Author Topic: Re: The Goldeneye SpeedLore Series  (Read 32784 times)

Light

• Grand Crusader
    • Mr. Guru
    • GE
    • PD
Re: Re: The Goldeneye SpeedLore Series - Bunker 1 SA, Oct 18/19
« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2018, 10:09:24 am »
I don't think I'll ever tire of these. Great job as usual, Goose.

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
Re: The Goldeneye SpeedLore Series - BACK 2 BACK, Nov 30/Dec 1 (Egypt & 'Chives)
« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2018, 04:00:03 am »
Hello gamers,

The time for SpeedLore is coming... I've had back to back episodes planned on these dates for a while now.  Archives & Egypt (all difficulties), two pretty "simple" or perhaps "unremarkable" stages.

Feel free to submit ANY pertinent videos for these episodes!

Archives I think is pretty simple:

- OG Days, leading to 16/56/56
- Karl's sweep of 16/55/55 with great music in 2006, his comeback to the community
- the boys grind and get 54
- Twitch era, my 54s, box boost made practical
- Karl gets 15, Riolo 53, leads to current day

Egypt I'm a little worse with...

- OG days to 46/47/47
- Mouser's remarkable 46 Agent & Egypt "Wonderboy"
- the guys grind down to 45/46/46
- Ace gets 45s? Marc Rutzou ties them with 2.x, Ace gets mad
- various discoveries that just can't quite be put together
- Karl does it, gets 44, Hayking follows up with SA/00A

--

That's all just from memory, so please add in anything interesting or notable that should be included in these episodes.  And any videos that may be interesting, especially anomalies, TASes, strategy discoveries and the like!
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Ace got 45 SA or 00A or maybe both??? with 2.x

but Rutzou tied them with 1.2   same w Clemdog    and Clem got one of them live with boss and the video got eaten by twitch    and Rutzou's 45 00A had an epic reaction where he ranted for minutes about how he was the best goldeneye player at the time
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
Re: The Goldeneye SpeedLore Series - BACK 2 BACK, Nov 30/Dec 1 (Egypt & 'Chives)
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2018, 07:58:50 am »
Egypt 0:45s for a long time were all just Ace, Clemens, and Marc, and the first player to achieve them after was Luke. They were part of an unhoard that got him past Boss, which I always thought was cool.

For Archives on the build-up to trying to find time to save, Henrik found that the left route is slightly faster, but much harder to get a run with. He's achieved both 0:16 and 0:54 with it.

The first person to use 2.X on Archives was Narcissa if you want to include that.

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2018, 11:05:07 am »
Egypt timeline after 46/47/47:

- May 2007: Boss gets 46s (standard 00A first, then SA), one day apart
- June 2007: Clemens, though a relatively new player, ties 46s, also one day apart
- May 2008: Clemens goes for Egypt Agent 0:45, a VERY good time for the strat used
- May 2008: Ace tries to tie it, discovers the pillar strafing strategy to save around a tenth, gets very close (47 kneeling deaths, 46 slow deaths, etc), but stops after 20 46s or so
- May 2008: Ace gets Egypt SA 46 very quickly, but the power goes off the frame he presses next on the endscreen to reveal the 46, so the footage is damaged
- May 2008: Clemens goes for Egypt SA 45, claims 5 46 dupes but stops playing
- Late 2008: Lockwood, "kWpaRtybOy13", a then new player, ties 46s on all difficulties very quickly, showing promise of a good player

- April 2010: less than 2 weeks into Ace's comeback (after a 1.75 year break), Ace ties Egypt 0:45

2010-2012: nothing substantial, some people tie 46s

- January 2013: Someone discovers the right strafe switch in GG room strategy
- First week of January 2013: Goose goes for Egypt SA 46 after A 46, gets trolled often, Twitch streams and origin of the "hvad er denne Trolddom" meme. Finally gets it on the 20th of January.
- January 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVUO6d_jEUQ
- Early January 2013: Ace, inspired by Goose's streams, goes for 45s on SA/00A. Ace mastered 2.x and SUPERPAD within a few days of play. Initially, both 2.x and 1.2 are used (pause for 1.2 at the 2nd Baron because pillar strafe is tricky with 2.x..) but pausing (looking down) at the 2nd Baron causes his position to be offset. This info came to light to most people including me around this time, and Henrik later posts this and other relevant info such as guard death times, etc. I decide to go full 2.x after a couple of streams.
- 22 Jan, 2013: Ace gets Egypt 00A 45. Did not take very long (high skill, but also luck..). Info. I believe Goose was going for 46 shortly after his SA WR, but stopped playing after this.. I still remember thinking about "today being the day" while I was waiting for my car to go home after college.
- Controversy over Superpad: https://forums.the-elite.net/index.php?topic=18539.msg380996#msg380996
- 26 Jan, 2013: Ace gets Egypt SA 45. Took some time because I was also playing PD briefly after 00A 45. Jabs/salt
- AFTER JAN 2013: Ace goes for 44 Agent using the consistent warp method he discovered. one of the 30 45s or so I got during this time period (notice how I am the only one to do the "full spin" after the GG... despite it being blatantly quicker everyone used the slower method
- Around this time (2nd last week of January onwards): Marc and Clemens go for 45 SA/00A, the manly 1.2 way as they stated, Marc is the first to get these (his vids on SA/00A are live with commentary.. this is around the time he goes insane and claims to be the best player ever (this is why I got "mad", not at the times getting tied..)
- February 2013: Clemens gets 45s after an arduous grind on both SA/00A... one was at Boss' house live on stream. Vid for SA 45 is removed/corrupt by Twitch
- 2013: Ace switches to 1.2, gets lots of 46 quits, a few 50 deaths with worst slow Baron death (exactly 6s loss), many 45s.. but stops playing eventually

2014-2017: more 45 ties, couch strat discovered, Bez tries a little for 44.. I didn't follow much here.

- 2017: I play a bit for 44 again (with 1.2), more chokes, e.g. this, find another way to do the 2nd Baron, etc.
- 2018: Karl and HK get 44s

Honestly there is a lot to Egypt.. particularly during 2013.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:33:51 am by Selenium Webdriver »

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2018, 07:58:07 am »
I discovered that you can kill 2nd baron on egypt on the right side of the pillars. First used/seen in my 48 agent.

For archives i was first to used right strafe out of first room. First seen in my 16/55/55 sweep. I got the archives sweep during one of the infamous karl/matt cook/greg lewis week long meet ups. Which mostly consistented of them watching me play. Pwned.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

Clichejon

Re: The Goldeneye SpeedLore Series
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2018, 01:28:51 pm »
Any idea what time the show will start?

Happens

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2018, 06:01:18 pm »
No way this is actually happening anymore lol

Saltkillzsnails

« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2018, 02:21:11 am »
Did it get rescheduled?

*Edit* Never mind wasn't aware of the happenings of the past few days until just a bit ago.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:00:06 pm by Saltkillzsnails »

Bam Bam Gigolo

« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2018, 03:59:44 pm »
Did it get rescheduled?

*Edit* Never mind wasn't aware of the happenings of the past few days until just a bit ago.
Why not enlighten us who don't know?

Smit

• Oh, this is suicide! There's nowhere to go.
    • Eise
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2018, 04:20:41 pm »
Did it get rescheduled?

Nobody wants that bring this up in this forum. check his twitter or google RwhiteGoose for more info

wheatrich

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: Re: The Goldeneye SpeedLore Series
« Reply #261 on: December 04, 2018, 05:08:25 pm »
Did it get rescheduled?

Nobody wants that bring this up in this forum. check his twitter or google RwhiteGoose for more info

Googling didn't bring it up for me.  There's a few youtube videos up now talking about it and at least a kotaku article.

The cliffs are it got publically out there the garbage goose/grav consistently were posting in the-elite discord and now they're learning there are consequences.

Whether goose was sincere in his apology or not I'll leave up to you--way better than grav who is still remarkably consistent in learning absolutely nothing.

I actually would like to talk about it but this thread isn't it obviously as it's a long negative derail--it would've been best to do so well before this blew up to make us all look bad by proxy but most of us have to learn the hard way.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 05:18:32 pm by wheatrich »

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #262 on: December 04, 2018, 06:25:27 pm »
Move further discussion of that topic to private DM, Discord, or other social media.
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Blue Khakis

« Reply #263 on: December 04, 2018, 07:12:20 pm »
Move further discussion of that topic to private DM, Discord, or other social media.
Is this a new rule?

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #264 on: December 04, 2018, 07:26:14 pm »
k

Is this a new rule?
k

Negative. It was said to keep on topic with the current thread. Not every thread needs to derail into that dramatic situation.
k
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:31:27 pm by Alka Maass »

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #265 on: December 04, 2018, 10:14:02 pm »
Is this a new rule?
k

Negative. It was said to keep on topic with the current thread. Not every thread needs to derail into that dramatic situation.

MrMoxie

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2018, 07:29:43 am »
I'm excited for the next ep.

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2018, 09:11:11 am »
Is this a new rule?
k

If it was said to keep on topic with the current thread, why did you ask for the discussion to be moved to 'private DM, Discord, or other social media.', and not any other thread in this forum? Unless that is what you meant. You need to make it clear what you are saying.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2018, 10:36:43 am »
Yeah that.

Blue Khakis

« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2018, 12:20:09 pm »
I would also appreciate some clarity on this. Times have obviously been turbulent and we all appreciate the mods understandably have had a difficult job to do. However, going forward, rules and policies need to be made clear to everyone. I have seen talk that saying a particular Eliter's name should be a bannable offence and elsewhere it has been detailed that discussion of this individual serves to bring the Elite into disrepute. I am not aware of any formal update to the rules, however the fact that this party is now being referred to as [Banned User #7] has made things less clear. Is it officially against the rules to post [Banned User #7]'s original name? And can we know unambiguously whether discussion of recent events is against any of the rules? I feel like these are reasonable requests and will be to the benefit of everyone.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:08:36 pm by Blue Khakis »

falzy211

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2018, 12:41:14 pm »
I just saw the folders of what was said in discord from Reddit. I mean Jesus... how on Earth has no
Action been taken apart from removal from the council? Surely just deleting and covering up discussion will
Make it worse

Saltkillzsnails

« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2018, 02:09:07 pm »
Its for the Elite community to decide and no one else including me

Blue Khakis

« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2018, 03:30:35 pm »
Once we know what we can and can't do, everyone can clear out of this thread, and these kinds of overspills won't happen in future.

Bam Bam Gigolo

« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2018, 04:53:59 pm »
I'm of the opinion after reading up on it that bad things were said and an apology was given and we should all move on. Be happy and enjoy ourselves. Goose in my opinion is a nice man, producing loads of positive and engaging content.

EliminatorJr

• Bobandy
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2018, 06:45:07 pm »
Almost any other forum I've been on enforces not going too far off topic on threads. Why people gotta do this  :embarrassed:
No way, Mr. Lahey. I NEED a cheeseburger!

dsx

• dsx
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • the dsx corner
« Reply #275 on: December 06, 2018, 12:08:07 am »
mate
Updater of This Day In Elite History

Wodahs-Reklaw

• Wodahs
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #276 on: December 06, 2018, 12:41:20 am »
I don't think the discussion here can be meaningful at the moment.  Because of this, the thread will be locked.  Discussions on what should be done next etc should occur in the the General Chat topic in already existing threads when possible.
Daniel Wodahs-Relklaw Coelho