Author Topic: The Steven Zwartjes Saga Continues - Possible Aztec Strat Vid Coming Soon?!?  (Read 20171 times)

eastwood

• GE
    • twitch
I hope to finish this all with a suprise video, but also still working on that :)

Will be back soon.

Exciting stuff! Looking forward to see your Aztec strat reveal vid, waiting with bated breath!

Shadow

• The American Shadow
    • GE
    • PD
    • 2017SilverStar
It's very enjoyable seeing some of the ancient players post every once in a while. Looking forward to your video, Steven.

Jimbo

• Elite Historian
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
Nothing is going to happen. This is all garbage by a mini Todd Rogers. Taking the same stance as Luke.

Whiteted

• AF1 51 or bust
    • GE
    • PD
[Fragment of the-elite.net pie recipe]

Step 4. Cook at 180 for a few weeks
Step 5. Serve your humble pie with new potatoes

Blue Khakis

Can't wait to finally learn how to start Aztec in second gear.

Whiteted

• AF1 51 or bust
    • GE
    • PD

Keeping an eye on this. If this is true, we could see some Aztec strategy revolution. Maybe we are gonna save 2,3 seconds on all 3 difficulties all over again... maybe more.  :)

stefankok

Here is the interview that i held with Steven. There's still 3 questions which i haven't received answers from yet which should be here shortly but here is all of the interview so far. I did my best translating it, but there can be some errors.  :smiley:
Here is the original untranslated/unedited interview for anybody who happens to be dutch.  :smokin:
https://pastebin.com/pzEgsQyZ

Nice initiative, this interview. I will answer the questions as well as i possibly can. I hope that i still remember most of it, because there are some events here that are from 20 years ago. :)

Q: What kind of tournaments did you participate in? And do you remember what place you reached? List everything that you remember.

A: I have played quite a bit of tournaments.
-Street Fighter 2 SNES 1992, NL Championships: Became national champion.
-Dutch Nintendo Championships 1993: got knocked out in the last 16.
-NL Nintendo Championships 1994: got knocked out in the last 32.
Patrick Wessels reached first there.
-NL Nintendo Championships 1995: got knocked out in the last 16.
-NL Nintendo Championships 1996: got knocked out in the last 16.
Every year i saw the name Wessels above me on the rankings.
-Mario Kart 64 NL Championships 1997:  got knocked out in the last 8 in VS mode.
First meeting with Patrick Wessels.
As you can see from the above, pretty much all of it just came up short from reaching the top. After meeting Wessels and we became friends from that day on everything changed. From that moment on there were a lot of games that we "beuked"(pounded out is the closest translation i can think of lol) as we liked to call it.
Together we analyzed every game that we played and found the depth of every game. From the moment that our friendship began and we combined our gaming skills and knowledge, we seemed unbeatable at every Nintendo Tournament in which we participated. I think that i learned real gaming thanks to Patrick.

-NL Nintendo Championships 1998 Waddinxveen: Became 1st, Patrick 2nd.
-NL Mario Kart Championships 1999: Became 1st, Patrick 2nd.
-NL Nintendo Championships Star Wars Racer 1999: Became 2nd, Patrick 1st.
-NL Nintendo Championships 2000: Became 3rd, Patrick 1st.
-NL Wave Race Championships 2001: Became 2nd, Piet den Dulk 1st. Southern Island 1'31"1 PAL in the preliminaries.
-1080 Snowboarding Championships 2001: Became 1st. I set the then current WR on Mountain Village time trial in the final round.
-NLG Norway '07 meeting with topgamers, lots of different games. 3 golden medals and 1 bronze.

Q: Do you remember the content of the tapes you made and to who you send them to? The only ones that surfaced online was a tape with Goldeneye, Lylatwars(Star Fox) and Wave Race from 1998(which i believe Greg Ihnatenko had) and a Mario Kart tape which shows your LR 1'58"65(i think Ben Miller originally had this). According to a lot of old forum posts we found that were posted by Michael Liem and you, you send out tapes to Iacopo Sorce. I asked Iacopo if he still has some of your tapes, but he doesn't recall that and thinks he might have never gotten a tape from you (he said he could be wrong). I found that a bit strange.

A: In that time i have indeed send out a lot of tapes. Iacopo Sorce definitely must have gotten several tapes, yes. The people i had contact with about the tapes were Ben Miller, Kevin Booth, Greg Ihnatenko, but most of the tapes were send to Rene Elsaesser. I also can't recall that a lot of that came online. I haven't had contact with him in years. I did go to Austria together with Patrick for a game meeting with the Elsaessers. They have also been to the Netherlands with Greg Ihnatenko. Back then i've also had frequent contact with Kevin Booth. Maybe he can tell some interesting fragments of that time.

Q: Are there any other games where you did very good that weren't on the N64? We know about Street Fighter 2. I also read in a post from Sargoth that you were very good at Trackmania and that you played Counter Strike and that a professional team tried to recruit you.

A: I was completely crazy about Trackmania. I have played that pretty intensively for a couple of months. Ultimately i peaked out at number 1 and stopped then. With me there were always phases in which i completely lose myself in a game and give myself a goal. Once that goal is reached, i liked to switch to a different game that appeals to me. Unfortunately i have never been able to play games normally. Maybe some other speedgamers can recognize this. You play a new game and everything has to get fast and tight right away and you're searching in depth for stuff that can help you become better and quicker in the game. You just can't switch off that part of yourself. That's also what happened with Counter Strike. I lost myself in that game so quickly that i was often "beuken" it from 1 PM in the afternoon to 11 AM in the moring, and then i find out that i have an appointment at 11 AM.
I was indeed asked to join a top Clan.
I thought about it for a moment but for the first time i declined something related to games. I was just deepened in the real social life (will come back later to this), that i didn't want to fall back to a life behind a console with the curtains closed again. ;)

Now about your Aztec times from Goldeneye.

Q: Why did you not give an explanation of your strategy in Aztec at first? Why did it take so long before you finally came with an actual description? I think i know the answer to this question already kind of. In a conversation with Karel (at least according to him) that you were tired of people that were copy pasting the strats from other people instead of thinking for themselves.

A: This part is just a bit different than what people will think. I started out on message boards very positive and enthusiastically with sharing knowledge and new inventions. I was often proud when i found out something that was "out of the box". I think in the time that i was active as a gamer that i was always helpful in the community through personal chats with lots of different people and posts on the message board.
And also because i joined a lot of meetings, it was a lot of fun to test each others skills and to exchange strats.

However, it started to disappoint me at the moment i noticed that the group of people who were actively trying to raise the level of the community was very small. A couple of people were very busy analyzing the game in depth and sharing their discoveries. Sometimes you can be busy for hours or days trying to succesfully work out your idea in a game. That can be frustrating when the majority of the crowd just copies that new strat just to get a WR quickly.

I do think that my behaviour back then regarding that was immature and somewhat arrogant. That arrogance also came from somewhere and i will come back later to that. :)
It also took a lot of years to see such things in yourself and to change into something which i hope works better for myself and my environment.

So now i can enjoy watching a current community such as the Elite. You see what it does when everybody is open and contributes their share of knowledge/strats.
It's a solid big group of gamers who play the same game and brought it to an absurdly high level with combined forces.

The fact that the Aztec strategy came out so late was partially because of the above mentioned immature reason. The reason why it took years later for me to post again was because of the following:
At my parent's home there was no internet.
The only time in which i can access the internet in those years were as a HBO(college) student at school. I posted my new times and new strats there with my heart's desire. Then i can game from 18:00 to often 4 AM in the morning at home. But my alarm clock did go off at 6:30 for school. The dark circles below my eyes that i build up for years then are still partly there. It seems that they can't be rubbed away anymore. :)
So back then my access to the internet was always restricted and for a period i didn't have access to the internet at all because i fucked up my HBO(college) study. I had to find employment to pay back my study to my parents. So my work became stocking shelves at the Edah(former dutch supermarket chain). :)
I don't think that i posted on the forums for a long time throughout that period. Then i went on and lived alone by myself. I barely had any money but i was able to get by with some food, a job and an old dusty Nintendo. Time to do some (speed)gaming one more time. That succeeded. I played for hours after work and got into it just like back in the day. I didn't get a PC in my house until a year later. That was also the first year in which i really started to develop in other aspects than gaming. Something which i will get back to later  :). Thanks to that development i lost my interest in gaming that year completely and made room for other things in life.
For me i was done with it at once and i didn't look back at the forums for one second.

Q: A lot of people from the Elite found your description that you gave in the old 2005 post on the MK forums rather vague. Can you describe it again and with as much detail as possible? The best would be if you demonstrated this and described it in a video of course, that should convince everybody who still doubts. David Clemens, a Goldeneye player found a new strat to open the glass on Aztec to get 1:26 in 2010. This strat is somewhat similar to the strat you described, but not exactly. Is this the same strat that you used?

A: I will present the entire strategy on video which is going to be accompanied with a detailed description. My strategy is indeed different than the one that David Clemens used in his run.

Q: In your 2005 post about the Aztec strat, you said the following "there is another trick that saves some seconds that i dont see is done in the aztec 1´36 vid but that will come later". Michael Fried wanted to know what the trick was. I see it being explained in a later post in the same topic. Maybe you can explain the extra strat/trick again for him.

A: This is actually about multiple things:
You can shoot a bit earlier towards the sliding door on your way to the black room with the glass.
Then you can shoot the 2 guards that are running up against each other behind the sliding door through the door early on.
This causes one of the guards to the right further away to already get up closer. He is often in the same line as the 2 guards on the front and so you can also kill him before the sliding door is open. Now you can directly go in a left strafe and kill the guard to the right at the back and directly follow your way leading to the mainframe door. Should save you a good amount of time compared to the 1:36 video.

Aside from that, back then i also noticed that you can do the shuttle room in which you shoot the left mainframe with a faster strategy. Something which gets used in the current strategy.

Now about your Luigi Raceway(and Sherbet Land)

Q: You said in the "Zwartjes LR" topic from 2005 that you were going to make a video showing some laps that were just as fast as in your 1'58"14 or at least close, but nothing came of that. At that moment you were busy playing Mario Kart Double Dash. There is a known effect in the community that playing a lot of Double Dash fucks up your ability to play well in MK64. Were you experiencing that effect and is that why you couldn't make that video happen? Or was it because of something else?

A: In 2005 i still didn't have recording equipment or a capture card. Besides that, my drive to really go for something was in comparison the 90s rather low. I seem to remember that i also stopped playing Double Dash fairly quickly.

Q: Your second 2-shroomer lap was the strongest lap in your 1'58"14 PR. It is that lap in particular what people like Daniel Burbank find very hard to believe. Even now in 2018 there is only one person that beat your split and that is VAJ(Vincent Tolhuis). Did you do something different than Matthias did in the current world record? Something with the mystery boost maybe? I think not and that you just did it with better gliding and shorter slides etc. but i still ask it just in case.

A: The so called mystery boost isn't even possible on a 2-shroomer on LR. In order to get a very strong 2-shroomer you must take the last turn through the grass along the wall really very tight. Aside from that, the angle and spot at which you go into the grass is essential to come out perfectly on the asphalt just before the last shroom runs out. Nailing that turn is the key to getting a strong time and you accomplish this by "feeling" it after  a long session. Of course, spacing is also important like on every course. Especially on the first turn i set in my last SSMT before the 4 MTs relatively late. Doing that prevents you from doing unnecessarily long slides in the turn because you otherwise would come out to early with the last MT during the turn.

Q: Back then you were also playing Sherbet Land but failed in scoring a PR. You said that your best 1-shroomer there was a 38"51. You had the potential to go below the 1'56 by a good bit. That failed and you just gave up? Does it still bother you that you never finished a good 3lap?

A: On Sherbet Land i have always felt i had the most potential. You can gain so much time on this track by cutting each lakejump from the outside to the inside as good as possible and jumping over as big a hole as possible. Something that entails the necessary risks.
Just like in LR 3lap i didn't want to settle for half the work and thus i played with the neccessary risks. I purposely wanted to set a time that is close to my potential or that realizes it and not half the work. Something which bothers me that i could not make it happen on SL. Very glad that i persevered this hard on LR where i finally pulled through. :)

Some extra questions.

Q: Any idea if the Elsässer's are still reachable? It looks like they aren't on facebook and seem to have disappeared. Iacopo couldn't find them anywhere either.

A: I think that you found Rene on Facebook in the meantime. The Elsässer's haven't been active in gaming for years i think. I'm curious about their daily life and if they still possess or know something essential from that time.

Q: Are you still in touch with other old school dutch karters/gamers like Michael Liem, Piet den Dulk, Edwin Peeters, whoever...can you tell them about the topic and link it to them? Maybe they can then tell us something that isn't yet known. Every bit of information is appreciated! They don't even have to be dutch necessarily, people like Kevin Booth are also more than welcome to share their thoughts and information.

A: I noticed that because of this recently created topic that a lot of people from back in the day respond to it which i really like.
Some people i haven't seen in a long time. Fortunately there will soon be the world championship for SMK which i will attend. Nice to see everyone again and to chat a lot.
I would indeed find it interesting to talk with people online like Sargoth or Kevin Booth who won't be there to reminisce about stories from back in the day.

2 bonus questions. They are completely optional and you don't have to answer them if you don't want to. I just ask them because i'm curious. :)

Q: What kind of work do you do?

A: I work at LIDL(Supermarket chain) at the office as a purchaser and i manage 70 affiliates all day which i analyze with the numbers of those affiliates, where i also use my programs for which i made myself. The ultimate goal is to ensure that every day all the trade i purchase gets put in the right spot and of the right amount in all 70 affiliates. This job does fit well with my drive in gaming from back in the day to always search for a not obvious solution. I have been doing this for 4 years and i'm happy that i finally do work that suits me.

Q: At a certain moment you were really starting to work out/train. What are you PR's for that(like Benchpress, 100m sprint, pushups for example)? The reason why i'm asking is because i'm planning to start working out this year.

A: The reason why i began training is perhaps more interesting than the PRs which i reached there. I have been rather insecure since the start of high school(high school starts at age 12 in the Netherlands so would be more like middle school in America). I had few friends, was extremely skinny and was years behind socially. The arrogance which i was so good at showing online would be hard to find back in real life. I would preferably then isolate myself in my room in which the frequency of gaming i did would easily get out of hand. My all time low in terms of body weight was when i was 21 years old: 66 kg(145 lbs) at a height of 1.95 m(approximately 6'5"). My body fat percentage was merely 6%. I always ate like a lunatic but couldn't gain any weight. 6000 kilo calories intake per day was quite normal. I was fed up with being so slender and being literally overlooked. I then began with weight training when i was 21. That also turned out to be necessary. The first time i bench-pressed was with only the bar(20 kg / 44 lbs) and was also a quite confronting but hilarious moment. After 2 reps i couldn't get the bar off of my chest and i was stuck under a mini weight. I then had to be rescued out of my awkward position by a fellow gym visitor. Just like with games i quickly set goals in my mind. It directly became 6 times training a week. In a few months time my body weight increased to 78 kg (172 lbs approx) and i already felt a lot more secure. When i was 23 i was still exercising fanatically and i achieved a body weight of 95 kg (210 lbs approx.). That year i felt i was physically at my strongest. To get back to your question i was then bench-pressing 125 kg(275 lbs approx.) for 6 reps. I also did 4 sets of push-ups of a 100 reps every other day.

When i was 23 i went to live on my own and wanted to turn everything around. I was especially very much behind things socially and didn't even learn very simple things at all yet.
I found a friend which experienced the same thing and also didn't carry over the same stuff when he moved out to live on his own. We decided to give ourselves challenging but still reachable tasks. I had to start from afar. My first task was to talk with an old man in the bus. It seems so simple but for me it was quite something. We felt a bit more secure every time after completing a task. We did things like talk to a girl in the pub, give a speech to a big group until we finally gave each other random tasks which we had to do immediately. After a certain point i dared to do everything and didn't give a fuck what all the world thought about me. I did everything i wanted to do and i always succeeded too.
Apparently that is how life works when you have confidence. It was a time which i look back to very proudly and it changed my life drastically. What i didn't think about was the fact how arrogant i was at the end of that period. Something that somebody close to me had to tell me before i really realized the effect that my behavior had on other people.
Something which in the following years after i hopefully brought more into balance.
Now i finally found the love of my life, i'm happily married and i can lead the life that i want.
It is admittedly a life without gaming but it is because of my past as a gamer that i am here where i am now today.
I do notice now while i have been browsing through game forums recently that i'm really starting to get the urge to pick up the controller again so who knows.  :)
Thanks for the nice questions, Stefan. I hope to bring a nice video online soon.

EDIT: Here is the rest of the remaining questions.  ;)
Also the last original untranslated/unedited questions and answers again. https://pastebin.com/SHs2tTxa
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:36:30 pm by stefankok »

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
Stefan posted this over to the MK64 forum... a video of SZ's "Aztec strat."  It doesn't work in this clip, but SZ seems confident he will get it to work at some point!

~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Um what exactly is this?

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Theres no way he ever claimed to go oob to get through the glass, even if you did and somehow got the dat and uploaded the guidance (which isnt all that unloaded?) going back to the portal at the start to reload the rest if the level would lose time.

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
vid is bs

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
I remember back in like 05 messing with emulatots and using no clipping and it had a similar effect to that youd clip out but the game would only load where you are, i believe hes doing that only with a gameshark. I think mcm has that option still enabled or you might need a seperate code but im 99.9% sure thats what hes doing. The onlything no clip was good for was going to the island on dam because if you did it on the dam it would load all over the water, if you went to far anywhere else everything looked blue. Maybe if you somehow could go oob in the blackroom behind the glass would still be loaded but thats really pushing it!

Ogran

• Lookup
    • Ogran
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
yo steve, wheres the strat which got you the claimed untied? thats all we want, thanks
Here in and of the dark, our city, it's streets and walls
Here we live, we are, inside our homes and malls

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
I love how he always has other people post stuff for him going all the way back to like 2002 :rollin:

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Hes usimg no clip from the very start of the level its why only that area you start in is loaded 100 percent bullshit and maybe a code to modify where bond starts or a splice.

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
*Note* Useless video/post.

Merely showing brief gameshark no-clipping codes to OOB in Aztec.  The only part remotely interesting and isn't even very interesting is the black room OOB near console in order to go behind glass and walk back in bounds.  (1:30 mark of video)

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:44:22 pm by dugg »

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
this is what we all waited for
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
There is a way to disable oob afterwards if i remember right on emulator to no clip was like l and r or something then you hit l and r again that might be mcm tho i was still in highschool last time i did that.

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Why would he even post a video of this all it proves is he has access to a gameshark which he either just bought for this video or has had for all these years which probably would explain those MK times he had all those years ago.

Aztec Exemplar

• A Significant Sex Machine
    • Mirror
    • GE
    • twitch
Couldn't come up with a more troll vid myself.
"Time's a teacher spitting since I was tying sneakers" - Jus

stefankok

Whoa, people are kind of jumping to conclusions here. Steven isn't claiming that he used this strat back in the day, nor is he claiming that he's using this now. It's just something weird that happened to him while playing which he send me. He's not trying to prove anything with the video, really.

I only intended to send it to Goose to see if he has an explanation for it, nothing else. To tell you the truth, he wasn't going for the one guard glass here, but was trying something else he found which very likely was what caused this phenomenon.

If this was the result of a gameshark code, then why would he ever send me this? Wouldn't gain him anything. He doesn't even know how to work with a gameshark. Besides, judging from a pic he send me once, there isn't even enough vertical room to have both a gameshark and GE cartridge plugged in the n64 in the spot he's keeping his console anyway.

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Using a gameshark isnt rocket science neither is pulling the consle out from the shelf and moving it to the floor... also the fact he oobs at the very beginning of the level seems rather suspicious.

Jimbo

• Elite Historian
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
Why does Steven have so many different people posting for him? This topic is some of the most cringe-y stuff I've read in a while.

BTW I think Steven is a pure fraud in every way, ala Todd Rogers, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

SammoSammy

• GE Pointless Champion
    • GE
    • twitch
Besides, judging from a pic he send me once, there isn't even enough vertical room to have both a gameshark and GE cartridge plugged in the n64 in the spot he's keeping his console anyway.

IF IT DOESN'T FIT YOU MUST ACQUIT
"What possible economic function could I possibly serve a company if I can't even get sub 1:00 Facility Agent?" - Me during a fac related breakdown

"Keep looking down, my friends" - Windows 2 The Sole

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Steven Z is the most successful con man in the history of the elite.

When even Jimbo is cringing you know you've reached legendary levels of cringe.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Steven Z is the most successful con man in the history of the elite.

When even Jimbo is cringing you know you've reached legendary levels of cringe.
Not sure about most successful since at least 90 percent of the people here arent buying his claims for a second! In 15 years hes showed 2 videos 1 of something everyones tried in aztec a few times and 1 of his masterful use of a gameshark... if people are still drinking the punch after that theyll believe anything.

stevenZ

• GE
Wow so much negativity around here and many assumptions made from no where. Like using a gameshark to get out of bounce. I have just sent this short video to Stefan after it happened because I was just suprised. I dont even have any idea who this guy called "Huzi" is who posted my vid plus I dont even know how a gameshark works. It wasnt even my intention to post this vid on the message board. And people are not posting for me. They just like to post those things themselves. I am glad I am no longer part of this community where everyone has to bite the dust and treathened like he is some sort of convict.

I have nothing to prove anymore for myself. My gaming era is over and I am happy with the life I have now. I do really like it nowadays to turn the Nintendo on now and then. Unfortunately I havent felt the drive yet to play a 10 hour session for the Aztec single guard strat. I have been fooling around a bit with a new aztec strat though and its faster than the current strat. It involves starting out with 2.4 control style luring the guard in the cutscene in the launch protocol room. He will walk all the way to Bonds starting position. Lure him and the mainframe guard again when standing against the glass. This way you immediately have 2 guards ready to run to the glass and open it.
Good luck getting the WR. Im out and done on the MB for awhile here with all this negative atmosphere.
Peace and enjoy the games.

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Your the biggest joke in this community you cant even explain how you supposedly did this one guard lure years ago and now your trying to come up with new strategies that dont involve 1 guard bc it never worked, you never got it to work then, and you cant get it to work now!

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
Your not man enough to be like yup i was an angst filled kid at the time and was sick of the game so i lied about the strat at the time and i apologies!

Ray Ruane

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Guys leave him alone. Clearly he's telling the truth and just doesn't feel like playing the level for 10 hours in the last 15 odd years to claim an untied World Record at that time. Totally understandable.

--

• Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
lmfao

Ok, I suppose the "Steven Zwartjes: The Todd Rogers of N64?" video is on.

Rützou

• Marc R
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Lmao what a joke. Getting glass open with one guard is simply not possible. Period.

• 50 Cent
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
this topic belong to ffa

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
It belongs in the Display Case Museum forum, along with A Call For Peace, the Decipheration IQ thread, my kok aint standing more thread, etc.

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
I have been fooling around a bit with a new aztec strat though and its faster than the current strat. It involves starting out with 2.4 control style luring the guard in the cutscene in the launch protocol room. He will walk all the way to Bonds starting position. Lure him and the mainframe guard again when standing against the glass. This way you immediately have 2 guards ready to run to the glass and open it.

1. Did you really think we hadn't already tested this? No offense but you can't just come back after 15+ years of absence and expect to come up with revolutionary strats.
2. What makes you say it's faster than current strat? If you had actually tested this, you'd know that the guard will be at the exhaust bay by the time we do the glass lure, meaning it's definitely slower than modern strats.

Honestly, alot of the "strats" you've posted over the years seem more like untested ideas...

Others have already mentioned it, but for fun I decided to try and google "Goldeneye No Clip Gameshark" and when you go to the very first resulting page, and try out the Aztec code found there, it puts you at seemingly the same location seen in this video. This is interesting, because the position No Clip uses is actually quite arbitrary (near the far crates in 2nd room). Think about it, there's an entire level where Bond could be, but somehow both end up in roughly the same spot? If this isn't No Clip then it's one hell of a coincidence.

The only other conceivable non-arbitary position would be the origin (which is in the black room). While the positions are somewhat close, it's still a 2000 unit difference. Since it's further away, there should be a difference in the size of the starting position of Bond, seen in the distance, which can be used to determine where Steven ended up. As a reference height, I used the image of the bullet in the lower right corner. Note that Wide/Cinema would change this ratio, but since there are no black borders on Stevens video, I'll assume he used Full.

No Clip:

33/38 = ~87%

Origin:

23/38 = ~60%

Steven:

11/13 = ~85%

Given this, I think we can say with reasonable certainty that Steven did not end up at the origin, but rather at the No Clip spot, which as stated earlier, would be extremely unlikely if he did not use a gameshark.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:26:21 am by Wyst3r »

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Pwned
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

Aztec Exemplar

• A Significant Sex Machine
    • Mirror
    • GE
    • twitch
"Time's a teacher spitting since I was tying sneakers" - Jus

Whiteted

• AF1 51 or bust
    • GE
    • PD
Reading this I understand that code as this:

No Clipping X-Coordinate
D0064F31 0030   // Wait until byte 30 is at some address to execute the next instruction:
800B03ED 0050   // Constantly write byte 50 to some address
880B03ED 0000   // Writes 00 to some address when you press the GS button apparently

with the 'Z-coordinate code' pretty identical.

It doesn't look to me like these actually set Bond's location, and so somehow the location that Bond ends up at is 'natural'. So I think the spot that Steven is at is pretty unsurprising, given that he's managed to escape the normal start point.
Obviously escaping the start point is itself very surprising, and I too would like to know how he did it. Shame we're back to declaring him a witch really.

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
The code only writes one of the four bytes of Bond's X and Z position (with the value 0x00 in this case, 0x50 puts you on the bridge and is triggered by L+R or something), which means it gets the other 3 bytes from the starting position. So unless you're saying the game would "naturally" change only 1 byte, and the exact same byte (which happens to be at an unaligned address...), with the same value, there's nothing natural about it. Change any of these parameters and you could end up in a vastly different position.

--

• Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Yikes.  Steven "almost certainly" using a Gameshark here also casts further doubt on his Mario Kart Luigi's Raceway "scrolling proof" video.

Whiteted

• AF1 51 or bust
    • GE
    • PD
Apologies for not checking the addresses out, I didn't realise they matched up with the RAM - I thought they were altering the ROM. That's a disgusting 'no-clip' and whoever wrote it should be ashamed lol.
I also looked at the speed and the origin is too far since Bond only takes about 7s from no speed in that video. There's a good bit of error in those pixel measurements but at the very least it is pretty near the Gameshark code spot. I'll agree it doesn't seem a very natural spot.

Rützou

• Marc R
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
EXPOSED by Henrik the INTJ MASTERMIND.

Blue Khakis

I, for one, am actually pretty happy with this outcome.

For me, the pre-video era when this whole issue started is  like 'The Old Times' or 'The Days of the First Men' in terms of the history of the Elite- an era shrouded in the mists of time, from when very few records exist, and we have to piece together what we can from the evidence we have.

I remember watching the Aztec Speedlore and being kind of intruiging by the mythical Zwartjes glass open, it felt kind of like hearing the story of Alexander cleaving the gordian knot in two; your analytical side thinks that, yeah, it's fun to think about, but realistically, probably didn't happen, but the part of you that responds to the timeless power of a good story still wants to believe that the legends are real, and it still bugs you every now and then, like "what if it really did happen?"

So as a newcomer, it's actually kind of satisfying to have Zwartjes come back on the scene and completely wreck any remaining credibility he had left and provide closure that he is in fact a complete fraud. He's now shown beyond any reasonable doubt that he is completely unable to provide any evidence of his claims and now hides behind the age old classic of 'people being sceptical of claims which I have failed to prove over a period of more than a decade have hurt my feelings so I'm going to punish you by not showing you my evidence'. I feel this provides a pretty fitting end to this chapter of elite history, we can take him out of the Alexander category and correctly give him the Judas/Ephialtes reputation he deserves.