Author Topic: Post Runs For Critique Here!  (Read 12950 times)

Re: Post Runs For Critique Here!
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 10:16:06 am »
I'd like to add that your boosts didn't seem very boosty, but it's hard to tell in lookup. Not all boosts are equal you know, there are great ones and shitty ones (which also depends on factors out of your hand; how the grenades bounce, lag, etc). With great boosts the level is hardly long enough for a seventh boost to really kick in, and that's how one can tell that your boosts were not great. With 1.2 PAL I had around thirty 7:0s which turned out 23 without any booboos like your ramp stuck. For time efficiency just use 2.2 which makes 22 pace a joke in comparison, once you figure out the start.

LQwerty

• I try.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2017, 05:21:10 pm »
Thought this would have been a 16 fail with the boost, must have been low decimal.
Why you reading this?

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2017, 08:40:09 pm »
Low 56 Archives 00A Fail

Not sure why this wasn't 0:55? Given that there are some boostless 0:54s, I'm clearly doing something wrong. Please help. :v

Aztec Exemplar

• A Significant Sex Machine
    • Mirror
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2017, 09:39:28 pm »
- Your double doors after Nat were really slow. You should try to open it from further away and practice the movement of going through them smoothly. The boost down the stairs also cost you time because it made the turn real shitty.

- I don't think you should pancake the door after the stairs like that. Some players do it like that but I think the best way is to be further away from the wall, hit B and then go through without touching anything.

- Do box boost next time.

- Ending looked very slow. Safe can be faster, your final door was really slow and you should learn to strafe the ending.

- Try to look down more in general.
"Time's a teacher spitting since I was tying sneakers" - Jus

LQwerty

• I try.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2018, 10:08:51 pm »
Why you reading this?

Niiro Kitsune

• Have an Arabian night.
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2018, 10:44:42 pm »
At first glance the hut was pretty slow, try not to spend a long time at the table with the key (just grab and go!) and don't get stuck on the wall before the turn for the door on the way out.

Also, let the first cinema play since you're using 2.x but cut the second cinema immediately. It means you will have to turn less to get the nades and save some time.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:52:42 pm by Niiro Kitsune »
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

LQwerty

• I try.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2018, 10:56:55 pm »
Yeah, after watching some 22 and 23 runs I see that my hut was slow, thought the boosts would've made up for it.

Also, I know about the cinema trick, I just did it wrong on this run. ;)
Why you reading this?

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2018, 11:15:33 pm »
Yeah it was ultimately the slow hut that prevented a 23. Keep working and you'll get it!
Discord: @JDBlack#9593

Glanivin

• GE
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2018, 10:46:13 am »
That second grenade hit also wasn't a clean boost... that one may have even been a back.  Ideally the grenade will go off a little bit behind you and push you forward, but that one was almost right on top of you.

Edit - Maybe the fourth grenade hit too.  That may have been a 3:2 run.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 12:57:39 pm by Glanivin »

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2018, 09:21:25 pm »
Can anybody explain why this wasn't 26?

PD Proof Moderator

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2018, 09:27:34 pm »
looks like most of your timeloss is in the spiral stairs. turn sharper to get onto the stairs sooner and then take a better line to the door after ascending the stairs (you hugged the wall unnecessarily). also its small but avoiding getting stuck on the chain link gate never hurts

Aztec Exemplar

• Mirror
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 11:11:03 pm »
Can anybody explain why this wasn't 26?

Because you didn't use the warp.

Lark

• Español learner
    • Lark
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 11:15:16 pm »
You took a wide turn before ascending the staircase and your line to the door before the roller door should be more direct.
Embrace the grind.

Wolverbear

• GE
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2018, 01:24:04 pm »
Looking for some feedback on this Bunker 1 Agent 18.

I'm just getting the hang of incorporating the quick pause at the start, my line from the quick pause to the next door seems slightly wide but I have a feeling that's not costing me that much.

My feeling is that what cost me the most is when I make the slight turn to snap the camera pic, Bond drifts closer to the wall/corner and towards the video screen more.  I'm guessing this added distance to cover from camera pic to key costs enough time to be turn a 17 into an 18 (not saying this was a 17).

During the run I felt it didn't matter much because it didn't feel like enough boosts but upon rewatching it, it seems there were probably enough boosts had it been a cleaner run.  The boosts down the hallway after the glass seemed especially nice, basically boosted me the entire length to the stairs.

My warp wasn't perfect but I don't feel it's too bad either.  For my skill level it's one of my better warps.  I can improve that and have had some cleaner/faster warps.

I'm curious to know some opinions on how strong was this 18?  Was it a cleaner warp alone from 17?  Or do I need to clean up more spots such as the turn for the camera pic?  Thanks for the feedback!

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2018, 01:32:14 pm »
Things that went wrong for a 17:
  • You're running to the right side of the very first door, that's the wrong direction.
  • You ran into the wall during the camera snap, don't do that. Take a good line to the key (in fact yours is the worst I've ever seen).
  • The line from the key to the second pause could be slightly more direct.
  • Do the second pause way earlier, in front of the guards, and hope to get boosted through. It's a yolo thing but you're going for the WR on a very short level after all.
  • The exit warp was bad and slow. I suggest the method that Wodahs' preaches in his tutorial.
Good luck.

Wolverbear

• GE
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2018, 01:43:23 pm »
Things that went wrong for a 17:
  • You're running to the right side of the very first door, that's the wrong direction.
  • You ran into the wall during the camera snap, don't do that. Take a good line to the key (in fact yours is the worst I've ever seen).
  • The line from the key to the second pause could be slightly more direct.
  • Do the second pause way earlier, in front of the guards, and hope to get boosted through. It's a yolo thing but you're going for the WR on a very short level after all.
  • The exit warp was bad and slow. I suggest the method that Wodahs' preaches in his tutorial.
Good luck.

Appreciate it.

Yeah, I seem to end up on the right side of the first door because I'm attempting to start the level in R strafe..is this not a good idea?  The strafe drifts me to the R slightly, should I just use forward run alone or do I need to start in R strafe but make a slight L turn before hitting the door and quick pause?

Regarding the line to the key..is the line bad due to the bad turn for the camera snap or is the line post camera the problem?  I know I make one small correction heading to the key, I guess I'm curious what made the line so bad in your opinion?

Yeah, the pause at the glass was late..particularly because I had been getting no luck on getting through the whole session so I was caught off guard when I sliced right through.  I usually hit it a little earlier, guess I need to stop letting bad luck alter my approach during an individual session.

Noted re: the warp.  It's easily my biggest problem ATM.  I've gotten the hang of the quick pause much quicker than I seem to be able to get consistent warps (I was using the method of using the key to warp but I seemed to always screw it up so I changed to tossing the key and attempting to warp in a more traditional way, maybe I need to revisit Woodah's technique and practice it).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:58:36 pm by Wolverbear »

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2018, 02:50:44 pm »
Yeah, I seem to end up on the right side of the first door because I'm attempting to start the level in R strafe..is this not a good idea?  The strafe drifts me to the R slightly, should I just use forward run alone or do I need to start in R strafe but make a slight L turn before hitting the door and quick pause?

Yes start in right strafe but turn to the left immediately. There's a bunch of things that can go wrong though. I remember holding the stick to 10:30 o'clock with like 70% intensity when the level started worked well.

Regarding the line to the key..is the line bad due to the bad turn for the camera snap

Yes that's what I meant. You're on a good line when you barely don't get stuck on the balcony.

Yeah, the pause at the glass was late..particularly because I had been getting no luck on getting through the whole session so I was caught off guard when I sliced right through.  I usually hit it a little earlier, guess I need to stop letting bad luck alter my approach during an individual session.

Sounds good. It's not necessary to yolo that part hardcore for 17 if you do the rest of the level well, but it's the best approach to get the WR for starters probably.

Noted re: the warp.  It's easily my biggest problem ATM.  I've gotten the hang of the quick pause much quicker than I seem to be able to get consistent warps (I was using the method of using the key to warp but I seemed to always screw it up so I changed to tossing the key and attempting to warp in a more traditional way, maybe I need to revisit Woodah's technique and practice it).

Yes definitely revisit. The bottom line is: throw away key at top of stairs, press B, run into crack, warp by means of the automatic weapon switch. This won't get you insane warps but sufficiently fast ones. And there is still the rare chance to get an insane boosted one.

Wolverbear

• GE
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2018, 03:20:23 pm »

Yes start in right strafe but turn to the left immediately. There's a bunch of things that can go wrong though. I remember holding the stick to 10:30 o'clock with like 70% intensity when the level started worked well.

Regarding the line to the key..is the line bad due to the bad turn for the camera snap

Yes that's what I meant. You're on a good line when you barely don't get stuck on the balcony.

Sounds good. It's not necessary to yolo that part hardcore for 17 if you do the rest of the level well, but it's the best approach to get the WR for starters probably.

Yes definitely revisit. The bottom line is: throw away key at top of stairs, press B, run into crack, warp by means of the automatic weapon switch. This won't get you insane warps but sufficiently fast ones. And there is still the rare chance to get an insane boosted one.

Much appreciated!  You've given me plenty to chew on..need to sit down and practice that warp until I want to throw my console in the trash.  Thanks again.

DoggerStyle

• GE
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2018, 06:04:09 pm »
Evening all. I'm trying to get Dam A 53 using 1.2 style on a PAL system. I know about the 2.x style just want to crack it this way! It's proving very difficult so far although I've only been grinding between 8 - 10 hours. I get 54 every time I hit the lockshot which is good but not what I'm after.

Also the other problem is I get hoards of boostless runs. Here is one as an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcW7NDsRzY&feature=youtu.be

Does anybody no if this is a low/med/high 54? Im guessing it to be around the mid point. Just wanna know if theres any adjustments I need to make with my lines, if I'm doing the tunnel strat properly. Im guessing this run with 2 boosts would be enough for the 53?

Cheers.
Goldeneye would be a hilarious film if Pierce Brosnon speed ran it.

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2018, 07:01:06 pm »
We only care about the ends, not the means - you're wasting a ridiculous amount of time playing the level on a substandard mode, on a substandard system for the level, by your own choosing. We don't care. Switch to 2.x and get your 53, and move on.

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2018, 08:44:48 pm »
Hi DoggerStyle!!

Only 2 players have ever achieved what you are setting out to do. (me and marc rutzou)

So by quick calculations if you do manage to get 53 1.2 PAL, there is a high % chance you will be in the top 5 by 2020.

Good luck and have fun!
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

DoggerStyle

• GE
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2018, 03:21:01 am »
We only care about the ends, not the means - you're wasting a ridiculous amount of time playing the level on a substandard mode, on a substandard system for the level, by your own choosing. We don't care. Switch to 2.x and get your 53, and move on.

OK SGT RAGECOMMENT lol. Seems like a need to purchase other consoles and learn other play styles to make this and other times easier to achieve.

Hi DoggerStyle!!

Only 2 players have ever achieved what you are setting out to do. (me and marc rutzou)

So by quick calculations if you do manage to get 53 1.2 PAL, there is a high % chance you will be in the top 5 by 2020.

Good luck and have fun!

Seems like a tall order then...
But ye see you at the top in 2020!

berg

• Eric
    • GE
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2018, 11:03:19 pm »
I was asking about bunker 1 in the questions thread and said I'd get around to posting some video next time I played. Any comments appreciated, I've gotten several runs I think would've been 17 except I choked the exit. So I worked on that a bit, I believe I was throwing the key too early before.

This vid is meant to just show what I'm doing, I finished these instead of quitting out to show the warps (with and without key throw)

Any tips? Am I losing unnecessary time somewhere that I'm not seeing?

Also, do we know how much time Karl's slap strat saves? I'm spending  a lot more time on this level than I expected and wondering if it could save enough time to reduce some of the RNG grind, but it also would decrease some of my consistency I'm sure.

Also - is Japanese advantaged in any way? I see a number of Japan runs on the 17 vids, just wondering.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:08:33 pm by berg »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »
At the start of the run, make sure you don't lose some time by a slow pause trick. You have to keep it fast or else you lose the time gained from the faster pauses later anyway. If you press start too quickly though, the second press won't register, so you have to get a feel for the sweetspot timing. The timesave is worth learning.

When you approach the door before the first pause, stay more to the left/middle of it. If you go too far right, you're adding extra distance and time to your run.

Before the stairs, you generally want at least 2:0 since those are the most common boosts and you need a bunch for 0:17 pace. 1:0 runs aren't really worth playing out when going for 0:17.

Make sure your lines are tight in the big room. Despite there only being like 9 seconds of actual gameplay and a lot of time saved is based around boosts, you still need to keep your movement smooth. It's what turns a 10 hour WR into a 100 hour WR if you're bumping walls and moving indirectly to the glass door. Players get stuck on the staircases a lot in particular.

You run starting at 1:11 was good up until your approach to the glass door where you go indirectly and bump the stairs. Keep it straight.

Your ending and warps seem good.

Also your audio in that video is a bit desynched and video a bit stuttery. Should look into fixing that.

berg

• Eric
    • GE
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 04:56:34 pm »
Thanks icy. I'll put in some practice on the quick pauses and other things also before I just grind out attempts.

Re av quality, I'm using the settings from the guide on the forums (gv USB and amarec) could going to a less massive codec help? Not sure why else this would happen. I'm recording to external HD, maybe recording to internal would be better?

punjabie

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2018, 06:14:36 am »
Ok so I feel like this should have been open door even though it was not. And in watching flickers open door I feel like my start was faster but alas no open door. Any and all critiques on my starts would be appreciated like what parts seem slow except for the obvious I suppose. And maybe any explanation on why it isnt fast enough even though I feel like it should have been would be nice as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb2dM3qifqw&feature=youtu.be

Aztec Exemplar

• Mirror
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2018, 10:16:21 am »
I'm no Facility pro but some big time losses looked like the door before the keycard guard, the keycard guard kill and the door before the long hallway (that last one looked like it lost a lot of time).

I think you can shoot 3 bullets less in the hallway.

Looks like you're playing with a shitty stick?

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2018, 07:21:13 pm »
You need to cut the cinemas faster. The music cues were almost a half second behind  :o

Listen to Luke's music and where the first 3 doors open compared to the music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uFDKO0TZ0s

Then give a listen to yours again. You lose time without even playing yet  :p

Your keycard guard can be quicker with tighter angles (let the autoaim do its job so you don't have to swing all the way towards the guard to shoot him) , and your warp can be faster as well.

ALSO, if you haven't watched it; the greatest tutorial you'll ever find on facility is Luke's here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssOL4oScoQ
He explains music cues (very important on facility) and most details a person should know to get open doors and 43/44 pace runs.

Hope this helps!
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2018, 12:45:34 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF5OgSfys6U&list=UUMr1jC02qzVB0Ue_Zpe_qog&index=5

I feel like I was a little slow with getting through the gate with the lock shot, but besides that not sure what I'm missing to get 54. I've gotten three 55's and this is the cleanest of the bunch I feel like. Also curious to what I need to improve to get 53, although I'll likely come back to this later after getting the other boring goal times.

Rip into me, I'm looking to improve.
Former Owner of the "Highest Quality Webcam Stream on Twitch"

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2018, 02:22:31 pm »
The biggest thing is lookdown. You're looking almost neutral the whole run, which is okay if you're learning the game, but if you really want to save time you have to be looking at the ground most of the time to reduce lag. Read this great post by Henrik if you want a detailed explanation on why lookdown is important. Watch a couple of 53s to get a sense for how far and when to look down. Also, you should be looking up farther after the lockshot until the stairs. Your lines everywhere are a little shaky. You want to be able to get a straight line between points A and B as fast as you can.

As for smaller time losses, you got stuck on the lockshot gate for a decent amount of time. Try to get through it cleaner. The button gate was a little slow, but not bad for 54 pace. Going for 53, you'll want better gates. Finally one weird little thing is that you switch weapons twice at the start. This causes unneeded lag and potentially added a couple frames to the in game timer. Of course you want to avoid this, but with a better overall run it wouldn't have cost you 54. For instance, take this 54 by Ryan Honkonen, where he switches weapons multiple times for no reason. He also doesn't look down, because the time save hadn't been discovered yet, so this should show you the importance of good lines.

Finally, I suggest you watch a Dam 53 tutorial, if you haven't already. Wodahs's is good, but there are others as well. Good luck!
PD Proof Moderator

berg

• Eric
    • GE
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2018, 02:38:24 pm »
A few things I noticed which all add up to lost seconds:

1. No lookdown at the start especially. You can't look down from tunnel to button because this will cause slow gates, but you should be looking down from start to tunnel turn and then from button to lock

2. Non optimal movement particularly near the start. Waggling back and forth as you get set on a line. You'll get better at this the more you play and learn the lines.

3. Slow button press. You can press it from a lot farther away.

4. Slow motorized gate, again you can hit it from far away and not lose speed.

5. Stuck on lock gate for maybe 0.3 or so.

6. Drifted from fence, and need more look up here ideally.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 06:32:58 pm by berg »

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2018, 03:48:03 pm »
Thanks a lot for the feedback, I could tell my lines were shaky, and I've had a ton of trouble trying to find the line from the tunnel turn to the gate button press.

Also the weapon switching at the beginning was accidental from pressing A after getting through both cinemas, I'll work on fixing my timing for that.

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2018, 04:50:19 pm »
A trick I've used to determine the line from the tunnel to the gate (on fullscreen):

My visual cue for the line is to look for the small bunker where guards are shooting from, then to the left of it look the small wall at the bottom of the mountain. You don't want to be able to see the end of the wall on the left, but you should see a large portion of the wall as you make your turn towards the gate. Determine this quickly, as the wooden crates will load when you get closer, blocking your view of the wall. Note that this isn't a direct line to the gate, as there's crates that you can't see to your left that you could run into. So nearer to the gate, you have to turn more to the left to barely see the red switch as you approach it to compensate for the indirect line.

That's just what helps me. I hope some of this can aid you in your quest for 54. Good luck!

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2018, 04:55:31 pm »
The line to the gate actually looked pretty good in the vid you linked, until the end,where you should be turning farther to barely see the button. Like the others said, you can press B earlier too.

taber

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2018, 06:05:35 pm »

I need some help with B2 SA. There's no tutorial to watch and I honestly think my obvious mistakes are somewhat comparable to a lot of runs with better times. I want to go for 59, but I've been grinding so long and getting nowhere.

berg

• Eric
    • GE
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2018, 06:31:52 pm »
Don't know a thing about b2 but the warp at the end cost you a second it looked like to me. Maybe even 1.5. I wouldn't be surprised if that same run with a lightning fast warp was 1:00! Coming off a bunker 1 agent grind that's all I could see.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2018, 07:22:19 pm »
Some quick tips:

-You can hold Z as you exit the pause menu to buffer the Watch Magnet, and switch to Unarmed while it's still magnetizing. That alone will help your starts out quite a bit.

-Try to position yourself at the cell guard so you're facing Nat's cell and can simply press B and leave after you get the key. You had to turn before leaving, which is a small time loss.

-Try to react a bit faster to blowing up the easy cameras, as in, play in such a way that you assume you get them.

-You broke full speed and completely stopped in place while killing the keycard guard. Big time loss there.

-Approach the mainframe room camera from between the pillar and the mainframe so you can hold full speed while shooting it.

-Second last camera was a bit slow, as most runs are.

-Use KF7 for the last camera. Despite having dual Klobbs, they're just too inaccurate to rely on using. The same reasoning applies to Surface 2 00A if you play that in the future.

-Messy ending with bad glass and a bad warp. I suggest shooting KF7 shots and then backswitching to dual Klobb for a strong warp.

-Your lines and movement overall could be improved a fair bit.

-Don't get backboosted so much. :nesquik:

taber

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2018, 08:20:21 pm »
Thanks for the advice Icy and Berg, you've renewed my confidence.

DoggerStyle

• GE
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2018, 06:34:55 am »
Was the slight hesitation at the tape what cost me 24?

https://youtu.be/DvQoNFTtV1g

Also tips on 23 welcome lol

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2018, 07:03:09 am »
had to be the tape, i've seen worse-looking 24s

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2018, 06:22:01 pm »
Glass warp was a bit slow, and lost like a tenth at the end warp.

I suggested a few things in the Legit Fails thread. Check 'em out and hopefully you nab this time soon  :pimp:

Ignominious Sin

• Ig-No-Min-E-Us
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2018, 08:26:00 pm »
Was the slight hesitation at the tape what cost me 24?

https://youtu.be/DvQoNFTtV1g

Also tips on 23 welcome lol

A tiny bit tighter on the tape and thats a 24 even with the 6/10 warp
The elite as we know it is done. I'm emailing my people. Enjoy a dead forum.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2018, 12:49:57 am »
Guys you're ALLOWED to lose time in the tape room. Look at where his keycard guard was....

Basically that was PERFECTLY FINE for a 24 run besides what I mentioned.
However, for 23 you want tighter timings and lines through the jail cell area and the tape room, because the keycard guard basically needs to be shot from a small distance and he needs to toss the card at you. We run B2 Agent on jap because he is there more consistently AND THEN we need to be consistent in order to let the RNG of his throw hit you on a great line turning toward the big room.

Ignominious Sin

• Ig-No-Min-E-Us
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2018, 01:12:24 pm »
Guys you're ALLOWED to lose time in the tape room. Look at where his keycard guard was....

Basically that was PERFECTLY FINE for a 24 run besides what I mentioned.
However, for 23 you want tighter timings and lines through the jail cell area and the tape room, because the keycard guard basically needs to be shot from a small distance and he needs to toss the card at you. We run B2 Agent on jap because he is there more consistently AND THEN we need to be consistent in order to let the RNG of his throw hit you on a great line turning toward the big room.

So you're saying as soon as you kill the guard you run to the exit and hope he threw the Keycard towards you? And repeat until he does.
The elite as we know it is done. I'm emailing my people. Enjoy a dead forum.

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2018, 01:34:31 pm »
Managed to get 54, many thanks to everyone who critiqued my 55, all the feedback really helped.

Considering going for 53 before moving on so I can just be done with this level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afh-htnmPOU

So is there any glaring issues I need to address? I know lines could use some improvement, I didn't have the fastest gate I've seen, and I think I was a little wide going for the stairs at the end. Also, I have no idea how I hit that lock shot  :LOL:

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2018, 01:55:10 pm »
Great improvement from that 55 you posted earlier. For 53 you should consider:

- Using 2.2 or 2.4 control style if you haven't. This gives you a crucial 0.3 second faster start. The difference between the two is that 2.2 uses the z trigger the first controller to shoot, and 2.4 uses the 2nd controller to shoot. See Icy's 2.x guide for more details.
- Taking a wider turn in the tunnel while looking up about 45 degrees, not too wide though. This makes it so that even better gates will appear, especially if you get a boost after the tunnel before the gate. (Karl's 52 is a good example of what to do)
- Taking the last portion of the wall tighter, and perhaps looking up just a bit more. Too close will result in getting stuck, though.

Good luck!

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2018, 02:13:41 pm »
Is 2.X necessary for 53? I know it helps but not sure it's quite time for me to learn it, considering this is literally the first level I've put effort into.

Niiro Kitsune

• Have an Arabian night.
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2018, 02:23:56 pm »
The short answer is: no, 2.x is not required for 53, plenty of people have 53 with 1.2, but Dam is probably the best level to learn 2.x on if/when you decide to devote time to it.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

vitorr

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2018, 09:18:32 pm »
Guess I could use some tips on why this wasn't 219 (not saying it should, I'm trying to figure out where I can improve). Music change after val leave was at around 1/4 of the metal wall, I'm guessing that's enough for 219 paces. With a faster trev reaction maybe I'd have a shot? Also I can't tell what decimal was this (guessing low-mid but totally blind). Any help is appreciated  :nesquik:

DoggerStyle

• GE
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2018, 01:47:41 pm »
Yo. I'm grinding for B2 Agent 23. Got this 24 dupe earlier but i got a backboost in the tape room. I reckon I lost time as the keycard guard would still off been in a good killing position hadn't I been backed. Just wondering if anyone could confirm this could of been 23 or point out things I could improve to get it. Also aware the final warp could of been a tenth saved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB91yWOHDH4&feature=youtu.be

Cheers.