Author Topic: Virginia Meet 2018  (Read 5359 times)

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
I'm changing my status to OUT. I will be still keen to watch the matches this year though.

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
It's officially June and there are still spots at the house available which means non-players are now welcome to join!  Thingy, Nash, wiff, if your wives are still interested in coming please post so and we'll lock in their spots for the full week at the Lakehouse.

As for myself I've got to get back to Wisconsin ASAP after the meet so I'm currently planning to make a speedy getaway Saturday morning (like I did in 2016), which means flying in on Monday and renting a car for the week.  Haven't booked my tickets yet but I'm leaning toward arriving

6pm @ DCA

and anyone else at the airport that afternoon is welcome to ride in with me.  I'm likely going to be leaving the Lakehouse early on Saturday to catch a 7am flight out of DCA, so I can also give rides back to the airport if anyone else is interested in taking an early flight.
thengamer. com

TheFlash

• twitch
I'm singing up my wife as a non-player she's committing to come.

TheFlash

• twitch
Flights booked!

Will be flying to Philadelphia on Friday 27 July afternoon to visit House Youse for a few days.

Tentative plan is to ride the mid-afternoon MARC from Perryville to DC Union Station and take the DC Metro to DCA airport to ride with Ngamer, who has offered us seats in his rental car.

Return plans are to fly out of DCA on **SUNDAY**, we are going to stay in DC on Saturday night just for fun.

MKDSLeone

• MKDS #20 WW #2 US
    • twitch
    • MKDS Players Page Profile
Uncertain, maybe 30%, but I'm trying to get time off.

If anyone plans on driving from TX/OK/LA DEFINITELY ping me on discord. At uni at Texas A&M, willing to foot bill for gas. If I can carpool w/ someone that raises me to 60%. MKDSLeone#8193

Leone Castar
doichi is bigger than ant

TheFlash

• twitch
Uncertain, maybe 30%, but I'm trying to get time off.

If anyone plans on driving from TX/OK/LA DEFINITELY ping me on discord. At uni at Texas A&M, willing to foot bill for gas. If I can carpool w/ someone that raises me to 60%. MKDSLeone#8193

Leone Castar

Nate is from OK.  He drives or flies depending on the year. My guess is he is planning to fly this year but that could change.

Austin is from TX/OK but might not be going this year.

B. Ray is from OK too and seems to be flying.

PerfectTaste

• Patrik Nilsson
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
I'm sorry to say, but I'm out. My job and money situation is rather unsettled. Even if I'm still technically able to go, attending to this year's VA meet would cause undesirable financial stress.
"Wappayuuuu" - Cara

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
Some BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS this week!

- Mark Jones has confirmed he's IN, tickets purchased, and in fact he'll be at the house quite a bit longer than in recent years (arriving Wednesday afternoon rather than late on Thursday evening)

- Trent's not 100% yet, but Jones says he's leaning toward arriving on Wednesday aft as well and if so the two of them will drive in together

- legendary Karter and current #9 in the world Jamie White would like to attend, but his car is dead.  he says he'll pay a cool 400 American Clams to anyone who can stop by Pittsburgh to pick him up on the way.  do we have anyone coming in from the North who could grab him?

- I locked down my flights tonight, arriving 5pm @ DCA and flying out of DCA @ 7am.  also, with the original restriction lifted a "special someone" has expressed interest in flying down with me for the full week, not 100% confirmed atm, more on the situation as it develops!
thengamer. com

SGT RAGEQUIT

• Tyler Deel
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • soundcloud

- legendary Karter and current #9 in the world Jamie White would like to attend, but his car is dead.  he says he'll pay a cool 400 American Clams to anyone who can stop by Pittsburgh to pick him up on the way.  do we have anyone coming in from the North who could grab him?

You can get round-trip plane tickets for way less than $400, and I'm sure me or josh would be willing to pickup

Jimbo

• Elite Historian
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
Man I'd be all over that $400 bounty if I was going. That's too good to pass up!

TheFlash

• twitch
Man I'd be all over that $400 bounty if I was going. That's too good to pass up!

I guess you have to go now.

wheatrich

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
The list of things Jimbo will do for sums of cash that won't change anything in his life is long and lustrous.

Matis

• Ohio Crew member since 07.
    • GE
Is it too late to join? Also how does it work with bringing the lady as a non gamer?

TheFlash

• twitch
Is it too late to join? Also how does it work with bringing the lady as a non gamer?

So far there are 22 who have confirmed they are planning to attend, with a projected max capacity of 25.  Since we are past the June 1 deadline, both gamers and family can sign up to come if they are serious about attending.

At this point it's basically a first come first served situation, but we aren't requiring a deposit/payment to reserve your slot either.  In Ng's words, a "firm commitment" is enough.

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
That's correct, we still have room at the house so you're both welcome to join.
thengamer. com

Rigger in Chief

• SC Host
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016CommunityContributor
    • 2017CommunityContributor
Still waiting on info from school. I should have my decision sometime next week
Rigging Contests One Round at a Time

Matis

• GE
I don't think the wife can come, but you can sign me up. I'll request off tomorrow.

Joshua Nash

• I sell propane and propane accessories.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Sorry I've been really busy. I just had to get a new job and I wanted to make sure I could still get off for VA. Down side to a new job is that this will be another unpaid vacation which sucks but im just thankful that I can go. :)

I can bring everything again but it depends on how many people I will need to transport. I spent a lot last year renting a van and I don't mind doing it again but If I bringJamie White and Brittany I cant bring as many crts. I could always rent a trailer for around $150.00 probably but I'm not sure if the van I rent has a trailer hitch. Also I will try to be saving money on this trip so I would rather not have to get a trailer as well. I don't think we used all of the crts I brought last year but I don't remember. I have plenty to bring so if I could get a number it would help.

As for picking up Jamie I would be happy to because $400 is really tempting to make a drive out to Pittsburgh but its 6 to 7 hours out of the way. Brittany will not want to turn a 3 hour drive into a 9 hour drive. At my last PA meet Jeff Martin (dirtyharry44) took the train from Pittsburgh and I looked up prices and it would be about $130.00 roundtrip. So that is always an option for him.

As for Brittany she still does plan on coming for the week but she might just come for half of the week because she has had some things come up. I will try to find out this week on the dates she will be there.
 I cant wait for VA this year  :nesquik:

Jonesy

• I Miss Fat Jimbo
    • twitch
    • Mario Kart Players' Page
It shouldn't be completely on you to bring the TVs. I don't mind kicking in some money to help offset the cost of getting stuff there, and I'm sure we could convince some others to as well. We should probably talk about how many CRTs we will actually need so you don't have to do more than you need to.

As for Brittany she still does plan on coming for the week but she might just come for half of the week because she has had some things come up. I will try to find out this week on the dates she will be there.

Also, FYI, there appear to be only 2-3 open spaces and there are currently ~5 people (including Brittany) who haven't really given a solid confirmation. Since it's already June 1, I'm pretty sure it's first come first serve as long as you provide a solid commitment. PSA for everyone really.

Joshua Nash

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Just got a confirmation from Brittany she will not be able to come this year because of personal family issues. She is ok but is unable to attend and might make it a bit easier to plan now that she won’t be on the fence about coming for the whole week or just half.

Dennison

Virginia 2018 looks like it has a tighter roster this year. I'm working on the arrangements now, and I might need a ride from the airport. Mark me as 60% in. Expect an update from me very shortly. I'll be 100% once I buy my plane tickets.

:pimp:

UNO337FTW

Hi guys. I'm interested in attending the play-ins. I wasn't able to find the address. I live in Richmond so I was hoping to be able to drive down each day, but I may need to board my dog depending on location. If it's not public info then please just PM me. Thanks in advance.

TheFlash

• twitch
Hi guys. I'm interested in attending the play-ins. I wasn't able to find the address. I live in Richmond so I was hoping to be able to drive down each day, but I may need to board my dog depending on location. If it's not public info then please just PM me. Thanks in advance.

The meet location is approximately 1 hour or 60 miles northwest of Richmond Airport so if you are closer than that you can easily travel back and forth. We have had non-sleepover guests in the past and also people who come for the play-in and may or may not advance to the main tournament.

You would probably be asked to be present by a certain time on Tuesday for a play-in match. Activities tend to continue beyond midnight and restart around noon each day, if that works for your schedule.

The address is not shared publicly because it is someone's home. We can send it to you once you're confirmed to be coming. Are you a member of the Mario Kart Players Page? If not, you might be placed in a play-in for the play-in as an unseeded, unknown player. But if you have a resume that can bump up your starting position. See the MK64 tournament thread for more information.

UNO337FTW

The meet location is approximately 1 hour or 60 miles northwest of Richmond Airport so if you are closer than that you can easily travel back and forth. We have had non-sleepover guests in the past and also people who come for the play-in and may or may not advance to the main tournament.

You would probably be asked to be present by a certain time on Tuesday for a play-in match. Activities tend to continue beyond midnight and restart around noon each day, if that works for your schedule.

The address is not shared publicly because it is someone's home. We can send it to you once you're confirmed to be coming. Are you a member of the Mario Kart Players Page? If not, you might be placed in a play-in for the play-in as an unseeded, unknown player. But if you have a resume that can bump up your starting position. See the MK64 tournament thread for more information.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured about the address. I live in Glen Allen, VA which is considered the West End of Richmond, so hopefully not too far away.

I am not a member of the Mario Kart Players Page. A local Barcade recently started running N64 tournaments and it's reinvigorated my love for my all time favorite game, Mario Kart 64. I don't mind being unseeded. And if I had a resume it would be on Battle Mode anyway. :P

Who is the best person to connect with to exchange info?

Thanks again, looking forward to it.

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
GOOD NEWS everyone, I've secured a true Ringer!  My friend from GameFAQs is the two time and defending champion of the big Kart tournament a PAX West, and this year he was able to secure enough vacation time to join us at the Lakehouse.  I explained that moving from PAX to the VA playing field is like going from the minors to the major leagues but he thinks he's up to the challenge.  We'll find out soon enough!

Menji's going to ride in from DCA along with me and Thingy 1 and Thing 2, but we still have room to take one more person (if we rent a larger car).
thengamer. com

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
Dear UNO, you're welcome to commute in and join us for the Kart tournament.  We're finalizing everyone's attendance right now so the schedule isn't set in stone, but we're going to want you at the house on either Tuesday the 31st or Wednesday the 1st to do your Play In, and your match would be either in the afternoon (3-4pm) or 8pm.  If you survive and advance we would need you back for Thursday and then possibly Friday depending on how well you do.

Keep this topic bookmarked, I'll post back with more details once the schedule is finalized and if you're still interested at that time, I'll pm you the address.
thengamer. com

UNO337FTW

Dear UNO, you're welcome to commute in and join us for the Kart tournament.  We're finalizing everyone's attendance right now so the schedule isn't set in stone, but we're going to want you at the house on either Tuesday the 31st or Wednesday the 1st to do your Play In, and your match would be either in the afternoon (3-4pm) or 8pm.  If you survive and advance we would need you back for Thursday and then possibly Friday depending on how well you do.

Keep this topic bookmarked, I'll post back with more details once the schedule is finalized and if you're still interested at that time, I'll pm you the address.

Thanks, Ngamer! I have no issues making those times. I'm also happy to bring anything that would be helpful to everyone if needed as well. Talk with you soon.

Matis

• GE
I have requested off, what is the paypall account I should send the money to?

wishiwasfamous

• derp
    • GE
    • PD
Btw I am officially out this year. New job starting August 1 and we are in Florida the week before. Still hoping to make it back next year!

Matis

• GE
...hey

DavidK5

• Won't... back... down...
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
Paid.  :pimp:

I'm going to be driving from Florida and plan to bring my desktop rig for the sunroom.
poor performance isn't a glitch - Wouter Jansen

Dennison

I'm out this year, so 0%. I've decided to stay home to continue finishing my classes this summer, and to take some time to find a better job. It'll be fun to watch the stream for the very first time! Also, I'm working on carving out more time to stream regularly when I play games, so look out for that.

*raises glass*

Joshua Nash

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Would Jamie like to take the train to my place and ride with me? I will most likely just rent a van again and stuff all the tvs I can fit. I think we had plenty last year so if he comes with me it shouldn’t be an issue.

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
Josh what train station should Jamie shoot for to get as close to your house as possible?
thengamer. com

Joshua Nash

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Lancaster PA (LNC)

duffjr

• <3 Rosie Jones
Barring some kind of miracle, I won't come for reasons unknown. 

Ngamer

• Swagger Personified
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • thengamer.com
We are now exactly FOUR WEEKS from arriving at the Lakehouse!  Things to consider here in the final month:

- everyone should sent their $150 to the Ws, use paypal and ship it to dweatherton AT the electronic mail service provided by Google.  you could also pay in person, but it's nice for them to have it in advance when possible

- we need to find someone who can pick up Trent at IAD at 6pm Monday evening

- need to find someone who can pick up Brian Ray at RIC at 5pm Monday evening

- need a confirmation from Qwec and to hear his travel plans

- same for Beck Abney

- same for Austin, Jamie White, Leone

Then for departures...

+ need someone who can drive Menji/Thingy/Soph to DCA on Saturday afternoon

+ need someone who can drive Jones and Mgay to IAD Saturday afternoon

+ need someone who can drive Brian to RIC Saturday at noon
thengamer. com

Jonesy

• I Miss Fat Jimbo
    • twitch
    • Mario Kart Players' Page
Re: Virginia Meet 2018: Mon July 30th - Sat Aug 4th [LAST MONTH WARNING]
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2018, 06:27:01 PM »
+ need someone who can drive Jones and Mgay to IAD Saturday afternoon

I'm renting a car so I can drive myself and MGay to IAD on Sat.

NathanStinson

• Ab Aeterno
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »
I'll likely also need a ride to RIC with Brian on that Saturday. I don't have my leaving flight yet but that will likely be my cheapest option. I will post for sure when I have my tickets
Keeper of Jimbo's Pillow

abney317

• twitch
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2018, 08:23:23 PM »
Flights booked. Weatherton's paid. Kyle picking me up.

Arriving DCA 10:45am Monday
Leaving DCA 6:30pm Saturday

UNO337FTW

We are now exactly FOUR WEEKS from arriving at the Lakehouse!  Things to consider here in the final month:

- everyone should sent their $150 to the Ws, use paypal and ship it to dweatherton AT the electronic mail service provided by Google.  you could also pay in person, but it's nice for them to have it in advance when possible

Hey Ngamer, I was waiting for additional details via PM. Should I go ahead and pay now? I wasn't sure if the schedule was finalized, etc. Thanks!

TheFlash

• twitch
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2018, 03:40:56 PM »
Hey Ngamer, I was waiting for additional details via PM. Should I go ahead and pay now? I wasn't sure if the schedule was finalized, etc. Thanks!

Here's the latest proposed schedule for the MK64 tournament:

https://forums.the-elite.net/index.php?topic=22497.msg454618#msg454618

It's not 100% confirmed yet, seems like Jones has been busy lately, but you would probably be in a play-in Tuesday evening.

You can certainly pay now if you're sure you can make it, just confirm here afterward.

UNO337FTW

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2018, 03:55:17 PM »

Here's the latest proposed schedule for the MK64 tournament:

https://forums.the-elite.net/index.php?topic=22497.msg454618#msg454618

It's not 100% confirmed yet, seems like Jones has been busy lately, but you would probably be in a play-in Tuesday evening.

You can certainly pay now if you're sure you can make it, just confirm here afterward.

Done! I added UNO337FTW as a note on the payment.

kyleb30

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2018, 04:07:57 PM »
Flights booked. Weatherton's paid. Kyle picking me up.

Arriving DCA 10:45am Monday
Leaving DCA 6:30pm Saturday

All accurate. Additionally I have 1-2 more car spaces for the trip to and from the lake house. If you have a flight to DCA around these time OR a flight to IAD by 10ish Monday (lol) or with an hour of the 6:30PM flight Saturday, we can work something out. Just let me know, I live in between both airports so it’s no big deal

Additionally, our current plan is to get to the house around 2pm on Monday, gonna steal all the good beds and then maybe try and get the stream setup. :afro:

Joshua Nash

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »
I’ve been looking for a cheaper van rental and not much has come up but I did find some cheaper truck rentals so I will most likely go with renting a truck. I might be able to fit the same amount of tvs but I might not. Either way I still should be able to bring more than enough for the tournament. I just hope it won’t rain too bad but it should be fine. Just 22 more days! :nesquik:

NathanStinson

• Ab Aeterno
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2018, 05:31:09 PM »
Booked.
Arriving Monday with Frankie.
Leaving Sunday from IAD at 5:40. Riding with Mgay and Jones
Keeper of Jimbo's Pillow

Qwezzo

• Qweczol
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2018, 11:32:30 PM »
I'm 99% going at this point, I'm looking for a new job so hopefully it won't be a problem, haven't talked to Ragequit about if he can/will drive me yet, if he can't I'll drive myself
--
I'll almost certainly be paying the Weathertons upon my arrival at the house

TheFlash

• twitch
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2018, 01:33:48 AM »

Earlier in the thread Jones reported that he is driving to IAD on Saturday instead. Are you staying at the airport overnight?

NathanStinson

• Ab Aeterno
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2018, 09:06:49 AM »

Earlier in the thread Jones reported that he is driving to IAD on Saturday instead. Are you staying at the airport overnight?

My mistake. I was typing in a hurry before leaving work.
I am arriving on Sunday to Frankie's and riding in w/him and Mgay.
I am leaving the next Saturday from IAD, riding with Jones and Mgay
Keeper of Jimbo's Pillow

EliminatorJr

• Bobandy
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »
Welp looks like I'm out boys. I can't get off work for the week.  :cry:
No way, Mr. Lahey. I NEED a cheeseburger!