Poll

Is TimTamz Cradle Agent 0:33 the best Untied WR in Goldeneye History?

Yes
13 (19.7%)
Almost certainly yes
15 (22.7%)
Truly remarkable
38 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Is TimTamz Cradle Agent 0:33 the best Untied WR in Goldeneye History?  (Read 2293 times)

The man who trolled and lost everything

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

killer69

Re: Is TimTamz Cradle Agent 0:33 the best Untied WR in Goldeneye History?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »
Is Cradle Agent 33 actually possible?

JDBlack21

• A Keen Eye™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 11:18:06 PM »
Is Cradle Agent 33 actually possible?

I don't know if you noticed dude but yes it is and also it was just achieved by TimTamz (Thus why this thread was even made)

Wuldntuliktono

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 04:52:41 AM »
I thought for sure clem was gonna get it first!

Guado

• 1080 Champ
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 07:51:03 AM »
I believe this marks the tenth Untied for GE this year! Keeping the streak going since ?2009?
PD has 9 this year so far if I counted right.
Top 400 PD time ranks! Hell yeahhh~

Gelonidres

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
I believe this marks the tenth Untied for GE this year! Keeping the streak going since ?2009?

It was the 12th for this year.
http://rarewrs.free.fr/goldeneye/timecutter.php?year=2018

Scrambler Fanny

• Shawn Johnson
    • GE
    • Shawn's Goldeneye Times Page
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »
Wait, what did I miss? How did console blow? Tf?!

"And I mean, I'm the GE champ.  Did you actually expect I would have a normal relationship?" -David Clemens

JDBlack21

• A Keen Eye™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 02:38:26 PM »
Wait, what did I miss? How did console blow? Tf?!

Trev pulls nades sometimes but if you kill him and the nade lands in the right spot it will blow up the console

watertemplefiend

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 11:02:22 AM »
How common is this occurrence? (Grenade + landing in right spot) Must be semi consistent as the records have been smashed the past few days, no?

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
How common is this occurrence? (Grenade + landing in right spot) Must be semi consistent as the records have been smashed the past few days, no?

Trev pulling a grenade is around a 1/3 occurrence, but this is semi skill based as you have to wait long enough before entering the hut for him to be able to pull a nade as I understand. And then the nade landing in the right spot is around another 30% according to the people who have been running it the last couple days.
PD Proof Moderator

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 12:43:18 PM »
Trev pulling a grenade is around a 1/3 occurrence, but this is semi skill based as you have to wait long enough before entering the hut for him to be able to pull a nade as I understand.

No, since Trev can pull the nade post-mortem, timing doesn't matter. Only thing is you can't hit him from too far away so the music changes.

Time was untied when set.

• Dat clutchness
    • Clemens
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 01:18:51 PM »
Based on my experience, the nade seems 30% (I had 9 kills last night and 3 nades ), and completing a on any given nade seems to be anywhere from 20 to 30% it's hard to tell if some people are just getting lucky or unlucky though. I had decent a odds on agent but it took like 10 nades to get a completion on 00
teh peoples champ

Hypnotoad

• GE
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 05:13:12 AM »
This may be a dumb question but how come this has only now been figured out after all these years? Pretty amazing.

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 05:29:01 AM »
This may be a dumb question but how come this has only now been figured out after all these years? Pretty amazing.

Because it's really an obscure glitch which allows trev to throw a grenade after he's dead before his body fades out. TAS type testing never went this deep and only really delved into how the drone kill itself works. So, nobody ever wanted to throw away a drone kill to test out something that they had no clue would be possible. Then once people achieved their 34s, most of them would quit playing cradle, besides a few, but even those few would still run around and blow up the console when they got trev kills. Finding the martyrdom nade was basically a fluke and that's just sometimes how things happen.

Hypnotoad

• GE
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 06:12:31 AM »

Because it's really an obscure glitch which allows trev to throw a grenade after he's dead before his body fades out. TAS type testing never went this deep and only really delved into how the drone kill itself works. So, nobody ever wanted to throw away a drone kill to test out something that they had no clue would be possible. Then once people achieved their 34s, most of them would quit playing cradle, besides a few, but even those few would still run around and blow up the console when they got trev kills. Finding the martyrdom nade was basically a fluke and that's just sometimes how things happen.

Thanks for the info, so who first found the martyrdom nade?

iriebutler

• GE
    • twitch
*Inventor of thumb condoms*

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 06:51:55 AM »
Thanks for the info, so who first found the martyrdom nade?

This is actually seriously under-documented so I'm going to give a decent attempt at an explanation of what went down the past week. A goose video is also coming out soon so.. yeah.

Here's a brief series of events:

Sept 5 - Clemens begins to discuss Cradle 33 in discord, including potential strats and all that would entail. He brings up the 33 TAS video and proclaims that 33 should be doable by shooting the console from the right side of the machine.

Sept 6 - That night, Clemens and Irie began playing Cradle, testing out the right side shooting strat, and before long they realized that 33 was way too tight and the strat was played out a little bit more before we had this happen.

Sept 7 - Many players jumped in on the untied gold rush, although we still didnt totally know how or what was going on to blow up the console. We speculated that, since Trev takes 1 second to drop his grenade, we needed to time a late hut entry in order to get him to drop one before actually killing him with the drone. In Clemens stream, we discussed a lot of the technical aspects of the kill and the nade drop, speculating that the nade gets "pushed" towards the console with a good death animation. Clemens also mentioned the entire thing felt like a glitch. Timmy would get his untied not too much later.

Sept 8 - Henrik would post this video to discord and things would begin to become much clearer. Henrik would also investigate the hut entry timing and its correlation to the nade drop and concluded that you can enter the hut just as fast as you would normally and still have the chance for a nade. More agent 33s begin to roll in and the race for SA/00A gets more and more heated by the minute. I think the rest is self explanatory.

To summarize: Irie got the first late console completion and people just went for it without knowing why or how. Henrik found out how it works as he usually does.

ohmss

• OHMSS
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 08:25:43 AM »
it's really an obscure glitch which allows trev to throw a grenade after he's dead before his body fades out.

I think that's by design. At the moment you defeat the end boss he does his last revenge and you gotta follow him to the grave if you're not careful. Enemies that explode upon death (or leave a poisonous cloud or whatever) are popular in all kinds of video games.

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 08:45:32 AM »
it's really an obscure glitch which allows trev to throw a grenade after he's dead before his body fades out.

I think that's by design. At the moment you defeat the end boss he does his last revenge and you gotta follow him to the grave if you're not careful. Enemies that explode upon death (or leave a poisonous cloud or whatever) are popular in all kinds of video games.

I think you're joking, but it is definitely a glitch because trev stops throwing nades once the music changes and he goes to the ending, thus this strat cannot work on LTK since the music changes instantly when bond approaches him in the hut. The rest of what you said is true, though more or less confined to RPG games and didnt really come along recently in shooters until Call of Duty's Martyrdom perk, as far as I know (and I dont know a whole lot)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:51:35 AM by flicker »

ohmss

• OHMSS
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 09:43:50 AM »
No I was not joking. But yeah, you're correct, the intended ending is on the platform so anything related to Trev dying somewhere else can hardly be intended / by design. Whether it's a glitch is a bit subjective because we can never tell for sure what the responsible developer had I mind, so I will not argue about that. Maybe it was by design in a beta-version of Cradle where non-platform kills were intended (hence an artifact). Btw, imagine a last-revenge nade on the platform ... that would be wild!

Whiteted

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 04:03:05 PM »
https://github.com/whiteted-strats/decompiled_GE_scripts/blob/master/cradle/0411_cleaned.txt

The script is waiting for Trev to get close to the pad or to be 'idle' (which presumably dying doesn't count as.. animations in general don't seem to) and it's been called 'Trun' by the Rare developers, so it's definitely unintended.
Also the odds on a grenade pull with the right setup seems to be 81/256.

spec BFR player

• what up
    • Spec
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 01:05:15 AM »

Yeah this is kind of a bust since Trev doesn't drop it when you kill him by the intended route. Would've been a nice touch, though.
Speedrun Times
Chat highlights not embed so that forums don't get clogged:
http://i.imgur.com/HPNYJKM.png
http://i.imgur.com/jDB72Q1.png

"Part of what makes a shitpost good is that it contains Truth."