Author Topic: Virginia Meet 2018  (Read 6689 times)

Joshua Nash

• I sell propane and propane accessories.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: Virginia Meet 2018: Mon July 30th - Sat Aug 4th [LAST MONTH WARNING]
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2018, 11:33:35 am »
I wanted to let everyone know as soon as I found out but unfortunately I will not be able to attend VA. :cry: my current job just fell through and I Can’t afford to spend the money to rent a van for the week. I also will have a lot to take care of so I really tried to make it work but I am not able too. I sorry that this is last minute being so close to the VA meet but I did not expect to be out of work. However I still can bring down some tvs and some of the other stuff on Monday for you guys to use for the week. Then I can come back Saturday to pick it up. I should be able to cover the gas back and forth if someone wouldn’t mind covering me for the Saturday. If not what should I pay the Weathertons for just the one day? One day is better than no days :undecided: Sorry for the last minute drop out but there is not much I can do and I appreciate your understanding.

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2018, 01:51:57 pm »
Sorry we're gonna miss ya bud  :sad:

Qwec and I can take a trip to Josh's to haul some tv's, no problem

Matis

• Ohio Crew member since 07.
    • GE
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2018, 12:04:44 am »
My flight leaving is Saturday August 4th at 7:10pm from IAD.

I'm happy to leave early saturday to catch a ride if someone can provide.

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2018, 07:55:27 pm »
TEN DAY WARNING!  I think we have things well in hand at this point, just a few things left to consider:

- everyone who still hasn't should sent their $150 to the Ws, use paypal and ship it to dweatherton AT the electronic mail service provided by Google.  you could also pay in person, but it's nice for them to have it in advance when possible

- still need to find someone who can pick up Brian Ray at RIC at 5pm Monday evening

- need a confirmation or official OUT statement from Leone
thengamer. com

DavidK5

• Won't... back... down...
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
Re: Virginia Meet 2018: Mon July 30th - Sat Aug 4th [10 DAY WARNING]
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2018, 10:49:34 am »
I will be passing through Richmond on Monday. I'm not sure exactly what time I will be getting there, but I was initially planning to pass through there earlier in the day (early afternoon-ish). I don't know when QB will be getting there, but I think between the two of us BRay shouldn't have a problem getting picked up.
poor performance isn't a glitch - Wouter Jansen

Matis

• Ohio Crew member since 07.
    • GE
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2018, 03:03:10 pm »
Alright all paid. Taking a slight detour before the meet to visit Mr. Lovins.

DanBurbank

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2018, 09:34:53 pm »
Just paid up, really excited for this again!  Jake and I will be getting there around 2:00PM on Monday.

TheFlash

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2018, 03:59:58 pm »
http://www.mariokart64.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1521857291/18#18

I regret to inform you all that I won't be attending the VA meet this year. I really wanted to make this happen since last year was so much fun but I just have too much going on at this exact time to make this happen. I'll be watching on twitch.

-Brian

NathanStinson

• Ab Aeterno
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2018, 10:27:14 am »
JT is confirmed. Will be arriving to VA from Frankie's with Frankie, Mgay, and me
Keeper of Jimbo's Pillow

Jonesy

• I Miss Fat Jimbo
    • twitch
    • Mario Kart Players' Page
Re: Virginia Meet 2018: Mon July 30th - Sat Aug 4th [ONE WEEK WARNING]
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2018, 01:40:53 pm »
I wanted to let everyone know as soon as I found out but unfortunately I will not be able to attend VA. :cry: my current job just fell through and I Can’t afford to spend the money to rent a van for the week. I also will have a lot to take care of so I really tried to make it work but I am not able too. I sorry that this is last minute being so close to the VA meet but I did not expect to be out of work. However I still can bring down some tvs and some of the other stuff on Monday for you guys to use for the week. Then I can come back Saturday to pick it up. I should be able to cover the gas back and forth if someone wouldn’t mind covering me for the Saturday. If not what should I pay the Weathertons for just the one day? One day is better than no days :undecided: Sorry for the last minute drop out but there is not much I can do and I appreciate your understanding.
Nash, I'm willing to cover you. Hit me up via DM on Discord.

Edit: Can we get a roll-call for who is currently planning on bringing TVs and how many we will have?

Infil

• They call me drumfil
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: Virginia Meet 2018: MK64 Tournament Discussion
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2018, 01:31:47 am »
In a surprise twist, Thingy helped me find a reasonable fare, and so I'm coming to VA last minute after all.

I am visiting Youse in Maryland the weekend before (like Thingy is), then heading down to DC alongside Thingy to ride to the house with Ng on Monday.

My flight leaves from RDU at 5:14pm Saturday, I plan to ride with DK as that airport is on his route back home.
Visit the KotHBot website!

UNO337FTW

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2018, 09:54:27 am »
Edit: Can we get a roll-call for who is currently planning on bringing TVs and how many we will have?

I can bring my TV and console for an extra station. Do we need power strips or anything else like that? Do we have tables to put the TVs on or do we need any of those 6ft folding tables? Chairs?

TheFlash

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2018, 04:49:48 pm »
I don't think chairs will be necessary. Probably don't need tables either. Anyone who worked with the setup last year who can share more?

GreatScottLP

• twitch
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2018, 09:42:14 pm »
Hi guys! My name is Scott - Abney let me know about your tournament today. I know it's a bit last minute, but I'd love to drop by and check it out if possible

I live right next to IAD if anyone needs last minute transportation. I can also bring equipment if needed, I have some good broadcast stuff.

I run the gaming program with a national non-profit and have been a Twitch streamer since 2013. I've dabbled in speedrunning TWW and Animaniacs for SNES.

Thanks!  :azn:

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2018, 04:27:30 am »
Hi Scott, if you'd like to commute in to compete in the Kart tournament you can, but you'd need to commit by the end of the weekend as we're currently locking down the roster and matchups.  If you just want to stop by and see the stream setup, watch some live matches, etc, you're certainly welcome to.

I think we're going to be set for broadcast equipment, but if you're able to bring a CRT or an extra N64 and your own controller, those might come in handy.

The first Kart matches are going to start around 7pm on Tuesday and we'll be playing around that time on Wednesday/Thursday as well.  Let us know what you decide.
thengamer. com

NathanStinson

• Ab Aeterno
    • GE
    • twitch
Re: Virginia Meet 2018: Mon July 30th - Sat Aug 4th [Starts Monday!]
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2018, 03:32:47 pm »
Hi guys! My name is Scott - Abney let me know about your tournament today. I know it's a bit last minute, but I'd love to drop by and check it out if possible

I live right next to IAD if anyone needs last minute transportation. I can also bring equipment if needed, I have some good broadcast stuff.

I run the gaming program with a national non-profit and have been a Twitch streamer since 2013. I've dabbled in speedrunning TWW and Animaniacs for SNES.

Thanks!  :azn:

As Ngamer said, if you'd like to be considered for play in matches, make sure and commit this weekend so we can get you entered
 It's a lot of fun.

I will try to get word from Mark and Lance about playing as well
Keeper of Jimbo's Pillow

GreatScottLP

• twitch
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2018, 04:37:03 pm »
Hi Scott, if you'd like to commute in to compete in the Kart tournament you can, but you'd need to commit by the end of the weekend as we're currently locking down the roster and matchups.  If you just want to stop by and see the stream setup, watch some live matches, etc, you're certainly welcome to.

I think we're going to be set for broadcast equipment, but if you're able to bring a CRT or an extra N64 and your own controller, those might come in handy.

The first Kart matches are going to start around 7pm on Tuesday and we'll be playing around that time on Wednesday/Thursday as well.  Let us know what you decide.

So I should be able to show up Monday afternoon or evening and stay through Wednesday evening! I'd love to join in the kart tournament (I doubt I'll make it farther than round of 16 so we should be good).

I can bring two N64 controllers if that's helpful

Looking forward to it!

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2018, 05:46:33 pm »
Okay Scott in that case we can assign you a slot in the tourney, just two things to be aware of:

- if you make it to the Round of 16 you might not be able to leave until pretty late on Wednesday (around midnight) because we'd have to move what would normally be a Thursday match forward one day and it could be the last event of the evening

- if you're staying overnight, bring $150 for the house fee (this helps us cover meals and other expenses)
thengamer. com

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2018, 05:57:14 pm »
I was able to stop at Nash's and grab 8 tv's, and he's bringing a couple more monday so we should be alright on CRT's

GreatScottLP

• twitch
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2018, 07:34:26 pm »
Okay Scott in that case we can assign you a slot in the tourney, just two things to be aware of:

- if you make it to the Round of 16 you might not be able to leave until pretty late on Wednesday (around midnight) because we'd have to move what would normally be a Thursday match forward one day and it could be the last event of the evening

- if you're staying overnight, bring $150 for the house fee (this helps us cover meals and other expenses)

Yeah definitely, I'll bring cash. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag, etc?

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2018, 10:47:03 pm »
If I were you I'd just bring my favorite controller, cash money, toothbrush, swim suit, towel, pillow, and sleeping bag.  That way you can be independent and crash anywhere.

EDIT - Check your pms for more info.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:56:06 pm by Ngamer »
thengamer. com

UNO337FTW

« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2018, 09:27:45 am »
I was able to stop at Nash's and grab 8 tv's, and he's bringing a couple more monday so we should be alright on CRT's

My back says "thank you!" My 27" CRT TV is a bit of a monster.

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
Re: Virginia Meet 2018 - Now LIVE! *twitch.tv/theelitegaming*
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2018, 11:46:40 pm »
VA 2018 is NOW LIVE, Abney got the stream up and running a little bit ago.  The official tournament matches will be on Abney's account to help viewership, practice rounds and everything else will be on the main Elite channel.  Check the top of the first post for those links and be sure to follow both.
thengamer. com

UNO337FTW

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2018, 09:02:54 pm »
Hopefully not my only highlight of the tourney but can someone clip me beating Frankie on KTB? It was the 2nd set of matches on Warmups on Tuesday on the main elite twitch channel I believe. 54:15 mark of the 3h57m clip from 7/31. Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 08:49:40 am by UNO337FTW »

Jonesy

• I Miss Fat Jimbo
    • twitch
    • Mario Kart Players' Page
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2018, 07:37:21 am »
Paid.

NathanStinson

• Ab Aeterno
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2018, 02:18:06 pm »
Hopefully not my only highlight of the tourney but can someone clip me beating Frankie on KTB? It was the 2nd set of matches on Warmups on Tuesday on the main elite twitch channel I believe. 54:15 mark of the 3h57m clip from 7/31. Thanks! :)

Does anyone have access to do this?

Also, do you have discord, Uno?
Keeper of Jimbo's Pillow

UNO337FTW

« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2018, 06:14:13 pm »
Yes, I do. I'm UNO337FTW there as well (#7290).

T

• Qweczol
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2018, 07:43:36 pm »
Mate where's the group pic