Author Topic: I know this question is a slight bit out of place, just wanted to ask though  (Read 549 times)

BigBlackDog

• GE
Alright, i have never played PD in all my years on this planet (GRAB THE SHOTGUNS!!) so i know fuck-all about speedrunning it. Not asking for tips, just wanted to know if it is one of those games like GE where you can grind for 150+ hours and not get any WRs/PRs, or if it's as easy as washing one of those little Smart cars, and whistling Dixie while doing so. In conclusion, i just want some input on if this game is an ok speedgame for a starter speedrunner, or if I need to practice a shitton before i can do anything notable. (Bonus question, how long do you think it will take for Karl to be overthrown as king of PD?)

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
Well it's made by the same developers at Rare, and many of the mechanics are similar. As for the difficulties of getting times, it's easier to get points in PD, but harder to get WRs. Only 22 people currently have one or more WR in the game.
Discord: @JDBlack#9593

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
yes and no

BigBlackDog

• GE
Well it's made by the same developers at Rare, and many of the mechanics are similar. As for the difficulties of getting times, it's easier to get points in PD, but harder to get WRs. Only 22 people currently have one or more WR in the game.
Thanks for the feedback!

EliminatorJr

• Bobandy
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
PD doesn't have as many players as GE, but the WRs are all very good. So yeah getting points isn't hard, but other than during the league the PD rankings are pretty irrel till like top 25 pr so. Maybe top 30 idk I'm pulling random numbers but yeah. A lot easier to get top 50 in PD than in GE
No way, Mr. Lahey. I NEED a cheeseburger!

punjabie

• GE
    • PD
Ill just say this. It took me an entire year to get to 3000 points in GE. Ill do it in PD in 2 months. Mind you more experience now blah blah blah but still....

Vermin

• GE
    • twitch
Alright, i have never played PD in all my years on this planet (GRAB THE SHOTGUNS!!) so i know fuck-all about speedrunning it. Not asking for tips, just wanted to know if it is one of those games like GE where you can grind for 150+ hours and not get any WRs/PRs, or if it's as easy as washing one of those little Smart cars, and whistling Dixie while doing so. In conclusion, i just want some input on if this game is an ok speedgame for a starter speedrunner, or if I need to practice a shitton before i can do anything notable. (Bonus question, how long do you think it will take for Karl to be overthrown as king of PD?)

PD might be a bit too high IQ for you mate

Guado

• Guado
    • GE
    • PD
I've done a small amount of both, and I believe PD is not easier per se, but definitely less optimized, allowing for more strat breakthroughs and more momentum toward WRs just by relative ease of getting points. Pretty sure Def 5 should be much more tied but isn't due to lack of players.

Then again, I still haven't beaten PD but it's an awesome game and I highly recommend at least completing it.

I managed Def A 20 in a few hours after reading Paragon's guide. Getting those big glitches then optimizing them feels pretty awesome.
90+ hrs into XC2 NG+, going for 100%. Be back when I get bored.