Author Topic: Post New Record Discussion Here !  (Read 12419 times)

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
Re: Post New Record Discussion Here !
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2012, 07:42:32 pm »
no it was the right player. he just never posted it himself.

MepH

« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:38 am »
Hey, I just looked a little bit on Timesplitters Portal, ArKiVe himself claimed his 103 on BGH in 2007, and that he could prove it with a photo, but he never posted it, and sharkgun posted that photo proof only a month ago or something.

Anyway as you guys said, a photo doesnt prove anything but he seems to be a great player, esp. with snipers as I can see with that video : www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvdxUCUpACQ

So he atleast seems to be able to make it legally to me but we'll never know and it'll never be accepted. Anyway it's better like that, when we have actually a video proof on the officials WRs. It's just too bad he didn't make a video of 95+ if he was really able to make 103...

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2012, 03:09:46 am »
did I record my 95 score? so long ago I can't remember. if so, does anyone have it?
and did phoenix ever upload his VB run?

MepH

« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2012, 04:43:29 am »
Hey Fitzy! I don't know about your 95, maybe not since it's not in the rankings but I wasn't here so I can't be sure.

Phoenix uploaded his Virtual Brutality run last year.
DVD RECORDER Title 04 01

The time saver is cool ^^

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #204 on: September 25, 2012, 07:57:22 am »
ah thanks! might actually dust off the disc and have a go at BGH :)

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #205 on: September 25, 2012, 10:51:33 am »
It's a pretty good video (jerk a lot though?) but it's nothing another good player couldn't do, IMO, especially the top in the elite and the other best online players. A decent online montage =/= being able to get 103 on BGH out of the blue, and why the heck didn't he tape the run since he obviously was capable of doing so? Makes no sense.

Again, can't be 100 % certain but I'm pretty much convinced 95 is the WR.

Fitzy, you didn't record your 95 run. Didn't you also get 92 on ZZ? I'd say 100 is probably easier to acheive on that level compared to BGH. Pretty sure you got an epic Lip up Phatty time too that you didn't tape (or send).

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2012, 05:53:28 am »
Soooo rusty but after a few hours I'm up to 84 on BGH so will keep at it!
Yep I remember 92 on ZZ, though not sure about lip up phatty. Think I was close to an awesome time on Sammy Hammy... when I was playing that too.
Sucks that my memory card has been erased for TSFP so I can't check my scores :(

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2013, 03:44:48 pm »
Nice time, Meph! Really surprised to see a WR post. :D I hope you get sub 1:11.0.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2013, 05:58:31 am »
Are you playing on emulator? If so, the run can't really be compared to a console run and the game looks slowed down quite a bit, making it easier to score kills (three minute level, four+ minute video).

Still a nice score though.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2013, 04:04:22 pm »
So why did the WR get re-posted?

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2013, 11:22:58 am »
it's really hard to evaluate. nice run, but is it 103 kills in 3 min as the game say, or in 4 min? in that case that would mean about 78 kills in 3 minutes, which is good, but quite a bit below the WR. of course, while it is easier skill-wise, the enemies take more time to come and more time to respawn, so it's not like you can score 120 anyway I guess.
(what have you done with your xbox?)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:44:28 am by Fauch »

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2013, 07:37:44 am »
The level does look a little weird, like in the distance when objects/walls come into view its all bright and kinda fades into focus. And a extra 20 seconds per minute is soo much, it kinda looks too easy? :s

Sir cameron 69

« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2013, 01:44:15 pm »
Oh dear,  tbh I did 101 kills on my second try and 103 was my forth try I thought this record was beaten abit to easy lol.

But regardless I understand why an emulator wouldn't be included :) It does have its advantages and but also its disadvantages but I wouldnt want to hold a title on a none fair playing field.

Getting an xbox for xlink soon, will try and recreate. :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:50:22 pm by Sir cameron 69 »

Fauch

• <3 Lacey Chabert
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2013, 05:41:03 pm »
well, on TS1 I got my 1st WR (on bones grab) in like 10 minutes. years before sniperWD figured what was my strat lol  ;D
I also got duck dock shoot on my 3rd try ever (though, got to admit the WR was pretty low), so well, sometimes it really is easy.  :)

if you do this in only a couple tries, you have a good chance at reaching 90 on xbox I guess.

aRea_cc

« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2013, 02:41:52 pm »
Havent played since TSFP servers went down, decided to get it and try some challenge modes while waiting for TSR.

what is TSR?
Did I miss something?

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #215 on: September 07, 2013, 07:28:05 pm »
Havent played since TSFP servers went down, decided to get it and try some challenge modes while waiting for TSR.

what is TSR?
Did I miss something?

TimeSplitters Rewind

Will be a TS game with all (?) the levels, characters, etc., from all three games. Being made by people who have permission from Crytek and they're using CryEngine. It'll be released on PC and possibly PS4.

That's all I know, sorry for late answer.

MepH

« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2014, 02:04:22 pm »
Sock it to Them 28.9

Awesome record man, never expected this one to be beaten to be honest.

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2014, 05:52:50 pm »
Thanks! I might even go for lower, though. I think 28.7 is a realistic goal. Too bad you need to restart a billion times to get a good spawn.

MepH

« Reply #218 on: February 14, 2014, 02:44:16 pm »
Really impressive records again ! the 28.7 time looks like a perfect time. About GoS, finally under 1:11 YAY ! Good job!

About the beginning, I never did it that way but last year I made a lot of runs by killing 2 zombies by shooting, then just melee kill the 3rd one (the one going down from the stairs). Sometimes it was indeed pretty fast (maybe 0.1 slower than killing the 3 since I don't look back but go a little bit to the left). Sadly I didn't play enough the map to record a nice run with that tech ^^.
Maybe i'll be able to compete on this map in some weeks so we can cut some more tenths and try the sub 1:10 ; )

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #219 on: February 16, 2014, 07:13:07 am »
Thanks man. I don't know if you think this too seems like a good strat but like you saw in the video, I've started to kill the flaming zombie while going down the large stairs in the last room. I think it helps because it makes the room more consistent since you can more easily kill the zombies around him by doing so. I hope you'll get a nice time when you've got time to play the level for a while!

I also took a look at my old Queen of Harts WR today, that one should be lowered to 1:29.5 at least, not sure how low is possible. Might play that one for a bit later.

aRea_cc

« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2014, 10:19:20 am »
Good Stuff, it's ever nice to see people playing TSFP :)

Matthijs Triep

« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2014, 02:19:38 pm »
Nice stuff Stefan, good to see someone playing!

I TS'd a week ago, no success of course :-\

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2014, 11:58:32 am »
Thanks guys.

It's hard to achieve success when you've got many good times and not much motivation to beat them, but I'm still hopeful you'll get that 13.2 eventually.

I wish the TS Elite didn't have so much problem with proof rules and cheaters X amount of years ago, making good players leave, and that the site didn't get hacked every other month. Maybe it would still be alive today if it wasn't for all of that.

/sad talk over

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2014, 06:14:41 am »
Nice work Ace :)
I know what you mean, getting back into TS2 after a huge break was fun but so frustrating sometimes. All I wanted was to see that 'New PR' flash up on the screen but it was so hard!
But yeah it was so much fun competing back then. I think it was the claimed times by some people that started it going downhill, and the site going down didn't help, but we kept it alive for a while!
Oh hey Quo!

Wonder if Sniper is still around..

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2014, 07:47:20 am »
Yeah boy!! Congrats :) I am going to try and play this tomorrow!
Just from watching the run, i think it may be better to stay to the left of the main entrance a little so they cant see you? Then they are forced to run out a little further, otherwise it seems like they hang around inside for longer, just a thought.

Also, it's cool that we both got 95 with different strats!

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2014, 08:07:30 am »
Thanks man! Would be awesome to see you get a new WR. Are you also playing on an old TV btw? I hope so, slightly harder to aim on a new one (depends on the model of TV too I guess).

Did you use the strat where you go inside their base? If so, I'm impressed because that one seems harder to get a good score with. However, I only tried that strat out for a bit when I first started playing this level again, so I'm not sure. I had to play for quite a few hours to get the feel back again.

Hm, yeah I might be better to stay a bit more to the left, we need to try that.

This level really makes my heart pump harder for some reason. I'm always in panic mode those last thirty seconds on a good run.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:13:08 pm by Anemptybox »

TFitzy

• <3 Carla Ossa
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2014, 03:21:48 am »
Nope, only got new tv's now!
Yeah I was in the base, it's definitely harder to survive you seem to get hit a fair bit..
Haha yeah because it feels different to other levels because the last few shots make or break a run. It's not like other kill levels where you kinda just get up to a good score regardless of the ending, the end here could be 3 missed kills and you know that so there's more pressure...

Anemptybox

• twitch
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2014, 02:42:21 pm »
I guess you probably don't have any plans to start playing a lot again, but if I would be the one to decide I'd make you buy a really cheap small TV in a second hand shop. ;) Always nice to have one around for older consoles. I'm just talking from my own experience of course and maybe you can play just as good on your new TV.

Not only is that strat harder to survive, but also harder for me to get a good score with. 30 or more kills in the first minute seemed a lot harder when using that strat.

bothanspy

« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2018, 02:51:30 am »
Sick LuF time. That backboost right at the start was pretty unfortunate.