Author Topic: Post obscure happenings HERE!  (Read 21156 times)

punjabie

• GE
    • PD
Re: Post obscure happenings HERE!
« Reply #200 on: July 28, 2018, 03:58:00 pm »
I feel like I've heard of someone else doing this before but whatever. I unknowingly did it and it made me laugh so I thought Id share. 10 shells ready to go~kappa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6IdsR3Vxjo&feature=youtu.be

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2018, 06:50:17 pm »
Almost every single time i throw the bug in chicago on the limo on my ntsc cart the objective fails. On my jap cart it completes but on ntsc no matter where i throw the bug weather on the windshield, the grill, the soors, whereever the objective fails. Any idea why this is happening?

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2018, 06:59:00 pm »
Almost every single time i throw the bug in chicago on the limo on my ntsc cart the objective fails. On my jap cart it completes but on ntsc no matter where i throw the bug weather on the windshield, the grill, the soors, whereever the objective fails. Any idea why this is happening?

Sounds like you aren't watching it land on the limo. Theres this weird thing that happens where it doesn't unload like the frigate bug throw but you do need to watch it land on the limo.

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2018, 02:35:16 pm »

I wonder if this is the first time anyone's gotten an Objective 1 Complete mission fail on Defection A.
PD Proof Moderator

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2018, 01:10:29 pm »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2018, 01:53:38 pm »
That's actually a very important video to see as it gives very strong proof of cartridge tilting/general failing being the cause of the sliding glitch that's been so rarely seen. Also nice that there's no worry of it ever breaking the game as it's clearly not just an ordinary glitch or some sort.

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2018, 03:24:55 pm »
That's actually a very important video to see as it gives very strong proof of cartridge tilting/general failing being the cause of the sliding glitch that's been so rarely seen. Also nice that there's no worry of it ever breaking the game as it's clearly not just an ordinary glitch or some sort.
yeah this pretty much confirms its a cart glitch, earlier that day I had the game crash badly, cart contacts needed to be cleaned/blown on

punjabie

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #207 on: November 05, 2018, 04:02:09 pm »
So I have a few things here the maian one happened awhile back and unfortunately I cant remember what he said but I know I only heard him say it once and when I heard it it tripped me out. Maybe someone else can tell me what he is saying for some reason in the video I cant hear it as well as I could during game play.
So the maian sos speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzQbI97X4U&feature=youtu.be

Like how the actual fuck did the pres take a bullet here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7PC9rRMGoM&feature=youtu.be

And a weird little slow down glitch. Only time this ever happened to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1R05L2XAVc&feature=youtu.be

The maian guard speech one is the one Im really interested in tho. I think he said something like "blah blah blah... its hopeless" screaming it in bloody murder. Maybe someone else has encountered this speech before?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:07:48 pm by Punjabie »

Your Eliteness

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #208 on: November 05, 2018, 05:19:49 pm »
He's saying "She's too good! Run!"

Joris

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »
Probably a cartridge glitch

punjabie

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2018, 02:47:01 am »
Alright so my jap pd cart froze and when I came back to my file this is what I saw. I dare anyone to explain how this is even possible. Not to mention check out the insane play time on said file. Note: I had just made that file that day too. If this isnt some kind of insane sign from god I dont know what is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11j0ikm_WQ&feature=youtu.be

Also this happened. Had a guard floating on me during an rta run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8VF1a-x-LA&feature=youtu.be

Your Eliteness

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2018, 03:53:03 am »
That's most likely an electronics issue which caused it to receive garbage data when it tried to read the save data from EEPROM, which can happen due to age. Each save file has a checksum which allows it to detect when this is happening, however the checksum is not verified until you enter the file. When you did enter the file, the checksum was tested, it failed, and the red dialog it showed was a "file is corrupt" message.

I've seen the same thing happen with other games, and reseating the cartridge made it find the original file.

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2018, 04:07:12 am »
Yeah, I hear about that happening every now and then. Someone will mention their file was wiped out on Goldeneye, but after taking out the cart and putting it back, it'll show up again. Experienced it personally a few years ago. I don't think I've seen it happen like that in Perfect Dark, so that's interesting. I wonder if this bug is connected to the other one some players have encountered in which there appears to be no saved files on the game cart, but the game will still not allow creation of a new file, with an error for insufficient space. Perhaps a file can become corrupt, and then only be removed from the list of agent files, but not actually removed from memory?

Well, I hope your file comes back. This is one reason why I keep my file copied on my controller pak (but play using the on-cart file) and copy over it every so-often to keep it somewhat updated. Put your combat simulator player settings on the same controller pak too, it's great to have for meets!

As for that floating guard, I recommend you make sure your cart is inserted into the N64 snugly, securely, and completely. :nesquik:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:13:01 am by flicker »

punjabie

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #213 on: Yesterday at 01:24:55 am »
Ya I have that happen to my pd files all the time on my jap cart but its usually keeps the same file name. I try to open it and bam it tells me its corrupted and then deletes it. But to have it switch my file name to $$$$ and have the absurdly long play time was something very strange indeed.
and ya flicker  :nesquik: