Author Topic: Post new Dark LTK Strats, PRs, and WRs here.  (Read 108633 times)

goldflint

Post new Dark LTK Strats, PRs, and WRs here.
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2007, 09:24:00 am »
ok thanks

Grags

« Reply #201 on: November 13, 2007, 09:26:00 am »
Sample

Hope this helps :)  

Remember when they're right up close for some strange reason they can't shoot you, they shoot right through you :rolleyes  

EDIT: Hmmm both Ilari and Wouter do it similar to the way you did, but they hide a little more behind the curve in the dam. But I guess you should do it the way you feal most comfortable. Quote "I'm no DLTK expert" maybe I shouldn't have commented. *Hides*

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • my Perfect Dark times page
« Reply #202 on: November 13, 2007, 12:02:00 pm »
Just stay behind that fence, well I didn't think it was that hard, just have to hit him from a bit further.

If you really have trouble with that guard just run all the way back to those gates you had to shoot the lock off, just stay behind that gate. Haven't tried this but I guess it should be some really safe way.

It's a bit risky to go standing and shooting the guards close on too, especially that far into a run.

goldflint

« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »
ok thanks for the help i got past the 3 guys in the towers im just working on the underground tunnel now. i hope i can complete it it will take me awhile.

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »
nice

alexaxxem

« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »
who is goodspeedruntrainer???

alexaxxem

« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »
are you a new player

alexaxxem

« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »
usually someone new that comes into the goldeneye scene doesnt beat aztec on dltk the next day. not saying your fake but with something like that, people might wanna see proof.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2007, 11:01:00 am »
Thanks for the upload GSRT! :)   Yeah DLTK page seriously needs to get updated. More people should try beating S1 on DLTK, not that hard, I got 2.22 on my first try and 2.24 shortly after.

TheGreatMax

« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
Then you've come to the right place.  A new era takes hold as I post this video.  Snowdome, I'm right behind ya.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiD18mOhcuk

The new runner up in the DLTK division.  Not only will I play GE, but I'll have a little more new material to add.  Even if I did you know what.  Eat our dust, Wouter.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohzPRsVq9eE

Coincidententially it snowed here in WA. last night.  I'll take it as a sign.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2007, 10:56:00 am »
Facility DLTK 2.36 - 1st try

Adam-Bozon

« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »
Bunker 1 DLTK 9:57*

Adam-Bozon

« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »
All my DLTK videos are in my getfile and online here.

SpiderWaffle

« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2007, 05:40:00 am »
Train and Silo should be done within 5 years, I'm holding you guys to it.  Train in 1 year, it doesn't take as much skill, more knowledge and patience, it's probably easier than caverns.  Silo would be the most skill intensive DLTK level completed yet, you'd need a very high level of mastery, but humanly doable.

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2007, 12:50:00 pm »
Cradle could be done even, who knows, Trev needs like 3 headshots and then he'll die with one nade blow I think, my bro tried it on TAS, dunno about Streets heh.

vitor

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2007, 01:35:00 pm »
Don't you have loads of things that can blow up on Silo?

Matthijs Triep

« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:00 pm »

For Cradle, two grenades can do the job. Just do the suicide strat twice.

SpiderWaffle

« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2007, 06:47:00 am »
You sure that works for trev at 1000% health? in the cradle TAS he shoots trev's nades like 20 times to kill him.  Maybe your own nades do 10 times the damage or something, idk?

PerfectTaste

• Patrik Nilsson
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2007, 09:08:00 am »
Silo would be cool.

Rayan did Train, and I think that is the easiest of the uncompleted ones.

I have come "far" on Silo. The problem is really to finish the level within time limit. I think it's human doable. There are some risky and crazy strats to use also. There are alot of things in Silo that can blow up, computers and stuff. And I found out guards can be lured down the ladder quite easy in the "rooms". Stand behind the ladder and as soon as the guards are closing in, run the other way around and up the ladder. The last sections probably require a granade or so also.

Silo would be quite a life-project. But it would be sooo incredible.

Streets dunno.. seems possible enough since you get granade launcher. The start would be a !+$$$ tho.

Cradle, how is that one possible? Doesn't trev live through 20 nades or something in the tas. Sounds humanly IMPOSSIBLE to me.
"Wappayuuuu" - Cara

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2007, 10:32:00 am »
Trev takes like 20 nades if he has BA, though you can get rid of his BA with just 3 headshots (if you do them with double ZMG) then you only need one nade to finish him off.

Matthijs Triep

« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2007, 10:34:00 am »

I gave it another try with Invincibility and got Trevelyan to kill himself with two grenades twice. Two is fairly rare though, the average is about 3/4 grenades. If you're unlucky it can take six grenades, but that's quite rare. It probably all depends on where the grenade ends up exploding.

Does Trevelyan stand still in the explosion in the TAS?

vitor

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2007, 10:46:00 am »
He works just like Xenia on Jungle. As soon as you hear her screaming (she lost the BA or whatever that she has), you can blow her up. Or else an explosion would be like a body shot, or something like that.

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2007, 12:19:00 pm »
The first TAS of Cradle DLTK that my bro did he shot the grenades on Trevs hand, so when he just ran away most, so that's why he took that many grenades on that.

Adam-Bozon

« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
Surface 1 DLTK 2:06 - Video

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »
Wow man, almost starting to look like a SA or 00A PR  

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »
Nice time Adam!  

Thiradell

• Third
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
Silo - No. The time limit is too short. How would you do the silver crate hallway and the end?
Streets - Yeah right. You have three minutes at the start to kill about 10 guards. The Grenade Launcher has very limited ammo and...no, no way.
Train - Rayan claims it, and with no time limit, I don't see why not. Obviously incredibly hard.
Cradle - How would you ever do the start?
nothin' moves me more than a groove that soothes me
nothin' soothes me more than a groove that boosts me
nothin' boosts me more, or suits me beautifully
there's nothin' you can do to me; stab me, shoot me

vitor

• GE
    • PD
« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »
My thoughts:

Silo - there are a lot of things to blow up. I've tried a little bit myself and it's like supahard but I don't have any experience with DLTK on GE so.. If you find a way to lure guards and go around them or something, or use the PCs and barrels to blow up the guards, there's a slight chance. I THINK you would need a grenade on the end cuz the time is so short. It'd be !%%+!%$ insane. Illu did Control which has guards that pops up for like 3 minutes, I can't see how Silo wouldn't be possible, though.

Streets - the GL would make it easier, but yeah, preety insane. If you can use the show-hide-shoot technique on the first 10 guards then yeah, who knows?

Train - yeah.

Cradle - The problem here is the first guard, I guess. After that you can use the fences to "protect" yourself. Then yeah, killing Trev would go to other matters

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2007, 04:49:00 pm »
I made two vids like a few years ago where I crossed the first bridge on Cradle DLTK in case some of you didn't know, though there's more trouble up there with the BA guards, but the first bridge can be crossed yes.

Thiradell

• Third
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
Seriously, Illu? That's insane...but it'd still be so hard after that. Guards are constantly spawning from everywhere.
nothin' moves me more than a groove that soothes me
nothin' soothes me more than a groove that boosts me
nothin' boosts me more, or suits me beautifully
there's nothin' you can do to me; stab me, shoot me

Wyst3r

• Train Strat Master
    • Henrik
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2007, 05:09:00 pm »
For streets the beginning would be a hell, taking on 3 guards at once might be possible though. The Tank should reduce damage greatly and killing guards with a single shot but dunno how much you could survive with it.

Main train problem is ending i guess but i believe SW wrote a strat for that a few years ago.

Silo...Damn time limit. 8 minutes is not so bad though. Just keep amount of guards low And take out as many as possible with explosions. Ending and crate area would probably screw up a good run...

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2007, 05:38:00 pm »
Actually, getting to the end on Train is the problem really, the ending can surely be done, though there would be some pressure, really though there's so many tough BA guards but the ending really is not that hard, just the pressure could make it. Also depends on how much ammo you can save for the end for each gun, you'll need some for the laser, I had a strat for the ending that I managed to do several times without getting hit but then I had gotten there with the GG but sure yea it's doable.

I remember I used to run out of ammo in the middle of the 2nd van, so saving ammo enough is very important in the beginning, I'm not sure how to deal with some guards later on either, some of them are hard, or maybe even impossible to lure out of their spots and so on. Just saying that I think Train is the most doable of the levels so far though I never got far enough in my investigations to say how hard it really is to get to the end, I just remember there being a few places that worred me a bit but the ending didn't.

SpiderWaffle

« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2007, 08:11:00 am »
For train you need to save ammo by ducking at the start of the second car and using your laser like the TAS.

Silo I think you need to get a grenade and use it at the silver crates.

For streets I've got past the first three guards a couple times just with 1.1 and sucking. What worked best was waiting out the cinemas, wait for the first guard and peek pretty far so you can see him before he gets to the wall, kill him with 2 quick magazines (must average at least 3 HS and 4 BS per magazine). The other guards should be there right as you're finishing your second magazine. The right guard will see you first let him fire at you and move back bit and fire at the left guard when gets a little closer, then keep moving back a little after each magazine. As they get close you can run right up one and fire at the other and he should die, then you can reload and fire at the remaining guard and he should die.

You can lure the 4th guard out and to the left by running up the corner with the fence and firing at least 5 pp7 shots. Then I suggest backing up all the way, cause if you kill him by the fence the guard behind the wall will come, if you can kill him fast enough it all good though. If you went back all the way, then you need to fire 6 kf7 shots to lure the guard behind the wall. Or you can kill the guard you can see through the fence by firing slowly. You can toy with the guard behind the wall and try and get a grenade, he pulls sometimes.

If anyone starts to work on streets I'll figure out a strat for the rest of it. The hardest part I think is killing those two guards at once.

Adam-Bozon

« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2007, 11:15:00 am »
Silo - Even it was possible to finish the level I estimate it would take at least 15 minutes to complete so I can't see it being done within the time limit. The time is soon going to run out when every time you get to a group of guards you have to lure them all the way back to the previous fuel room to blow them up or run past them.  

Streets - Might try this in the next few weeks. I've done it on LTK so I know where the difficult parts of the level are probably going to be. Getting past the guards at the start before the first gates might be hard but at least one of the difficult parts of the level comes early on so its less frustrating if you keep dieing in the first 30-60 seconds rather than when you're 5 minutes into the level. After that there's only the middle section from the long straight road coming up to the first barricades to the second set of barricades that I think would be really difficult but maybe the tank would help there. After the second set of barricades the rest shouldn't be too hard if you can do it fairly quickly before guards have time to sneak up on you. The time limit shouldn't be a problem.

Train - I'm crap at Train so probably wouldn't try it myself. Ammo seems to be the main problem.

Cradle - Probably the least likely to be completed. I've seen Ilari's videos and couldn't find a way get any further when I tried it.

SpiderWaffle

« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »
For cradle I think you need to kill all the guards in a short time with a grenade.  If there's more than one BA guard coming at you once you get across you're pretty !##$++.  You could kill one though and make it to one of the two ramps while the other guards are coming from the other way.  Then just hope trev kills himself with 2-3 grenades before the guards can come down.  You'd still have a small chance of defending yourself if they can one at a time, and with the BA you could take one hit, but you'd be out of ammo pretty quick.

SpiderWaffle

« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2007, 12:15:00 am »
Streets is pretty hard to make it to val in time, but after that it's not bad on time.

My strat after the first 6 guards is to take the tank, go down the long way to val right before the car. Let the first guard there see you, go back to tank, wait a second then fire, the explosion should kill the guard at the end, then snipe the guard through the window with slow 1 shot bursts, reload and bum rush the guard in the right window. Hopefully he doesn't shot you right away. There should be another guard coming from the tank way and the two guards close by should have seen you but probably couldn't hit you. Kill all three with the GL. Run up towards the val house on the left side of the street then run across to the door and fire one pp7 shot near (without hitting) the guard at the end of the street because you don't want him chasing you later. You have to make it to val by 39. Kill the guard you shot near when he comes. After val there might be a guard by the tank.

Adam-Bozon

« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2007, 05:06:00 pm »
Bunker 1 DLTK 4:52

Edit: Bunker 1 DLTK 4:07 - Video

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
Not too far off the 00A target time (4:00) congrats!

Maybe I'll have to start to defend my DLTK spot soon

alexaxxem

« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2007, 03:57:00 am »
nice bunker time couldnt do it better myself

Adam-Bozon

« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2007, 05:11:00 am »
Thanks guys  

I had a quick try on Streets DLTK last night and its probably impossible. I couldn't get past the first 3 guards so I put cheats on and changed enemy damage to 0% to try the next part of the level. The guards in the Val area are easy enough to kill but there are too many guards that like to appear and shoot you in the back while you're in that section. I couldn't even get close to getting past the Val section without the 3 minute time limit either.

Wouter Jansen

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2007, 05:44:00 am »
Illu it's a challenge!! go for it!
sexy, this

PerfectTaste

• Patrik Nilsson
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2007, 07:51:00 am »
I passed the first bridge on Cradle aswell. But my DVD is #$@+%+ up, probably since it loaded with vids I never find time to capture/finish. I'll going to make alot of videos some weekend and format it. Then I can try some DLTK and stuff. It's actually kinda fun. I got further on Silo aswell, almost second room now.
"Wappayuuuu" - Cara

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2007, 10:19:00 am »
Cool I played DLTK again too

Archives DLTK 1:11

Most tied (and I think the only tied) DLTK record, Ace, Axel Z, Henrik and now me, maybe someone more?

Adam-Bozon

« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2007, 01:43:00 pm »

Nice time Ilari

Its good to see you playing some DLTK again.

PerfectTaste

• Patrik Nilsson
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »
1:11 shouldn't be that hard? or... I should try sometime.
"Wappayuuuu" - Cara

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2007, 10:13:00 am »
yea not 1:10 either

Archives DLTK 1:10

just you tend to die numerous times

Adam-Bozon

« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2007, 10:57:00 am »

Nice untied WR Ilari  

I was going to try for 1:11 when I'd finished the level I'm playing now  

Maybe I can get 1:09 instead  

alexaxxem

« Reply #247 on: December 22, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »
but what if i get 1:08?

Boss

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2007, 04:40:00 pm »
Then I'll get 107. (not sure if I'll play this though)

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2007, 06:22:00 am »
Well Done Illu! But now I lost my only dltk record Might try for 1.10 later.