Author Topic: Post New Record Discussion Here!!!  (Read 17369 times)

Anemptybox

• twitch
Post New Record Discussion Here!!!
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »

Satisfaction

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
Wow, very nice!

Silent Thunder

• Less dangerous than invisible lightning.
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »
TS1 activity.

Nice Mansion Hard time Ace!

EDIT:
Also, my TS1 disc has been broken since summer.  I kinda got mad one day while playing and threw it a bit hard... so you won't be seeing much activity from me until I decide to get a new one.

Satisfaction

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
Also, my TS1 disc has been broken since summer. I kinda got mad one day while playing and threw it a bit hard... so you won't be seeing much activity   from me until I decide to get a new one.

Only TS2 left.

Nice Mansion Hard time Ace!

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2008, 04:56:00 AM »
Thanks! Too bad about your disc ST=(

I haven't really played the level since I got that 41.1. And yesterday was the first time I played TS1 in over six months I think:|

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
Just posting here to say I should have the TS1 time rankings up sometime next week.  It's been halfway programmed for a couple weeks now, but I haven't had time to work on it because school has been keeping me busy.  My winter break is next week, so I'll finish it up then.  It'll be pretty nice, with rankings not only for overall time, but also rankings for easy, normal, and hard total times.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
Awesome! Thanks, ST=)!

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
I don't feel like making a new topic for it.  Time ranks are working and online.

http://ngc.the-elite.net/ts1/TimeRanks/TS1time.html

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
Nice to see that it's finally up, yay!

Henning Blom

• Henning
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
Stefan ftw

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
Hmmm, I should work on Chinese Hard and Chemical Plant Hard.  Even fairly shitty completions would get me under 19 minutes for total time.

EDIT:
It's nice that having the profanity filter off isn't restricted to just FFA.  Shitty, shitty, shitty, fuckbuckets.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
Who did what in the WR topic? Ò_ó

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2008, 05:18:00 AM »
lol no-one saw that??

Very nice stefan, .6 cut is more than decent...

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
I must've missed it;)

Thanks Fitzy!

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »
For the WR topic thing Stefan saw, I had posted a time I thought was a WR and it wasn't.  I just deleted the post.  I do have a new Tomb Hard time and I wish it was a tenth of a second faster.

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008, 01:38:00 AM »
Oh, I see...lol

Anyway I still hadn't seen the 40.2 so its ok, haha

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
Argh, keep trying, just don't beat my time with too much;)

Matthijs Triep

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Ngamer64
Every post in the WR topic (without a legitimate new world record claim) equals a 3 day suspension   from the Elite message boards.  

Starting now.

The man who trolled and lost everything

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Congrats Stefan!
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
Thanks.

I'm gonna explain why I played on NTSC (it's just a burned copy, btw; just downloaded it a day or two ago from the net in case anyone cares): Me and SniperWD talked a looooong time ago about Chinese Easy, and how ST could be faster. I have 32.8 on my original save, and I think that's what Sniper's got too.

Anyway, we had som runs that looked just as good as ST's, but like I said; could only get it down too 32.8. The reason, we thought, was that PAL may have (still not sure about it) slower door at the end of the level for some reason. When I tested it on NTSC, after not playing the game serious since January or something, I got 32.7 in a matter of minutes and it was a bad run. Got another 32.7 after a few more minutes, and then I got a nice run with the 32.3, also getting me the WR sweep on Chinese, muha.

I'm gonna play my original PAL version later and see if I can beat 32.8. Maybe I just sucked at it before. If I can't tie/beat or at least get close to 32.3, then I assume that the door, or "something" else in the level, indeed is slower on PAL.

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2008, 03:42:00 AM »
Nice work on 32.3.  Getting that was pretty good.

Blaming arbitrary pal/ntsc differences for why you couldn't get it before isn't so impressive, but you're probably right.  I guess I never really did get the hang of strafing in this game.  I always just relied on the magic of NTSC.

One thing always bothered me:  I never could break 15.6 on chemical plant easy.  Must be that damn PAL advantage.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »
Right. Strafing has nothing to do with it as far as I know. PAL/NTSC is most likely exactly the same. Maybe I wasn't very clear in my post but I'm only pointing out that the door may be slower on PAL. When both Sniper and I have looked it up and have a reason to believe that, and that I get the WR within minutes with NTSC, I am NOT just "blaming" on something, though, it might not be slower on PAL still. Maybe me just thinking it might be a difference has something to do with me getting the WR (I hope you know what I mean).

I don't think you have any reason to be cocky, ST. I have never, ever said anything bad about your ability at this game, only the opposite as a matter of fact.

And is it really so hard to even think about the possibility that there might be a difference between the versions? I mean, there are differences in EVERY damn game it seems. If the door on Chinese Easy is slower, it may just be a tenth slower on PAL. As far as I remember, I have never seen anything else in this game that might be different. So, do you really think that I'm just "blaming" on this so I can feel better or something? Don't I have any reason to think that this might be possible? I'm really not that kind of person that would do something like that in the first place: If I don't have a reason to bring something up, then I simply won't.

And about Chemical Plant: If you're talking about your 15.6 video, then I can easily say where you lost time, and that's the stairs if you wonder. You do them like Josh and it's not the best way. Sniper found a much better way and when I did it like him I got much better times. Simple. There're videos, and you can try it anytime you like and see for yourself. If you can't still get it, then I might think of a possibility there might be a difference between PAL/NTSC, like I'm just telling you about the door.

I hope I've made myself a bit more clear, and that I won't be getting any more stupid, sarcastic comments.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
And just to make it even more obvious that I'm not effin' blaming on stuff: I think that I suck on Planet X and Spaceways for example compared to you, much more than I do on Chinese, but I have never said anything about stuff there, even if I could if I want (maybe you fall faster on NTSC on Planet X, just to say something out of the blue. Keep in mind now: I DON'T THINK SO, don't MISS THE POINT). And I totally suck and hate the TS1 challenges, and all your scores are better: it would be super easy to find something to blame on, but I don't.

I feel like keeping stuff for myself from here on.

Edit: I Just wanna say that I'm aware of that it seems like I take this extremely serious, but that's probably more fun to read anyway. Also, I do know the difference between my examples and what ST is saying. If I got the WR's on Planet X now I wouldn't say: "Oh boy, the reason to why I got them must've been because of this and that, I played PAL before!!!!". NO, I would not do that, and this is the first fucking time ever I even SUSPECT that it might be a difference.

Good night.

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
Don't know how good the time is Stefan, but I assume its pretty damn good. Nice work. Maybe I shouldn't have sold TS1 so I could have a better understanding of this. Oh well, interesting none the less

alexaxxem

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
nice job bro! dont really know much about the game, looks great.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2008, 04:51:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I tested Chinese Easy on the PAL version the other day and I could just barely get sub 33 with a good run. I don't want to say anything for certain, because it may be some mental block in my head after all, but it just seems like the door, indeed is slower on Chinese Easy. It could be something else (or a mixture of things), but I doubt it. You just run to the basement and up to the door and exit. There isn't really anything else I suspect, but who knows, maybe there is.

Btw, you should buy TS1 again Fitzy

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »
Yeah I got 4 months free, so I might hunt around for it and if I can get hold of it, play it for more than 10 minutes....haha

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
Would be awesome. I mean, I think you should at least have the game since you're a TS master. You don't have to speedrun it 24/7, but if you ever want to play it and also get better understanding for the records, then it'll be fun to just test the levels/strats whenever you like

Faucheur

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
wow, you are still playing this game oO
btw, this guy has good scores : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=soWUlcPLcWM
especially on bodyguard, I'm wondering if it is the 2nd best score.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
Heh, I still play it, yes.... once every six months or something, though

That guy seems good and very nice Bodyguard score like you said.

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »
Yeah, I ran across this guy a few months ago.  He's got a website:
http://www.geocities.com/KingJJRich/

He's fairly confident that his TS1 story times are all WRs.  He doesn't know about the fast controls.

Most of his scores are okay, but check out his Retroracer score.  Fucking 57.53 with picture proof.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
RR time is like wut!!

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2008, 01:39:00 AM »
A 2+ second drop on RR with only lk 2 scores under 1:00........
I needa teach this guy how to use rockets....haha

Faucheur

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »
well, looks like he has a video proof. except the run shown on it isn't exactly good.
btw I'm surprised to see he was ranked almost as high as me online (I think I was about 300) since I never had trouble beating him.  

He's fairly confident that his TS1 story times are all WRs. He doesn't know about the fast controls.
I was maybe the only one to use fast controls every time I played, and not only in story, and I wasn't even the best at it XD

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2008, 05:34:00 AM »
Just a question, is the arcade n challenges on TS1 alright? I'll play through the game if I get it but probably wont speed run story mode, and try out previously mentioned.
Also, is there a recent page saved?

Faucheur

« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
what do you mean by alright?
most of the level are fun, and only 3 of them require more luck than skills. (ok, 4, because some guy found a crappy dns which prevents me from having a WR)
there are less boring levels than on TSFP for example.
and no stupid non-fps mini games like cat racing or monkey curling.
actually I think it was my favorite arcade/challenge mode in all 3 TS games.

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
haha cat racing, I remember that...

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
I don't like that this forum is called "Timesplitters 1", it should just be "Timesplitters". Maybe I'm being a bit picky here, but it's somewhat annoying =P

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2009, 08:57:00 AM »
Good job, Wouter!! That level can be such a pain because of that last part. Are you going for lower?

Wouter Duckaert

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
Thanks, Stefan.

The last part couldn't be more frustrating; having the 'splitter co-operate only happens in 1 out of 10 runs or so (granted you survive everything before the pickup, which only happens in approximately 1 out of 5 runs), and it never happens when you're on your way to get a 19.3. It happened to me once though, but I messed up the ending, resulting in yet another 19.5.

I'm currently not going for lower, even though this is probably one of the weakest wr's and definitely the weakest of the Chemical Plant records. It's just so frustrating to play, I was so glad when 19.4 finally happened, even though the time itself isn't satisfying - I was happy rather because I could finally leave the level, not so much because I got the wr.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
I agree about it being the weakest of the Chemical Plant records. But like you said; it's frustrating as hell.

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
Nice work on Crispy Duck, Sniper.

Wouter Duckaert

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
Thanks

Wouter Duckaert

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »
Good job on Lobster Run, ST. It's good to see I could get someone to start playing this game again, competition makes things a lot more fun. I don't think I'll find time to play before Sunday, but after that I'll try to pull off some decent records. And just to inform you - you seemed to be doubting it - I am recording my ts1 footage as well. It'll take some time before I transfer the vids to my pc, though. HDD DVD Recorder = speedrun video-making heaven.

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
Thanks.  You hadn't mentioned videos yet, so I wasn't sure.  3B is finally going to have two videos for it now.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
Just broke another little barrier with my new WR. I'm now sub 18:16.0 in total time: should be 18:15.8! Sub 18:15 would be hell >_<

Silent Thunder

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »
Nice WRs and recent PRs, Stefan and Wouter.

I'll get an update done later today and probably a news update since we have a lot of new awesome scores.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
Thanks ST! Too bad I didn't get sub 43, but I should't complain.

Wouter Duckaert

« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2009, 05:54:00 AM »
Docks Hard is nuts, I have no idea how you could survive that.

I suppose we'll hit 18:05 within a year or two if we keep playing Don't know about 18:00 though. It's possible I guess, and it'd be really really cool if we could manage it. But it ranks pretty high on the insanity scale, too.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »
Thanks bud! I feel sub 18:00 will need some new tricks to be done. I don't like that we have one level where it's "impossible" to get sub 1 minute. Damn you Tomb! The other barriers may happen but will require insanity.