Author Topic: Secret Area you may or may not know of  (Read 450 times)

Terran

Secret Area you may or may not know of
« on: August 10, 2018, 11:25:50 PM »
I was just talking about this and I've never met anyone who knows about it. So I signed up here to see if anyone else here might. In the Rescue mission, there is a secret area. From the start, go around the first corner, walk a little further and enter the elevator to the left. Go up, and turn right. There is a long hallway with a guard at the end. You have to be at the right distance to do it right. He can't be allowed to move or it won't work, because he moves too far from the door. Shoot the gun out of his hand without killing him. Pick up the gun. If I remember, there is a chance he will pull a pistol on you, else he will run away. There is a chance he will run toward the door and open it. That's how you get in. Beyond that door is a secret area. At the end of the secret area, there is a room. If I remember right there is a table in that room, with an alien gun on the table with a couple of guards. It's a pistol with two modes, one of them being an explosive mode.

Surely SOMEONE has done it before? I did it first by accident. It took me at least 30 attempts to repeat it. I can't find any youtube footage of anyone doing it. Surely someone knows about it or surely someone here has the means to bypass the door and see for themselves?

JDBlack21

• A Keen Eye™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
Re: Secret Area you may or may not know of
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:32:17 PM »
A picture of this area, or even better, a video, would help us to visualize more what you mean.

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 11:41:07 PM »
this has been known since 2001 apparently
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/n64/198275-perfect-dark/faqs/7756
explanation of how to do it is there, I can make a video if you still can't do it

Terran

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 11:45:56 PM »
I just sent a picture. You can see the guard at the door, and the elevator to the right. I haven't done it in years, and I'm not prepared to spend hours trying to do it again. It's been many years. You need to walk up to a certain distance from him, before he moves but close enough that you can pick up his gun before he does. Timing is key and it's difficult to pull off.

Here is a video. The guard you need to do the trick on is at 1:40.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:48:10 PM »
...or if you KO rather than kill the mechanic in Infiltration, he'll open the door for you. :nesquik:

Terran

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 11:56:33 PM »
According to that guide...

Now, in the current level (Area 51: Rescue), watch the opening cinema
until Jonathan triggers the hovercrate, then press start and speed
strafe to the lift and you'll be able to get on just as the doors close.
Don't mess with any guards. When the elevator takes you to the catwalks
above, turn RIGHT and follow the long path to a lone soldier. Kill him
then attempt to open the door. "This door is locked." Wait for it...aha!
That same guy you punched out will open the door for you from the other
side, then run away -- so kill him or punch him out, whatever it takes.
Inside this secret hangar, go up the ramp to the left, take the
elevator, go through the halls, and you'll find the Phoenix pistol --
aka the dildo gun -- lying on a table near some bulletproof windows.

The explanation is nonsense and impossible, it is a paradox. How can you kill him, and suddenly the same guy opens the door from the other side, who is not killed and is now somehow punched out and revived? It makes no sense. Either way, it is the same secret area. I don't see how this method is possible or even coherent. My way definitely works, but takes many attempts. Is anyone able to provide an alternative and coherent way to do it?

Terran

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:49 PM »
How can he open the door if he is KO and effectively dead? And how can he do it by somehow reviving himself and being on the other side at the same time?

Terran

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 11:58:20 PM »
Oh, you mean the previous mission.

Terran

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »
OK I just found a video of someone else doing it with a cloak (A cheat I think?). The video doesn't show the room with the alien gun however, just some of the area beyond the door.

JDBlack21

• A Keen Eye™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 12:33:46 AM »
I just sent a picture.

I was talking about a picture of the room with the table.

Your Eliteness

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 02:58:37 AM »
Yeah, this is nothing new. The "secret area" is the ending area of Maian SOS. There's a Phoenix on a small table.

You're supposed to keep the mechanic alive in Infiltration, then he'll be there in Rescue and will open the door 3 seconds after you attempt to open it (it's locked). See his scripting here: https://ryandwyer.gitlab.io/gepd-function-explorer/pd-rescue-0413.html - it's about halfway down. You can alternatively trick the guard into opening the door like you did.

BTW, people have reverse engineered the raw game data so the chances of finding a secret room is zero.

PJplum

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 08:10:39 AM »
I thought this was quite common knowledge.
An alternative way to blow the hole up with the phoenix

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 02:14:31 PM »
Thats about as secret as getting into the pond punk for the second scoped falcon and cheese

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 01:57:55 AM »
Since this thread ended up basically being a total joke, I thought I'd make something out of it by posting an actual hidden area that is totally inaccessible by any normal means provided within the game.

In this video, I use the gameshark code "Walk through walls" as this was the best code I could find to do this. I couldnt find a standard "Walk through doors" code like the one for Goldeneye, so this had to suffice.

On Escape, there are some "Superlocked" doors, such as the one immediately to your left upon exiting the first lab. These doors cannot be opened. Not from behind, not by a guard, not at all. These doors lead to an area that contains some interesting things. I used gameshark to get around this door, as you can see in the video.

Now, this is not actually anything new, and is also already known about. What we have here is another instance of "stored" items and actors for the special cinema, similar to the secret rocket room on the ground level of Extraction. I made this clear by using crossbow bolts and a remote mine.

The only thing that has me befuddled, is the extra bed with Elvis. It seemingly has no purpose at all. The only thing that comes to mind is that it could be some type of backup in case the original bed with Elvis gets lost somehow, although this is very far fetched. It is most likely just a leftover object, placed in an area that is made to be inaccessible.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:07:45 AM by flicker »

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 08:45:34 PM »
an actual hidden area that is totally inaccessible by any normal means provided within the game.

I take it back, you can get into the locked lab without gameshark by triggering the alternate ending in which you are supposed to leave on the jetbike. This unlocks the first superlocked door, then by luring a guard all the way to the lab door, you can get him to open it as it is not superlocked. This method misses out on seeing the stored bed and Elvis, but the 2nd extra bed is still there.

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 12:47:47 AM »
Flicker.  Keeping with the theme of already-known PD gameshark stuff I figured I'd leave this here too:

From my basic understanding of PD GS codes, you have to have a Hi-Res enabler in order to use other codes.
For the longest while I was using an older enabler:

Older Hi-Res enabler:
FF1EAE00 0000

This older Hi-Res enabler code works fine (I use GS v3.3 non-PC linked) for the most part except it won't let me play single player on Villa or Infil. (game/gs crashes/freezes)

I came across this "better" Hi-Res enabler:

FF72C5A0 0000

This enabler seemingly works just as good as the older enabler I used and it allows you to use your codes while accessing single player Villa/Infil unlike the other enabler.  If you read Krijy's FAQ or even an informative post by Wreck (links below), it should explain more in-depth on the limitations of using different enablers.   I suggested this enabler is better due to what Wreck says in the thread below.  Apparently you can access all levels and use up to 250+ lines of code where other enablers limited you to only 10 lines of code thus causing crashing of game/gs.

More info:
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=6373&sid=19f5027d6f1a0b8a5df7a37d142e1fec
this link above refers to information from:
http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/perfectdark/PDLM_Files/Perfect_Dark_Level_Modding_FAQ_by_Krijy.txt

dugg

• Bouncer at Red Lobster
    • dugg
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 01:39:12 AM »
I use the gameshark code "Walk through walls" as this was the best code I could find to do this. I couldnt find a standard "Walk through doors" code like the one for Goldeneye, so this had to suffice.

Walk Through Doors:
80285798 0001

This code is titled "Almost No Collisions" however on my GS I just call it "thru doors" as it works to walk through doors/objects.  I think enemies can see you through closed doors while this is on and they can walk through doors too.

Here are 3 other door codes but I don't use them very often:
*Note* "With these codes, you can go through locked doors! Use only one door code at a time and u may have to squeeze through or crouch to go through doors."

Able To Go Through Most Doors:   
8022E5FC 0001
Able To Go Through Some Other Different Doors:   
8022E608 0001
Able To Go Through Some Other Doors:
8022E5F8 0001

Also, here is a neat code that acts like the Goldeneye GS code that keeps enemies in their initial location and they don't leave it.  Although a shooting animation can get them to move slightly.  Cool to see their "initial placement".  Works on spawns too.

Guards Don't Go On Patrol:
80273E4C 0020

See Initial Character Placement:
8023E698 0020

This code is similar to "Guards Don't Go On Patrol" in how it keeps all guards in their starting positions.  However it affects all NPCs.  Also, they don't have guns and are basically dead although they can be shot and will die.  Some guards seem to walk around but they don't react to Joanna.
Haven't explored much with this code as it tends to freeze/crash.  It also seems to kill friendly NPCs (Elvis, Jonathan, Pres) during opening cutscenes.  Another neat thing this code does is show guards in locations you wouldn't normally expect to be.

This site has a nice setup and good amount of codes for both games:
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/antigsc/index.php?codes&dev=gs&system=n64&game=pdark/pdarkhi
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 01:48:34 AM by dugg »