Author Topic: Post New DLTK WRs & PRs here  (Read 50193 times)

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
Re: Post New DLTK WRs & PRs here
« Reply #550 on: June 28, 2017, 06:33:49 pm »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #551 on: June 30, 2017, 09:47:36 pm »
I did some new research on Attack Ship DLTK and figured out a few things with the Skedar.

So before, I used to use what I called the "glitchy knife kill" which was when I'd slash a Skedar who normally would barely take damage and instead instantly kill it. I figured out how it works, and it's pretty simple actually. What we do with some Skedar right now is after they swipe, we ditch them because a Skedar becomes unalerted after doing that, like the two by objectives 1 and 2 as seen in modern runs. The glitchy knife kill is essentially an extension of this where after making them become unalerted, you just run up and slash their tails, just like we do on the very first Skedar in the level. The thing is though, if the Skedar has a chance to fire, he'll become "re-alerted" and the instant kill won't work anymore until you do another setup. The other thing is that if they swipe at you, but you're still nearby them and not hidden, they won't ever go back to their unalerted state. You have to force a swipe, hide, then get a fast kill. This works on every Skedar but depending on position, can be difficult to get even with a Combat Boost.

The thing is though, that with Boss's run, he already does a similar type of fast kill where he dances around them and goes for Mauler shots to the tail, also instant killing them. So the hypothetical idea of simply running around and cutting all the Skedar doesn't work, and the Mauler idea is essentially just as fast anyway.

I don't believe a sub 10 is possible without some new, genius or otherwise super glitchy strat, but I think taking Boss's run, adding some of the unused yolo strats, and removing his slop, around a high 10:XX/low 11:XX is doable. I won't be going for it though. :nesquik:

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #552 on: July 05, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »
Sub 2 total time! Very happy to finally get this! :v

As a little extra, I'm going to play some Escape DLTK to kill off my last remaining 2014 PD LTK PR.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #553 on: July 08, 2017, 07:37:27 am »
Nice run and strat, Flicker! 66 points as a PA time, huh? :v

dsx

• dsx
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
    • the dsx corner
« Reply #554 on: July 08, 2017, 08:07:28 am »
id watch the shit out of an ab pag stream
Updater of This Day In Elite History

vitorr

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #555 on: July 08, 2017, 09:45:58 am »
He's getting closer to my PA PR shit

Nice job kyle, really good run.

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #556 on: October 14, 2017, 03:27:45 pm »
Attack Ship - 11:55
-was expecting to get a mid 12:XX, sub 12 was a great surprise!
-this took ONE DAY after committing to the grind, total play time of about 6 hours.
-completed a 16:42, then a 13:25 with these strats before getting this
-mauler tail shot instead of knife kill on the 2nd hangar skedar, saving the time it takes for him to slowly walk into knifing position
-went for tail shots in the hangar battle for quicker kills and less ammo consumption
-big lift closed at 2:46, six seconds behind boss' 13:01
**INTERESTING** Elvis SKIPPED the big lift, and warped up instead.. Has anyone ever seen this before? It actually happened on the previous run as well. My theory is that Elvis was busy fighting skedar in the hangar and didnt have time to "get ready" to go into the lift and the game just warped him up as a "backup"
-second skedar in blue hallways was far down the hall, he was at the top of the ramp every other run except one. not too certain about how much time this loses, but probably a good 10-20 seconds at least.
-fought an extra skedar with elvis (map room), mostly because i always alerted him when creeping in slowly, so this just seemed better.
-Elvis died on none of my attempts!
-Solid rest of the way until the bridge. Nice lift timings.
-Used Dual Maulers instead of knifing the 2nd spawning skedar in the ending. This didn't go too well, almost ran out of ammo! In the end this strat wont be used, as ideally you can skip collecting extra ammo and have just enough to kill the bridge trio, quickly knifing the spawning skedars in the ending.
-Probably going for lower, gotta keep this one!!

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #557 on: October 16, 2017, 10:14:36 pm »
holy shit congrats on the 10:25 flicker; sub 10 in reach?

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #558 on: October 18, 2017, 08:16:31 pm »
Attack Ship - 9:45 (raw)
-Aggressive Start
-Really good early midsection, perfect star map room
-Chaotic mess between engine room and bridge lifts
-Bridge strat executed well, had handfuls of deaths here..
-Solid ending
-The sub 10, and sub 1:41 overall combined
-Can go down to a low 9, perhaps sub 9 on the godliest run, but I'm very happy with this for now
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:24:40 pm by discordian flick »

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #559 on: November 07, 2017, 01:06:07 pm »
Magnificent time Flicker!

Sub 1:00:00 DLTK total time is pretty crazy. Only 107 players have faster PA total :o

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #560 on: March 03, 2018, 11:29:52 am »
Attack Ship - 9:09
-sub 1:40 PD LTK
-my 100th career LTK untied
-started using game time splits for tracking segments to easily get an idea of how low this time can get

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #561 on: March 07, 2018, 05:56:33 pm »
Attack Ship - 8:45
-strat improvement for engine room loner skedar
-fast strat used for final bridge trio skedar
-extremely aggressive all around
-insane time that i'm very happy with, but still open for improvement!

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #562 on: April 25, 2018, 07:52:23 pm »
ATTENTION!!!

David Cliff aka 00action is now at 81/82 LTK completions with only Attack Ship DLTK remaining!

I highly recommend tuning into his stream at twitch.tv/00action and following him through the final beast of a level!

I know that Icy and I don't intend to play Silo DLTK any time soon, and even if we did, I'd expect 00action to complete Attack Ship DLTK before either of us completed Silo DLTK. David will be the third to fully complete both games and the first to complete this journey live on stream!

00action

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #563 on: May 08, 2018, 03:36:33 pm »
Thanx for posting this Flicker, its a difficult level and i havn't managed it yet but ive found kind of a new strat that help you survive but its a little tricky to get right.

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
« Reply #564 on: May 08, 2018, 05:12:36 pm »
ATTENTION!!!

David Cliff aka 00action is now at 81/82 LTK completions with only Attack Ship DLTK remaining!

I highly recommend tuning into his stream at twitch.tv/00action and following him through the final beast of a level!

I know that Icy and I don't intend to play Silo DLTK any time soon, and even if we did, I'd expect 00action to complete Attack Ship DLTK before either of us completed Silo DLTK. David will be the third to fully complete both games and the first to complete this journey live on stream!

Requesting his time page frozen and bumping him to 8th and me back to 7th because he should have died around 25min mark of Deep Sea DLTK.

Just joking.  Congrats on progress so far and good luck with future runs.

**edit**
BIGTIME grats on 82/82!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:28:43 pm by dugg »

00action

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #565 on: May 08, 2018, 07:58:29 pm »
lol thanx dugg. I had a look at deep sea because i couldn't remember what had happened and yes now I've seen it again i was very lucky I've never seen any of those guards just run past before, i seem to remember a couple of people in chat commenting on too.

Well today was a great day i finally completed Attack Ship DLTK in 51:25 and i got 82/82 Rare LTK.

All Perfect Dark LTK/DLTK completed Live!
1st to complete Attack Ship DLTK PAL
5th to complete Attack Ship DLTK
5th to complete all PD LTK/DLTK
3rd to get Rare 82/82 LTK

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #566 on: May 09, 2018, 05:50:56 am »
Big congratulations! :v

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #567 on: June 18, 2018, 04:20:06 pm »
Air Base 2:15(raw)

untied this level twice during last year's summer league, so i thought i'd do it again while i was still hot from playing PA. really nice run, maybe lost only 1 second from sloppy k7 guard kills before the safe, it would seem like more, but the lift only just arrived when i reached it (you can hear the sound of the door becoming fully open)

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #568 on: June 27, 2018, 03:06:32 am »
MR. BLONDE'S REVENGE DLTK 1:09

First ever LTK untied, first ever untied in general.

Had a 1:11 about an hour before this.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:38:49 pm by mw »
PD Proof Moderator

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2018, 02:50:56 am »
MR. BLONDE'S REVENGE DLTK 1:08

Wasn't quite happy with 1:09, knew I could get lower. Very good run aside from the missed skedar bomb shot, probably losing 1:07.
PD Proof Moderator

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #570 on: July 20, 2018, 01:07:25 am »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #571 on: July 26, 2018, 04:56:53 pm »
Chicago - 0:34
-2s untied, skipped from 0:38!
-.9X decimal, as the run was a bit clunky
-Some 0:33 fails on clean runs with great guard luck
-2 hour session

I went for the kill on the back guard on these attempts which only lures out one guard instead of both, but the grieving guards on the stairwell tend to react faster, which then usually requires a yolo mine throw. I actually tried that in my LTK 0:32, but botched the guard kill and stuck with the older lure strat. 0:33 is up for grabs for anyone keen enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVgFy3fobhU

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #572 on: July 27, 2018, 01:13:33 pm »
Extraction - 2:07
-New strat! I use AI abuse on the targetting guards in the basement to run past them all and get a much faster lift cycle!
-12s untied, skipped from 2:21!
-1 hour of research and 1 hour of runs so far.
-Extremely bad run and very improvable. This was just the first completion.
-Shoutouts to Mandela! :nesquik:

Because the basement guards are all targetting, I can run past them by using certain lines, the same way as the AI is abused with the Cass guards on the upper floors. Much faster is possible depending on how many guards you want to skip. The two guards behind the barriers on the floor can be skipped from behind by taking a sharp line from the left wall and then parallel to them, and the same can be done with the stairs guards. Both are animation-based however.

The Cass room is also more polished now as I figured out how to abuse the light switch better. The guards cannot be blinded until Cass says "Get her!", which gets delayed if she's already on another line. Thus, you want to wait out the first line, but kill the guard before she starts her second line. The window is a bit tight on this, and I actually botched it on this run, but fortunately survived a weak Shotgun shot.

I'm not sure if this strategy can be used for LTK since Caroll may get killed. If not, DLTK could eventually become faster than LTK!

This untied will not last long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-KAdL1LRWE

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #573 on: July 27, 2018, 02:28:28 pm »
This untied will not last long.

ya, level's busted now :nesquik:

Extraction - 1:58

prob going lower

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #574 on: July 27, 2018, 03:56:18 pm »
Extraction - 1:56
-botched bottom lift entry lol
-distracting music glitch, turned off music mid run
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:03:34 am by flicker »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #575 on: July 29, 2018, 12:09:44 am »
War - 1:22
-4s untied, skipped from 1:29!
-Accidentally killed the 2nd king, and clutched out rushing the 3rd king!
-Very good mid-section, though a slightly below average start.

Have fun tying/beating this. :v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJ4FNMt0ek

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #576 on: July 29, 2018, 02:10:31 am »
War DLTK Guide

I played this a lot over the last two days and learned tons about the level that I wanted to share. Back when I last played this 3.5 years ago (wow wtf?), I was far less thorough with researching the level, and my movement was significantly worse. With my latest grind and shiny new untied, I'm very confident in teaching the level.

The level looks super degenerate and boring to play, but I've grown to really like it. War DLTK is definitely an acquired taste, but there are lots of non-WR strats that allow for frequent completions. I'll go over some details of different strats. It's a good mix of movement, improvisation, luck, and aim. It's a lot of fun!

First off are some important Skedar facts:
-Skedar only have one firing animation. When they see you, they will target and turn with you for a few frames, lock in their angle, and then they begin firing. Because of this, we can dodge their shots with sharp angled movement.
-If a Skedar swipes at you, they will begin hunting you until they fire at you. You want to avoid this as much as possible. If the 4th Skedar on the way to the 1st King swipes, you'll have to deal with him on the way back. If you want to continue the run, I suggest running to the far end before the 1st King, let him see you and fire, and then he'll go away. On the way to the 2nd King, the 2nd or 3rd Skedar swiping probably means your run is toast, but the 1st Skedar can be okay, as you can usually run far away enough while he stops and gets lost.
-If you are within melee range when a Skedar first sees you, they will stop in place for a brief moment before deciding what to do next. This is most commonly seen if you meet a Skedar at the doors.
-Skedar can open doors, but not close them. They can also fit through smaller gaps than you're able to.
-Most of the Skedars' tails are not a hitbox and only the initial stem is hittable. Make sure to be aiming correctly against the 1st and 2nd Kings.

I also highly recommend playing with music off for better hearing of important audio cues, such as Skedar noises, doors jamming, etc.

Path to the 1st King

Now, if you're just going for a completion, I suggest watching my old (but still useful) War DLTK tutorial and just follow along with that. Once you're competent with the level, you should be able to get a completion like 95% of the time if not more with those strats.

If you're going for at least an intermediate time (sub 2:00), you should run through the Skedar at the start on the way to the 1st King. It looks suicidal, but it's really not that impossible, and there is a fair bit of skill to it. When I was playing well, I'd get to the 1st King at least once every 5-7 minutes, and quite a few times I got there twice in a row (my best was 4 across 6 runs). At the start of the level (regardless of how much of the opening cutscene you watch), there will be four Skedar on the way to the 1st King, and they can spawn in one of a handful of patterns. The most distinguishable pattern is when there's one along the halls and three all behind the door. Most patterns will be more basic and have them scattered along the halls, with the 4th possibly behind the door. Essentially, they'll each be in one of several positions, but not all hypothetical setups are possible (such as all four behind the door).

As you become experienced with the level, you'll learn how to handle a Skedar in any particular spot along the halls, and what way to move to best dodge their shots. Because of the finiteness of possible patterns, you can also predict where the others will be, based on where the first and/or second one are. Of course though, there will be some cases where no matter what you do, you'll get killed, such as a super early first, a pair of Skedar down the hall to the door, a Skedar getting door-jammed, etc. Here's a good example of one of my runs where I successfully dodge several Skedar shots that would kill a less experienced player. As you get better, you'll run past the Skedars to the 1st King very often.

When you approach the door and it's not open, make sure to grind against the left-side doorway to avoid Skedar shots. As with all doors in Perfect Dark, if they slide from right to left, you can block them if you rub against them, so use the doorway instead.

1st King

The large spinning pillar blocks off the 1st King's sight of you, and is also hollow (your Callisto shots can pierce through it), making the 1st King very easy to kill. The entire square encasing the pillar is in fact a safe wall, so use it to get nice and close. The 1st King has three potential ways he can be facing, which leads to three different setups. The most common one is him facing forward, he'll lunge towards you, and then turn away, allowing for nice exposure on his tail. He can also be facing to the right side, in which case he'll turn and shoot, then be facing towards the hall. In this case, go around the squared area to the side and fire into his tail. The third is when he's facing away on your arrival and then will be facing forward at an angle, but be positioned more to the back. In this case, you need to go part way along the side, and shoot between his head and body to hit his tail.

You'll be capped in the next section, so always kill confirm the 1st King and don't try for a fast leave as it won't be saving you time. When objective 1 appears on screen and then fades out, the timer will re-appear like normal. Make note of the time when it fades back in (this will henceforth be referred to as the "fade-in"). My fastest fade-in was a high 0:34, with low 0:36 to low 0:37 being your average. Your time is mostly determined by how nice the first door is to you, and whether it was open, jammed, etc.

Path to the 2nd King

Re-open the first door and run up the ramp as quickly as you can. From here, you can dodge the Skedar in a few different manners, depending on how good of a time you want. For an intermediate time, get the doors as wide open as you can and wait for the Skedar to approach you. Because you'll be in melee range when they first see you, they'll often stop in place, giving you time to run away, so long as you don't get stuck and they're not clogging the doors. Leave as soon as you see them so they'll fire at you instead of meleeing to avoid them hunting you. There will be two Skedar that spawn after the 1st King dies, and there will also be a 3rd Skedar from a dead one respawning. You will ideally want to wait for the 1st at the ramp door, run past him, dodge the 2nd Skedar at the bridge, and then dodge the 3rd at the door. Occasionally, the 3rd Skedar (the respawn) won't appear until later, in which case, you just have one less to deal with.

Now, there are a couple important tricks and facts about this segment. First off, if you have the ramp door open, you'll load the 1st King's room, allowing for the 2nd and 3rd Skedar to get caught/try opening the door past the bridge. This of course saves a lot of time with an open bridge door, but gives you less coverage to work with. Alternatively, you can wait at the ramp door for the 1st Skedar to open it, in which case, the 2nd Skedar will usually warp the bridge door and be along the bridge, or even at the ramp door himself. It's up to you which is easier, but I suggest leaving the ramp door closed for intermediate times, and open for excellent times.

Using the fade-in, you can also tell where the 1st and 2nd Skedar will be. If you had the 1st King facing away, the 1st Skedar will be on the bridge at about the fade-in + 10s, with the 2nd Skedar a little further back. If you're going for an excellent time and going to run through instead of waiting for them, open the ramp door, and leave on fade-in + 9.5s or so. If the 1st King was far back, go with +8.5s, and if to the side, 10s. I believe this is because of where we face the 1st King and what we load to cause the timing differences. This is also all with my own experience, and perhaps with slightly different styles of play, your timings may be different. I suggest using these notes as a baseline reference and to adjust based on your own play (practice with Invincible).

Getting through this section like before looks suicidal, but with the waiting, it's very easy. However, if you are indeed going to run through, you have very little space to work with for dodging and positioning, as well as the Skedars making it easy to get stuck. This takes a lot of practice and some luck.

In the case where the 3rd Skedar (the respawn) is late and is in the 2nd King's room, open the front door and hide behind the front of the big block in the middle of the room before. Let the Skedar pass by and then run in. This loses around 3 seconds since you have to wait, but also depends on how wide open the doors are. Since the 3rd Skedar is also a respawn, he's much more likely to be in the 2nd King's room on fast runs, so if your fade-in is 35-36s, you'll more likely have only the 1st and 2nd Skedar along the bridge, but lose your time saved with waiting for the 3rd Skedar. Mind you though, I have had many fast runs where the 3rd Skedar was along the bridge, keeping the time saved from a good start, but it is luck-based on how well your Maian buddies are doing.

2nd King

The most important thing with the 2nd King is that once he dies, you will get spawned Skedar from the 3rd King's room, and all respawns will start appearing in there too. Unless you're going for a ballistic time, damage the 2nd King until he starts flinching, then finish him off after the 3rd King is dead.

Like the 1st King, the 2nd King has three potential ways he can be facing, but since he's behind the pillar in the middle, it's a little tricky to tell what he's doing. I like to use a visual cue to the right of the pillar to tell. If you see a spike on the back of his leg, go to the right of the pillar. Otherwise, go to the left. With the spike visible, he'll have his back turned and he's less likely to see you (best case). If you instead see his gun, that means he'll be facing forward-right, giving the least visibility of his tail. From the left-side, shoot between his head and body. The one positive of this though is you can let your Callisto fire away as it's harder to accidentally kill him early. If you see neither his leg spike nor his gun, he'll be facing back-right, and gives decent tail exposure from the left-side. Be sure not to be too far in past the pillar or he'll see you and start running around.

Once he's flinching, run to the door, open it, run away to dodge his attack, and then head to the 3rd King.

3rd King

The 3rd King is very easy to kill. Simply open the door to his room and shoot Phoenix shots at him. If there is an explosion, he'll blow himself up as soon as he fires a rocket. It takes two rockets to get him to kill himself, but it's often just barely not enough damage, so I suggest shooting an extra Phoenix head shot or two to ensure you're in the damage range. Once he's dead, head back to the 2nd King. If he's in a good position (~80%) of the time, you can fire Phoenix shots at the door and the explosion will kill him. If not, open the door and fire at him directly.

There are three alternative strats that save a few to several seconds each, which involves killing the 2nd King before the 3rd King:

1) Slayer Suicide - If the 2nd King can see you as you head towards the 3rd King, he may fire a Slayer shot at you. With a stroke of luck, he'll shoot it at a bad angle and blow himself up. This is very rare and not really controllable at all. Fortunately as this will most likely happen by accident as you approach the 3rd King intending to kill him first, you should open the door to the 3rd King's room before the 2nd King dies, which will prevent any spawns and respawns. If so, be absolutely sure not to look anywhere but forward and don't move around, or else they may appear at the door or along the back wall.

2) Phoenix Kill - This was my new strat I was intending to use, and it saves roughly 2.5-3s over killing the 2nd King at the end. Essentially, run up to the door at the back of the 2nd King's room, open it to load the next area, then fire a Phoenix shot into the door to kill the 2nd King and to prevent spawns from warping the door. This will make them open it, giving you time to position yourself at the back-right of the pillar (Skedar will always run to the left). If you're lucky, you'll get a low number of spawns, zero spawns on the back wall, and you can sneak into the 3rd King's room with no trouble. Here's a failed run where I used the strat, which only didn't work due to an extra Skedar appearing.

3) Callisto Kill - If you kill the 2nd King with your Callisto instead of stopping once he begins to flinch, you can perform a similar strat to the Phoenix Kill. However, you'll be further away from the door to load the room, allowing for Skedar to warp the 3rd King's door, and unleashing all kinds of chaos. I honestly haven't tested this much as I assumed it wasn't ever realistic, but I managed to clutch it off when I accidentally did it on my 1:22. I got lucky in that there were only two spawns, neither of them warped the door, and there were also none on the back wall, and even with all of that, I still barely made it in safely. Still, perhaps it's not as bad as it seems on paper. It's important to note that this is faster than the Phoenix kill as you can let the Callisto blast away instead of stopping, and you kill the 2nd King faster, allowing for the setup to be done earlier.

1:21 and Lower?

I clutched an insane ending on my 1:22, had a very good path to the 2nd King, and had both of the best 1st/2nd King positions, but my fade-in was only a 0:38, which is quite a bit slower than what's possible. So lower is certainly possible, but would be awful to go for, unless the ending is more consistent than I'm imagining it to be. I should also note that in my 12 hours of grinding, I only got to the 2nd King on WR pace three times. Getting to the 1st King is very easy, but rushing through to the 2nd King is extremely difficult to survive, and if the Callisto Kill ending is as well, then the WR is likely not getting touched for a long time.

Closing

As I said, I think this level is quite unique and honestly a lot of fun to play! It provides an interesting and challenging mixture of skills, and while luck-based, will almost always have some solution to any scenario, so long as you're able to assess and improvise any situation. If you're a fan of PD LTK, I suggest trying this level out some time!

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #577 on: July 29, 2018, 11:49:53 am »
wow lots of good WAR info for the noobs :v
i'll def try for it again at some point

Extraction - 1:54
-not my fastest run but overall very good

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #578 on: July 29, 2018, 08:35:03 pm »
Investigation - 4:45
-New route! I clear out the main hall and do half of the objectives, then release the cleaning bot and barely catch up with it later.
-30 second untied! :v
-Safe/bad ending, very improvable time.
-Sub 5, leaving just Attack Ship DLTK over 5!

Beefy untied here, but still room for more cuts! A few technical notes when playing this route: the guard between the two doors before the main hallway must be killed immediately without being alerted, or else all 8 guards in the hallway will be active. It's also important to shoot by the hallway guards to alert them, but don't hit them or they'll sometimes alert others too. On the turn before the hall to the first experiment room, you can alert the two guards by the K7 room door. This will lure one along with the hallway guards, and the other will hide behind the wall. On this particular run, they didn't see me.

The yellow bot will usually open the door around 1:30ish, so you have to be pretty quick to make it. If you're low on time, you can skip getting the Night Vision until later. Once the cleaning bot is released, you're on another tight cycle before it gets to the lasers. From there, the ending is all as fast as you want it to be. I missed one of the shock trooper guards and caused a mess of an ending, so a lot more time can be cut on a better run.

Let's see what Flicker does this time! :v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ6zbZVRcZM

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2018, 12:40:12 am »

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #580 on: July 30, 2018, 10:08:43 am »
Investigation - 4:36
-first run i had that made it back to the yellow bot
-20 min sesh
-will go for lower because its pretty fun

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #581 on: July 30, 2018, 11:46:17 am »
Investigation - 4:28
-pretty good but i can still improve, especially the ending, not sure if i'm going to though

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #582 on: July 31, 2018, 10:03:43 am »
Investigation - 4:21
-yet another improvable ending
-though kind of slow a sick double kill on the two left side guards of the big room in the ending was cool
-i was quick back to the yellow bot so i could watch more cinema to time that better and activate the lasers bot earlier

some stuff i got with recent times:
-PD DLTK time champ
-Number 1 in Rare LTK total tally

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #584 on: November 21, 2018, 08:48:35 pm »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #585 on: November 21, 2018, 09:53:50 pm »
Congrats Axel! Cool to see you with an AZ on the WR table again! :v

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #586 on: November 22, 2018, 12:12:59 pm »
Air Force One - 1:20
-1.5 hour session after not playing for at least a week
-got the feeling to play this after recent strategy improvements made it seem easier
-seems like a high 120, but i still think 119 will be a thing down the road