Author Topic: [DATA] Miscellaneous Statistics Thread  (Read 25798 times)

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: [DATA] Miscellaneous GoldenEye Statistics Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2016, 09:51:47 pm »
I think in my PA run I only did the 1 required pause. :) RTA is actually pretty amazing in PD and should be more played.

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2016, 11:56:04 pm »
Extreme example:
Pauses in my Maian SOS DLTK 3:09 - 5 (3 as buffers, 1 quick reload, 1 for quick consistent switch to disarm at the end)
Pauses in Boss' Maian SOS DLTK 3:05 - 115

That's 110 pauses to save 4 seconds. Although most of those pauses in 3:05 didnt lose time due to lift cycles, they were unnecessary and just used to increase consistency and get a completion without grinding for days, whereas in 3:09 I just grinded it until everything came together without caring how long it took, and obviously my run is way more appealing.

If you consider that, over 100 pauses in a 3 minute run, then 160 isn't even that much for a 13 minute run in Attack Ship.

Next, we have this little back and forth.

I can side with both people here. In 2014, I put in hours upon hours of time grinding ILs and any% in Shadows of the Empire, a game with only 2 other competent runners, and I achieved the any% WR and 7/10 IL records. (I wouldve gotten at least 2 more IL records if I had a Hori controller)

But Jezz is also completely correct. Perfect Dark is a game in which speedrunning takes EXTENSIVE knowledge. A major symbol of this is the player Icy, although he is not the only example of this. Icy describes himself as a Perfect Dark enthusiast, but also a perma-noob. He's taken up a post as a 'gatekeeper to the top' at Perfect Dark's 12th rank, edging out Vitor who has yet to play with new strats on MBR or Deep Sea A/SA on PAL, meanwhile Swiss sits at 15th, only 267 points below Icy, with 9 unplayed levels.
My point here is that, due to Perfect Dark being underplayed, you can become highly ranked without actually being "good" and just using every possible piece of knowledge. Although, most of the knowledge is not readily available, and is usually obtained by a player just imitating videos without much success until they discover their problems. Recently this has been changing with such things as written guides and amazing video tutorials. Streaming on Twitch also is a great way to gain knowledge as other players might see something unoptimal and point it out to you in chat. It seems like many people avoid asking questions for whatever reason, probably because there wasnt a great place to receive immediate answers, but now we have Discord and stream chats. I firmly believe that once a knowledge pool is formed and readily available, Perfect Dark will become much more popular.

What gets me a bit salty is something Luke said in discord:

...saying this after just looking at the ranks without watching any vids is quite presumptuous. Obviously I cant deny that Boss IS better than me with his knowledge and experience, but I think my overall control is very underestimated.

In conclusion:
Unnecessary pausing loses time in Perfect Dark and will eventually be abolished when it reaches GE levels of optimization. Speech skipping, single-frame camspy movement, quick-drawing weapons, and any other pause related tricks just add to the depth of the game, which is why Jezz said "it makes it better"
If waiting cinema is an irk to you, I suggest streaming and chatting to viewers, watching a stream/TV show/movie on the side, or just grab a drink and take a sip.
If you ever want to try PD without the pausing, play Extraction A, Villa A/SA, or WAR A

[/rant]

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2016, 12:01:12 am »
-Yes I know PD is still the more complex/deep/skillful game.

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2016, 12:08:45 am »
I don't really get the post. You basically just defend perfect dark as a good game that is underplayed (relative to GE) which is something I admit easily. You try to convince me that pausing 160 times in a single level isnt that bad, and that maybe in several years (probably decades) PD wont make your eyes bleed when you watch it. Currently having only 20% of the entire game free from severe pausing degeneracy isn't very encouraging.

Also the cinema shit was just extra stats I collected while I was counting pauses. I was not making any statement with it really.

It's been 16 years and PD is what it is now. You could write the most extensive guides in the history of speedrunning but the activity of the game will always be a function of initial interest of new players and sustained interest of veteran players. As evidenced by GE, people don't give a literal fuck about tuts and guides if they aren't already wanting to play the level. Forgive me if I am skeptical that a PD revolution is just around the corner that will purge all the nonsense in one fell swoop.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:17:50 am by Grav »

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2016, 12:39:47 am »
I ended up losing focus and going to a tangent that was pretty irrel, but still wanted to post my opinions, knowing I wont sway you.

You try to convince me that pausing 160 times in a single level isnt that bad, and that maybe in several years (probably decades) PD wont make your eyes bleed when you watch it. Currently having only 20% of the entire game free from severe pausing degeneracy isn't very encouraging.

I meant the ratio of pauses to game time isn't that bad, when compared to my extreme example and probably many other DLTK levels. I was saying this mainly in response to Luke's curiosity about the amount of pauses in LTK.

My post isn't meant to attack your opinions directly, but its more of a reprisal to anyone who reads your post without seeing the opposing argument.

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2016, 12:43:05 am »
That's fine no worries

By the way, I don't mean to target any individual player that uses pause buffering if by chance I ever seemed like I was doing so. It would be retarded not to use it considering it is allowed by the PD community (of which I am not a part of) and gives you an advantage in most levels as they stand today.

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2016, 02:36:02 am »
@Flicker

I watch the runs. No, I haven't watched every single PD LTK/DLTK run as of today, to do that I would have to quit my job. But I'm familiar with how most active players play including you and Boss. I don't think anyone would argue against Boss having a higher OCJ, which is not something I say disrespectfully to you, but something that is just (currently) a fact. I also can't speak for every single level but made my comment "generally" - the fact that Boss steamrolled LTK/DLTK supported his OCJ, not the other way around.

But yes you are absolutely right in that by isolating OCJ rather than listing experience, knowledge, dedication etc may have helped paint my comment in a negative light. 

I was surprised to see that my comment in discord made you salty so I thought a post to elaborate would be worthwhile.
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2016, 02:44:06 am »
One other thing,

As much as I agree that Perfect Dark, at least on the surface is more knowledge intensive than Goldeneye and that by being an enthusiast + noob you can make it further up the ranks than you would manage in Goldeneye, the #1 reason for this is how much less competitive PD is than Goldeneye.
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2016, 03:02:52 am »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2016, 05:56:30 am »
Fun discussion! :v As said, the fact of the matter is pausing is better for getting good times, and is worse for the aesthetics of the run. It's unfortunate how strong it is, but that's part of the game.

The thing with LTK is that naturally, you are losing full speed and also time through the delay with each pause, so in theory, full optimization is with as little as possible pauses. I don't think the skill levels will ever reach that point though. You have to remember that of all the countless games out there and the countless ways to play them, Perfect Dark (and Goldeneye) are quite fortunate to still be actively pushed at all these days. Pretty much everything else dies and is forgotten, which is one of the big reasons our community is special. The amount of hours it would take to decently optimize any game far outweighs the amount of free time and interest most people have. It's definitely one of the big reasons Grav is an awesome speedrunner and a lot of people (myself included) have a lot of respect for him in pushing his games, since he's not only flaunting extreme talent and dedication, but also getting a WR that is objectively actually good, relative to what's possible. Perfect Dark LTK probably isn't going to go much further, but relative to most games (especially since it's just a side league), the 4-5 waves of players lowering the WR times is a ton already. It's why I decided to write about it here.

I personally have been enjoying pushing Cruis'n USA lately. Getting two IL WRs in my first two days is pretty fun. :v Likewise with many other games, there's like 3 (mostly 1) other players who are moderately competent and I can see so much potential for time cuts. Playing it has allowed me to go full lab rat mode, which is probably my favorite aspect of speedrunning. It's a great motivation to push myself further than I normally would, even moreso than I have with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

bke16

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2016, 09:59:00 am »
I can see how Luke's comment could have triggered Kyle. It's an insult to one of the very few people who has constantly been finding new tricks on LTK levels and lowering a lot of the LTK/DLTK time. I can assert that Flicker is a good PD LTK player from the little competition I had with him when playing Maian LTK and Rescue DLTK even though I greatly despite the extra 4,000,000 pause buffers he does during his runs. :nesquik:
Live stream daily for 8 hours at: www.twitch.tv/swissrollz

AceCorp CEO | GE/PD speedrunner | Pop Music aficionado | Turncoat Trio Member | Certified Dam SA Instructor

bke16

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2016, 10:25:12 am »
PD - 600 (Six Hundred)

Instantly reminded me of

AceCorp CEO | GE/PD speedrunner | Pop Music aficionado | Turncoat Trio Member | Certified Dam SA Instructor

bke16

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2016, 11:12:01 am »
I have a problem with this post. He doesn't take an average (top 3 records on the level for example would have been more precise) and I bet he doesn't even take the harmonic mean which would have mitigated the effects of extreme runs which are probably more existent in PD runs. Also, a pause in PD takes hardly any time while one for GE takes at least 4 seconds. It would have been nice if that was accounted for given the previous statistics were in measured in seconds too. And he doesn't even account for pauses per level duration which is clearly an oversight given how much longer PD levels are.

Basically what I'm saying is that his statistics seem a little deceptive and biased which isn't really a surprise anyway. "PD pausing is indefensible and ruins the game" WTF. This is very surprising coming from an intelligent fellow like Grav and I'm not buying he wasn't being serious in that comment. Makes Jezz seem so much more sensible.

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2016, 02:34:59 pm »
No, I really mean it is indefensible. I want to drive an ice pick into my eyes when I watch G5 or something.

The average PD pause is 1 second long and average GE pause is 4 seconds. i used that to post how many levels had more total pause time than silo 00A. yes I didn't adjust for level length, but honestly I dont think I should. the issue isn't weapon switch pauses (though these certainly dont help PDs cause), which would be very dispersed. the issue is pause buffering which are always concentrated into big clumps. the raw total matters here because every single instance is something REALLY bad looking. perhaps i should have just documented only pause buffering, but you are right in that i wanted to make a point by displaying the data the way i did

If I had to guess what % of pauses in PD were pause buffers, I would say at least 60-70%.

Side note: HUGE props to the mischief makers community for banning pause buffering despite their community using it for several years
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:41:59 pm by Grav »

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2016, 02:52:09 pm »
Look, to me pausing in a game timed speedrun always seems harmless at first, especially to a 16 year old community that had no way to have the foresight to know how much pausing could be abused at the time. I don't blame any community for using it just because it's always been allowed. The thing is though, even ignoring the lunacy of intentional unforced pausing of the game timer in a game time run (see: pausing a real time timer in a real time speedrun), there can be an argument made for banning pause buffering JUST on the aesthetics/fun/etc.

Do you ever wonder why so many game communities ban passwords or cheats in their games for RTA? Why should they? It's part of the game. Why not just load the game, put in the password to warp to the credits, and hit the final split? I thought the point of speedrunning was to go as fast as you could using the tools the developers gave you in the game. The answer is because its not fun at all for either the runner or the viewer, so an arbitrary condition was made to disallow these things in runs. Clearly this is a more extreme example than pause buffering, but the logic is similar. "This is allowed by the game, so why not use it when it can make us go faster?"

I apologize if I seem arrogant to especially PD players as somebody who has never even speedran the game in any capacity. My goal was not to dictate how I think the community should be ran. I just think it can NEVER hurt to bring up a conversation topic that people just have taken for granted or forgotten about. People who actually play PD can and will take in the information and do what they want with it. Considering the preference for accurate rankings and people definitely not wanting to backroll 1000 times, I imagine PD will never ban it. I'm aware of this, but I still think its worthwhile to bring this up anyway.

EDIT: I guess I am passionate about this kind of stuff because I have seen other communities fall off the deep end with increasingly dumb things that just creep into their game one tiny bit at a time, and as a result it takes away from the full potential of the game as a competitive platform and viewer spectacle. Consider Ocarina of Time Any%, which now uses as their primary platform an inaccurate emulator while using a glitch that is literally NOT POSSIBLE on the original version of the game. Seems really dumb on the surface right? How could a community allow such a thing? The answer is almost always a slow creep of ever so slightly dumber things that the community accepts because of a lack of foresight. If Ocarina of Time runners in 2006 knew the state of the game in 2016, I almost guarantee you they would go the route of SM64 and just keep their game exclusive to N64 version.

I'm not suggesting PD is anywhere this bad. The pausing thing was just a single decision (or lack thereof) made ages ago, and it is hardly an existential threat to the future life of the game today. I just think it would be better without it, but again I'm just an outsider.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:08:29 pm by Grav »

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2016, 03:23:27 pm »
maybe someone could program a script which detects pausing while rendering a vid and removes and pausing, so the run plays without the pausing. this might just look really weird though.

TBH I don't even hate the pausing I just like the stats. I like watching guys like Swiss who can pause crazy fast in G5.
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Joshua Nash

• I sell propane and propane accessories.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2016, 03:24:02 pm »
I know this is sort of off topic but how much better would the times be on Blast Corps if they allowed pause buffering? I'm just curious.

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2016, 03:32:18 pm »
I know this is sort of off topic but how much better would the times be on Blast Corps if they allowed pause buffering? I'm just curious.

the same person who ruined much of mischief makers with pause buffering also tried to do it with blast corps. it would make every single level in the game unplayable.

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOGlZ_MlLkc

this person only paused once at the end of the level, but what happens is pausing makes the game timer stop but buildings that are in the process of being destroyed still continue blowing up until they are gone. so any building you destroyed just before pausing would create all the lag it normally does while you are paused... thus saving the tenth or two per building of lag you normally would have had while the timer is running. thankfully, the runners at the time (in 2010, this is impressive) knew that this could be abused badly so they banned it. if it were allowed today, you would pause just after destroying every building in the game. 10 second levels would have 45 second videos.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:11:46 pm by Grav »

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2016, 05:01:03 pm »
game got TWINE'd
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Wouter Jansen

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2016, 06:47:54 pm »
Liking the stats.

My POV on the pausing: it feels like watching a TAS being made, especially when it's done efficiently, which is a positive to me. it being slower when inefficient is amazing as well because that will help balance the pausing on the way to optimizing it as we all love to do.
sexy, this

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2016, 08:53:43 pm »
I can see how Luke's comment could have triggered Kyle. It's an insult to one of the very few people who has constantly been finding new tricks on LTK levels and lowering a lot of the LTK/DLTK time. I can assert that Flicker is a good PD LTK player from the little competition I had with him when playing Maian LTK and Rescue DLTK even though I greatly despite the extra 4,000,000 pause buffers he does during his runs. :nesquik:

Spoiler
iT wAsN't aN iNsUlT iT wAs A cOmPlImEnT tO bOsS' LtK / dLtK rAmPaGe I tHoUgHt I mAdE mYsElF qUiTe ClEaR iN mY pOsT.

iF tHiS iS wHaT cOuNtS aS aN iNsUlT iN 2016 tHeN gOd HeLp Us AlL   
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2016, 08:58:50 pm »
lold

Joshua Nash

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2016, 09:38:38 am »
So aside from it looking ugly would it save time or is it the same as zooming out?

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2016, 10:29:23 am »
it would save between like maybe 1 frame to 0.2s or so for every single building in the game, depending on the building and level.

bke16

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2016, 11:21:01 am »

Spoiler
iT wAsN't aN iNsUlT iT wAs A cOmPlImEnT tO bOsS' LtK / dLtK rAmPaGe I tHoUgHt I mAdE mYsElF qUiTe ClEaR iN mY pOsT.

iF tHiS iS wHaT cOuNtS aS aN iNsUlT iN 2016 tHeN gOd HeLp Us AlL   
This seems hypocritical coming from the guy who thought I was "taking a jab" at him when I simply mentioned Clemens' 1:13 being a really low decimal and clear 1:12 robbery.

Perhaps insult was a too extreme word, but my point is that I, you and others should be able to understand how a statement like that could make someone feel salty.

Joshua Nash

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2016, 11:57:34 am »
wow I'm glad its not used. I would rather just zoom out

bke16

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2016, 02:36:34 pm »
I thought the point of speedrunning was to go as fast as you could using the tools the developers gave you in the game.
Alright, fair definition. Pausing seems like a useful tool. In PD, it's not a shit tool that you can abuse every other second to gain a massive advantage like some other games (TWINE comes to mind). What do I mean by massive advantage? Something that helps you get a better time with close to zero effort, which is what pause buffering would seem like and actually is in some games. In fact in PD pause buffering is such an insignificant part of a speedrun that doing a hundred pause buffers would have zero or a negative impact for an average joe trying to get a WR or a better run than expected, disregarding (D)LTK. There are other important things to focus on. But you know what? I actually think PD pausing is still an art and I'll come to that in a bit. But before we continue I would like to know what exactly you seem by pause "buffering" because you aren't clear with that and then throw around stats like 60-70% of the game involves some form of it.

No, I really mean it is indefensible. I want to drive an ice pick into my eyes when I watch G5 or something.
I don't think you can relate to the game, i.e. you don't truly know what's going on even if you think the game is similar to GE. A fair assumption to make since you've probably played very little if any of it. First off, G5 is an extremely skill-demanding level (somewhat comparable to Facility in GE, and I know what I'm talking about because I'm good at both) and the recent pauses only make the records more challenging because 1) you need to know how to do these one-frame pauses which is not easy to understand from just watching a run 2) you need to know where and when exactly to pause. G5, for example, is very enjoyable to the people who are familiar with it, probably moreso than any GE level. You might not like it, which is fine - but don't go around saying it "ruins" the game because that's a very nonsensical statement. "severe pausing degeneracy" in 80% of the game... what? Lol. Please stop exaggerating.

For the rest of that post, I'll just say this again: the pauses will probably seem bad if you're not familar with the game. There's very few scenarios where I think it is actually vexing, like Defection PA and even then I'd disagree somewhat. Knowing when and where to pause in that level is an art and once you understand how to do that you can get away with the pause section within half a minute. Suddenly the level isn't so bad anymore and you can cake good points and be ahead of everyone else because you know this useful subtle trick. It's part of what makes the game good in my opinion. I and other good players make calculated estimates for pause "buffering" sections with the timer to minimize wasted real-time and then every other minor pause for gun/device switching is muscle memory and takes close to nothing so those are irrelevant. Not ONCE have I actually been irritated by any pause in PD. Meanwhile you can get shot to death when pausing in GE which is far worse.

I don't think you appear arrogant but I'm just trying to argue against what I think is a very wrong view in PD. What do you think would be good? No pausing at all? That's fine and something we do on RTA runs but pausing doesn't make a difference when it comes to the skill required to get a good record and you then you throw this arbitrary, vague reasoning on why you personally want to exclude it which every top PD player would probably disagree with.

Joshua Nash

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2016, 02:56:18 pm »
Meanwhile you can get shot to death when pausing in GE which is far worse.
I hate when this happens :mad:

spec BFR player

• what up
    • Spec
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2016, 03:31:05 pm »
WHO DELETED MY POST?
Speedrun Times
Chat highlights not embed so that forums don't get clogged:
http://i.imgur.com/HPNYJKM.png
http://i.imgur.com/jDB72Q1.png

"Part of what makes a shitpost good is that it contains Truth."

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2016, 06:33:02 pm »
I just think it can NEVER hurt to bring up a conversation topic that people just have taken for granted or forgotten about. People who actually play PD can and will take in the information and do what they want with it.

Did you follow any previous debates about change for the better (e.g., about Duel or proven ranks)? Whenever a good discussion among active guys emerges, the conservative elite lurkers come out of the woodwork to fight for the holy commandments of the ancient church of Ngamer by bashing any innovative proposal. They turn the discussion to peripheral topics like historical rankings accuracy, grandfathering, and implications for side leagues, thus killing all innovative spirit of the initial discussion. Then a mod arbitrarily deletes some posts (cf. above) and announces along the lines of "alright kids you had your fun, thread closed, everything stays as it is".

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2016, 06:36:43 pm »
the conservative elite lurkers come out of the woodwork to fight for the holy commandments of the ancient church of Ngamer by bashing any innovative proposal

they are going to hate me then  :nesquik:

i am very stubborn and i have a LOT of ideas that would be piss easy to implement and would do nothing but good... but i must say the hoops you have to jump through to get even one word changed in a proof policy seems pretty steep. it wont stop me from posting about the shit i care about though

#VoteGrav2017

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2016, 09:13:03 pm »
the conservative elite lurkers come out of the woodwork to fight for the holy commandments of the ancient church of Ngamer by bashing any innovative proposal

they are going to hate me then  :nesquik:

i am very stubborn and i have a LOT of ideas that would be piss easy to implement and would do nothing but good... but i must say the hoops you have to jump through to get even one word changed in a proof policy seems pretty steep. it wont stop me from posting about the shit i care about though

#VoteGrav2017

#MakeForumsGreatAgain  :kappa:

But really, Scott's literally showed you what needs to be done to implement new ideas....
I'm also completely willing to type up a draft over my break here (ugh finally a break) and get as much review as possible with everyone so we can all be satisfied with it.
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2016, 11:29:53 pm »
Ace is correct.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

Joshua Nash

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2016, 10:53:30 am »

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2016, 03:44:15 pm »
All of the names (including variations) with at least 4 players on the GE ranks:

20 Players (Jonathan, Michael)
Spoiler
Jonathan
João Andrade
Johan Moulard
John Aceti
John Beck
John Doe
John Horton
John Kaleta
John Lewis
John Potter
John Selder
Jon Bearder
Jon Dempsey
Jon T
Jonathan Arce
Jonathan Arce
Jonathan Atkinson
Jonathan Crevel
Jonathan Hotinski
Jonathan Machado
Jonathan Rydström

Michael
Michael Anthony
Michael Burden
Michael Coe
Michael Dolejsi
Michael Gantt
Michael Gill
Michael Ilioski
Michael Jester
Michael K.
Michael Maguire
Michael Moore
Michael Nielsen
Michael Rickers
Mikael Axelson
Mike F.
Mike Gaydeski
Mike H
Mike Martin
Mike McKim
Mike S

18 Players (Matthew, Alexander)
Spoiler
Matthew
Matt A.
Matt August
Matt Cook
Matt Faber
Matt Hammonds
Matt Hedding
Matt Leto
Matt Levet
Matt Orman
Matt Sefo
Matthew Barker
Matthew Burden
Matthew Craker
Matthew Kazuk
Matthew Williams
Matthew Yakobina
Matthijs ten Ham
Matthijs Triep

Alexander
Alec McDonald
Alex Anderson
Alex Apostolovski
Alex Carvalho
Alex Ferguson
Alex Haitz
Alex Hernandez
Alex Hollingsworth
Alex James
Alex Londos
Alex Stubbs
Alex Walfrand
Alexander Groeneveld
Alexander Hortlund
Alexander Kuvalanka
Alexandre Billon
Alexandre Gimenez
Alexandru Balahura

14 Players (James, Stephen, David, Marcus)
Spoiler
James
James Dalziel
James Howard
James Plunkett
James Register
James Schofield
James Scuzzarella
James Taylor
Jameson Blade
Jim Barrett
Jim Desmond
Jim Eglinton
Jim Hays
Jim Söderlund
Jimmy Bauer

Stephen
Stefan Glosby
Stefan Mahrla
Stefan Persson
Stefano Amodei
Stephen Chan
Steve B.
Steve Foy
Steve Henning
Steve Johnson
Steve Rosborough
Steven Demovic
Steven Haley
Steven Rhodes
Steven Zwartjes

David
David Boyle
David Clemens
David Cliff
David Fourn
David Gibbons
David Gonzales
David Greenaway
David Klos
David Raymond
David Reavis
David Shepherd
David Silverlind
David Veach
David Witten

Marcus
Marc Bruton
Marc Katz
Marc Robert
Marc Rützou
Marc Williams
Marc-Andre Boileau
Marcus Dolejsi
Mark Briggs
Mark Norton
Mark Perkins
Mark Rayson
Mark Staley
Mark Vogan
Mark Williams

13 Players (Daniel, Nicholas)
Spoiler
Daniel
Dan Berube
Dan Cervone
Dan Dykstra
Dan Edeen
Dan Furst
Dan Parker
Dan Wendt
Daniel Coelho
Daniel Dickens
Daniel Guimond
Daniel Henry
Daniel Jamieson
Danyal Isran

Nicholas
Nic Dorsey
Nick Artfitch
Nick Cerretti
Nick Franks
Nick Michels
Nick Rollins
Nick Rotmeyer
Nick Schlobohm
Nick Staton
Nick Tripp
Nicolas Royet
Niek Chaplin
Niklas Andersson

12 Players (Christopher)
Spoiler
Christopher
Chris Alesso
Chris Allan
Chris Bohl
Chris Hames
Chris King
Chris M
Chris Marshall
Chris Rayola
Chris Staples
Christoph Kohlbach
Christopher Graves
Christopher Jacques

11 Players (Adam, Robert)
Spoiler
Adam
Adam Archbold
Adam Bozon
Adam Colling
Adam D
Adam English
Adam Flint
Adam Goodbread
Adam Marcinek
Adam Matis
Adam Miller
Adam Moore

Robert
Bob Aunan
Bob Faulds
Rob Cunning
Rob Milford
Rob Volden
Robert Johnson
Robert Kapaufs
Robert Rodriguez
Robert Rune
Robert Shepherd
Robert Sizemore

10 Players (Brandon)
Spoiler
Brandon
Branden Holmes
Branden Messier
Brandon Donovan
Brandon Fitzsimmons
Brandon Hernandez
Brandon Johnson
Brandon M
Brandon Sanford
Brandyn Hovis
Braydon Pickering

9 Players (Kevin, Peter)
Spoiler
Kevin
Kevin Adams
Kevin Dick
Kevin Forster
Kevin Haley
Kevin Johnson
Kevin M
Kevin Marnell
Kevin McBeth
Kevin V

Peter
Pete Lobsczowski
Peter Bezgoubov
Peter Bradley
Peter Chase
Peter Jacobsen
Peter Linck
Peter Michael
Peter Osterland
Petter Åkeson

8 Players (Samuel, Joshua, Eric, William, Timothy, Ryan)
Spoiler
Samuel
Sam Hughes
Sam Powell
Sam Querbes
Sam Rodrigues
Sam Whitaker
Samuel Fine
Samuel Haycock
Samuel Wurzelbacher

Joshua
Josh Fronkner
Josh Heuer
Josh Lay
Josh Lines
Josh Saunders
Josh Stewart
Joshua Kinnick
Joshua Nash

Eric
Eric B.
Eric King
Eric Kirkness
Eric Liikala
Eric Pince
Eric Renzulli
Eric Tapani
Eric Valente

William
William Armstrong
William Harder
William Lacey
William Langley
William Slingsby
William Zino
Wilhelm Krona
Will Orkney

Timothy
Tim Dubovsky
Tim Garay
Tim Greneby
Tim Klebetz
Tim Nixon
Tim Pearce
Timmy Johansson
Timothy Castonguay

Ryan
Ryan Dwyer
Ryan Gibbs :nesquik:
Ryan Honkonen
Ryan Koch
Ryan Lockwood
Ryan Strom
Ryan White
Ryan Woodward

7 Players (Thomas)
Spoiler
Thomas
Thomas Andrews
Thomas Bazin
Thomas Eliot
Thomas Finney
Tom B.
Tom Doherty
Tom Galindo

6 Players (Andrew, Brian, Gregory, Joseph, Philip, Patrick)
Spoiler
Andrew
Andrew Bibas
Andrew Bownes
Andrew Kent
Andrew Martin
Andrew Thimm
Andrew Webster

Brian
Brian Dupont
Brian N
Brian Novell
Brian R
Bryan Bosshardt
Bryan Youse

Gregory
Greg Larkin
Greg Lavery
Greg Lewis
Greg Whatmore
Greg Woll
Gregor Degenhart

Joseph
Joe Bernier
Joe Grimes
Joe Weisshaar
Joey Johnston
Joseph Pierman
José Tavares

Philip
Phil Hughes
Phil McCanna
Philip Bezgoubov
Philip Newman
Philip Renshaw
Philippe Leclerc

Patrick
Patrick Johannessen
Patrick Laakso
Patrick Nolin
Patrick Wessels
Patrick Zalesky
Patrik Nilsson

5 Players (Graham, Justin, Martin, Tyler, Richard, Jason)
Spoiler
Graham
Graeme Faulds
Graeme O'Brien
Graham Maddocks
Graham Morris
Graham Sewell

Justin
Justin Carter
Justin Richardson
Justin St-Pierre
Justin Tawfik
Justin Thomas

Martin
Martijn Kool
Martin Bauer
Martin Kendall
Martin Mellstam
Martin Parigger

Tyler
Tyler Deel
Tyler Hankins
Tyler Jones
Tyler that jerk
Tyler Wishall

Richard
Rich Noe
Richard Bownes
Richard Kerr
Richard Vallon
Richard Wade

Jason
Jason Cerella
Jason Cumming
Jason J
Jason Reines
Jason Summer

4 Players (Sean, Kyle, Ben, Carl, Eddie, Taylor, Nathaniel)
Spoiler
Sean (technically derived from John but different enough imo)
Sean Burden
Sean Price
Shawn Johnson
Shawn Jones

Kyle
Kyle Blair
Kyle Erickson
Kyle Guthrie
Kyle Wiebenga

Benjamin
Ben Canavan
Ben Gorman
Ben Plath
Ben Southward

Carl
Carl Michelsen
Carl-Magnus Wall
Karl Greenfield
Karl Jobst

Edward
Eddie Darléon
Eddie Lovins
Eddy Erman
Eduardo Loza

Taylor
Taylor Fankhauser
Taylor Gwinner
Taylor Victoria
Taylor von Paris

Nathaniel
Nate LeBlanc
Nathan Stinson
Nathaniel Bowles
Nathaniel Coughran

What is the most relevant name?
What is the most relevance-dense name?
The least?

I'd take Team Ryan any day of the week!  :nesquik:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:15:29 pm by Grav »

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2016, 05:24:10 pm »
Team ALEC ftw  :nesquik:

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2016, 05:35:45 pm »
Rayan ≠ Ryan

GREAT STATS POST

SOMEONE BREAK THE 20 vs 20 TIE BREAKER
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2016, 05:45:03 pm »
"Rayan or Ryan is a popular given name of multiple origins including Arabic, Turkish, and Hindi.
In Sanskrit, the name Rayan literally translates to "sated with drink", but means something closer to "lush, fertile land" or "oasis. [1]
In Arabic, the name Rayan means "clever," or "brilliant." Rayan or Rayyan is also the name to one of Islam's Heaven gates through which only the observers of Ramadan would enter on the Day of Resurrection."

but yea i guess they independently came from different sources (since the Ryan we know came from Ireland) and just ended up at the same place, so i can accept keeping them apart

T

• Qweczol
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2016, 07:09:01 pm »
Rayyan Isran never forget

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2016, 02:39:31 am »
Robert is pretty irrelevant. Only notable Robert is Shep who is inactive. Brandon without bcks would be a complete joke. Nicholas is a comparatively weak name too. And William. Kevin might be the least relevance-dense name though.

All the 6 Gregory's are solid and/or important members.

Not Jimmy Bauer

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2016, 07:01:08 am »
Alex Ferguson
What? Wasn't aware one of the greatest footballer managers of all time was into this game. :o

Tyler that jerk
Who?

Lark

• Español learner
    • Lark
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2016, 01:44:44 pm »
^Tyler Pro-Bert

The filter automatically changes (Pro-Bert) to (that jerk)
Embrace the grind.

bke16

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2016, 01:54:31 pm »
Well those are definitely some pretty good 'GoldenEye Statistics' right there. :nesquik:

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2017, 06:37:22 pm »
Here is the point worth of 60/60 WRs in January 18th 2002, 2007, 2012, and the earliest date in which 60/60 WRs beats the January 18, 2017 champion Ace (5828 points)

Jan 18, 2002 - 2170 Points (69th Place)
Jan 18, 2007 - 4768 Points (19th Place)
Jan 18, 2012 - 5576 Points (7th Place)
Apr 26, 2015 - 5852 Points (1st Place)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:52:03 pm by Grav »

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2017, 06:49:17 pm »
BEAUTIFUL post.

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2017, 09:55:30 pm »
Really makes you think when you see that only Dam, Bunker 1 and Archives have not had an UWR on them since 2012, the beginning of the Twitch era.  Every other stage has had at least one untied.  Insanity.
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2017, 10:15:15 pm »
and 2 of those 3 will likely have an untied this year. dam will be the last holdout

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2017, 10:23:07 pm »
I wouldn't be so keen on Bunker 1.  0:20 has been supposed to happen literally since 2012.  Sure it can only dodge bullets for so long, but the trend for that level has been to dodge bullets.

I also wouldn't be so keen on 53.  It's highly dependent on Wodahs and Sammy, so if the both of them don't manage to play as anticipated, have real life stuff come up, find girlfriends, etc, it can definitely just not happen.  Sure another person can learn 2.x to mastery there, but the chances of an untied are heavily reliant on two people there, which makes for unpredictable forecasts.

I know I predicted the both to happen in the Sylvester Tip, but it's more fun to predict WRs there.  The reality is that there is a very, very good chance that neither level sees an untied for another calendar year, and that Dam 00A 1:54 happens before B1 SA 0:20 or Archives 0:53s for a variety of reasons.
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

T

• Qweczol
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2017, 11:06:31 pm »