Author Topic: Weekly/Bi-Weekly 'Eye for A Run'  (Read 491 times)

Ogran

• Lookup
    • Ogran
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
Weekly/Bi-Weekly 'Eye for A Run'
« on: January 17, 2016, 02:34:07 AM »
Huzzah, the first official Eye for a Run has concluded! Peaking at 22 viewers & 14 contestants the event was met with great applause.  :kappa://

The concept is simple: I play a video, everyone has to guess what the final time is. I'll look to get a vod made if anyone is interested further - it's a fun game to play with m8s.

Matthew "Birdie88" Burden rose above the rest to escape the 3-way tie on the final round, pushing in front of Luke and Alec by correctly predicting Graham Morris' Caverns 00A 1:48.

Final Scores:

An earlier 'test' showing was opened to the public earlier on in the day and while garnered 10 entrants - was a bit rough around the edges but helped get the hoooooip train started.
Stats from this event are posted below for completeness:

sakuya: 2
zzz: 1
luke:    3
red:   5
justin: 4
terrible: 2
swiss: 3
ryker   : 2
dttd   : 2
spag   : 0

If you have any suggestions for future games, please leave them below. I'll look at seeing if a quiz-bot can be used to make the point scoring easier & different categories (LTK, PD, GE)  will be added for some variety.

Will try and get one/two done every week - depending on how many people would like to participate.
Here in and of the dark, our city, it's streets and walls
Here we live, we are, inside our homes and malls

Spagooda

• GE
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
Re: Weekly/Bi-Weekly 'Eye for A Run'
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:54:23 PM »
Yeah, a chat bot or simple webapp would take a lot of strain off of you. Plus, it would allow for a more complex scoring system. Say, a dead-on guess is 2 points, while being 1 second off either direction is 1 point. Being the first person to guess dead on would be a bonus point. The "Guess the Runner" bonus round would be cool, but it's pretty random.