Author Topic: Post/Discuss new Strats/Timesavers/Ideas  (Read 45332 times)

Wodahs-Reklaw

• Wodahs
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2017RankingsDev
Re: Post/Discuss new Strats/Timesavers/Ideas
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2016, 11:01:31 pm »
I got 133 with the icy mine throw + spex lure.

these strats apparently are old (says clem + wouter) but I think they should be used if you manage to still have 2 mines after the B area. With one mine the strat is pretty unfeasible since its so laggy in the radio room its impossible to have good pace afterwards.
Daniel Wodahs-Relklaw Coelho

trickydan

• GE
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2016, 11:56:06 pm »
That Icy throw also looked heaps more clutch than the normal method Wodahs! Throw the 2 mines, charge down the stairs for armour and get out of there! Love it!!

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2016, 06:25:06 am »
[Old & Farfetched]

Start Streets in left strafe, Lure the guard behind the fence, Kill him as he pulls a nade, Use it to clear out guards in Val's appartement, Strafe Val really really far.

[/Old & Farfetched]

• 50 Cent
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2016, 07:48:51 am »
what's the farfetched ideas to skip nat in control

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2016, 09:28:42 am »
what's the farfetched ideas to skip nat in control

- go to the edge of the protect area
- aim with R and alternate C> C< quickly to leave and enter the area several times a second
- since GE does not query for such fast transitions, Natalya will glitch to her next message after each "I need cover" and she will quickly arrive at her last message
- sub 2 ez
:kappa:

• 50 Cent
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2016, 06:01:15 am »
mate u

Xerxes

« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2016, 04:56:47 pm »
Is it possible to r-lean a mine on the caverns spiral to give yourself a boost or 2

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #157 on: April 05, 2016, 06:38:49 pm »
randy tested it to no success
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #158 on: April 05, 2016, 10:04:04 pm »
like luke said, I did test it. the results were basically that it is possible to double-lean timed mines on the spiral to give yourself boosts, the downsides are that you lose a lot of time to set up the throw, you lose your max speed when you hit R to aim, and there's a significant increase in lag. It's also extremely difficult to do r-leans on a narrow pathway, because if you brush up against a wall whilst trying to throw, it fails.

I suppose it's possible that it could save a couple frames, if done perfectly, but as far as I was able to test, I didn't find a way to make it feasible.

I will say that it's really difficult to test such a thing, so it's possible I didn't do everything perfectly, or test everything thoroughly.

A couple ideas that I probably should test, are to r-lean a mine as you enter the spiral, which could be good enough to get one boost early on. If you have any ideas of where else a lean throw could be done, lemme know, and I'll be happy to see what I can do with it.

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2016, 02:12:30 am »
Given that you lose .3 from losing full speed + the time it takes to do the throw, and a boost saves .3 .. I don't see a universe in which an r-lean mine boost would save time.

Maybe I'm just bad at math  :kappa:
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2016, 02:28:08 am »
I was looking back at some of Henrik's youtube videos and I stumbled upon a clip of "console magic" on cradle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9v2EJ6Y-AU

I was wondering henrik, is this something possible on console? also I was wondering how that exactly works. It looks like you hit the console one frame before the rest of the hut loads.

EDIT: I watched birdie do it a few times on stream, so apparently it can be done on console, but it looks like the trick might not work from the other side of the hut
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:55:27 am by Discombobulator »

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2016, 04:53:46 am »
I'm sorry guys, I simply can't help myself when it comes to amazingly horrible new tricks in the game. I'm sure everyone is excited to see if this strategy starts panning out.

Here's my version of cradle console magic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3HNJeZAdOM&feature=youtu.be

2 of the clips are super quiet apparently, but I'm sure you get the idea.

I should also note that in all three clips, I had first gone into the hut and shot the console 4 times. So each of these clips is me shooitng the console the fifth and final time. We'd have to figure out a way to hit the console 5 times somehow, in a quick enough fashion to not be slow. Probably not possible, but you never know  :nesquik:

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2016, 12:01:57 pm »
Yeah, unfortunately there doesnt seem to be any good spots for it. The other side of the hut is a no-go and i cant imagine any of the other spots working out real runs. No harm in looking for other spots though, especially on other levels.

Note: It doesnt work with nades either.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2016, 02:21:55 pm »
This is a trick I've been wanting to play around with ever since Henrik showed that brilliant dual wield zmg + nade 33 pace strategy for cradle. I haven't thought of many other levels that could utilize this trick, but caverns agent really stood out for me.

So, the trick is to dual wield a zmg with the timed mine, and using the correct angle and precise timing, you can throw a timed mine and immediately shoot it with the zmg, which results in a solid forward boost, depending on where you use it.

I haven't been able to figure out all the details to be able to do it consistently, because I think there are a lot of variables, including lag, but I really feel that this has a lot of potential.

Here's the best example of a boost I was able to do several times, in normal runs. I've set it up to boost myself right before I would get back boosted by the drone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4oUTfmZCco&feature=youtu.be

There are a lot of problems with a dual wielding strategy on caverns. Firstly, you need to get double zmgs. The place that I thought was best, is the guard at the top of the spiral, just past the doors. I know you can lure him early on the spiral, so I think that's probably the best place.  It's not easy to kill all the guards you lure, especially the double zmg guard, but it is possible at least.

Another issue is the angle of the throw. It seems that a 45 degree angle is most effective. For the drone hall, I aimed my dot in the middle of two parallel horizontal lines on the wall. As far as the timing of the throw, you'll notice I actually get boosted by the second timed mine I threw. That was on purpose. I haven't yet figured out a good way to be able to boost yourself with the first mine that you throw, because of the delay that the left handed zmg shoots.

It seems possible to be able to shoot the first mine that you throw, and it also seems possible to shoot mines in mid air after you throw them, which could lead to multiple self boosts near the end of the level.

I tried searching through threads to see if this has been tried before, and I couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this was explored in the past.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2016, 02:31:41 pm »
OMG, that is so creative and cool! I can't imagine it's consistent at all though, but we'll see how development goes. Good shit!

spec BFR player

• what up
    • Spec
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2016, 05:34:14 pm »
HOLY FUCK dude, just by spamming Z with ZMG/mine you could make that drone hall 2:0 or 3:0. Waiting for that 1:00
Speedrun Times
Chat highlights not embed so that forums don't get clogged:
http://i.imgur.com/HPNYJKM.png
http://i.imgur.com/jDB72Q1.png

"Part of what makes a shitpost good is that it contains Truth."

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • my Perfect Dark times page
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2016, 05:56:27 pm »
Randy must have an IQ of at least 150.

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2016, 06:21:51 pm »
Amazing idea Randy!
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2016, 04:56:36 pm »
Maybe-not-entirely-farfetched B1 SA strat:

1. Use 2.4, and lure keycard guard during cinema.
2. Wait enough cinema for him to fully open the door.
3. Kill him as you run out and get a nade.
4. Immediately switch to the nade, run out in the hallway, look down a bit and bounce the nade of the wall.
5. Go straight to the 3rd cam (normal strat), do rest like normal.

~1.5 - 2.0 secs saved probably (time lost due to missed quickpause included). Would require a consistent way to do the nade bounce though.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2016, 09:11:19 pm »
A combination cinema grind AND grenade grind? I'm on it.

Jimbo

• Elite Historian
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2016, 09:53:05 pm »
OK, something that has been killing me for a long time, is it possible to look through the game's code however which way Henrik does, and discover something related to a wrong warp? Let me elaborate:

If you let the intro screens play out in the beginning due to inactivity upon startup, you'll notice cinemas take over showing game play. The thing that's always made me scratch my head, is that it also shows Bond spawning in the middle of random parts of the level (Silo mid room, Fac at the end near 2 guards we never encounter normally, etc). Bond spawns here with full ammo, guards react immediately as if they JUST saw you not even enter the room properly, and the music starts from the beginning - this is clearly not a recording of a playthrough captured mid-run. I've ALWAYS wondered if there was something to this, and if those starting points can be triggered in some way similar to the Super Mario World End Credits glitch - writing code into the memory to trigger this massive wrong warp into the following level and basically breaking the game.

Imagine doing the weirdest shit on Dam Agent, and when you jump off, you'd hop right into Fac Agent and spawn near the end - that's the whole idea.

Off the top of my head, there's at least 4 different cinemas at the very beginning of the game with those spawn points. On Facility, you'd start AFTER the decoder room  which would be useless on SA/00A since you'd have to talk to Doak, etc, but omg the possibilities.

Paging Henrik, basically :) Thoughts if this could somehow work?

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2016, 11:04:43 pm »
Well, here's "essentially" what the beginning would look like, so far. this is the movement that I would do had I actually pulled the nade.  I'm not too sure if I'm doing the lure correctly? as in, should I be doing anything more efficient besides "turn 180 degrees, point, shoot (or miss)" The way I exit the first room, and strafe towards the wall like I did, is kind of equivalent to how I've been able to throw the nade semi-consistently.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of cinemas on b1. takes quite a long time to get a good cinema to even practice all the movements. Also, there's that extra guard that we want to pull a nade on 00a, so I'm not sure if pausing after the third camera is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CawRTvV2-8Y&feature=youtu.be

If you're wondering why I cut the video where I did, it's because I forgot to switch to 1.2.....lots of menu stuff in this level, for how short it is

EDIT: also, if there are any good b1 SA players out there, does this start seem like it's faster than the current strat? bunker 1 SA is literally my oldest time. I'm more than rusty on it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 11:20:15 pm by Discombobulator »

Jimbo

• Elite Historian
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2016, 11:54:57 pm »
Nope, the 0:21 beginnings are faster for sure.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2016, 12:18:20 am »
yeah. my run is also faster than it really can be. it takes quite a while to switch to the nade, because you have to double switch. I could just be bad at it, but basically, you play for an hour to get one nade, and you have to throw it precisely, and also hit the third camera insanely, and avoid extra backboosts because of extra guards, still clutch the last camera, and probably end up with 21 at best. My best fails after a few hours of trying was 22. I'm not gonna say this isn't feasible, just not the way I've worked with it. I'm gonna take a break from it for a bit, after my last nade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSgafBN4lfc&feature=youtu.be

I'll revisit it again, probably when I get to playing b1 SA. My time of 25 hasn't exactly held up over time....

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2016, 12:32:24 am »
The way you kill the guard is different from what i had in mind. The way I did it was to build speed and hold full left strafe during cinema, and basically strafe into the guard as you kill him. Possibly switching slightly to right strafe mid turn.

Then again, i dont know how consistent/feasible that is on console, but its necessary to gain those 1.5-2.0 secs.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2016, 09:58:17 pm »
So, I've been playing Archives SA for the past couple days going for 54s, and I had a couple thoughts on some possible optimizations.

The main one is some cinema watching.  In this clip I watch the whole first cinema, and just a bit of the second.  What this does is it positions the klobb guard at the top of the stairs in a better position to boost you. It also seems to lure out a kf7 guard better or earlier or something? All I know about that kf7 guard is he's the one that gives the extra boost most of the time with this strat.  On 00a especially, there's a decent chance at two solid boosts.  In addition to these boosts, there's another benefit. Normally when you skip the cinemas, there's a klobb guard to the right of Nat's door, who shortly after you open her door, he opens up a double door to some room, which causes a lot of lag. 

If you wait the second cinema long enough, that guard wont be there, and should mean there's less lag. If you skip the second ccinema too early, that guard will still be there. If you cut the cinema any later than I do in the clip, either the klobb guard will block you at the top of the stairs, or a different klobb guard will be after the door at the end of that hallway, and while he increases a chance at a boost, the level seems to lag quite noticeably.

Another thing I'm unsure of is the boost I got at the bottom of the winding stairs. that boost I think is more troll than good, and could make the strat more frustrating because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYuzatVh_xY&feature=youtu.be

I'm not entirely sure that this strat saves time overall. I'm not experienced enough at the level to know if this strat creates more lag that simply skipping the cinemas. I know you can lose a lot of time on Archives due simply to lag.

Another random thought I had while playing: Which causes less lag, the klobb guard that opens the double doors after Nat, or luring that guard so he doesn't open the door?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JE88u2c5Y

I looked through all the SA runs, and no one waited cinemas, so either this was debunked a while ago, or no one really cares, because 54 is tier 7.

I'm also interested in grenade strategies, although I haven't come up with anything. I think the TAS uses a nade to increase the damage done to the box, so it's easier/quicker to blow it up to boost? I wonder if an r-lean could be implemented somewhere....

Wouter Jansen

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:14 pm »
r-lean a nade to the window? or just a simple throw and look away so it goes through the walls to reach window?
sexy, this

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »
A stupid strat I thought of that would be awful to attempt, and also destroy your controller. This is a pretty bad example, but I didn't want to put my controller through any more pain.

strat is to use full screen, probably 2.x to give yourself some extra time, and I guess you'd want to shoot the console 3ish times through the wall, then try to blow up the console while you're running through the hut, trying to kill the troll guard, as you also try to hit trev, and dodge the drone, and hope trev doesn't derp, and also double headshot him at the bottom of the ramp, and get 33 pace.

I suppose you could hit the console 5 times though the wall before you get to the hut, but good luck with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwdKbiXKyHc&feature=youtu.be

spec BFR player

• what up
    • Spec
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2016, 11:33:36 pm »
That's like doing one mario kart 64 mini-turbo each attempt. Doesn't sound that bad.
Speedrun Times
Chat highlights not embed so that forums don't get clogged:
http://i.imgur.com/HPNYJKM.png
http://i.imgur.com/jDB72Q1.png

"Part of what makes a shitpost good is that it contains Truth."

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2016, 07:06:49 pm »

Seems to save 0.1 - 0.3 secs (if you subtract 0.3 due to the lost boost later on).

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2016, 07:18:59 pm »
42 confirmed happening  :nesquik:

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2016, 02:12:39 am »
I remember using that strat in 2007 when going for 0:45... I'm not sure why I ended up not using (maybe because I thought it was irrel), but it's nice to see it again. Amazed it can save up to 0.3s though.

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2016, 04:46:04 am »
Yeah i've tried it several times over the years as well (even for TAS) but for some reason never realized that it saved time. Likely because i was doing the TAS on 00A rather than Agent where health becomes a major issue.

My best time with this compared to normal strat is actually 0.35, but i only got a run that good with the vent boost once, so it's a bit of an outlier. Normally i'd be 10-15 frames slower than that, making 0.1 - 0.2 secs perhaps a more realistic range.

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2016, 11:33:42 am »
This Bunker 2 SA strat is pretty interesting... a little disappointed though because it isn't as consistent as I thought. With the one Henrik used his 0:46 on, you need a really insane run to get 0:44 (as expected). It's far more hellish and laggy than I thought which is the worst part, because you can lose an extra second at the very end just from lag. The clipboard guard is very consistent but that's probably the only good part of the entire start. The klobb guard + open door is like 1/4, then the first cam is at the worst possible angle, then the 2nd last camera area is just a massive mess with 50 guards and tons of lag. I recommend people still try the regular WR strat instead of this one that looked promising but ended up being a disappointing and hopeless strat.

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2016, 04:33:19 pm »
The klobb guard + open door is like 1/4

I figured out how this works a while back. It's entirely cinema based, and quite complicated to explain. But the conclusion is simple:

Klobb cinema - 100%
Guard walking cinema - 50% (May depend a bit on how you time the cinema, i'd recommend holding start so it's cut immediately)
Empty hallway - 0%

Whether door will open or not is determined before you even leave the cell. The guard walking cinema depends on which speed the guard will use when he unloads after the cinema (Goldeneye facts video #1 explains how speed is determined, but there's really nothing you can do about it). There's two possibilites and kinda random which one you'll get.

Baps

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2016, 05:44:45 am »
Ok.. so i was messing around with aztec last weekend and came up with this idea.. (may have been thought of or even done before)

In the vid i try and show it off but i found it quite difficult to do, maybe some one with better ocb can test it out..
But essentially my idea is a slightly diffrent route in the black room. Making enough noise lures the first 3 guards out to kill... we then left strafe inbetween those silver things and black pillars.. kill the 4th guard ( i miss in my vid but i have had runs where they all die) then switch to right strafe and resume with normal WR Agent strat..

It seems slightly faster over all but the biggest time saver is possibly avoiding the backboost..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tuA9EZpV4A

Wodahs-Reklaw

• Wodahs
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2016, 01:51:02 pm »
well that might be good to use for the alternate glass lure (henrik one).

For the fast glass the guard that you use ran too far forward (and I will suspect he will do this almost 100% of the time) so it will be near impossible to sync the guards up for the fast glass lure because he will just end up spinning around in front of the mainframe.

interesting idea though

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2016, 04:28:15 am »

:nesquik:

might help for 53 if you get a nade and nat is not there. theoretically should save more time than weakening box with nade assuming box strat is perfectly executed? dunno
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:34:08 am by Grav »

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #189 on: September 06, 2016, 12:21:30 am »
after learning that theluge was going for 33 runway 00a, I had to check out his vids. Gotta say, great work. For some reason I could never quite get the far left drone from the plane. I'm glad you found a way. I love the setup for your throws as well, makes them pretty straightforward. However, I like to go overboard, so I figured I'd post my latest iteration of your strat.

Instead of getting to the plane, then doing the throws, I do the far right drone on my path to the plane, and do the far left drone as soon as I get to the plane.  This paces about 31, but I think I can push 30 out of it.

I think I miss the first drone and the battery in this run, but they work the way I do them, just messed up a bit of timing. I nailed the far left drone. I missed the far right drone, but only because I didn't prime the nade quite long enough.

I'm still fiddling with it, so I'll try to go more in depth when I work things out, but here's a vid of it for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3GGxdqfpkg&feature=youtu.be

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2016, 02:14:10 am »
Has anyone ever played around with luring this late guard on archives agent? I have no idea if he can boost you, but it looks like he could. Would probably create extra lag or something, but he's there, could add a boost.  I don't exactly know how to lure him consistently, this run just worked, although I got stuck after nat, so his position would've been slightly farther away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMimQ3_BZc&feature=youtu.be

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2016, 02:29:33 am »
r-leaning into the s1 agent hole while you shoot the 4th lock saves 0.1s compared to strafing assuming you use 1.2

pretty cuck strat but might be worth trying on a run with shit pace
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:36:49 am by Grav »

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2016, 02:45:42 am »
I forgot to add that some runs on arch, when I tried to lure that guard, it seemed to make the original guards that show up after nat, not show up? That description probably sucked, but here's a vid of it. the guards just aren't there. I presume they try to take a different path for some reason?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKbqg1yPUEc&feature=youtu.be

almost surely this boost/lure wastes time due to lag, but I wanted to mention it anyways.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2016, 05:45:01 am »
Here's an update to Runway 00a. This is the rough outline for what I believe can yield 28 if you're the luckiest person in the world.  All the throws I do in this run are basically legitimate. They're not exact by any means, but all the throws can be done from the places I throw from in this run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZQxeO1YDa0&feature=youtu.be

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2016, 11:15:56 am »
Messed around on Facility a bit, for the beginning. My main goal is to remove as much of that annoying OCB as I can ;)

For this, it's pretty much what it looks like. It's almost surely not faster, but you can still get open door pace, so maybe it's helpful for players who struggle to get the kills in the beginning on 00a? Might just be too gimmicky to be worth anything, but I had fun messing around with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWG33A3BUZg&feature=youtu.be

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2016, 11:27:36 am »
Messed around on Facility a bit, for the beginning. My main goal is to remove as much of that annoying OCB as I can ;)

:nesquik:

Cool strat. It's actually what we do on LTK runs. I did like your slap timing for the ending though.

What if instead you throw the mine when leaving the console area between the boxes (by the body armor) to kill guards for lag reduction, but still get the boost through the wall when heading down the halls? Likely slower I'd think?

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2016, 11:38:05 am »
Oh damn. I should've checked LTK. I usually search around on the forums, but didn't feel like it this time. Pretty cool it's used on LTK.

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2016, 11:51:05 am »
I guess technically this is just a variation of the classic invincibility-cheat strat where you mine the box. Pretty funny if that became a thing again (non-LTK).

Wodahs-Reklaw

• Wodahs
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »
I like the leave strat, it was something I was thinking of offhandedly in chat the other day. I think this should be standard because its better :p

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2016, 05:54:29 pm »
yeah, I heard a couple people talking about it in your chat I think, so I tried to figure out.  It seems to be just a bit over 2 slaps, if you slap at the precise moment the text box comes up. so it's pretty easy to adjust, if you slap early/late.  One thing that took me a bit, was my tendency to forget to stop before opening that door. had way too many accidental exits.