Author Topic: PD Strategy Discussion Topic  (Read 16058 times)

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: PD Strategy Discussion Topic
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2016, 12:30:36 am »
Here's another 2:10 dupe vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QarMJ9n4VWo

I'm waiting a bit more cinema now and killing the first skedar from far away (it's actually not too bad just need to shoot around 5-8 shots with good auto aim manipulation. I've done a high 14 Elvis a few times even with a pause buffer or 2 for the mauler shots.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2016, 08:07:53 am »
That's awesome, really excited to see where you end up with this!

You mention in the video description that you're getting Elvis to complete almost all the time; is there some new movement you're doing that's affecting that, or is it because of Jap? While Jap and PAL have similar mechanics in Goldeneye, it's much more like NTSC in Perfect Dark, so it'd be significant if it's a version difference.

2:11 on a 24 ending is hilarious. :rollin:

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2016, 09:36:49 pm »
I think Elvis/ending is like NTSC unfortunately, but the later cinema timing helps with Elvis completions with how I play anyway. I tried some with the normal early timing but I was having trouble with calling the 1st lift back up. I can't really see sub 15 starts with the early cinema timing or any advantage at all for JAP with the early timing.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2016, 12:28:40 am »
Karl's gonna work on this, see if it can save a second or two. basically just a different route at the very end of crash site PA. the jump is easy to do, the shot is terrible.  Either way, "new strat" I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SCc5gPuxIw&feature=youtu.be

It's pretty scary posting in a Perfect Dark Strategy topic Kappa

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2016, 03:00:04 am »
here's a vid of how I do the little hop or jump at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GvdopakmKk&feature=youtu.be

edit: I also made a clip of where I envisioned the last shot to be done from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BGd0FEkvjI&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:16:40 am by Discombobulator »

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2016, 03:19:54 am »
wow!
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2016, 08:13:03 am »
Oh wow, that jump! Brilliant idea!

I'm sure some visual cues will be figured out to take the shot, or at the very least, you could pause buffer. Fortunately the LX is a highly accurate weapon! :v

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2016, 12:27:54 pm »
Oh, that's genious. Such an easy thing to overlook. Very nice find!

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2016, 08:46:59 pm »
thanks guys. I'm still looking to break apart crash site in any way I can. For instance, do you guys think that this throw has any reason to be helpful? I use it to destroy two of the droids. It's also possible to throw it too far and kill the president....  I'm still working on trying to destroy the two droids that are in the open by the president, but I figured destroying the other two droids might be more useful, potentially on any of the difficulty levels.

At the end I highlight where the mine landed. it's the big paint splash on the wall. It would probably help if I understood how the strategies work on the different difficulties, but this could maybe be used to stay on the bike for longer on agent or secret agent. Possibly even allow the ability to do the glitch where you use jump over the hoverbike to land by the president. I don't know if that's faster or whatnot. Just figured I'd share this really difficult but neat looking throw with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvInKdIcJH0&feature=youtu.be

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2016, 09:18:14 pm »
Karl's gonna work on this, see if it can save a second or two.

I worked on it, just keep a look out at the WR feed for the next couple days see if anything pops up.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2016, 06:50:48 am »
Pretty neat, Jezz.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2016, 06:17:34 am »
So I was playing around on G5 today. I couldn't PR, so I decided to try to ruin it for everyone else, although just SA. Here's a vid of me deactivating the two laser grid buttons that are on the right side of the room. first one can be done pretty swiftly. I haven't put a bunch of time into optimizing the second one.

Note, the first one is done in double duck. the second one is done in single duck. These are just the way I figured out how to do them. it's very possible they can be done differently.

I don't know if it'd be faster to do it like this, but I figured I'd share it with people that are good at Perfect Dark to see if it's indeed faster, or whatever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yrzQAIg2XI

I was also able to deactivate the other one from the catwalk too, no crouches for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP96ZnhMucs&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: I was also able to do the other button in one crouch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd74H4msnA0&feature=youtu.be

EDIT 2: here's a decently fast 4th button hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdXOXk0y0-M
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:26:54 am by Discombobulator »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2016, 09:30:51 am »
Yup, very neat trick! I messed with that awhile back, but I'm pretty sure it's slower.

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2016, 12:29:01 pm »
I remember trying this in the past as well, but don't think I ever managed to hit the buttons. Nice job making it work :)

If Icy is right and it doesn't work save time on console, it'll at least be a neat (and cool looking) TAS strat.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2016, 03:28:20 pm »
interesting. I'd be quite surprised if it was slower actually. if you follow the strat normally, enter the room, kill the guard on the right as you go forward and hit the button, then turn towards the staircase, kill the guard and hit the button, then go around the catwalk like normal, do a single crouch, then instead of uncrouching do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E23-ycURnDk

that seems like it would go smoothly through that point, then of course there is the problem of the last button. I'm getting better at it, and I'm trying my best to do it fastly, but it's tough so far. Working out how joanna bounces up and down off that catwalk is hard to nail down, but I think it should be faster. I mean, skipping having to go to the right at all. In fact, you could probably do all three buttons from atop the catwalk, but maybe the second one would be slower.

I think ace and swiss or whoever was gonna play around with it.  As Ace noted, he's gonna get swiss to tie the record, then he'll untie it, then swiss will tie that untied, then ace will untie that, and gg fantasy league.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2016, 09:33:37 am »
I don't have a very good way of timing things, so this is the best I could do. This is a side by side comparison of how I currently envision the strategy. The comparison is of me on the left, and swiss's vid on the right (aces vid had a lot of extra stuff, so I just used swiss's, hope that's ok, I made it unlisted, just to be sure). Many things are wrong in this comparison. I don't kill any guards. I don't even shoot where the guards would be. I don't hit either of the last two buttons. This strategy is extremely difficult currently, and I haven't been able to put a full room together with all the bits and pieces. This is just to show how I was thinking this could be done. I'm curious as to how Icy timed the difference?

There's no timer, but the difference is just over one second, so it's pretty significant, even if I didn't do a lot of the required stuff. The only difference would be lag from shooting and killing guards, so whatever time loss that is.

I don't know how practical this strategy is, considering I have like 6-7 hours of playing around with it, and I haven't really come close to putting a run together. I feel like there's still a better way to hit the buttons, I just haven't figured it out.  Unfortunately, this level isn't surface 2, so I can't go out and get an untied to show it off. It'll have to be someone who's good at the level, to try and see if it's feasible or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBZz3olauuo&feature=youtu.be

This is probably the last time I fiddle around with this level for now. Going to put it to the side, think about it a bit, come back to it next month or something.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2016, 02:21:16 am »
messing around with the camspy warp on the first staircase in the catwalk room on g5. The only catch to this trick is to hold up on the thumbstick, so the camspy raises up, and you pick it up right away. I'm pretty sure it's significantly faster than doing backstrafe, and if you can get a clemens kill on the guard, it should be faster than strafing around the bend and up the staircase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO1s-lNaiAA&feature=youtu.be

a lot of time can be lost if you do it wrongly, but once you get the hang of how long to keep the camspy out, it's not too bad.

Discombobulator

• Randy Buikema
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2016, 04:04:26 am »
I'm sure that people have messed with this before, but that doesn't stop me. Time for some self boosting with boxes and elvises.

Now, this is my first iteration of boosting, and I'm sure some refinement will happen the more I play, so these vids are a bit "rough."

For escape, you can use elvis to give you some self boosts by releasing him and immediately catching him. I think the boosts save about .25 if done reasonably well. The first vid I have here, is just the main room, where I do four boosts, and is 1 second faster than Karl's untied start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxQ5sUe4Qn4

The second vid I have here is one where I show off doing a boost after killing the tranq guard, and attempt to do a boost right as I turn down the ramp, although I'm not sure I pull that second one off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c--6MRBmf9U

Somehow the sound didn't record for that one, but just to inform, I did the boost after the tranq guard after I switched to left strafe.

I suppose now I should try to explain how I have been able to do these with any sort of consistency. Well, I guess I should say that subtle movements seem to be key. So, I try to time the release of elvis right after I pass one of those pesky pillars. first boost I do is right as I exit the second door, but the other boosts I try to time it so that I'm pressing B to release elvis just as I pass a pillar, so I have a lot of time to adjust my strafe as to not get stuck on the next pillar. Now, the movement I do to keep elvis from going too out of control, is to do a very slight turn to the right, hit B to release, then as fast as I can, hit B again to catch, and immediately start swerving gently to the left. So slight turn right, double B press, immediate slight turn left.

This isn't a trick you're going to figure out by trying it for 10 minutes. after several hours, I still don't have it down to a science, but even if you do one single boost, you're still going to gain about .25 seconds, which is pretty significant. It's also possible to do many more than 4 boosts in the hall, but I haven't figured out how to do it reliably, where I actually have control over Elvis at the end of it.

I'm sure that explanation was pretty meh, and the vids are pretty meh, but I think about 3 people ever will actually use this to their advantage, so it's fine for now.

Now, the other level I noticed that had a catch and release item is Rescue. The box in the beginning can offer some wild speed if used correctly.  I guess you can wait extra cinema and use some self box boosts to get to the first lift faster than you normally can. I have a vid of me attempting it, and I miss the warp, but you should get the idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovkSP1CgJkw

Just grabbing the box in the beginning is faster than shoving it aside, or going around it. In that vid I did three small boosts after I turned the corner. It's also possible to go crazy, spamming B and getting tons of boosts, but controlling the box, and also being able to let go of the box so you can hit B to close the lift, is pretty tough. There's also a slight chance that a guard will blow the box up, but it didn't happen too often to me. The most time I was able to save just getting to the end of the first lift was 1.3 seconds, but I wasn't able to shut the lift correctly.

I'm not exactly sure of the physics behind these boosts. I'm not sure what actually gives the best boost. It's possible that the sharper you turn, the more speed you'll get from the boost. it's hard for me to tell. This is kind of the "rough draft" for self boosting with boxes.

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2016, 03:37:55 pm »
Deep Sea PA

This is a strat I found a year ago. The idea is to take out 2 of the green canisters with 1 shot by doing a quick lock-on zoom on the guard that's near the window where you can see the big room below (a couple sec in the vid).  I believe it's around 1s saved vs normal strat (1 less FS to do but you lose full speed to set up the zoom amount and line up both canisters as you enter the teleporter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYXHCNC1t54

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »
G5 PA

Crossbow Strat from about 1 1/2 months ago for those that want to try it. It's not really faster than the normal way but might be easier for non top tier G5 players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJFa5U3oTUk

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2016, 10:16:27 am »
Lovely idea. Surprised this hasn't been proposed before (?), given how long that glitch has been known. Seems like it could be faster? Though I have no actual data to back that up.

How does this affect guards/alarm?

Time was untied when set.

• Dat clutchness
    • Clemens
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2016, 03:10:17 am »
Did a quick look at tts  and it looks to be 4 or 5 seconds slower. The basement doesn't take as much time as you'd think. We only lose 9.5 seconds to sa. Do you really think it's realistic to get from the top, glitch to basement and make it up without setting alarm in less than even 9.5 seconds? Keep in mind you'll need to kill likely 3 alarm guards,
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 03:16:30 am by Time was untied when set. »
teh peoples champ

• Dat clutchness
    • Clemens
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2016, 03:21:10 am »
The best place to find a time save is 2nd room. If you think about it it's the biggest waste of time in the level.and it's super troll. Finding a way to warp out or something would be amazing
teh peoples champ

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2016, 05:29:52 am »
Guess my math was way off lol.

I've looked into the 2nd room several times over the years, and I don't think a big improvement is very realistic. There's basically 3 options: Faster guard kills, glitch out, or alert a guard to open the door.

Guard kills seems very difficult to improve, I've tried a bunch of different options and nothing turned out faster. Glitching is unlikely as well, since we already did the 0 collision radius tests (maybe another camspy glitch could do it? Would be amazing to glitch into the basement right after first room lol. Though it probably requires a platform above you).  Alerting a guard is unlikely as well, since the guard is super slow to actually open it.

• Dat clutchness
    • Clemens
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2016, 10:39:08 pm »
I figured as much . Can't find any logical strat  to skip 2nd room but it would be nice
teh peoples champ

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2016, 02:56:54 am »
marking start of new crash site PA ending strategy discussion with these references:

Full overhead map of Crash Site (with Objectives labelled):

Example of OoB ending by Boss:

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2016, 05:02:06 pm »
I did a bunch of testing and found nothing useful. Couple of facts though: you can lure out and save the President by going far enough around the UFO, you can shoot the clone, and you can also freeze the game if you go too far (I imagine the game flips out when your coords reach abnormal values). I found nothing at all on Infiltration.

I also agree with Boss that the long route into the OoB strat could be good for point farming if proven to be more consistent, but I think his 1:51 route would still be best until around ~1:58ish.

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2016, 12:36:43 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAZSaaaJ_WQ

Lots of 2nd half practice on CS PA here. I'll try to compare all these endings to the 1:48 tomorrow or so to see how much time can potentially be cut off. None of these runs used a yolo mine throw, so that could be another 1-2s potential gain. Also anyone with PAL should mess around with this strat to see how that works vs NTSC.

wheatrich

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2016, 03:03:27 am »
I'm presuming opposite order still isn't faster then (ie pres doesn't warp or hit an MBR like pixel to complete it sooner)

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2016, 05:35:48 am »
Cass completes on MBR when she reaches a certain height. The President completes when he reaches an X/Y area near the UFO. He also will run to that area when he reaches a wider area surrounding it.

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2016, 12:46:24 am »
Here's a vid showing that you can lure the keycard guy out on Rescue. Not sure if can actually save time on SA/PA yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkFq4Qnzl8I

Wouter Jansen

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2016, 06:02:10 am »
Could it be faster to do the pres lure on A/SA and throw the mine after?
sexy, this

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2016, 11:35:58 pm »

It's worth a look. I think with an insane start it could be surprising close to the same speed, but the main issue is how long the mine takes to get down there then you still need to wait another 2s to complete.

Not Jimmy Bauer

« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2016, 12:27:46 am »
Insane how long you've had the same forum avatar for mate. Hasn't it been like 15 years?

Lark

• EspaƱol learner
    • Lark
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2016, 12:37:35 am »
No, Wouter used to have that avatar .Gif of the dancing banana. Yes, you read that correctly.
Embrace the grind.

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2016, 10:15:31 am »

It's worth a look. I think with an insane start it could be surprising close to the same speed, but the main issue is how long the mine takes to get down there then you still need to wait another 2s to complete.

With the same start pace as your PA wr run it yields a 1:16 at best. So basically you need a 2 sec quicker pres lure. I tried for 2 hours and only got 1 1:16 pace pres lure. If you can kinda yolo the pres a bit you can get 1:14 pace. The issue is that the pres doesn't leave the cave quick enough so you have to wait for him. Unless you can get an insane pres out of the cave, which may technically be the same odds as getting a 1:14 pace press the old way.

Conclusion: I can get to the clone and kill him 1:14 pace pretty easy. Requires you to wait for pres only once (first place you normally wait) then strafing to that line where the pres will run to the ship. But when I do this he doesn't leave the cave quick enough and turns back around when I pass him.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:08 am »
It seems like no matter what every 5ish sec the Pres will check your location again. He has to be within 5 sec of the finish line when you leave the spot for any chance to complete. I'll give this strat a go today since I only have 116/127. I likely won't ever play it the old way again because it's pretty awful.

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2016, 01:58:19 am »
Here's some stuff for Skedar Ruins. See comments for each vid of what's going on. I haven't determined how much time (if any) that any of these strats save.

Big Bossman - Skedar Ruins - Double Pillar Shot Test 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIJ4c20CIPU

Big Bossman - Skedar Ruins - Double Pillar Shot Test 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjXzQjPQ7Y

Big Bossman - Skedar Ruins - Offering From Above Setup Test 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjKG2r9HoxA

Big Bossman - Skedar Ruins - Offering From Above Setup Test 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCd7wOFNa1c

Big Bossman - Skedar Ruins - Offering From Above No Cheats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH5v6VJqtn8

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2016, 03:19:18 am »
Here's some stuff for an untied for whoever wants one.
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2016, 05:40:04 am »
Nice ideas! It's good to have a more direct link to those old findings of the pillar breaks, and awesome to see the sacrifice from above. Looks to be way too slow at the moment though.

How feasible would a quadruple pillar break be, by doing 2x double breaks in one stunning of the Boss?

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
Nice ideas! It's good to have a more direct link to those old findings of the pillar breaks, and awesome to see the sacrifice from above. Looks to be way too slow at the moment though.

How feasible would a quadruple pillar break be, by doing 2x double breaks in one stunning of the Boss?

I dunno if you have enough time to break all 4 at once given how precise the shots are for the top 2, but it's certainly worth looking into. It would take the mauler completely out of play for sure.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2017, 05:44:52 pm »
Guessing this would be the equiv to the GE questions topic for PD;

I have a question about the Skedar Army objective. Why do you Calisto the last guy instead of use that last Devastator shell on him? Do the kills have to be done in a certain time frame/would he run out of his pod before the shell would blow up or something? Guessing if that were the case you'd switch back to primary function though...

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • my Perfect Dark times page
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2017, 06:15:42 pm »
The way the level was really to be completed was blowing up a wall with the devastator, apparently the programmers did not count in any other way of beating the level which made them decide that if you run out of devastator nades you would not be able to beat the level because you would not be able to gain access to a certain area. So thus since you can't get any nades or other explosives in the level they made it so that wasting all devastator nades auto fails the mission.

The glitch they hadn't counted into this is what has been used for ages, and that is like 20sec into the level where someone discovered that if you stick close to the wall after that little ledge you can keep walking along the wall and completely avoiding the intended route where you'd have to blow up a wall.

Jimbo

• Elite Historian
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2017, 08:09:06 pm »
The way the level was really to be completed was blowing up a wall with the devastator, apparently the programmers did not count in any other way of beating the level which made them decide that if you run out of devastator nades you would not be able to beat the level because you would not be able to gain access to a certain area. So thus since you can't get any nades or other explosives in the level they made it so that wasting all devastator nades auto fails the mission.

The glitch they hadn't counted into this is what has been used for ages, and that is like 20sec into the level where someone discovered that if you stick close to the wall after that little ledge you can keep walking along the wall and completely avoiding the intended route where you'd have to blow up a wall.

There's a built in way to get the Phoenix before that wall without cheats, so the programmers in this case were just stupid and unfair.

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2017, 08:54:21 pm »

There's a built in way to get the Phoenix before that wall without cheats, so the programmers in this case were just stupid and unfair.

:nesquik:

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2017, 11:38:28 pm »
Ahh, yeah I remember how that wall had to be broken and such. It ISN'T like Rescue then where you can destroy the box and still complete the objective, I take it..

Cool. Thanks for the info!

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2017, 12:01:36 am »
You can also blow it up from the other side to change it to incomplete with a slayer if needed.

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2017, 06:49:09 am »
Omg Flicker, I'm pumped to see the successful unfailed-series being continued.

Nicely explained Illu!

tehmasta

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2017, 04:48:35 pm »
Ahh, yeah I remember how that wall had to be broken and such. It ISN'T like Rescue then where you can destroy the box and still complete the objective, I take it..

Cool. Thanks for the info!

funny huh? we're so used to speedrunning and wrapping around that corner  we forget all about how you're SUPPOSED to play the damn level.  :p

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2017, 08:01:38 pm »
Stupid idea: when you get the Callisto at the start of War and use the penetrating shells, it might be possible to kill the first king from above through the closed door leading to the glass bridge. Maybe one can just barely hit his foot with perfect alignment. However i couldn't do it when I tried briefly. Maybe closed doors cannot be penetrated in PD? (like Caverns SA old strat, where you need the keycard when doing obj.C with the AR33)