Poll

Do you agree with implementing this new section into the proof policy?

Yes
13 (56.5%)
No
10 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Healthy Elite Council Amendment Request  (Read 1961 times)

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
Healthy Elite Council Amendment Request
« on: November 28, 2018, 11:18:12 am »
Unfortunately, it is clear from recent council decisions that they, once again, are out of touch with the actual community. Thus, I am posting this poll, and if, (1) this poll receives at least 25 total votes from community members, and (2) the “Yes” option wins (simple majority), I am adding this new rule to the proof policy myself on behalf of the community, not some unelected council:
Section X:

Part 1:
All council decisions are final, unless overridden by the community as a whole.  An individual who has been ruled against may make a single thread on the forums requesting a private vote of the community.  Posters may argue or even reveal their private votes in the thread, but no user will ever be forced to reveal their vote in the matter to the larger community. In order to protect the privacy of voters, and given that council members are also forum moderators, voters can vote in the thread itself, or PM their votes to a designated, disinterested, Eliter agreed upon by both the user creating the thread and the Elite Council. This designated Eliter will share the vote tally they received, but not the names of the voters.  Also, given the sensitivity of the matter, any admin or designated Eliter caught sharing the private votes of others shall be removed permanently from their position, and if currently a council member, shall also be forever removed from that position as well.
In order for a poll to successfully override a council decision, the poll must (1) received at least 25 total votes from community members, and (2) the “override” option must win at least 60% of the vote.  A poll must remain up for of seven days, at which time the vote is finalized.

Part 2:
A council member may also be removed by the community. The method shall be identical to the one provided in Part 1, except that the “remove” option must receive at least 66% of the vote.  A single person may not make more than one “Remove X From The Council” thread per six-month period, and must make a good-faith argument as to why said council member should be removed in the thread calling for a vote.   

Part 3:
In addition to the council, the community may also edit the proof policy.  The vote shall be identical to the one provided in Part 1, expect that only a 55% majority will be needed to make the change permanent.   The Elite Council may not edit a section of the proof policy written in by community vote.  A single member may not suggest more than 1 proof policy change per three-month period.

Part 4:
Every four months, one member of the Elite Council will have to be re-elected to their position. The Council Member up for re-election shall be determined by last name alphabetical order, moving down the list every four months. There shall be two rounds to this voting, a first round where community members will vote for one out of all of the declared candidates, and a second where the top two vote getters from round one are the only options. Each round of voting shall not take more than a week. The winner of round two will retain the Council position until their time for re-election comes, unless they are removed for other reasons beforehand.  A sudden vacancy may be filled by The Elite Council, but that decision can be overridden as described in Part 1.  Only a community member who has PR’d in either normal mode or D/LTK in the past year shall be eligible to run for council elections.   

Part 5:
The term “community member”, at this time, shall be defined as “any person with points on either normal mode or D/LTK.”  This definition may also be changed by a poll similar to the one described in Part 1, except that the change must receive a 50% + 1 majority.  This section of the proof policy may not be edited in any way by The Elite Council, and is removed from their review.   Only the community may make any changes to this section.  “

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
Re: Healthy Elite Council Amendment Request
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:51:30 pm »
I agree with the sentiment above but before changes are made to policies i believe the council needs to be removed and either reinstated with a newly voted in council or none what so ever.

Also i believe the community should have a vote equal to council members so when something is decided by council it needs to be a majority in both council and community there fore decisions acted upon are agreed by the wide spread community and not a select few people talking in private

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 05:22:10 pm »
btw I'm resigning from the council (which I should have done earlier). any other moderation roles I have can also be removed. I couldn't care less about what happens in this place anymore and I have also been turncoated by several people who I thought were friends. Cya

TheFlash

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 05:26:18 pm »
btw I'm resigning from the council (which I should have done earlier).

Thank you for letting us know about your decision. I am going to post this to the Council Log Thread on your behalf.

Are you also quitting at board moderator for GoldenEye and Other Games?

AntVenom

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 05:28:51 pm »
Voting no because of section 3. It's too abuse-able. Part 4 feels like an incredible chore to have to undertake every 4 months. Maybe once a year would be better.

Edit: If each of these had individual polls, I would have voted yes on 1, 2, and 5.

Bikers

• defusing bombs on the frigate
    • twiii
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 05:30:50 pm »
btw I'm resigning from the council (which I should have done earlier). any other moderation roles I have can also be removed. I couldn't care less about what happens in this place anymore and I have also been turncoated by several people who I thought were friends. Cya

:nesquik:
3:35 hitekaimerr: mate my wrist is sprained, cap card broken, and i think i just went blind

3:35 hitekaimerr: cant stream

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 05:34:33 pm »
I feel like the best solution would be to give the community 50% of voting power, and give the other 50% to the council. This would prevent abuse but also allow the community to have more of a voice. I never really liked the fact a lot of council decisions were discussed and decided on privately.

Guado

• Guado
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 05:38:49 pm »
Awww Grav I thought you were great on the council. You brought a lot of great ideas forward and really made fantasy league great this year. (I think that was you)

Shame. I think the council was a great idea and hate to see it go. True, I don't particularly like it, but I think the people on it truly had the-elite's prosperity in mind. Fight me.
90+ hrs into XC2 NG+, going for 100%. Be back when I get bored.

Blue Khakis

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 01:04:34 am »
Agree with Harry and Alka, 50% Council and 50% Community seems very sensible.

Grav

• thank u, next
    • GE
    • twitch
    • 2016SilverStar
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 11:28:10 am »
I enjoyed my time in the roles I had but the community fragmented too much and it's too much work to get what I want done for what worth.

It wont matter anyway because this cringeworthy apology tour by the suddenly big boy spagooda will likely result in us not even being able to contribute if we wanted to. What hilarity it is how this kid all of a sudden gets like this despite witnessing our convos for years. Too beta to confront anyone without a social media mob to support him  :nesquik:

People will come to learn how much more the elite needed us (and karl) than the opposite. For everyone who helped me make this place better and for everyone who made this place a fun place to be in, thank you.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 11:54:30 am »
Your contributions and dedication to the-elite as a whole, GE in particular, and several proof policy issues won't be forgotten anytime soon, Grav. Not to mention that neat statistics topic of yours, which I really appreciated. Thank you very much for all the hard work you've done.

Yendis

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 12:00:43 pm »
I enjoyed my time in the roles I had but the community fragmented too much and it's too much work to get what I want done for what worth.

It wont matter anyway because this cringeworthy apology tour by the suddenly big boy spagooda will likely result in us not even being able to contribute if we wanted to. What hilarity it is how this kid all of a sudden gets like this despite witnessing our convos for years. Too beta to confront anyone without a social media mob to support him  :nesquik:

People will come to learn how much more the elite needed us (and karl) than the opposite. For everyone who helped me make this place better and for everyone who made this place a fun place to be in, thank you.

Of course the community gets fragmented when certain people hold extremist views. Spagooda seemed to me like he tried to salvage whatever positive public opinion of the elite was left which is reasonable after the disaster this situation has been. And honestly, I wouldn't give a shit if the people involved in this case never returns because there are great people here to replace them. If you think these people were somehow carrying the community you haven't engaged with half of it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:09:07 pm by Yendis »

Bikers

• defusing bombs on the frigate
    • twiii
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 12:20:18 pm »

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:57:15 pm by Bikers »
3:35 hitekaimerr: mate my wrist is sprained, cap card broken, and i think i just went blind

3:35 hitekaimerr: cant stream

iriebutler

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 12:45:31 pm »

What part of Spagooda or his actions warrant being called a kid? Is it the fact he's married and has a career? Or the fact he maturely took responsibility for his side and is acting on it as an adult should? Seems to most of us like the only one acting a kid here is you, and obviously so with your projections and delusion. We won't miss you, especially your contributions that ended in you trying to save face for the guilty parties and peddle it as saving the elite's ass, no you were trying to save your own and now you are taking the stomp out of the room like a kid route. We will be just fine without kids acting like they run the show and make it run best; thanks to everyone who has actually shown maturity in this situation, even non genuine half ass apologies are better than this garbage if you ask me.
*Inventor of thumb condoms*

Blue Khakis

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 03:57:45 pm »
this cringeworthy apology tour by the suddenly big boy spagooda
It is definitely not Spagooda's apology that should make you feel betrayed.
even non genuine half ass apologies are better than this garbage if you ask me.
I disagree with this part, say what you want about Grav, but he stays true. I have more respect for a man who goes down with his beliefs than one who pretends to be reformed because it is personally expedient.

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 05:42:56 pm »
My comment on my vote should read, "While there are parts of this I support and agree with, I think this should be approached piecemeal and not in one large chunk like this."
Former Owner of the "Highest Quality Webcam Stream on Twitch"

Light

• Grand Crusader
    • Mr. Guru
    • GE
    • PD
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 07:06:55 pm »
this cringeworthy apology tour by the suddenly big boy spagooda
It is definitely not Spagooda's apology that should make you feel betrayed.
even non genuine half ass apologies are better than this garbage if you ask me.
I disagree with this part, say what you want about Grav, but he stays true. I have more respect for a man who goes down with his beliefs than one who pretends to be reformed because it is personally expedient.

So you respect flat-earthers?

Quirky

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 07:56:21 pm »
My comment on my vote should read, "While there are parts of this I support and agree with, I think this should be approached piecemeal and not in one large chunk like this."

Blue Khakis

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 09:09:01 pm »
So you respect flat-earthers?
On an intellect level, no, on an honesty level, yes.

Shadow

• The American Shadow
    • GE
    • PD
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 03:34:09 pm »
I respect where you are trying to go with this but as it stands, this would be terrible. What defines "community"? Anyone who happened to log in that day to vote? Active players? Ranked members? Twitch groupies who don't know any of the history or precedents?

There have to be better ground rules before this would be more than a mob rule of people who happened to get stirred up on an issue by somebody. When the body of decision makers changes dependent upon the issue, expect a fragmented and poor result.