Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 1204 times)

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
Thank You
« on: November 28, 2018, 06:13:26 pm »

I'm wondering who else was banned as a part of the activity in Discord last night. A number of Eliters have put words in my mouth and it's very clearly apparent that this has caused clouded judgement among those who run the server.

- Temporarily = how long? Very vague statement put out. This is alongside the behaviour we're trying to avoid, no? Transparency is out the window.
-Combativeness = Yes, I will defend my views when others put words in my mouth (looking at you, Randy), and when I'm told to stop speaking in response to such combative language (looking at you, Irie).
- Audaciousness = What to you expect when someone is screaming at you that you believe women are inferior? I never conveyed any hate speech. This decision is hypocritical in the worst of ways.
- "Defending views Goose called inexcusable" = This goes along with what I said above. I attempted to clarify for those being dramatic to me that women and men are different. I never mentioned or implied any inferiority/superiority at all, because I don't believe that. I defended Goose's character, because I've met and hung out with the guy on multiple occasions. I NEVER stated that the harmful things he said were true. That may have been misconstrued. I knew most of the screenshotted comments were either obviously troll in their delivery, outdated views, or out-of-context snapshots. I wouldn't be surprised given this decision that has been made.

All that being said, I'm vehemently against the decision to remove me from discord. It was rash and reprehensible, and there was no contact for any kind of statement regarding anything that was said. Again, this leans toward what we don't want in the community, which everyone seems to be up in arms about fixing (or leaving).

I however am NOT leaving. I care about what happens to the rankings and I care about who holds the privileges to be ranked. I've made some great friends in this community and unfortunately there are folks here who taint the experience of having the Discord platform to chat to them with. I will also NEVER join the discord again if the ban is lifted. *cue applause from trolls in every corner*
People were arguing, DM'ing me, and complaining way back that the GE proof mod should be in discord to be a part of that piece of the community. I'd already been fine being separated from the server. While I'm annoyed that the better part of the community behaves like young, anti-social children, I have to thank you for making the decision easy to stay away from our Discord.

Cheers,
I won't let the toxicity hit me on the way out.
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

Hypnotoad

• GE
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 06:39:00 pm »
The Elite is a trainwreck right now... but it's fairly entertaining to watch unfold I must say. 🍿🍿

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 06:43:41 pm »
Was surprised when I heard about this, a shame you aren't in there as a proof mod for the general betterment of the community.

Also welcome to the banned from the-elite discord club  :nesquik:

Quirky

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 06:47:08 pm »
I told you to watch what you were saying, it was an inappropriate time to post those views. During this time someone could be watching and screenshotting.

spec BFR player

• what up
    • Spec
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 07:07:07 pm »
Wait who banned you, and... why would you even be banned?

Jesus, people are in shock, thinking this drama will last for years or something, or demoralize the-elite for ever? It's like they haven't lived through the internet for 2013 and beyond. Why would anyone ban one of the members who has done a lot of contributions to the community and who is one of the most well-adjusted ones when it comes to interacting in the server, in general?

Guys, just... stop being in shock. This situation will pass. Sooner than you think. Let's not let this crumble down this community for reasons that are not relevant at all.
Speedrun Times
Chat highlights not embed so that forums don't get clogged:
http://i.imgur.com/HPNYJKM.png
http://i.imgur.com/jDB72Q1.png

"Part of what makes a shitpost good is that it contains Truth."

wheatrich

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 07:09:57 pm »
the-elite atm

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 07:12:30 pm »
I told you to watch what you were saying, it was an inappropriate time to post those views. During this time someone could be watching and screenshotting.

I said nothing harmful. Not sure why you're trying to suppress what I can and can't say. I'm not a bigot, or a harmful person. Just because YOU'RE afraid of being screenshotted, doesn't mean I am.

EDIT: Letting fear control what you say is a bad way to go.

Quirky

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 07:30:37 pm »

I said nothing harmful. Not sure why you're trying to suppress what I can and can't say. I'm not a bigot, or a harmful person. Just because YOU'RE afraid of being screenshotted, doesn't mean I am.

EDIT: Letting fear control what you say is a bad way to go.

Thankfully I am not that rel during this bad period for the elite but yes I am afraid of being screenshotted. I can respect that you were not afraid and my statement was not against what you said but your timing of saying it.

spec BFR player

• what up
    • Spec
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 07:51:31 pm »

I guess that's checkmate then? Ha! Flat Earthers BTFO.
Speedrun Times

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 07:52:21 pm »
"You can say whatever you want, but not right now!"

-The Elite 2018

dsx

• dsx
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016CommunityContributor
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
    • the dsx corner
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 08:07:02 pm »
Updater of This Day In Elite History

Quirky

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 09:27:48 pm »
I must say then if I am being a weak man so be it. I respect Trouble for standing firm in his beliefs. I certainly wish it were not this way, that Trouble could say those things with no repercussions and that I wouldn't be scared to say.... you can guess. I am likely caught up in the moment of the drama and Spec is definitely right it will pass. I certainly never thought you should be banned for this Trouble.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 09:33:01 pm »
Thank you for the sentiment, Quirky. ❤️

Alka Maass

• Defense Strat Maasster
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 10:06:55 pm »
I must say then if I am being a weak man so be it. I respect Trouble for standing firm in his beliefs. I certainly wish it were not this way, that Trouble could say those things with no repercussions and that I wouldn't be scared to say.... you can guess. I am likely caught up in the moment of the drama and Spec is definitely right it will pass. I certainly never thought you should be banned for this Trouble.
gotta respect that too, coincidentally this is very similar to what happened when i got banned again

Aztec Exemplar

• A Significant Sex Machine
    • Mirror
    • GE
    • twitch
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 12:17:12 am »
Whoever is wielding the banhammer needs to relax.
"Time's a teacher spitting since I was tying sneakers" - Jus

spec BFR player

• what up
    • Spec
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 03:23:18 pm »
Sorry for pushing your buttons with the ss joke, I've been in a few of these situations before and yeah it does seem like it can blow out on you pretty easily.
Speedrun Times