Author Topic: Good lord  (Read 1827 times)

Troublesome Moral Code

• MouserScribe
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Good lord
« on: April 03, 2007, 01:04:00 pm »
I bought this game yesterday, and I must say it is absolutely GORGEOUS. Like omfg, on a scale from one to ten it's like 2,567. I was up for like hours and hours playing through story mode and OMG I need to play more of the sidestuff (I'm 9.2% done the game loal).

:)
Live life on 00 Agent.

Silent Thunder

• Less dangerous than invisible lightning.
    • GE
    • PD
Good lord
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »
The game is a nice improvement in some ways over TS2.  Graphics are much better, story mode is vastly improved.  There are gameplay issues, however, that quickly sour the experience, especially for us speedrunners.

-In story mode you can't just pause and restart to restart the timer.  If you get halfway through the stage and screw up, restarting from the pause menu will cause the game to still count the time you took against you.  You actually have to quit out of the stage and endure the long loading screens for each retry.

-There are fewer arcade league stages than in TS2.  The ones that are there generally aren't as good as the TS2 either.  Plus there are several that are relatively easy to max out.

-Challenges aren't as good, and several are boring or broken by glitches.  Electrochimp is test in boredom endurance and takes zero skill.  TSUG is repetitive.  Shooting the same enemy over and over is dumb.  Boxing Cleaver is broken by a glitch that allows huge scores, but there is still some skill involved in it.  Cat racing is ruined by the awful controls.

-Weapons are dumbed down.  Take the rocket/homing launchers in TSFP.  They both suck.  A lot.

Don't get me wrong, there are several fun stages, such as the glass smash ones and the story classics.  Overall,though, it's pretty disappointing for competition.

TSFP is a nice FPS for a casual playthrough, as the difficulty is lowered and the graphics are polished.  Unfortunately this is a departure from the previous games which catered more to the hardcore players like ourselves.  The difficulty of TS1 and TS2 are well above average, and the focus is more on good gameplay rather than a nice graphics.

Anemptybox

• twitch
Good lord
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 04:21:00 pm »
Yupp! Ts3 is great but there are a few very annoying levels.
Okay, most of the levels are gay.

Satisfaction

Good lord
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 04:30:00 pm »
I totally agree with ST here. Though the Machine guns are pretty good in TSFP.

The online makes this a great game. I think the people here should at least take a look at it. I'm sure you'll like it!!!
Don't you guys feel like playing against me, Fauch, VicenteX3, SV XUnit, SV SHARKGUN, Lapogne36, Perdouille, etc.
I'll make some videos in near future, to convince you guys.
You have totally no idea how AWESOME Capture The Bag online is. Virus in Venice is also pretty cool (you can get on the boats in every mode, also in CTB!!!).

:D  :b  ;)  :D  :b  ;)

Anemptybox

• twitch
Good lord
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 04:34:00 pm »
I know exactly how fun online is:p  I have played 40-50 hours online. It's cool but I don't know. I rather play by myself:(
I pwned the guys that had played for hundreds of hours:b

Good lord
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »
It's just too bad the game died out so fast.

The records all have potential to go so much lower.  Or higher, in some cases.

Troublesome Moral Code

• MouserScribe
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Good lord
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 11:40:00 pm »
:eek  Thanks ST, that was a good read. I'll look into buying TS2 some day as well ;)  (I actually bought TSFP from a pawnshop loal)

But the playing online thing is pretty awesome, I'll have to have some matches with you guys some times :D :D  Although I'm certain I'll get my ass kicked lol
Live life on 00 Agent.

Faucheur

Good lord
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 07:39:00 am »
satisfaction said:"Virus in Venice is also pretty cool (you can get on the boots in every mode, also in CTB!!!)."

you probably hide in the secret place! :rollin

Satisfaction

Good lord
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 11:36:00 am »
You mean the places where you can get only by boat? Those are not secret lol. Everyone hides there. :rollin

Faucheur

Good lord
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »
I usually don't go there. except when sometimes is hiding there, or there is a nice weapon.

Rjones

Good lord
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 04:16:00 am »
Boot?
I think you mean boat.

Anemptybox

• twitch
Good lord
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 04:48:00 am »
:lol

Satisfaction

Good lord
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 06:23:00 am »
:lol :rollin :lol

Mutant1988

Good lord
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 03:13:00 am »
TSFP is really a great FPS, thou it has a few flaws. Someone said the graphics where more polished. I don't think so. Really, I think TS2 looks better still. If anything, the more "realistic" style of TSFP was a downgrade from the sweet cartoony style in TS2. Also, the selection of weapons where a bit better in TS2 in my opinion. I agree with the heatseeker/rocket being completely useless in TSFP. Also, I really disliked the "improved" SBP. The Soviet Rifle was pretty damn nice thou, as was the SMG (Especially 2 of them).

I liked the improvements on the mapmaker a lot thou, which I've been doing lots of fun stuff with. Thou I can't understand why they didn't include the wide 3x3 ramp they had in TS2 in TSFP..... Really mayor oversight really, seeing how good that tile would have worked for the jeep/buggies.

Also, the online seems great, but according to almost everyone I've talked with, it's ruined by horrible lag. Well, playing the game in a local system link would be ideal... Basically, the same thing, but no lag.

Oh, btw, just registered here, felt like pestering everyone here too. Well, perhaps some of you recognize me, (Pst, I'm registered at www.ngc.the-elite.net/. Also, I'm very active on Gamefaqs too, thou not much TS related lately) even thou I'm really not one of the Pro's (Ranked 55 on TSFP right now).

Oh, www.Tsmusicbox.com. Register here, if you aren't already members. Best TS community on the web (Well, that isn't about speedrunning/records and such that is).

Satisfaction

Good lord
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 04:08:00 am »
The lag isn't that horrible, it was a few months ago though, but not anymore. I join a laggy match only once in a few days.  >D

Mutant1988

Good lord
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 04:13:00 am »
Well, that's great for the online players then. It seems like whenever I check out the TSFP board on Gamefaqs (PS2, that being the most active one), there's always a ton of posts with people complaining about lag. Damn, I wish I had Xbox Live so that I could play (I reckon there should be at least someone left playing the Xbox version online). Damn credit card requirement!

So then, anyone like playing around with the mapmaker then? I do consider myself kind of a expert at it really, so it would be fun to discuss ideas and such.

Faucheur

Good lord
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 08:17:00 am »
I have a lots of maps!

and phoenix is still learning how to use it. (the only thing he can do is glitches! :rollin  )

Satisfaction

Good lord
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
Quote:
It seems like whenever I check out the TSFP board on Gamefaqs (PS2, that being the most active one), there's always a ton of posts with people complaining about lag.

The people who say that haven't played the game for a few months, a lot of good players stopped in that period. It's about lag-free at the moment.

I've been making maps since the game came out, so I'm also an expert. I have tons of maps on my Gamecube mem cards. I even bought a new Gamecube mem card only for the maps.  >D  So don't say I'm still learning it Fauch!!!

Faucheur

Good lord
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 03:52:00 am »
just kidding. you are like sharkgun, you can't make a map without putting a glitch every meter! :rollin

Koch

• Ryan Koch
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Good lord
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 08:46:00 am »
Mouse! We both have to get online and play each other some time. !

TSFP FTW!

Mutant1988

Good lord
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
Well, for all you mapmakers, check this out:

www.angelfire.com/crazy/d..._logic.txt

It's kind of a mapmaker FAQ, or more of step-by-step guides to the most advanced uses of mapmaker logic. Made by yours truly :D

Do note that it's a work in progress thou. And actually, some of the stuff is straight out wrong (I have no idea what I thought of when I wrote some of the stuff. I guess I got a cool idea, and wrote it down without checking if it works). But still, it should give you some ideas at least. I'm especially proud over the cash logic, which also works flawlessly.

I'm a bit of a newbie with glitching really, but I printed a guide to it a guy posted in a topic on Gamefaqs, so yeah, I know how to do stuff, just not how to get the exact effect I want, sorta.

Oh, I also have a multiplayer FAQ up on Gamefaqs (Made in co-operation with a really good online player). Do check it out sometime.

Faucheur

Good lord
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 12:41:00 pm »
that's a big file!
I'm not really an expert in glitches, phoenix knows more glitxhes than me(but obviously I'm better at making the sky glitch)
but I'm an expert at building a good gameplay and really good looking maps.

failurewarning

Good lord
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 05:13:00 pm »
zergy your such a kiss ass, you like never play tsfp but now mouse says he owns it your posting in here like you have a clue whats going on.

Koch

• Ryan Koch
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Good lord
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
Wha? Something so wrong about me wanting to play TS with Mouse? I haven't really bothered to post here because I don't really play it anymore... :rolleyes  

You just need to chill out, me and Mouse are close.

Smokey-Bri

Good lord
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 11:00:00 am »
I don't know if it's been said before but for me TS1 & 2 feel more like GoldenEye to play, FP seemed different to play instantly even when you change cross hair to on and moving