your Eliteness's ''Pelagic 2'', and I improved 7 of these times... Don't worry, you don't look skeptical because you are correct at this. My Dark LTK records are not as good as I made it sounds and they are so improvable; they aren't probably World records, but I didn't found any better time on these stages.
Ok, I'm going to write my Dark LTK 'suposed' World rocords (If someone improved anyone of them ,I'll be sorry to say that I have the World records, because I was probably wrong):
Extraction: 3:53;      Chicago: 0:59;       Air Base: 7:47;       Pelagic 2: 7:45;       Defense: 2:37;       MBR: 2:07;       War!: 3:19.
I'm sorry if my last comment (before this) sounded very wrong   This wasn't my intention. 

For the proofs: I'll try to upload them to my YouTube channel ( DeepDarknessSpain ) as soon as possible, but now I have a lot of exams, so I'll probably be late

Is there any PD Dark LTK World records website? If it exists, say it to me, please. I didn't find it. I don't want this website for register in it; I only want to see what other times did other people do.

I repeat, I'm sorry for my other reply, but thanks for saying me welcome.
Greetings.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2010, 06:52:00 pm »

Welcome to the-elite Óscar!

It would be extremely good of you if you could post all your future PR's in the pr topic from now on. This is not a must, but your times will get updated quicker this way.

I'm just about to add you to the PD and GE rankings (I'm the current updater btw). Like all WR's (except Duel 3 & 6), your Duel PA 0:09 will be proof called by the end of this month (I just talked to Tyler about adding you) and perhaps some of your other times needs to be proven as well; that's for Tyler (the PD proof caller) to decide. I saw on your youtubechannel, your "proof vid", but from now on, when you pr, you'll need to record all your (good) pr's (the actual runs) and prove them in a month or so, or they will get backrolled.

As for GE, all your times will be added without the requestion of proof, since they weren't near as good as your PD pr's. Like PD, post your new GE pr's in the GE pr topic and they'll get updated in a day or two!

Just remember, when you're going for strong pr's (say 80+ pointers) or wr's in the future, to record while you're playing. If you're not providing proof for your times, it'll result in backrolling of your claimed pr's/wr's.

Again, welcome and happy pr'ing!

AT-Allianz

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2010, 07:33:00 pm »
Oh... Someone probably improved some of my Dark LTK records. I said that they are World records because I'm about a year looking for better Dark LTK times at Internet. I only found Vulpex's times, Mahrla's times and Your Eliteness's ''Pelagic 2'', and I improved 7 of these times... Don't worry, you don't look skeptical because you are correct at this. My Dark LTK records are not as good as I made it sounds and they are so improvable; they aren't probably World records, but I didn't found any better time on these stages.
Ok, I'm going to write my Dark LTK 'suposed' World rocords (If someone improved anyone of them ,I'll be sorry to say that I have the World records, because I was probably wrong):
Extraction: 3:53;      Chicago: 0:59;       Air Base: 7:47;       Pelagic 2: 7:45;       Defense: 2:37;       MBR: 2:07;       War!: 3:19.
I'm sorry if my last comment (before this) sounded very wrong   This wasn't my intention. 

For the proofs: I'll try to upload them to my YouTube channel ( DeepDarknessSpain ) as soon as possible, but now I have a lot of exams, so I'll probably be late

Is there any PD Dark LTK World records website? If it exists, say it to me, please. I didn't find it. I don't want this website for register in it; I only want to see what other times did other people do.

I repeat, I'm sorry for my other reply, but thanks for saying me welcome.
Greetings.
So you did look around for some dltk times/videos, I'm sorry for doubting you and yes you do have some WRs...not 7 but it's very impressive anyway. Some DLTK records doesn't have a video because they are too old and the rankings didn't exist at the time, but I would appreciate if you make videos of yours runs. The page is here: http://atallianz.webs.com/dltk.html
I'm very busy lately as well, when I found myself some time I'll add you! Until then put your videos online so I can link to them.

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2010, 07:36:00 pm »
Hi, and thanks for the information. As I said before, some of my proofs were recently erased because Some weeks ago my computer had been ''attacked'' by an IT threat. I'm trying to repeat my proofs everyday, but I past about (6 months before April) without playing PD and now I'm worse than some time before    I hope I'll repeat the duel-PA-0:09 but it probably will take me a lot of time. I'm finishing one of my exams' months and after that I'll have more free time to do them. I'll try to post on the-Elite.net while I've my PD stages prooved. I hope it will happen on may or on june. For the Dark LTK proofs (I talked about them on my last reply), it will take me perhaps a little bit more of time, because I don't find my Chicago and Defense proofs. I'll try to repeat the stages and, of course, I'll try to improve myself.

Ok, so while I repeat my 80+ point ranked stages recording them, I'll try to post on the-Elite.net.  
Thanks and bye.

Carathorn

• Cara
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2010, 11:31:00 am »
if you get PR's you should post them in the PR topic! gogogogo

vitor

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2010, 05:11:00 pm »
Is that you on the pic?

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2010, 06:47:00 pm »
Does PR's mean Personal Recods?

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2010, 07:27:00 pm »
yes

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2010, 05:14:00 pm »
I've got a big trouble on Maian SOS Agent and Special Agent:
Why does not last lift work correctly? The last time I improved Maian SOS on Agent level was on November 2008!!!
I can't improve my Agent and Special Agent PR since March 2009 because:
In agent I don't arrive well to the first lift.
And in Special Agent, the two 'guards' who should open the room to complete Objective 1, don't open it, except when I'm playing on slow-motion   (??).

Is there any fast trick that I probably forgot to do on this level? Why is this level so...?

PS: My time doing the first objective (most of times) on Special Agent:
Slow-motion:  0:31
No-slow-motion: 0:51   !!!!

Matt-Cook1

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2010, 01:32:00 am »
The Maian SOS SA strat is pretty complex... Get some vids of the level done in about 1:58 - 2:03 and use that strat instead. After you nail that you can move up.

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2010, 07:17:00 am »
Ok, thanks. I'll try to do it.  
Are these videos only on YouTube?

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2010, 07:41:00 am »
There are also videos here: http://thengamer.com/PD/
Sith Lord

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2010, 08:53:00 am »
Ok, thanks.

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2010, 01:00:00 pm »
Is there any active PD player nowadays?

Djie

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2010, 01:11:00 pm »
Most of them are playing on the x360 atm

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2010, 02:16:00 pm »
Oh... I didn't think it... Ok, thanks.
PS: I have put a question about Perfect Dark XBLA, on this topic:  

Post new PDx PRs here! (and rank), because I didn't find any topic like: Post your PDXBLA related questions here.  If someone can answer myself, I'll be grateful to him/her.

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2010, 04:11:00 pm »
There was a lot of WRing and activity 2-3 months ago. Mainly Clemens/Ace/Boss/Taka on Investigation/Palegic II/CI. Chuya and CEDRIC was pretty active, but i think they've moved over to XBLA. I still PR in PD here and there sometimes.. 
Sith Lord

AT-Allianz

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2010, 07:02:00 pm »
Is there any active PD player nowadays?
Besides the top ranked players Inkosi mentioned..... speedruntrainer, Brio, Axel, Tyler, Assasin and myself were active lately

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2010, 08:54:00 am »
In which topic I should post my new proofs?

Darth Vader

• Marc
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2010, 11:09:00 am »
There's a topic called "Post new videos here"
Sith Lord

Henning Blom

• Henning
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2010, 09:16:00 am »
you can post them in the proofcall topic too

CHUYATAKIZAWA

« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2010, 12:12:00 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g6X23XEheA

Only two people are killed in the first room.

Why is Elvis fast and is the arrival fast?

Elvis arrives by 1:30 or more when I try.
Is there a condition that only has to be killed by two people?

bke16

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2010, 02:45:00 pm »
That first room strat is horrible, it's rare to get a good elvis with it. I think Elvis skips the remaining guards in that room or something when he's that fast.

Do the first room like my 229, I used to get a 54 Elvis all the time, sometimes even 52-53 if I was fast. My 229 had a high 52 Elvis.
Live stream daily for 8 hours at: www.twitch.tv/swissrollz

AceCorp CEO | GE/PD speedrunner | Pop Music aficionado | Turncoat Trio Member | Certified Dam SA Instructor

• 50 Cent
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2010, 04:09:00 pm »
Is it possible to get 228 with your strat, Rayan?