Author Topic: Korean version of TS2  (Read 975 times)

Anemptybox

• twitch
Korean version of TS2
« on: September 24, 2016, 01:51:19 pm »
I came across this and I'm pretty sure I haven't known of the existence of a korean version before.

If anyone can find an ISO of this or a site that sell a physical copy, I'd like to know. This version might be different in some ways from all the rest.

Here's an example of a site that at least seem to be selling it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:01:08 pm by Anemptybox »

Anemptybox

• twitch
Re: Korean version of TS2
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 03:10:23 pm »
Apparently Korea also got a GC version of TS2! I always thought asia only got the PS2 version. Found by TB-303 on Discord.

There's also another PS2 korean version called "BANG" which seems to be even more rare.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 04:50:37 pm »
I now own a copy of the standard Korean version, thanks to likely the nicest guy in South Korea, and will play it for the first time on stream in a short while. I'll just be doing a start of a casual 100 % and all plats playthrough. Here's some photos taken in a darkly lit room:

Twitch

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 05:29:08 am »
Here's some information about the korean version based on some questions that came up on stream, answered after stream from the guy who sent the game to me:

"Q. Is there korean option? A. Nope. About that issue, HanbitSoft (TimeSplitters 2 Distributor in korea) left apologies and three reasons about why their games were not released in korean when they release it.

First, PS2 was released 2002 in korea, not 2000. it was first playstation officially released here. so game developers suddenly had to convert game on korean region code and minor fixes (like, O and X), and most of them doesn't have enough time on schedule or having vacation after release game. in this case, Soul Reaver 2 was released same as US version.

Second, Implementing korean in game is huge pain in the ass. it's long to describe technically, so basically korean characters require huge amount of RAM or ROM spaces, so it's impossible if developers didn't assigned extra space for font and language, . also, it's complicate to print, you should combine ㅂ,ㅏ,ㄱ,ㅅ,ㅡ to print 박스(box). not like english or japanese.

Third, because of that reason, it costs dolla dolla bill yo and at that time, most of core gamers already played those games in japanese PS2 between 2000~2002. so distributors reluctant to release back-log games in korean due to profitability.

Q. Is there Timesplitters 1 in korean? A. And because of that profit issue, Timesplitters 1 was never released in korean market. but they couldn't just renumber TS2 cos most of gaming koreans knew there is TimeSplitters 1 in japan, so HanbitSoft just "Ah, fuck it." and released as TS2 without TS1.

Q. Why Cover Art is different Between korean GC and PS2 version? A. That's because different from PS2, GC version was distributed by DAEWON. I have no idea why they used PAL version cover, because their CD is NTSC version. ah, and another difference is that MapMaker function is still alive in GC version. as I know DAEWON just translated manual only and repacked NTSC-U/C version so gameplay should be same as US version. actually DAEWON is notorious about ruining CD Print and not release game properly. sometimes they don't translate manual, or not even include manual and put two piece of paper instead of that. so TS2 is lucky case compared to that"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:41:31 pm by Anemptybox »

Silent Thunder

• Less dangerous than invisible lightning.
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 08:56:48 pm »
So this is the same as the US NTSC version as far as gameplay?

Let me know if you find any differences  that would make getting scores easier/harder.  I saw in the Japanese thread the Sergio's is much easier on that version.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 11:38:23 am »
From what I've played so far it seems like this version is like Japanese, just with english text instead. Like jap, SLS is much easier since you can't get set on fire and the zombies die in one hit regardless of where you shoot them. I've played most of the challenges and the first two leagues. You can still get set on fire on league levels, don't remember if that's same as jap. I'll play around some more in a few days, not home at the moment.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 02:43:46 pm »
Here's a video of SLS.