Author Topic: Post new videos here !  (Read 7378 times)

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
Re: Post new videos here !
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2012, 04:25:40 pm »
the kills were normal, the scifi handgun is one of the best guns in the game

CriticalDensity

• <3 Alison Brie
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2012, 12:46:41 pm »
Your teammates go mental with kills! That never happens to me, you played really well though which helped alot.

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2012, 01:18:21 pm »
don't worry, I think it never happened to anyone  ;D
we should probably ask ST, but I think it's the 1st time I see teammates being good during a whole run. there's usually at least 2-3 minutes where they dont do shit.

MepH

« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2012, 05:35:05 pm »
Hehe yeah they were decent in the 1st half, absolutely crazy in the 2nd half ! xD
It's cool when they don't do shit ;D

Again a new video from me:

Timesplitters: MepH - 9B Flight Delay - 100.0% [WR]

CriticalDensity

• <3 Alison Brie
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2012, 05:52:17 pm »
You're amazing at this challenge  :o

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2012, 05:57:15 pm »
when I said 2-3 min where they don't do shit, I meant 2-3 min where they are useless. actually they are usually useless between 2 and 5 min. when it's only 2 min is when you usually get scores between 110 and 115

CriticalDensity

• <3 Alison Brie
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2012, 06:09:32 pm »
mine are always useless...

MepH

« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2012, 06:17:40 pm »
Atleast you had a good one on 5C with top3 on first try, played this level like 1h-1h30 last year to finally be 6th now.. :(

And yeah, on 8A they helped me the whole run atleast.

Anyway I like my 9B score more since its maxed !

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2012, 06:39:34 pm »
it's still easier than 8A. this is probably one of the hardest WRs now.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2012, 03:19:53 pm »
Something I noticed when trying PAL after having played NTSC for a long time, is that you seem to fall at slightly different speed and if true, I think NTSC might be just a liiiitle bit faster for Planet X and maybe (barely noticeable probably) for Tomb Hard.

Why these two levels in particular? Because they're the only ones that have a place where you fall straight down. The longer the fall, the more time PAL lose. For places where you drop down while moving it shouldn't matter since you're moving in the X or Z dimension or whatever.

I definitely notice a difference when I play PAL; for levels like Cyberden Easy where you drop off after the pickup, you can feel that you land further away. It's weird.

Here's a video where I compare this in Planet X:

Fall speed

It was hard to edit the video in a way so I walked off the ledge at the same time so it probably isn't perfect. Maybe you can see that you fall slightly faster on NTSC. Probably just a tenth faster, if I'm right that is because I can barely tell the difference but I KNOW I FEEL a difference. Maybe I'll make a better video later at a higher drop and add slow motion or something if I find out how to do it. You'll probably want to spam the pause button to tell the difference.. sorry for the bad video, I made it in a hurry.

I should add that I'm definitely not certain of this, I'm only certain of the "feel".  :P Uh, I should've looked towards the stairs and not straight down like an idiot. Would've been easier to tell then.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:27:39 pm by Stefan Persson »

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2012, 07:18:47 pm »
it kinda look like you jump later on PAL. I think I felt something like that while playing yesterday. jumping felt sligtly slow. it's like you slip from the ledge and there is a little bit of friction slowing you down at the beginning.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2012, 07:27:45 pm »
You might be right and I suggest everyone take my feeling with a grain of salt until I have better evidence. I'll probably make a better video later doing both a bigger drop on Planet X and to show that you jump further on PAL.

To me, it would be weird if there wasn't a difference because it definitely is noticeable. Maybe it's too subtle to show in a video and if that's true, it might not be an important problem/time difference in speedruns either.

When I play the video on Media player classic and go frame by frame, I can see that NTSC land before PAL, but that's only correct if I edited the video properly, which might not be the case like you pointed out.

And in my other post, please take the "liiiitle difference" litterally. I'm not saying NTSC >>>>>>> PAL here.

Also, since I've found other stuff that are different between the versions (like auto aim, surviving generally being a bit easier on PAL, etc.), I wouldn't be surprised if this fall speed thing is a subtle difference as well.

MepH

« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2012, 10:26:52 am »
Oh it's interesting, I've never noticed it in videos. You should slow down videos so we can see frame per frame aswell because it's probably a very small difference ^^

Wouter Duckaert

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2014, 01:29:31 pm »
I still have the following TS1 videos saved on my DVD recorder:

Story
Chinese Normal 48.7
Chinese Hard 54.8
Mansion Hard 43.3
Tomb Hard 1:14.9
Chemical Plant Normal 19.4
Docks Easy 42.7
Village Normal 32.9
Village Hard 33.0

Challenges
2B Dock Duck Shoot 176
2C Crispy Duck 100%
3B Lobster Run 29
3C Bowl Them Over 96
6C Heist 0
8A Girls 'n' Boys 108
8C Bone Grab 4:58.7
9A I Can't Hear Anyone Screaming 110
9B Flight Delay 96.0%
9B Flight Delay 98.0%

If any of these interest you, let me know and I'll upload them.