Author Topic: Questions  (Read 910 times)

Darth Vader

• You don't know the power of the dark side
    • Marc
    • GE
    • PD
Questions
« on: September 14, 2011, 04:50:44 pm »
Just have some questions about a few things. How come TS1 is much more active than TS2? I have TS1, never played it, but TS2 looks better to me it seems. For TS2 are there only rankings for challenge times, or is there stage rankings as well? And finaly, NTSC/PAL differences for TS1 and TS2?  :P I think i want to test my skill for some wr's.
Once a heroic Jedi Knight
Seduced by the dark side of the force
Sith Lord
Leading the Empire's eradication of the Jedi Order

Darth Vader

• You don't know the power of the dark side
    • Marc
    • GE
    • PD
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »
Lol never mind me saying TS2 looks better than TS1. Strafing abilities in TS2 looks shit and i believe you can't even see the time on TS2? That's horrible lol
Once a heroic Jedi Knight
Seduced by the dark side of the force
Sith Lord
Leading the Empire's eradication of the Jedi Order

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 05:31:52 pm »
TS2 has been much more played. but now it is kinda frustrating, scores are so crazy that it's hard to get any score that just wouldn't go unnoticed. and I think it's more fun to play on TS1. TSFP somewhat get the palm of the lamest speedruns, since the quality of your score now mostly depends on whether you know some specific abuses or not...

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 05:59:06 pm »
I'm going to split up your questions:

How come TS1 is much more active than TS2?

I guess it's because most people who are still into TS find it it most fun to play nowadays for a few different reasons. Many of the TS2/TSFP WR's are probably closer to max since there have been much more activity on them in the past. However, the TS1 WR's are damn good now too I'd say (can almost only speak for story mode myself).

I'd also argue that a lot more levels in TS2/TSFP require more luck, which can be a pain.

TS2 looks better to me it seems. For TS2 are there only rankings for challenge times, or is there stage rankings as well?

TS2 is probably my favourite TS overall, but not when it comes to speedrunning. You need to time TS2 story by hand, thus there's no real ranking page (see the TS2 board "story mode" topic for best times). Challenges are easily the best part in TS2, together with the assault levels (my opinion).

And finaly, NTSC/PAL differences for TS1 and TS2?  Tongue I think i want to test my skill for some wr's.

For TS2 differences (both system and PAL/NTSC), go Here.

For TS1, I'm the best person to ask since I have both versions so I'll try to be as informative as I can here. I've been thinking of making a list of things but I haven't gotten around to it. Here's what I think differ and I may miss a few things:

- The doors on Chinese might open a little bit faster on NTSC (yes, I'm still not entirely sure).
- It's much harder to drop through the tank thing at the end of Cyberden on PAL (can still get the WR, though).
- It's a bit harder to make the first drop on Planet X normal on NTSC (doesn't matter).

- A few enemies react different, for example one of the aliens on Planet X easy when you go up the first "ramp"; he/she will sometimes run into you on NTSC, but will never (?) move on PAL. Also, one guard on Chemical Plant normal, at the top of the stairs on the outside exit, tend to run into you as well on NTSC.

- I've noticed the last few times I've been playing that there's less auto aim on NTSC. Not much, but it's there (or am I crazy?).

- When playing Spaceways NTSC, I think it's a bit harder to survive. I'm actually not sure if this applies to the other levels, it seems weird that it wouldn't (alien weapons do more damage only?), but it might be the case.

- You throw bricks further on NTSC (only important on challenge 4-C).

There might be more, but as you can see, the differences are really negligible (if that's the correct word), even if it may not seem like it when reading what I just wrote.

Strafing abilities in TS2 looks shit

You don't need to strafe in TS2.

CriticalDensity

• <3 Alison Brie
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 11:09:31 am »
On the challenge Dusk of the Dead when you get to like wave 120 do more zombies come every round? or do they stay at the same amount once you've reached a certain wave

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »
I think it was the same. didn't count lol

CriticalDensity

• <3 Alison Brie
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 01:52:49 pm »
And also is there some sort of spot I should stand in so that the zombies don't all come up the stairs in a pack of about 10 ^^ lol and kill me, this usually wrecks my runs

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 02:41:54 pm »
don't know. happened to me too, but I managed to kill them all.

CriticalDensity

• <3 Alison Brie
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 02:10:45 pm »
Does anyone want to try my custom challenge, I made it because I was bored. Here are the instructions. Post you scores on a thread which might be made in the future depending on whether anyone actually likes this. If people like it then I will make another or you can make one yourself. Thanks. On this my PR is 96.

Map - Chemical Plant
Game Mode - Team Deathmatch
Time Limit - 5 minutes
Score Method - Kills
Score Limit - None
Radar - On

Usual Suspects Bot Set

3 red team members
3 blue team members
2 green team members
2 yellow team members + you (you must on team yellow)
Green team have 2 team members so they both have 3 stars, the rest of the bots have 2 stars.

Weapons used
--------------

Pistol x2
M16
Mauser Pistol x2
Minigun
Tommy Gun

Do NOT use anything but Preset A or C, you CANNOT use Preset B or Custom Class.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 02:42:56 pm by CriticalDensity »