Author Topic: An Important Message  (Read 1995 times)

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
An Important Message
« on: October 11, 2018, 02:20:44 am »
Your mate, one of the greatest players of all time, is streaming Bunker 1 00 Agent untied attempts. You're unable to watch because of work, commitments, etc. You come to know through discussion in the Discord that he has had both a SHOCKING 1:00/1:01 pace run to the end, and a 1:02 completion with a double missed warp.

However, you see that there is no clip posted in #lobby. You head over to the clips page of your mate's Twitch channel, only to see that no one from the 50 people in the chat had even clipped the video either. You have to resort to digging through a 6 hour VoD to find the run you are eager to watch and possibly add in your lore / journey to "X:XX time" video or clip repository thread.

There are some Eliters who aren't on Discord, or visit it infrequently. These people are completely unaware that such insane runs even happen.

My friends, try to show some responsibility! You don't want these interesting videos to be lost in the annals of time. PLEASE clip these type of amazing runs for your fellow mates to watch! If you believe the clip exceeds the Twitch imposed limit of 60 seconds, you can always clip the video into multiple clips and post all of them. It hardly takes a minute to clip a video. Twitch added this extremely convenient feature for this very purpose, and it's very sad how it is not being utilized at all.

I hope I have gotten my point across and convinced you all.

Regards,
Your Mate, Ace
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:36:14 am by Selenium Webdriver »

Re: An Important Message
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:45:29 am »
It became clear that the reporting/archiving/publication culture of this community has serious problems when noone even bothered to post Irie's Cradle discovery.

PSA: Please mind the people who are very interested in GE strat progress and breakthroughs but do not catch up on Discord and Twitch on a daily basis. Please post interesting novel stuff to the boards.

Thank you.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 07:19:43 am »
It became clear that the reporting/archiving/publication culture of this community has serious problems when noone even bothered to post Irie's Cradle discovery.

PSA: Please mind the people who are very interested in GE strat progress and breakthroughs but do not catch up on Discord and Twitch on a daily basis. Please post interesting novel stuff to the boards.

Thank you, Ace is correct.  :pimp:

Fixed it for you :)
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

DvDty

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 10:15:23 am »
Twitch clips can get lost with time. Here is a fast tutorial on how to save them if you feel it's necessary, because the video is worth more than just a watch, and will be searched later, or whatever:

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 04:14:37 pm »
https://youtu.be/feGiA7CNLsU

here's the Clemens 1:00 botched ending video.

I had to REUPLOAD it onto Zenith Legend.  Honestly, without me, Ace, Karl, Clemens, Grav, etc, the community would completely fall apart.
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 03:15:58 am »
Fixed it for you :)

Are you implying that my post contained no additional info? :thinking:

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 11:56:58 am »
https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklySavoryTermiteKAPOW

Make your mates happy. Earn respect from your peers. Do the RIGHT thing and clip runs more often!

Wouter Jansen

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 02:07:26 pm »
This responsibility should be foremost on the streamer, and youtube is tons better than twitch clips.
sexy, this

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 12:02:48 am »
This responsibility should be foremost on the streamer, and youtube is tons better than twitch clips.

A reply such as this is simply to be expected from someone who is so out of touch with the current culture.
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Wouter Jansen

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 02:53:14 pm »
It applies to this culture too.