Author Topic: So Im having obs and amarec issues  (Read 257 times)

punjabie

• GE
    • PD
So Im having obs and amarec issues
« on: July 28, 2018, 01:03:55 am »
Alright so Im hoping someone can help me here. Obs keeps freezing on me so I give up on obs and switching back to amarec. Only problem is when I record with amarec and go to the vid file it says "the item was encoded with a file thats not supported". Then the file starts to play after I hit ok there is no video but the audio is playing. So I go ahead and throw it into my vidcoder a voila. Ive got audio and video again. Im using lags codec btw but ive even tried it with their codec and its the same thing. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Any insight on why my obs keeps freezing or how to prevent it from doing so would be greatly appreciated as well. Thank you

Edit: So it would seem I was finally able to work out all my issues with amarec, but the issue with obs still remains the same.

OBS: So Ive completely uninstalled obs and reinstalled it(done this a couple times) and for around 20 min obs will work fine. Then it freezes so I restart obs and it usually doesnt take to long before it crashes/freezes again. Ive tried changing all sorts of settings, mainly to use less gpu but to no avail. Besides my computer should be able to handle obs at any setting no problem anyway. I will note that if I restart my computer and start obs fresh that way, it takes a bit longer to quite a bit longer before it finally crashes again. But once it does it will just keep crashing over and over again rather quickly. Its just so weird that obs has worked without any problems for so long and now all of a sudden it doesnt want to work anymore. Im really scratching my head here. If anyone has anything at all on this please by all means give many any ideas you got. Anyways thanks for your time have a nice day m8's!

One last note: When I say freezes it basically just records the frame it froze on indefinitely until I hit stop recording. Cheers
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 03:32:03 am by Punjabie »

Ryker

• GE
    • twitch
Re: So Im having obs and amarec issues
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 07:55:06 pm »
when you say "freezes it basically just records the frame it froze on indefinitely until I hit stop recording." does OBS still function, can you click about in it at all or does it all just lock up?

punjabie

• GE
    • PD
Re: So Im having obs and amarec issues
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 03:22:42 pm »
Ya I can still click around in obs. I can actually stop recording and re start recording as well but no idea as to what it will actually records. I assume its nothing good tho. On another note obs ran perfectly for me yesterday after I reinstalled it for the 10th time so lets just hope it continues to work.