Author Topic: Mansion of Madness Glitch  (Read 642 times)

Silent Thunder

• Less dangerous than invisible lightning.
    • GE
    • PD
Mansion of Madness Glitch
« on: October 07, 2007, 10:32:00 pm »
Okay, obviously there's a new strat for Mansion and it comes from a glitch found by youtube user CyborgChimp1.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=abtiiyYBXOE

So he skips over the deerhaunter fight and the zombie fight just before that, however he doesn't show how to continue on with the rest of the level and he's not exactly in a hurry.  The glitch needs a bit of modification for a speedrun.

Here's my 4:59.5 vid:

Silent Thunder - Mansion Easy 4:59.5

Basically, after the restart after the worms, what I do is this:

Crouch immediately and move forward while reloading.  Go through both doors.  Move into the deer haunter room a little ways while you wait for Jo-Beth to catch up.  Then move backwards back through the door.  Jo-Beth should run in front of you.  As soon as she just clears the entrance of the door, start shooting her in the back.  You want to make sure she gets shot straight towards the open door on the other side of the room.

As you are shooting her, move forward through the deerhaunter room.  Five shots should position Jo-Beth right into the doorway on the other side of the room.  Once she's there, move towards the door.  The door will try and shut like it's supposed to, but will snap back open because Jo-Beth is there.  Go through the door, but don't take off quite yet.

Gamecube/Xbox:
Once you clear the entrance, head backwards back though the door.  There will be zombies in the room.  Head back into the room slightly until you see the zombies disappear.  Uncrouch and continue on with the stage.  You should see the scientist standing on the stairs if you did it correctly, and the hallway zombies should appear.  Continue with the stage as normal.

PS2:
Heading back into the deerhaunter room until the zombies disappear doesn't work.  The hallway zombies still won't appear.  The only thing I've gotten to work is to stand in the doorway until Jo-Beth wanders back in the room and wait for a while until zombies start falling down and you hear the scientist start talking.  Even then that doesn't always work.  The hallway zombies frequently don't appear.  Anyone know exactly what triggers the hallway zombies appearing?

Satisfaction

Mansion of Madness Glitch
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:50:00 am »
'Now I really wanna go in therapy!', after she said that, the hallway zombies should appear...