Author Topic: The-Elite MOAM Fundraising Marathon Planning Thread  (Read 2965 times)

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
The-Elite MOAM Fundraising Marathon Planning Thread
« on: January 03, 2018, 01:35:07 pm »
This is for planning the fundraising marathon.

My ideas so far:
1. Host it on Goose's channel for maximum exposure and money making potential (theelitegaming does not have partner or many followers, etc)
2. Anyone who is regarded as a community member in any capacity should be eligible for marathon funds.
3. Priority should be placed slightly higher for higher profile/higher draw potential people, especially those who have never attended a large eliter meet before
4. Date of marathon should be after Ace knows the status of his visa application.
5. It should run 24/7 for ideally 2-3 days
6. There should be a strong advertising effort and coordination with friendly large stream non-eliter speedrunners who support our cause

So as of today a few events I definitely want to have in the fundraiser marathon. If you would please post if you are interested in helping organize any of these events OR if you have an event idea of your own also let us know. Basically anything that will break up the monotony of typical online marathons would be amazing to have. Some stuff I will be doing personally is creating a music playlist for the intermission periods, creating relevant signup sheets and creating the marathon schedule, recruiting people to restream for the marathon on twitch, and just helping with the events in whatever capacity i can.

THINGS WE NEED MADE/ORGANIZED:

1. Trivia game show

Austin will be making and running this.

2. GE Challenge/puzzle race idea

Qweczol has volunteered to help create this.

3. MOAMathon trailer for advertising

dsx will make the trailer.

4. MOAM/MOAMathon logo? maybe something like https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C26W6wvW8AA7qWv.jpg except better and MOAM themed

Nobody has volunteered for this yet. Help us out!

5+. To be decided/suggested

Also the estimated date for this marathon is early October, so keep that general time in mind.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:23:50 pm by Grav »

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: The-Elite MOAM Fundraising Marathon Planning Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 02:13:02 pm »
On 24hr front would be happy to help during EU times with anything that needs doing and stuff

TheFlash

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 02:22:34 pm »
Where do we donate?

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 02:42:03 pm »
You forgot to mention what this is even about. Raising funds for what? Streaming what?

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 03:01:07 pm »

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 03:48:38 pm »
It's one out of literally 36 stickies though :nesquik:

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 04:13:57 pm »
to be fair it was there long before but yeah its a bit cooked to find atm :smirk:

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 05:49:37 pm »
I am going to start planning for this now. I think Ace said that around September was when he was going to know about his visa. So October would be a pretty decent time to run this I think. Its positioned pretty equally between SGDQ and AGDQ so the timing is pretty good. Waiting until Ace has confirmation is to basically give the marathon a much greater sense of purpose and also give viewers who want to see Ace attend greater incentive to contribute to the cause of helping him get there (along with other eliters too obviously).

Some things I want to do:

1. I want our marathon to be unique in a way that makes it actually interesting and worthwhile to donate to

What this means is I don't want this marathon to be just an mish mash of completely unrelated players and games just going through the motions to fill out the marathon time. What would work best not only for raising money but also for our own personal enjoyment will be to have a specialized plan and some themes perhaps to keep the marathon interesting. Some of my ideas on this front include having a trivia gameshow (im thinking who wants to be a millionaire?), maybe some tournament of an interesting challenge in either PD/GE, and of course some relevant IL attempt seshes and some RTA marathon runs of games our target audience is likely to enjoy watching.

2. We should put emphasis on incentives that actually give the viewers something for their money, not just some irrel incentive for a filename that acts as a sorry excuse to get people to donate.

Im thinking about maybe incentives for hotel streams or for someone like goose or another willing community member to film almost all of the event to create content from after AGDQ ends. Real, tangible incentives are key. Now of course we can have meme incentives as well, some dumb shit like #TEAMCHAD #TEAMVIRGIN for a couple hour stretch on some terrible game race or something idk. Sammy and Jono could continue their library race for another game perhaps too. We will figure it all out.

Use the next month or two to start throwing out ideas you have. Obviously your input is every bit as much as important as mine. Also I just realized that fantasy league will be concluding around the time we plan on doing this marathon... maybe we can integrate the playoffs into this stream in some capacity too.

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 06:19:47 pm »
So as of today a few events I definitely want to have in the fundraiser marathon. If you would please post if you are interested in helping organize any of these events OR if you have an event idea of your own also let us know. Basically anything that will break up the monotony of typical online marathons would be amazing to have. Some stuff I will be doing personally is creating a music playlist for the intermission periods, creating relevant signup sheets and creating the marathon schedule, recruiting people to restream for the marathon on twitch, and just helping with the events in whatever capacity i can.

THINGS WE NEED MADE/ORGANIZED:

1. Trivia game show

Austin will be making and running this.

2. GE Challenge/puzzle race idea

Qweczol has volunteered to help create this.

3. MOAMathon trailer for advertising

dsx will make the trailer and goose has agreed to attach it to his youtube content

4. MOAM/MOAMathon logo? maybe something like https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C26W6wvW8AA7qWv.jpg except better and MOAM themed

Nobody has volunteered for this yet. Help us out!

5+. To be decided/suggested

Also the estimated date for this marathon is early October, so keep that general time in mind.

updated the OP with this post as well

EliminatorJr

• Bobandy
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 01:36:01 pm »
Dusky has pretty great photoshop skills, I will see if he is interested in helping with making a logo.
No way, Mr. Lahey. I NEED a cheeseburger!

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 12:58:12 pm »
we should probably start thinking about exact dates to have this run on so we can plan accordingly

im looking at some time in october but BEFORE the october GDQ event that starts october 26. i think running this from a friday night until sunday night EST would be ideal.

with that in mind, here are the weekends we can do it on:

October 5-7
October 12-14
October 19-21

Does anyone have a preference for which weekend it is? The fantasy league playoffs will be ending late october so maybe the later weekend would be more rel if we can somehow integrate some of that idk. Plus it gives Ace the most possible time to have his visa interview. Anyone who is interested in volunteering to help run this should definitely voice their opinions on this. I will make signup sheets both for volunteers and runners in the near future.

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 02:56:58 pm »
Anyone good at graphic design that can design a stream layout image?

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 09:24:47 am »
Anyone good at graphic design that can design a stream layout image?

I can get one of the graphic designers i work with to do it, he would just need a basic layout and the information you'd want on it, whether you want a transition screen like GDQ this year, etc.

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 04:13:53 pm »
I dont think we need anything fancy. Just a background image for the stream to use, maybe multiple layouts for if we have 1 or more runners etc. Can just have it be a nice sleek basic layout with the elite logo and MOAMathon title included somewhere.

Does anyone else have any ideas? Feel free to chime in.

EliminatorJr

• Bobandy
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 04:51:51 am »
Mate Grav just wanna let you know I'm not complacent for this plan, I'm all about it. Just let me know how I can help my dude. Even minor shit.
No way, Mr. Lahey. I NEED a cheeseburger!

Imperfect Clark

• Clark
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • https://twitter.com/theelitedotnet
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 07:08:38 pm »
I plan to attend & contribute.

As I've told a few, I will be happy to provide exact specs on the Elite t-shirts for those who want to make their own. I like the idea of merit-based tiers (e.g. establish some new awesome/special shirt for those who are sufficiently nominated, and for basic shirts -- name on the back -- must have at least 1 point maybe? any admins/gitlab ppl too).

If there are other ways I can contribute to the event's production, let me know. (example: pizza rolls, wholesale)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 07:28:47 pm by Imperfect Clark »
Derek Clark

"i'm 1.1 in my hart, u know that" - Matthijs ten Ham.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 01:51:56 am »
I plan to attend & contribute.

As I've told a few, I will be happy to provide exact specs on the Elite t-shirts for those who want to make their own. I like the idea of merit-based tiers (e.g. establish some new awesome/special shirt for those who are sufficiently nominated, and for basic shirts -- name on the back -- must have at least 1 point maybe? any admins/gitlab ppl too).

If there are other ways I can contribute to the event's production, let me know. (example: pizza rolls, wholesale)

OMG MORE SHIRTS <3

Polos please!
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Lima

• 3v1 Complex/Library Any Weapons
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 03:53:20 am »
Yeah I'm supportive of this and am willing to donate to support the cause and whathaveyou... but for god's sake can we get The-Elite T-shirts / polo shirts / whatever already? Takes 5 minutes for someone with the original graphics logo to set up... would purchase in a heartbeat! This is a great community and I'd be happy to contribute to keeping it alive, and I'm sure tons of other people are... just get this shirts purchasable!

Bizichyld

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 01:39:10 am »
Im not good for much else, but I’m down to donate. Just tell me where and how.

dsx

• dsx
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • the dsx corner
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 03:46:46 am »
More details about where to watch and how to donate will be announced soon :)

Marathon Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtc4wsMftg

Work-in-progress webpage: http://moamathon.the-elite.net

Dates and times: October 19th 18:00 - October 21st 18:00 (US Eastern Time). Most timeslots are still available.

In the meantime, if you would like to stream a game for the marathon and aren't in the Discord server, please reply here!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:37:40 am by dsx »
Updater of This Day In Elite History

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2018, 10:37:52 am »
I'll run Nesquik Agent any% and PD Agent any%
More than willing to make either of those races if anyone else is down

We also need people willing to do GE bingo, download the repo and give it a look if interested:
https://github.com/WodahsReklaw/GE-Bingo/archive/master.zip

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2018, 10:53:39 am »
I'll run Nesquik Agent any% and PD Agent any%
More than willing to make either of those races if anyone else is down

We also need people willing to do GE bingo, download the repo and give it a look if interested:
https://github.com/WodahsReklaw/GE-Bingo/archive/master.zip

I'm in for PD any% race, but I run on PAL so it would be unfair against someone doing NTSC

Joshua Nash

• I sell propane and propane accessories.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 04:51:10 pm »
I’m down for some bingo

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 04:09:39 pm »
Need people to host the marathon!
Just have OBS open and have the right streams open to restream kind of thing
please have not shit internet and somewhat trust worthy
https://goo.gl/forms/kEiBVE0yxIlSnKYg2

Joshua Nash

• I sell propane and propane accessories.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 04:51:33 pm »
I would I have ok internet but I don’t know OBS
I use xsplit

dsx

• dsx
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch