Author Topic: Post obscure happenings HERE!  (Read 17981 times)

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: Post obscure happenings HERE!
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »
If my algebra is correct, the gap is at most 0.325396 units across (the triangles edges differ in slope by 0.16 degrees). And I've fallen through in even narrower parts. So it seems like Joanna's collision radius, which is 30 units, is not considered when detecting collisions in the vertical direction.

I think the developers made an error when they calculated the halfway point on the edge. The game uses the coordinate {2658, 263, 2754}, but the correct value is {2658, 263, 2754.5}. That's what you get for using integers I guess.

Really makes you wonder how many other triangles in the game have edges like this. Maybe I'll mod my Lua map tools to automatically search for them. There's definately some game breaking potential here...

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2017, 07:08:08 PM »
Very cool! Around when Ogran found the dishwasher warp, he was streaming looking for others. One of the types he found was a "floor warp" such as what that video shows, but almost all of them are only possible with 0 collision, meaning they're not possible under normal circumstances.

Now, if we could do a replicable floor warp like that Infiltration one in other areas such as on Air Base, the big Infiltration lift, Villa, Pelagic 2, Defense, SOS... :nesquik:

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2017, 05:38:38 AM »
Yeah, I tried this with some larger gaps on Infil (there's one near the minefield), and for whatever reason, your collision radius is used there. Very odd.

Punjabie

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2017, 10:05:56 PM »
Well not so sure about this one but figured it was worthy enough anyway. Cloak fails for some reason. Being the genius I am made sure to adjust accordingly :LOL: Guards dont know what the fuck to do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJ34ulkd6A

00action

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2018, 06:42:35 PM »
A strange glitch happened while i was trying to complete G5 DLTK today where the meeting room cut scene happens at the start of the level and objective 3 completes, it happened twice, here are the vids.
Vid 1
Vid 2

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2018, 07:13:11 PM »
It happens after restarting the level a certain number of times and is useless. It's pretty common. :v

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2018, 10:30:08 AM »
Disclaimer
Once again I'm gonna post something that probably doesn't matter.
I spent hours and hours (about 5 hours) reading every post on the Elite with "Elvis" in it.  (went 20 pages, but I wonder if it stopped there and there might be more).  Also spent more hours on Google and ShootersForever scanning every Elvis post looking to see if it's happened.  Was not able to find anybody do this before.

I'm always wrong too so I am posting this fully aware that it's old news or irrel.

I pulled Elvis back out from his location on Escape Agent where you place him triggering Jonathan's "good work, Jo, we need to meet up."  Jonathan started his dialogue and I kept control of Elvis.  I took Elvis back up the ramp towards the cryo-chamber.  And yes, I was able to meet up with Jonathan and finish the mission ..... backwards sort of.

No gameshark.  My gameshark was on the floor beside my N64.  Just some cheats were on but they shouldn't matter.
Invincibilty/Cloaking/Inf. Ammo/XRay/Farsight/RocketL

This post was originally longer and with more information on what happened after I took Elvis back up the ramp to continue the level but I'll just leave it at this for now because it's probably old news or like I said earlier, irrel.

Trying to recreate this to get a recording of it too.  Difficult though.  I'll keep at it if nobody has seen it before.

**EDIT**

A user named Lazlo52 provided this insight:

"When this happened, were you able to carry the hoverbed with B, but not push it on its own? I'm guessing the game skipped the unsetting of the carryable flag when it was told to yield to next action block. I've had the game skip a command once before. It may be a rare, random emulation issue.

EDIT: Or, maybe I misread what you said 'cause I'm a birdbrain. It's possible the game released the hoverbed from your grasp, but you managed to re-grab it just before it unset its bits. And it got stuck before the chamber because you needed to press B to open the doors. In that case, it may be a frame-perfect occurrence.

For ease of access, here's the action block in charge of that sequence of events, presumably from version 1.1. It yields just before unsetting the bits on the hoverbed and just after forcing the hoverbed from your hands.

Code:   
Action Block 1005:

000204 Resume If Return Value Loop Met 0002 (04)
   0003 Leave The Routine, But When Return Continue From Spot
   00EF0000DF06 If 16-Object in Room #, Return Value Loop (Room: 00DF) (Area 51 Elvis on hoverbed)
   000104 Go To Beginning, Then Return Value Loop 0001 (04)
000206 Resume If Return Value Loop Met 0002 (06)
   00A100008000 Set Objective Bits (00008000)
   00D300 Turn off Sound in Slot 00D3 (00)
   00AE0D08000000 Unset Tags 2 for 16-Object (Area 51 Door)
   00AD0D10000000 Set Tags 2 for 16-Object (Area 51 Door)
   00710D20 Unset Lock 16-Object Door (Area 51 Door)
   01ADF8 Player Lets Go of Hover Attached Object (Joanna [player 1])
   01190000000002 Unset Tags 3 for 16-Object (Area 51 Elvis on hoverbed) [Allow Carry]
   01190000000001 Unset Tags 3 for 16-Object (Area 51 Elvis on hoverbed) [Can Be Pushed]
   00B6 Reset/Enable Cycle Counter
   00CDF8481281530403 Display Text Preset and Play Sound (Joanna [player 1]) - Good work, Jo. We need to meet up...
000208 Resume If Return Value Loop Met 0002 (08)
   00BD00012C06 Check if Cycle Counter > Value, Return Value Loop if so (00012C06)
   000108 Go To Beginning, Then Return Value Loop 0001 (08)
   00B6 Reset/Enable Cycle Counter
   00CDF8481381540403 Display Text Preset and Play Sound (Joanna [player 1]) - Use the maintenance hatch I've opened...
000209 Resume If Return Value Loop Met 0002 (09)
   00BD00012C06 Check if Cycle Counter > Value, Return Value Loop if so (00012C06)
   000109 Go To Beginning, Then Return Value Loop 0001 (09)
   00A100000004 Set Objective Bits (00000004)
   0005FD0000 Jump To Function (Guard [whatever called it]) (JAL TO: 0000) Do Nothing (Ends Routine)
0004 Terminator"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:24:03 PM by dugg »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2018, 10:54:22 PM »
Defense - Perfect Agent - 1:45 (closed lift warp lol)

By far the stupidest PR I've ever had. The run up to the lift was normal, but the hostage went riding down the lift, so I just watched her and clicked away at the lift, hoping it would help out of mild amusement and frustration. Following that, I spammed weapon switches like a maniac and managed a closed lift warp. To those unfamiliar, this is probably similar to the Depot warp; I spent time trying to replicate this warp with cheats, practice, etc, and could not get it a second time.

After nailing the warp, I barely managed to actually complete the run and it was still fast enough to be a new PR for me. On top, this time got me leaderboard for the level while dunking Ace and Alka. :nesquik:

This should not have happened by any stretch of the imagination. :v

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2018, 11:56:56 PM »
To those unfamiliar, this is probably similar to the Depot warp; I spent time trying to replicate this warp with cheats, practice, etc, and could not get it a second time.

was actually pretty easy for me to replicate multiple times (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TANZx4RYPIE&feature=youtu.be)

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2018, 01:01:15 AM »
That's actually a really smart setup, nice. Wonder how feasible that makes it for real runs.

Deep-Darkness

• DD, AKA The Ace Slayer
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2018, 02:34:40 PM »
(...)
I pulled Elvis back out from his location on Escape Agent where you place him triggering Jonathan's "good work, Jo, we need to meet up."  Jonathan started his dialogue and I kept control of Elvis.  I took Elvis back up the ramp towards the cryo-chamber.  And yes, I was able to meet up with Jonathan and finish the mission ..... backwards sort of.
(...)

That happened to me once. I think I was doing Dark LTK practice and then in one of the runs I managed to pull Elvis back there. I ended dying on that run, so I couldn't check whether it was useful or not, and I've never managed to replicate it since then...
Perhaps I still have the video in one of my old hard drives, not sure.
Let A be a pizza of radius z and height a. Its volume is V_A = pi·(z^2)·a = pizza.

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2018, 02:40:40 PM »
That happened to me once. I think I was doing Dark LTK practice and then in one of the runs I managed to pull Elvis back there. I ended dying on that run, so I couldn't check whether it was useful or not, and I've never managed to replicate it since then...
Perhaps I still have the video in one of my old hard drives, not sure.

Very cool.   Please try to find the video!  I'm not overly enthused attempting to recreate it on recording because obviously Elvis will lock in place 99% of the time and I don't even remember how I did it besides spamming Elvis against the walls really fast down by the open door.

Elvis locked in place in the tiny room before the cryo-chamber.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #162 on: February 26, 2018, 09:29:40 PM »

For some reason, this guard when attacking will do a non-damaging, dizzying hit, followed by whiffs, and then finally an instant killing attack. He'll do this every time too, at least when I tried it, so something is clearly busted with him.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #163 on: February 26, 2018, 11:50:00 PM »

For some reason, this guard when attacking will do a non-damaging, dizzying hit, followed by whiffs, and then finally an instant killing attack. He'll do this every time too, at least when I tried it, so something is clearly busted with him.

LOL. That's amazing that you've found that.
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2018, 10:01:50 PM »

FOrK

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2018, 09:13:33 AM »
Couldn't pick up Cass's necklace on Defection.  Finally was able to after being struck by a guard.

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2018, 10:12:36 AM »
Couldn't pick up Cass's necklace on Defection.  Finally was able to after being struck by a guard.

You're looking down too far. Look straight forward to pick up the necklace.
PD Proof Moderator

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »
yeah i was about to say, it looks like you're looking down too much
you can't pick up anything in either game if you're looking down

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2018, 10:16:08 AM »
Yeah, for example, if you look down at the table on b1, you can't pick up the Goldeneye key. Just a strange quirk present in both games.
PD Proof Moderator

FOrK

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2018, 02:49:41 PM »
Ha thanks. Still a noob apparently

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #170 on: April 07, 2018, 10:11:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCiZjEgJnWw&feature=youtu.be
playing defense ltk and it started to uplink then cancelled, but I never even touched the uplink what happened

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2018, 10:28:27 PM »
update: you can press B on the ship with a weapon and it still registers it as a connection but it always breaks right after connection lol wtf

vitorr

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2018, 10:51:18 AM »
 :v

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2018, 12:22:49 PM »
lmao

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »
Never seen that one before, lol!

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2018, 09:45:12 PM »
:v

Never seen that one before, lol!

I've seen it in that exact spot/guard but only with walk thru doors gs hack turned on which messes with collisions making it possible but sometimes will freeze the game.

GhillieGuide

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2018, 07:31:28 PM »
Posting this here for future reference.
No use is likely but I haven't seen it anywhere else

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2018, 07:56:21 PM »
It seems that you just clipped out and fell into the void. RIP.  :-X

Unless there's a way to land on an invisible ledge under there somewhere and pop out......Even then I'm not sure it would make anything faster.
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2018, 04:22:22 AM »
It happened again.  This time no cheats.  Legit DLTK attempt.  Surprised too because before when it happened I was spamming B to let go/regrab Elvis.  This time all I did was run down there and turn.

Unless this is normal and everybody just isn't telling me because I'm a noob then I'm genuinely confused why this keeps happening to me and in such a short amount of time.  This marks 3x it has happened now in the past few months.  The first two times I had cheats on.  Not that invince/unlimammo/xray/farsight/cloaking should matter anyway.

This was 100% legit no cheats/gameshark.

If this is not a normal happening then my cart (same used for all 3 instances of this) has to be bugged.

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2018, 04:58:49 AM »
I wonder how that affects the rest of the level? Can you administer the medpack at some other location than the usual one? Or is he later teleported there?

Edit: I managed to replicate it really quickly on emulator. Releasing elvis again makes him impossible to move, so you have to keep hold of him. That means you can't open any doors...

Elvis is not teleported, so the room is empty when you get there, but cinema obviously still triggers. After the cinema Elvis and the stretcher magically appear.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:13:02 AM by Wyst3r »

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2018, 05:12:59 AM »
I wonder how that affects the rest of the level? Can you administer the medpack at some other location than the usual one? Or is he later teleported there?

Edit: I managed to replicate it really quickly on emulator. Releasing elvis again makes him impossible to move, so you have to keep hold of him.

If you are able to sit through this painful run/vid quality, this is what happened last weekend (the 2nd time "glitch" happened, cheats).
I can offer these footnotes to help you figure out what I was doing or trying:

Use Elvis to block cryo-glass-door that locks later in attempt to "skip" Jonathan wall explosion sequence
Block 2nd locked door with cannister
Use Medpack before Jon starts wall sequence
Start Jon sequence
Retry medpack during wall sequence
Running back down to original Elvis location near hangar to try medpack on empty spot where Elvis should be
Running back up to Elvis in blocked doorway to try medpack

I didn't notice that the medpack activated and I ran to Elvis to try it again.
Not sure exactly where it activated but I don't recall hearing a sound for it.
If you can make any sense of what happened in the video then kudos :)  It's all I have to offer.

My conclusion is that the medpack would not start until Joanna crosses the hangar door AFTER Jon blows the wall (making my theory of trying to skip Jon impossible....for now)

*edit*

Releasing elvis again makes him impossible to move, so you have to keep hold of him. That means you can't open any doors...

yea I had to wait for scientist to open the door because the first time this happened months ago Elvis remains stationary, fast forward that part lol

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2018, 05:29:41 AM »
Oh wow, that's a really interesting. Great attempt!

I guess it makes sense that the game doens't reach the medpack part of the code until the explosion. Though from your video it seems that the medpack is automatically administered as soon as this happens, as long as you've used it on Elvis earlier. That could save a few seconds (i guess you'd have to remote mine the explosion), but only if we could set up this whole thing without losing time lol.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 05:37:39 AM by Wyst3r »

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2018, 11:47:39 PM »
I don't know if this has been seen before. I got trolled at the end of a Chicago run and tried to pause out to check the pace. I must have paused on some special frame of entering the loading zone, because I got stuck in a state a bit like the frozen Bond glitch where I couldn't do anything. I spent the entire time trying to pause, thinking my controller had broken or something. Then before the pause menu can even come up it instantly brought up the time screen as if I'd aborted the mission already. Then, I was booted to the main menu, although I swear I was only pressing start and maybe A, but definitely not B.

EDIT: Apparently according to Flicker, this happens if you complete objectives 1-4 but fail objective 5 by a civilian dying. The kicking to the menu might have been me mashing buttons beforehand and them coming into effect late.
PD Proof Moderator

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2018, 03:26:12 PM »

Don't know if this has been seen before. Playing Crash Site Agent, and I decided to play out a run with a missed mine throw. But just before Objective 3 completes, the Objective 2 message comes up! I guess the Presidential Clone just dropped dead. Goes to show that it might be worth playing out missed throws.

I have a couple theories as to what happened.

- The mine throw was placed perfectly so that it did a large amount of damage to the Clone without killing him, and something happened later that did a small amount of damage to him, finishing him

- Some weird unloading shenanigans happened

- Maybe the mine throw alerted him, and he ran around and off a cliff? I don't even know if enemies can die by falling
PD Proof Moderator

Swiss

• Swiss
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »

FOrK

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2018, 11:30:30 PM »
Yes, he alerted and ran off the cliff on the way to the ship (obj 3 on PA). My 119 or 120+ completed that way too.