Author Topic: Post New DLTK WRs & PRs here  (Read 50136 times)

chuck

• GE
Re: Post New DLTK WRs & PRs here
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2013, 09:47:50 am »
congratz man! maybe now i have more time and motivation to play DLTK too :)
" it's not like we need David when we have Rayan... " - Wouter Jansen

"The only Hall Goose and Clemens should be inducted into is the Hall of Lame." - Karl Jobst

Adam_B

• twitch
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 04:38:31 pm »
Well, imo PD Dark LTKs are easier than GE ones (not much easier, but easier. They are not the same anyway), but I think Attack Ship is even harder than Silo... Well, the biggest problem with Silo is basically that all explodes in a certain time... The problem with Attack Ship is everything... First, those stupid Skedars need near 8 head shots using Mauler in secondary function to be killed (lol)... Plus, no explosives there (in Silo, you can get greanades and you can break things... well, here there's a Slayer, but to get it you have to kill 8 Skedars before, and it doesn't have not muh ammo...), and anyway explosives are not very useful vs Skedars... Plus, Elvis is killed very easily, so you can't use him to kill many Skedars... What about the big room after the 2nd objective or the room where you do the 3rd objective?... It's a really hard level...

It might be completed. There is someone on YouTube called SilentSputnik that I messaged a few times who said that he had a strat for most of the level but he was just having trouble with Elvis dying. You might have seen his Attack Ship DLTK video on there.

I will let you try it first. I was going back to GE again soon and I don't know if I would ever want to try it after spending all that time on Silo DLTK anyway.

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 10:25:49 pm »

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 03:38:09 am »
Adam: Yes, I know SilentSputnik, and I have seen his tries of the level, but it's still really hard... I hope someone ever completes it though... :/.

Boss: Nice new Untied!! It seemed cake :S...
Let A be a pizza of radius z and height a. Its volume is V_A = pi·(z^2)·a = pizza.

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 05:23:12 pm »
It probably took around a couple hours. Obviously it can go a lot lower though.

chuck

• GE
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 08:54:51 pm »
thanks bryan :(

but congratz ahahah you seemed so slow yet you beat my time by like 20 secs. whats the reason to punch the black guard near the A/SA elevator? i think it has something to do with black guards in final part, i dont know, they are always in bad positions for me
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:04:03 pm by chuck »

"The only Hall Goose and Clemens should be inducted into is the Hall of Lame." - Karl Jobst

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2013, 03:11:06 am »
If you don't punch that guard in A/SA elevator, he appears behind of you and shots with a Magnum (i.e.: he kills you).
Let A be a pizza of radius z and height a. Its volume is V_A = pi·(z^2)·a = pizza.

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2013, 09:59:21 pm »
Infiltration Dark License To Kill 6:57  :nesquik:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYpA53toPCg

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2013, 10:13:47 pm »
Cool run! Even beats your LTK PR  :nesquik:

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2013, 03:29:22 am »
Wow, nice Boss!!! I loved the strat in the big lift :p.

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 05:09:04 am »
The LTK topic is dead so we may as well post LTK times here. :kappa:

G5 LTK 0:55

Literally my first try since I last played this. 0:54 pace but slightly bad ending. 0:50 might even be doable here.

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 05:52:38 pm »
Yeah I'll work on LTK since it's one of the few levels I actually enjoy playing on this mode now (and Jap is the shit).

chuck

• GE
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 07:07:10 pm »
stop beating my wrs! thanks :)

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 09:03:58 pm »
Infil LTK 4:19 (probably going for lower but might settle with it)

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2013, 10:50:00 pm »
Infiltration License To Kill 2:58  :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAcxv1_PSt0

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2013, 04:41:53 am »
nesquik

ZAZKEN

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013, 07:44:14 pm »
Pelagic II 10:52

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2013, 02:23:24 pm »
Pelagic 2 - Dark LTK - 5:42.
From 6:02. Lol, just 5 more seconds than Greg K :(... Kinda slow run, but at least, a new PR... I found out a riskier strat to do sub 5, but it's very inconsistent. I'll keep trying.
I'll try to post the video tomorrow.

Ok, I have been a lot of time without playing Dark LTKs, so perhaps today I'll try some Escape  :nesquik:.

ZAZKEN

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2013, 09:57:57 am »
Duel DLTK 0:12
2 0:09 fails :/

ZAZKEN

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »
Duel DLTK 0:11.05 :/

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2013, 01:22:06 pm »
Ok, here I decided to play a bit of Dark LTK:

Infiltration - Dark LTK - 10:17.
First completion. My strat is really consistent :p. Well, in this run I had very good luck at many places, but oh well, I can improve the time more than 1 minute with not a lot of effort =p. I'll go for lower soon.

Ok, with this, I already have 17/21 completions in PD Dark LTKs :). About the other 3 possible ones, Villa, Escape and Skedar Ruins, I have arrived till almost the end and died there (I have video proofs, in anyone is interested), so I don't think they will cost me much time to finally complete them! =p.

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2013, 05:09:46 am »
VILLA - DARK LTK - 8:52.
First completion. This was supposed to be the hardest non-Attack Ship PD Dark LTK by many people, so I'm very glad for finally completing it :p. About the run, considering it only took 20 minutes and I lost a lot of time, I'll go for the untied next time I play :). I certainly think this is a very hard stage, but my strat is very consistent if you have luck/skill enough :nesquik:. Ok, today I'm going to travel to Bulgaria till 12th August, so if I have nternet connection there, I'll post the video, but else, I'll post it from 12th August.

With this, I have completed 18/21 PD Dark LTKs :). Next one: Escape. I have had many nice attempts here, but there's always a troll guy that kills me... In my furthest runs I have arrived to the scene with Jonathan and Elvis and died then. Anyway, I still think Escape is harder than Villa... Guards don't die with 1 greanade, and plus, they never wail when you shot them... Well, let's see if I get it as I'm back in Spain :).

Carathorn

• Cara
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2013, 01:35:02 pm »
NICE JOB

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2013, 10:27:40 am »
Uh, this one has costed me a lot...:

ESCAPE - DARK LTK - 6:40.
First completion. Untied world record when set on both N64 and Xbox :nesquik:. I lost a lot of time, but I didn't want to risk the run. This is probably the hardest non-Attack Ship Dark LTK in PD, at least imo.

With this, I have 19/21 completions :nesquik: :nesquik: :v. Only Skedar Ruins left and I'll finally have all the 20/21 possible DLTKs!! :). Hope it doesn't take me very long :/... Well, video soon.

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2013, 04:04:16 am »
On Sunday 18th August it finally happened...

SKEDAR RUINS - DARK LTK - 9:58 (Untied World Record when set :nesquik: :v).
First completion. Easy level with a nice strat, but horribly hard without it. I lost a lot of time, but I was just going for a completion.

Ok, so I have finally completed 20 Dark LTKs in Perfect Dark :), being the first man in doing them on N64, claiming them and providing proofs of them :p. I want to say thanks to Mahrla, the first man who inspired myself to do them, and SilentSputnik, the first man who got 20 completions (on Xbox), a great player imo. I'm happy with it, but not done yet e.e. Next goals:
- 20 GE LTKs adn maybe >0 DLTKs.
- Improving my PD LTKs and Dark LTKs.
- Proving my Duel - PA - 0:09.
- ATTACK SHIP!!!

So next days I'll try to achieve my goals and maybe I speedrun a bit, since I still have a bunch of crappy times to improve :).

Also, after that I got:
Extraction - Dark LTK - 3:07 (Untied World Record when set on both N64 and Xbox :nesquik: :v).
From 3:17. I used the LTK strat here. Easy level. I can probably get lower, but not sure if sub 3 on Dark LTK...

I'll post the proofs as I upload them.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2013, 04:57:38 am »
There goes Mahrla's last untied! Nice job DD :) Beating every non-AS level on DLTK is a feat.

edit: yeah, you should go for LTK #1 now  ;)

Adam_B

• twitch
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2013, 06:21:48 am »
Excellent job Óscar :)

yeah, you should go for LTK #1 now  ;)

You should play GE LTK and DLTK first ;)

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2013, 07:22:04 am »
Thank you, guys! :).
Well, first of all, I'll go for GE LTKs :). They are in fact very hard to me, since I'm not used to GE yet... GE is very hard to me even on 00A... But oh well, I have already completed 9 LTKs, so I think I can complete them all :P (eventhough some levels like Surface 1 are impossible e.e :nesquik: :kappa:). Anyway, I'm starting to get used to GE due to some LTK completions :), so let's go! :v

ZAZKEN

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2013, 08:48:42 am »
Maian SOS 17:29 it isn't hard at all :D

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2013, 10:54:09 am »
Congrats :). Well, if you have a strat for the big store room, it's in fact not very hard :p, but believe me, this is not one of the easiest ones ;).

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2013, 04:03:00 pm »
Crash Site 4:53 - very easy level

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2013, 03:20:52 pm »
Air Base DLTK 4:45 - hardest level so far

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2013, 05:56:23 pm »
Hahaha, don't think so XD. Yeah, the end end is quite hard, but there are harder DLTKs in PD, believe me XD.

Congrats in the completion, btw :p.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2013, 06:39:46 pm »
"hardest level so far"

harder than Chicago, AFO, Crash Site, P2, MBR and Duel.

yeah, the ending is pretty troll.

ZAZKEN

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2013, 06:59:34 pm »
AFO 5:48 :kappa: Got a pretty troll president that took something like 1 min in the final because he was hit. 4 DLTK's made so far

Duel, AFO, P2 and Maian SOS. Oscar told me that Maian SOS is on of the hardest levels but tbh it was pretty cake with some hours training

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2013, 08:13:34 pm »
Okay, this is my opinion of the levels. Maybe if I tried now the lvels, I wouldn't think the same, but using my strats, from easiest to hardest we have (consider that it's very hard to order the levels this way, so this is not accurate):
1) The duel.
2) Extraction.
3) Pelagic 2
4) MBR
5) War!.
6) Crash Site.
7) G5 Building.
8 ) Investigation.
9) Chicago.
10) Deep Sea.
11) Air Force One.
12) Skedar Ruins.
13) Defection*.
14) Maian SOS**.
15) Rescue***.
16) Air Base.
17) Infiltration.
18) Carrington's Institute****.
19) Escape.
20) Villa.
21) Attack Ship*****.

Now some comments:
*: Defection has 2 possible strats:
- If you don't get out of the building, then the level can get very very hard at the end. Doable though.
- If you get out of the building, then the level is much easier (very annoying, but easy), but it's not that easy to get out of the building and to get a good location of the guards.
**: Maian SOS: it isn't hard going slowly, but that big store is kinda annoying... There are a lot of guards in that area, and you can't know their positions...
***: Rescue: Not very hard if you get the Phoenix, but the beginning is hard without a strat. Also, the level is hard without the Phoenix.
****: Carrington's Institute is one of the most annoying levels ever. It's not hard to get a completion, but you have to be fast! Also, you need a lot of luck in the firing range room and in the bomb room. You also have to use well the RCP-120 and the Devastator.
*****: Attack Ship: I think this level is impossible. I have been talking a lot of time with Spencer Lyon (aka "SilentSputnik") and discussing about strats, but any of us think it is possible. But since I am a speedrunner, I want that level completed, so if any eliter ever cares, I suggest to open a topic to discuss about the level (a similar discussion was done with Silo). I have strats for some parts of the level. The problems are the difficulty, the ammo and Elvis.

Well, if anyone wants help on any PD DLTK, just ask :). I can try to provide tips and I can even try to complete some levels again (specially the easiest ones), but that won't happen before I finish my exams.

Btw, congrats, Artur.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2013, 11:58:07 am »
Extraction DLTK 5:31 - :kappa: forgot to reactive elevator, had to go back  :kappa:
WAR! DLTK 3:36 -

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2014, 10:36:20 pm »
Def DLTK 138

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2014, 02:26:50 am »
Lol. Amazing :S... Same with LTK 1:35 :S

chuck

• GE
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2014, 08:52:50 am »
:o gettin wrs that werent mine, cool! :)

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2014, 10:08:36 pm »
I used mostly the same strat as on LTK. Even with slower guard kills, I had some spare time since the programmer is only so fast.

Invest DLTK 852
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:00:14 am by Boss »

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2014, 05:44:51 am »
Hm... Well maybe you won't try to get all 20 DLTKs completions, but in case you keep improving your LTKs I guess I'm ranked down...
Anyway, I never give up, so I might try to improve my LTKs aswell :).

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2014, 11:18:10 pm »
Ext DLTK 251

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • my Perfect Dark times page
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2014, 10:53:36 am »
Air Base Dark LTK 2:50

Only 4 sec slower than my LTK, was going for sub 3 but was getting trolled for awhile but when I nailed it I managed to get a really nice run together.

http://www.twitch.tv/illudude/c/3659846
vid^

chuck

• GE
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2014, 11:02:03 am »
Nice time! I cant watch it now :( what strat did you use?

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2014, 11:22:36 am »
Wait a bit cinema (to time the first elevator) sedate first 3 guards with crossbow, use drugspy for the next two close to stewardes, take elevator up to grab the briefcase while punching the personnel there.

After this I pretty much went with the PA safe strat, punch guard from behind and use the dragon to set a trap there, throw away briefcase and prepare next trap for the other spawn guards.

For the ending I just went headshots on the kf7 guards, died many times before I got a fast enough ending to make the elevator though, throw dragon after blowing up the mine on the safe ofcourse to blow up all 3 guards there.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2014, 11:29:48 am »
Nice. Good job :)

2:50 is even worth 3 points on PA

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2014, 02:43:48 pm »
Impressive WR, Illu! Wow, sub 3 on DLTK, so also cheat unlocked, haha :D.

chuck

• GE
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2014, 07:05:54 pm »
Nice video! I didnt remember my strat was so different lol

Isnt a strat like normal WR possible? I dont know how much time is saved by getting the suitcase before the disguise

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2014, 11:29:28 am »
I remember the stewardess seeing me on PA runs when going up the elevator before getting disguise and was thinking on DLKT it might be alot worse so didn't bother.