Author Topic: ATTN: EVERYONE  (Read 451 times)

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
ATTN: EVERYONE
« on: August 23, 2018, 11:54:51 am »
Please, please, PLEASE double-check the DIFFICULTY of the time you are about to post before submitting your record to the rankings. At least once a week we see multiple second untieds, often from newer players, posted by the Discord bot in The Elite server. While a gaffe like this is often excused and laughed off by most people, it can cause heart attacks in some cases:

This is a VERY serious matter. Look, I know most people are too exhilarated after achieving a record to pay attention to the submit record form, but come on. I may have to submit a merge request to the rankings code to emphasize or increase the size of the difficulty text. Scott being a very reasonable person will surely approve it of given the frequency of this problem.

Thanks.

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: ATTN: EVERYONE
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 12:03:59 pm »
I remember I accidentally submitted my first time (bunker 1 agent 21) on the-elite as SA and panicking lol.

Simple fix: require confirmation before submitting if it is an untied, for example in this case it would say "You are submitting Pelagic II on Special agent as a 47 second untied. Are you sure this is correct and not a typo?"

JDBlack21

• A Keen Eye™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 12:59:05 pm »
I remember someone submitting an Archives Agent 0:02 a few months back. When I was fresh to the rankings I accidentally posted an archives agent 0:16 when I was trying to post 25, I don't know how I got the two confused  :nesquik:
YouTube channel
Discord: @JDBlack#9593

"It do be like dat tho" -Yung Cash Register AKA Lil Broomstick

ohmss

• OHMSS
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 01:00:19 pm »
It would help to have Agent selected by default because an actual SA or 00A time submitted as A will be just garbage instead of an insane untied claim.

I like the confirmation screen too (in any case, not just untieds).

Whiteted

• AF1 51 or bust
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 01:32:38 pm »
Simple fix: require confirmation before submitting if it is an untied, for example in this case it would say "You are submitting Pelagic II on Special agent as a 47 second untied. Are you sure this is correct and not a typo?"

Simple. Also for untied slaying WRs.

Grav

• Don't underestimate me.
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:06 pm »
yeah should take about 5 minutes for someone to code that, so expect to see it completed around the year 2025.

WR or Bust
Proof Policy Champion
Data Visualization Enthusiast

RTA/IL Rankings:
Doom 64 - https://goo.gl/LdWxjB || Blast Corps - https://goo.gl/RppsSH || Pilotwings 64 - https://goo.gl/WnS8Sh

Huzi

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 07:53:37 pm »
yeah should take about 5 minutes for someone to code that, so expect to see it completed around the year 2025.

lol :rollin: