Author Topic: Issues with the elite need to be resolved  (Read 5480 times)

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Issues with the elite need to be resolved
« on: November 27, 2018, 09:46:22 pm »
After today's events something needs to be changed in how the elite is run.
After 2 council members going rogue and making decisions pushed as "council majority" when some members were not contacted at all and others pushed to do things for them.
This decision is widely disagreed with by the majority of the community and has caused an uproar.
I will not discuss why this decision was made or who it effects but something needs to be changed in how the "council" is run.

There are one of two ways i see to remedy this which is to either:
A) Liquidate the "council" and allow all matters to go through community vote with admins who instigate the polls when issues arise and act on the community feedback.

B) Re-vote the "council" with new community decided trusted members who have the elites best interest in mind.

Either way something needs to be done on how this community is being handled and abused by certain users and other issues can be handled later.

*** NOT FOR MEMEING FOR DISCUSSION IF YOU WANT TO MEME GO TO DISCORD***
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 10:07:18 pm by KfP1995 »

Bikers

• defusing bombs on the frigate
    • twiii
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: Issues with the elite need to be resolved
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 09:47:27 pm »
put it in the fuckin bin
3:35 hitekaimerr: mate my wrist is sprained, cap card broken, and i think i just went blind

3:35 hitekaimerr: cant stream

setrackthebossdog

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 09:48:26 pm »
remove the council

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 09:49:58 pm »
bin the council
Discord: @JDBlack#9593

Vermin

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:52:25 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKgBfL9sT7M

^ Put this man on the council

Niiro Kitsune

• Have an Arabian night.
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 09:53:29 pm »
rip council
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
Discord: @JDBlack#9593

TheFlash

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 09:59:50 pm »
This decision is widely disagreed with by the majority of the community and has caused an uproar.

Based on the rules the Elite Council has posted to the rankings site, it looks like you're doing this almost correctly so far:

If public opinion of a council member becomes negative, discussion will be held in public forum to remove or replace members of the council. Likewise, when public opinion of a member of the community is favorable for addition, they shall be instated to the council.

It seems like you could try to have a public discussion about removal of a specific Council member to see if he should be removed from the list. Or a specific discussion about adding someone to the list.  So far your thread is probably a little too general.

...if you're planning on sticking to the published rules, that is.  If you're going for anarchy, then anything goes!

---

Oh, side note while I'm here, in case someone from the Elite Council reads this topic:

All council decisions will be made public to the community here: Decision Log Thread

It looks like the Elite Council may have taken action on number 4 already.  Do you normally post about such results in the Council Log thread?

I noticed there was some Elite Council activity a while ago but it seems like nothing was recorded in the Decision Log Thread.

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 10:13:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply scott!

Im fine to have a community wide discussion on how to go forward from this cause as of right now if something is not done many members are considering abandoning the elite.

Which ever is best to go forward im fine but something needs to be acted on.

Multiple members were not contacted about this decision, one admin and member was asked to make a decision and put under pressure and the result was posted to r/speedrun with no statement
on here or to anyone within the elite community

Jimbo

• Elite Historian
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 10:16:30 pm »
I truly deep down feel a council is not necessary for anything other than financial decisions - if we ever made a consistent revenue stream from ads/donations/merch, then yes - but otherwise a full community discussion and poll has always been my preferred way of operating for the majority of decisions. Disciplinary, decision-making, scheduling, rule changes, etc. Stuff like that.

mop890

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 10:18:25 pm »
My opinion probably doesn't count for much, but I think I agree with Jimbo. This looks like it was handled very poorly, and I think a community vote on certain issues would be a good way to start at the very least.

EliminatorJr

• Bobandy
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 10:18:47 pm »
I'm going to agree with Jim. It has been shown that the council is not trustable for all decisions and does not always reflect the community opinion. When Luke came in and said he wasn't even consulted in the decision or aware of it this was made clear to me. I think community wide votes would be much more beneficial to the community.
No way, Mr. Lahey. I NEED a cheeseburger!

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 10:20:41 pm »
This was handled extremely poorly by several members of the established leadership of the Elite. This is unacceptable. I agree that changes in leadership need to be made. I do not have a suggestion as to how to do so, but if something is not changed, the community's trust in the leadership is broken if not gone entirely.

My only suggestion is that we not react to this situation too quickly. The community as a whole needs to be involved in this, and since many of our members are international, nothing should be done without at least a 24 hour grace period so the entirety of the community can be awake at some point during the decision making process.
Former Owner of the "Highest Quality Webcam Stream on Twitch"

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 10:22:48 pm »
Scrap the council entirely.

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 10:23:57 pm »
If any poll or decision is made it will be very public and posted to everyone with a given at least 24 if not 48 hours to allow max viewing by all members of the elite

I agree best case is the removal of the council and having admins act on behalf of the community and the outcome of their decisions that way everyone is involved in decisions not just the council.

Who these admins are is also a later decision to be made but the first step is deciding which path to take once everyone ha had a chance to view the issues at hand and respond.

Happens

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 10:25:31 pm »
I think the best solution is a combination of both of these solutions. To handle the day-to-day needs of the elite and take care of things which don't require a community-wide vote or would otherwise be bordering on trivial, it would be nice to have a group of trustworthy people who we know care about the Elite and have a good track record in terms of not starting drama. At the same time, bigger decisions really should go to a community vote, assuming we can actually mobilize the community in an effective way. I think this is best evidenced by the response to the console reset proof policy idea that came up earlier this year. It was unpopular with the community and at that point was struck down.

What I can say for certain is that I'm ashamed to be a member of the Elite today. This entire situation has been handled extremely poorly and those involved should take a long hard look at what they've done to this community.

T

• Qweczol
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 10:28:04 pm »
I'm resigning as moderator of this board, it's not in my future plans at this point, thanks to everyone who kept it clean and made it easy on me

xzc

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 10:30:53 pm »
For me, it makes no sense to have grav and karl, two of the only high ranking players and long term members that are completely disconnected from most community discussion and happenings (choosing to remove themselves from the discord etc.) be two of the key members making decisions on the community's behalf.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 10:36:03 pm »
What I can say for certain is that I'm ashamed to be a member of the Elite today. This entire situation has been handled extremely poorly and those involved should take a long hard look at what they've done to this community.

This especially. I think I speak for a huge percentage of the community who may or may not want to be vocal about it that I don't want to be associated with any of this disgusting garbage. I just want to be able to play Perfect Dark and Goldeneye fast, but this is not at all worth being a part of the image the community is giving off.

LQwerty

• I try.
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 10:37:47 pm »
Leadership of The Elite is at an all time low right now. Clearly the higher ups here deem the council and transparency with the community irrelevant as is. The council is very clearly going downhill and should be binned to prevent these actions happening again. Community wide decisions should be made by the community and not by a small group of members with some who's best quality is a great untied but has little to no care for the actual community.

Get rid of the council, have big decisions be decided by a community wide vote moderated by a couple admins who have just as much say in the vote as everyone else.
Why you reading this?

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 10:39:48 pm »
I agree it is an awful day to be an eliter and am ashamed to be a part of this community as is.

If nothing is done toward this i don't speak for others but i will be requesting the removal of my times page and leaving the community and i know others hold this sentiment also.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 10:47:41 pm »
So,

Council made the decision a while back to ban CV from the rankings due to his character. While broadly, this looks like a rash and uneducated decision, it was in fact not. It was a thought-out process. Basic human moral code/ethics can dictate that at least three subjects: incest, cannibalism, and child exploitation, are of negative impact to society at large. What creates society are a culmination of communities. The-Elite.net, while internet-based in its communications, is a community.
The council makes majority decisions. We believed that CV created a negative, even reprehensible representation of image to The-Elite.net. His association to the community was discussed; it was a poor idea to allow someone so outspoken in the harmful subject of child exploitation to be given privileges of ranking to the competitive site, and to participate in the community as a whole. He was removed completely from the rankings, banned from the Discord, and these boards.

An unfortunate mishap also occurred here with this decision. The council, for an unknown reason (assumption of laziness or forgetfulness) failed to add this decision to the publicly-viewable decision-making log. This sparked a snowballing and very unfortunate set of circumstances, causing added confusion among The-Elite community, the speedrunning community, and the widely-involved internet as a whole. RWhiteGoose had been the most noticeably outspoken about CV. That was a circumstance. Many wordings and conversations about this individual were exchanged through direct messages and voice chatting. Goose has taken a lot of heat in the aftermath of CV's removal/ousting, simply for the fact that his opinions of him were most viewable by public eye. It is reprehensible and downright irresponsible of people to weigh his (or any) political views against such harmful a thing as child exploitation. This is what's called a strawman argument. The argument is that a person is representative of a community. If such persons are to be uncharacteristic of a community and go against what most regular people find to be foundationally unattractive to societal norms, a person can and will lose their right to be ranked. This is what happened.

What has recently transpired now is that the council has a majority decision on allowing CV back onto the rabks as a provisionary basis. Our misgivings of not properly informing the public of the original removal decision was also irresponsible. He can be ranked by the name and initials of CV. His account is frozen. He can submit his times to ranking mods and administrators to continue to be ranked.

What changes in the future is dependant on how this exaggerated dumpster fire of sorts is put out. Council is still a good fundamental idea, in my opinion, and I don't say this simply because I hold a spot on it. I like to think I'm very transparent when it comes to sharing my perspective, and I hope it can be appreciated among those who read what I have to say.

Cheers folks

EDIT: I'm not against community votes. I like the council as a body because of the esteem of knowledgeable persons, high-ranking players, those of large perspective in multiple areas, and those who've shown dedication of the community. I don't disagree that some changes could be made to the roster.

...but i will be requesting the removal of my times page...

The times page will stay. Read the proof policy!
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2018, 10:50:58 pm »
I agree it is an awful day to be an eliter and am ashamed to be a part of this community as is.

If nothing is done toward this i don't speak for others but i will be requesting the removal of my times page and leaving the community and i know others hold this sentiment also.

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 10:51:49 pm »
Along with the aforementioned issues the main issues is he is just a bad community member, anyone who interacted with him no longer wanted to whether it was this or previous communities.
He is banned from multiple sites including reddit for the way he acts towards others and is a generally bad person to have in a community whether he holds the views he has or not.

The main issue as of right now as stated is how to deal with the community as the general uproar does NOT agree with this reinstatement and feels cheated by the elite leadership and something must be done about that.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 10:53:57 pm »
A reason for his reinstatement (on a provisional basis), is a play of fairness by us on the fact that we as the council screwed up by not informing people and being as transparent as we hope to be. People make mistakes. We're rectifying it.

Happens

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 11:03:01 pm »
The times page will stay. Read the proof policy!

What about anonymizing?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:10:37 pm by Happens »

Niiro Kitsune

• Have an Arabian night.
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 11:09:00 pm »
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

TheFlash

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 11:11:29 pm »
What about anonymizing?

This has been done many times in the past out of respect for individuals who wish to go by a different name.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 11:19:05 pm »
What about anonymizing?

This has been done many times in the past out of respect for individuals who wish to go by a different name.

Exactly!

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 11:29:09 pm »
I don't mind if the council is removed and you guys want to do public votes on things. The original decision to ban [Banned User #7] wasn't a public vote and was done pretty quickly tbh. It would be really great to absolve specific members of responsibility with some of these matters because they are getting a lot of backlash for it.

Now that [Banned User #7] is back on the rankings feel free to settle the matter in whatever way you want. If that's a public vote cool, but at least it will be a community decision and definitely not a perceived personal vendetta (as in the case of Goose).

Also, a big fuck you to the people who think hanging out in a discord means you care more about this community. I've been here for almost 20 years and I've seen a lot of good community members come and go. I still run the game almost daily and have more reasons than almost all of you to care about the community or GE. You might not agree with my actions or behaviour but to say I don't care is one of the most moronic things I've heard.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2018, 11:35:04 pm »
I appreciate your reply on reasoning and how you feel thank you Karl.

On the line of moving forward which do you think would be the best action from your perspective in terms of community leadership and decisions?

wheatrich

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2018, 11:36:20 pm »
tl;dr dinosaur post carry on

It's amusing to me that Goose got someone else kicked off for character in the-elite.  He's definitely gotten people wanting him gone around here at least a few times himself in the past.  (goose at least was a drama queen if you are unaware of the-elite history)  I haven't been in discord at all lately so idk what's going on here so I'll just keep this simple--some of the shit several of the council members have said I've seen are lifetime ban worthy themselves. 

Getting banned from reddit is not a good look I'll admit, there's a lot of shit allowed on reddit.

idk when you have a community of speedrunners on the internet you're gonna get a bunch of not totally right people and it's tough to draw the line as we also should be a welcoming community.  (btw this community still has nothing on the kart 64 world on that wtf front).

There's also a difference between banning discord/ranks and all that jazz.  It's annoying to basically have to do this on a case by case basis because outrage and divisiveness like this between the-elite and whatever the council is these days tends to happen.  We also have a lot of people with a mentality "DO THIS NOW OR I'LL START CRYING LIKE A CHILD" and it takes time to get a hold of everyone in the council, get them informed as much as possible, then come to some kind of decision"

fwiw, my preference is not to kick times we think are legit off the ranks unless we have to.

For me, it makes no sense to have grav and karl, two of the only high ranking players and long term members that are completely disconnected from most community discussion and happenings (choosing to remove themselves from the discord etc.) be two of the key members making decisions on the community's behalf.

That was the criticism of some of the dinos on there previously.  (it was a fair one, they just weren't around anymore at the time).  Karl's playing about every night at least even if he's not in discord per se.

Dr. Light

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2018, 11:37:53 pm »
For the council, people have stated their opinions of it prior to the official statement by Trouble but I still agree that it should be taken down or at least people within the council need to be removed. There have been people stating their disdain for certain higher ups and I feel this was just the straw that broke the camels back on their opinions of these individuals to bring it forward to others.
Its ya boy, Dr. Fuck

wheatrich

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2018, 11:46:51 pm »
After today's events something needs to be changed in how the elite is run.
After 2 council members going rogue and making decisions pushed as "council majority" when some members were not contacted at all and others pushed to do things for them.

Which 2 of 3 I immediately thought of was it this time?

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2018, 11:49:03 pm »
Council made the decision a while back to ban CV from the rankings due to his character.

A quick clarification: site administration ruled (not due to any council decision) that all of his identifying information would be removed from the site. The council decision was between leaving his timespage up with removed name/initials and removing him entirely. This vote was 7-1 (with 1 not responding) to remove him entirely. Also, I find it a bit misleading to say "because of his character". I believe a more thorough explanation might be in order, given the misunderstandings already present.

That being said, I think community votes would be a very good idea, given the underhandedness and quick, thoughtless, unsubstantiated actions demonstrated by the council today.
PD Proof Moderator

Botched Movie Quotes

• Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2018, 11:56:18 pm »
I appreciate your reply on reasoning and how you feel thank you Karl.

On the line of moving forward which do you think would be the best action from your perspective in terms of community leadership and decisions?

I always felt that at the end of the day the community decides what should happen. While I'm on the council I will have a say but if people don't want that I'm fully OK with that. If there is a public vote and people don't want a council that's fine.

I don't necessarily even want to get too into what I think because I'd say most people don't care for it anyway. I'd hope not to become mixed up in future drama and just be relatively peaceful. That's not to say I don't care btw, because I care a lot, but it's just hurting me more than doing me any good.

In this particular instance though I felt it was my duty to wrong a right that was done in the past. Now you can move forward how you want but me and Goose will be absent. Our potential careers are either helped or damaged by the communities actions.

To be clear there were SIX total council members today who were ok with these actions being done, and things were done hastily because of tons of attention being brought to the elite on reddit atm. Again, never fear, you can publicly vote to do what you like now.

Botched Movie Quotes

• Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2018, 11:59:03 pm »
Council made the decision a while back to ban CV from the rankings due to his character.

This vote was 7-1 (with 1 not responding) to remove him entirely.

Which poll. The [Banned User #7] banning poll is 4-4. The 7-1 was about what to do with removed persons, not about removing [Banned User #7] specifically.

xzc

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2018, 12:00:36 am »
I don't mind if the council is removed and you guys want to do public votes on things. The original decision to ban [Banned User #7] wasn't a public vote and was done pretty quickly tbh. It would be really great to absolve specific members of responsibility with some of these matters because they are getting a lot of backlash for it.

Now that [Banned User #7] is back on the rankings feel free to settle the matter in whatever way you want. If that's a public vote cool, but at least it will be a community decision and definitely not a perceived personal vendetta (as in the case of Goose).

Also, a big fuck you to the people who think hanging out in a discord means you care more about this community. I've been here for almost 20 years and I've seen a lot of good community members come and go. I still run the game almost daily and have more reasons than almost all of you to care about the community or GE. You might not agree with my actions or behaviour but to say I don't care is one of the most moronic things I've heard.

I never said you didnt care or did not have a reason to care about the community, just that you are likely pretty out of touch with the majority opinion. In fact I think this was made evident through your efforts to unban CV, then make a public statement on reddit as the number one prioroty, doing this before communicating directly with more than a few other eliters. You seem to do your own thing and have your own community with your own stream/discord/etc. There’s no issue with that, and i appreciate your commitment to the game, but I just dont believe youre in the best position to represent a collective of individuals views when youre completely disconnected from the majority of the individuals who you are representing. Assuming this situation arose from perfectly genuine intentions, and had nothing to do with individual members of the commitee worrying about personal reputation, I think this is an explanation for the clearly troublesome behavior and decision making of the committee today.

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2018, 12:02:02 am »

This vote was 7-1 (with 1 not responding) to remove him entirely.

Which poll. The [Banned User #7] banning poll is 4-4. The 7-1 was about what to do with removed persons, not about removing [Banned User #7] specifically.

Yes, the 4-4 poll was not the impetus for him being removed nor did it have anything to do with the admin's decision to ban him, and occurred months before he was banned. I am referring to the poll on what to do with him once he was removed. The removal was not a decision by the council nor something the council has or had any say in once it happened.
PD Proof Moderator

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2018, 12:09:03 am »
MW, I explained the "because of character" piece further on in my post.

For the now and future precedent, I'll create an official community and council thread for the outright ban of CV/Banned User #7/ [Banned User #7].

Botched Movie Quotes

• Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2018, 12:11:50 am »
I don't think this case should be a council decision. I strongly recommend a public community vote.

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2018, 12:12:27 am »
On the character point i expanded after you wrote it's being pushed as due to his reddit history and political opinions when it is also to do with his conduct within this and other communities as he is just someone toxic to have participate in a community as show by multiple site bans and peoples opinion toward him in the-elite.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2018, 12:13:56 am »
Community-only poll was created.

Rigger in Chief

• SC Host
    • Austin Perroux
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016CommunityContributor
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2018, 01:34:05 am »
Outside opinion, I don't know the full details:

If the community did vote in favor of banning [Banned User #7] for the purposes of not wanting to be associated with someone who supported pedophilia, incest etc. but allowed some of the posts to be said by certain users in the discord server, what does that look like? It looks, to people outside of the community, like we're advocating in favor of some of things that are said in that server that others might not find stellar. By banning a user for certain controversial beliefs but leaving other users who post controversial beliefs, it leads outside users to begin to believe the administration supports said beliefs. Just an observation
Rigging Contests One Round at a Time

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2018, 01:39:15 am »
Outside opinion, I don't know the full details:

If the community did vote in favor of banning [Banned User #7] for the purposes of not wanting to be associated with someone who supported pedophilia, incest etc. but allowed some of the posts to be said by certain users in the discord server, what does that look like? It looks, to people outside of the community, like we're advocating in favor of some of things that are said in that server that others might not find stellar. By banning a user for certain controversial beliefs but leaving other users who post controversial beliefs, it leads outside users to begin to believe the administration supports said beliefs. Just an observation

> Weighing political views against the exploitation of children 🤔

throwaway22

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2018, 04:32:35 am »
Literally had to create a throwaway because of how dumb this post is:

Basic human moral code/ethics can dictate that at least three subjects: incest, cannibalism, and child exploitation, are of negative impact to society at large. What creates society are a culmination of communities. The-Elite.net, while internet-based in its communications, is a community.

None of this nonsense you invented is relevant to an online ranking board and forum, regardless of how hard you try to crow bar it in. Nothing related to "cannibalism" has any effect on an online community.

The council makes majority decisions. We believed that CV created a negative, even reprehensible representation of image to The-Elite.net.

Posts a user makes on one site don't reflect in any way on a different site the user also posts on. This just isn't true. Nobody holds online websites responsible for the moral character of their largely anonymous members, as long as they don't post bad content on that site. Again, you've invented this idea of representation.

it was a poor idea to allow someone so outspoken in the harmful subject of child exploitation to be given privileges of ranking to the competitive site, and to participate in the community as a whole.

No it wasn't. It literally doesn't matter.

It is reprehensible and downright irresponsible of people to weigh his (or any) political views against such harmful a thing as child exploitation. This is what's called a strawman argument.

That's not what a straw man is. And screaming "child exploitation" as much as you can in a post doesn't make you right.

The argument is that a person is representative of a community.

It's not. Nobody sensible believes this. It's insane to even consider.

I could go on debunking the nonsense in your post, but instead think about this: It's the council's decision to go on a power trip and not mind their own business that was what really did the damage to this site. Your talk of "pedophilia" "child exploitation" and "the-elite.net" are now plastered all over reddit with tens of thousands of people watching. I wonder what the the-elite.net's search engine ranking is now for "pedophilia"?  :thinking: concern
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:40:40 am by throwaway22 »

throwaway22

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2018, 04:39:05 am »
> Weighing political views against the exploitation of children 🤔

A person posting opinions on the internet is not equivalent to actual "exploitation of children", regardless of how much you seem to want it to be. This is the classic "words = violence" rhetoric you hear from rabid sjw leftists who's real goal is to simply silence people they don't agree with.

Whether you like it or not, views on age of consent are sexuality in adolescents ARE valid political views, together with views about incest. Opinions on these issues vary radically depending on country, culture, and time. Even if you live in the West, laws on these topics will change if you drive 200 miles in any direction.

What really happened is that you were so offended by somebody else's political views that you decided to use your power to censor them wherever you could, even where not relevant, and then invent post-hoc rationalization about something to do with "community representation". Exactly like every other SJW hive mind does.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:51:28 am by throwaway22 »

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2018, 04:43:59 am »
i tell you if i read another "political view"...

also: Posts: 2

please go away
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2018, 06:16:03 am »
i tell you if i read another "political view"...

also: Posts: 2

please go away

This. ^^

Also, creating an alt, whoever you are, is also despicable. Own up to your identity and share your disgusting views as a respresentative of yourself.

Oh wait, anon keyboard warrior syndrome... My condolences.

/Thread

throwaway22

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2018, 06:20:52 am »

This. ^^

Also, creating an alt, whoever you are, is also despicable. Own up to your identity and share your disgusting views as a respresentative of yourself.

Oh wait, anon keyboard warrior syndrome... My condolences.

/Thread

Why should I? You've brazenly revealed yourself to be a Fascist. Anonymity was created to protect the world from people like you.