Author Topic: Best Story WR's (Lol?)!  (Read 972 times)

Anemptybox

• twitch
Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« on: February 12, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
What do you think (don't have to make a big list or anything)? Here's some of my thoughts (best-worst for me):

Story Easy:

1. Village - 18.7

I've spent a lot of time on this level but I can't even get under 19. ST's run looks perfect.

2. Cyberden - 35.5

Talked to Sniper about this WR and we both agree that it's not possible:p  

3. Docks - 42.3

I don't know but I think this WR is very strong.

4. Chemical Plant - 15.3

It's a good time. Lower is definetely possible though.

5. Tomb - 39.3

I think 39.3 is very good. Though, I "might" just be bad at Tomb.

6. Chinese - 32.6

Talked to Sniper about this one too. He said the door seem to open faster on ST's and Josh's vids. I watched ST's and it looks like he's right. May be a NTSC/PAL thing.
32.6 is good though!

7. Planet X - 36.9

I'm just bad at this level. 37.1 was hard as hell.

8. Spaceways - 44.9

Very good time. Pickup is tricky.

9. Mansion - 29.9

Didn't put this last because I think I can beat it. I put this last because ST's run doesn't look very good and could be improved by a few tenths.

Story Normal:

1. Village - 32.6

This was a fluke. Lower is of course possible (like always) but it's hard to get a good run. My strat looks weird but I got this time with it.

2. Planet X - 50.1

I just can't imagine me getting this time. Most annoying pickup.

3. Cyberden - 50.9

51.0 was damn hard to beat:p  

4. Docks - 42.7

It's hard to survive and I guess that makes this WR pretty good.

5. Chinese - 47.6

My run was far from perfect but, yeah. Hard to survive.

6. Spaceways - 45.1

Wasn't very hard to get but the record is solid.

7. Chemical Plant - 19.4

I'd go for better (and not only me probably) if it weren't for those splitters at the end.

8. Mansion - 37.3

Well, sub 37 shouldn't be hard.

9. Tomb - 1:00.0

Am I the only one that hates this time?:rolleyes  
Oh, the level sucks too.

Story Hard:

1. Chemical Plant - 21.4

If you wanna know how good this time is: try beating it.
Very proud of this WR.

2. Planet X - 49.9

Sub 50 is very cool.

3. Cyberden - 57.3

I know my run isn't perfect. 57.5 stood for a while though >D  

4. Chinese - 51.4

What's the second best time? 55.5?

5. Village - 33.1

Annoying to play. Sub 33 would be good.

6. Tomb - 1:13.5

I got this straight from 1:14.1 I think. But on such a long level, lower is more than possible.

7. Mansion - 41.1

Haven't played it since I got the WR. My run looks too cool to be replaced:p  :p  :p  

8. Spaceways - 45.1
This time is very good but it's probably a lot easier than the other Hard WR's.

9. Docks Hard - 43.5

Extremely hard to survive, though, sub 43 would happen with some patience.

Top 5 WR's:

1. Village Easy - 18.7
2. Chemical Plant Hard - 21.4
3. Cyberden Easy - 35.5
4. Village Normal - 32.6
5. Planet X Hard - 49.9

Erm..Hope you enjoyed that:b  

Edit: Oh, and if you wanna know: Elite Total Time is at 18:17.X something.

Silent Thunder

• Less dangerous than invisible lightning.
    • GE
    • PD
Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
Didn't see this topic until just now.  I'll give it a shot.

Story Easy:

1. Village - 18.7
18.9 was a pretty good time when I got it, and then it was tied by Bothan.  I thought 18.8 could be done with a couple of quicker turns, and that happened pretty fast.  From there, I thought that 18.7 could maybe happen with great turns throughout and a good pickup.  5 or 6 18.8's later, it happened.  Would be hard to pick up even another tenth on such a short stage.  At the time I had also been watching some of Bosshardt's GE vids and was motivated by that sort of perfection.  I was trying to "capture" that perfection when attempting 18.7.

2.  Cyberden - 35.5
This was a fluke pretty much.  I had gotten 35.7 pretty fast and wanted to see if lower could happen.  The 35.7 had a bad turn at the end if I remember right(never captured it).  Thought 35.6 could maybe happen so I kept playing and ended up cutting off 0.2.  Haven't touched the stage since than.  Usually getting under 36 is damn tough for me, but I was doing it quite often the day I got 35.5.  Must have been a good day.

3.  Chemical Plant - 15.3
This time is beyond me.  I found 15.6 to be extremely hard and to be able to cut 0.3 from that on such a short stage just seems insane.  I would put it before Cyberden, but it's tied, so meh.

4.Chinese - 32.6
Josh's 33.3 was insane when he got it.  Some strafing improvements on my part allowed me to beat it.  Bit tough to survive and getting through smoothly after the pickup is impossible or something.  This isn't perfect, but is still tough to beat.  Sub-32 would be a top 3 record.

5.Docks - 42.3
This and Chinese could probably be switched around.  Hard to judge which is better.  42.2 or so could be done with maybe a bit better pickup.  I've tried beating this, but have come up short.

6.Tomb - 39.3
Getting lower would be tough.  It's possible though.  Tied record.

7.Planet X - 36.9
Another time I've tried to beat but have come up short.  Haven't even tied it again.  Getting low 37's isn't easy, so breaking 37 is difficult.  I know 36.8 can happen though.

8.Spaceways - 44.9
Was nice when I got it, but it's been tied.  Cutting off more time would be very tough though.  You need a really good pickup to get this.

9.Mansion - 29.9
I hate this stage because completions are so infrequent and something always goes wrong.  Getting sub-30 was infuriating.  There are obvious places where improvement could be made, but I don't really want to play this again.

EDIT:

Normal

1. Planet X 50.1
Didn't think this low was really possible.  Kind of a fluke.  Defenitely wouldn't want to try for lower.  Not much was wrong with this run

2. Village 32.6
Hard to decide between Planet X and this for #1.  Both are awesome.  Sub-32 seems insane to me, and this is well under.  The strat is weird.

3.Spaceways - 44.8
Beats the easy WR.  It might even deserve a higher spot, but it's new, so it goes here for now.

4.Tomb 59.0
Pretty crazy.  Hard to survive and hard to not get stuck on guards during the return.  Ace's run was smooth.

5.Docks 42.7
Getting lower would be very hard.  Surviving is frustrating.

6.Cyberden 50.9
Probably as good as Docks.  Low 51's is something that I've never been able to figure out.

7.Chinese 46.8
Awful survival rate.  Josh's 48.x looked good, this is quite impressive.

8.Chemical Plant 19.4
Pretty good, but the weakest of the Chemical Plant records.

9.Mansion Normal 37.3
I don't know anything about this stage.  Just following Ace.

Hard:

1.Chemical Plant 21.4
Crazy strat.

2.Village 33.1
Sub-34 was insane for me.  I doubt I could ever get this low.  Its equal to my normal time!

3.Planet X 49.9
Sub-50 is great.  Perhaps a better strafing technique at the start could get lower.  Not as good as Normal, but close.

4.Chinese 51.4
No one else is even close.

5.Cyberden 57.3
Lower could be done by taking some more risks, but it's really hard to survive.  Not an easy record.

6.Mansion 41.1
A record I'll never be able to get.  Lower could be done, but surviving is very hard.  The health on the 41.1 run was insane.

7.Tomb 1:13.5
Under 1:14 is good.  Lower could be done but it'd be hard.

8.Docks 43.5
Very hard to survive, which is why I didn't go for it after Normal.  A time around 43.0 would be really impressive, and sub-43 would be absolutely insane.

9.Spaceways 45.0
45.0 is better, but not as difficult as other hard records.  Sub-45 would be neat...
Actually, these last 3 spots could be switched around in whatever order, as they're all roughly as good.

Faucheur

Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
hum I don't know.
the hardest level is spaceways for me, I often get stuck because of doors, and hard mode is pretty hard to survive because there are turrets every meters :|

Faucheur

Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
Huh  :|
you really did plant hard in 21.4
my 22.8 with the uzis X2 strat seemed really good.

Anemptybox

• twitch
Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
Yeah, I got 21.4 from 21.8. Also got 22.0 with the Uzi strat.

Faucheur

Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
hum I thought not taking the uzi saved more time than that.

Anemptybox

• twitch
Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
It doesn't save as much as you might think. And my 22.0 run was pretty damn good. Probably better than 21.4.

Faucheur

Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
yeah could be.
when I tied your 22.8 I thought it wouldn't be possible to get under 22.5 with the uzi strat

Anemptybox

• twitch
Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »
Sub 22.5 may seem hard but it isn't if you try.

Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »
I still don't know the strategy for Chemical Plant Hard...
My 26.4 was a nearly flawless run that took like an hour to survive, and I'm certain there's no way to cut even 2 seconds (I won't claim it was so perfect of a run that I could not even cut a second, as it's a Hard level and therefore probably could use cuts easily).

I think I use a different route or something.  Any videos of faster?  CP would never tell me how he had like 23.x or whatever he had.

PS - 15.3 on Easy isn't as great as it seems.  I believe around 14.7 to be possible, if I remember correctly.  It all comes down to the stairs.

Anemptybox

• twitch
Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »
I made a 22.0 vid (not with the the best strat). Don't have it anymore though. Someone else might have it..?
I think I got 25.4 or 25.6 with slow controls so you must've been using a totally different strat.

Sub 15 would be absolutely insane on Chemical Plant Easy, but yea... it's possible. Maybe I don't know as much as I think but I doubt 14.7 is possible. At least for a human.

Faucheur

Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
I found the uzi strat by myself and I think Ace did too.
you'll see on the vid anyway.
CP's time isn't hard to beat once you know it.

SniperWD

Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
sub15 would be pretty insane on Chemical Plant easy, but I'm not saying it's impossible. I doubt 14.7 being possible though.

And I'm pretty sure I have that 22.0 vid.

Anemptybox

• twitch
Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
Now I have the vid (thanks FW:b ).

Chemical Plant Hard - 22.0

Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
Once you get the stairs down how they should be, 15.0 fails should come almost every run.  You just get stuck a lot on a certain splitter near the end, but if I remember correctly, a flawless run would let you slip right by it without even having to waste time killing it as you go, for a high 14 finish.  It's been so long since I've played the level though.  Maybe I'll get back into it and see what I can do.

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
Re: Best Story WR's (Lol?)!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
9.Mansion - 29.9
I hate this stage because completions are so infrequent and something always goes wrong.  Getting sub-30 was infuriating.  There are obvious places where improvement could be made, but I don't really want to play this again.

funny, because of all the easy records, it is the only one that still stands today

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 02:00:50 PM »
Haha, yeah, that's pretty cool, though I know why it still stands.. MANSION EASY IS JUST AWFUL FOR SOME REASON!!!  >:( Still, I think I underestimated the strenght of 29.9 back then. 29.7 would be more acceptable, but the stage is so gay to play.

I gotta say, when reading this topic again, that we had very good opinions on how good the WR's were.

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:13 PM »
mansion hard is even more gay than mansion easy :P