Author Topic: Post new Dark LTK Strats, PRs, and WRs here.  (Read 108670 times)

MaxDegen

• Dusky
    • GE
    • twitch
Re: Post new Dark LTK Strats, PRs, and WRs here.
« Reply #2100 on: May 06, 2018, 04:58:30 am »
Surface 2 DLTK 136

Awful run, good until 3rd cam but some pretty clutch luck at comms tower, probably gonna push this.

AZ

• AxZ
    • 2015CommunityContributor
    • 2017SilverStar
« Reply #2101 on: May 06, 2018, 07:24:07 am »
Nice one, Charlie :smokin:

DaisyFan

« Reply #2102 on: May 06, 2018, 04:36:27 pm »
Sick run Dusky

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #2103 on: May 30, 2018, 11:28:37 am »
Cradle - DLTK - 1:00
-2nd ever early A+B run!
-Uses modern lookdown strats to delay guards for longer, and also uses the optimal R-leaning strat for best nade odds.
-Good run outside of a slow start and waiting for the 2nd guard, as well as some stuckage on the hole.
-Eats 28 of the 33 untied seconds Bozon's 0:55 had! Solid untied 2nd place!
-Somewhere around 40 hours total across the years (most of which were with worse strats though).

Happy with this one! :v Modern strats can get at least as low as 0:50 (although Flicker used a worse nade position so maybe like 0:47 is possible), it just takes the lottery run to get it done! I had quite a few 3 nades + A completions before this run, so it should be a lot more feasible to beat 0:55 now.

Untied up for grabs if you're willing to grind it out! :nesquik:

Illu

• Proven Champ 2007
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • my Perfect Dark times page
« Reply #2104 on: August 11, 2018, 05:26:06 pm »
Surface 2 DLTK 1:36

Icys consistent spawnguards mine trick was useful, skipped both cinemas and switched to mines a bit before turning at the trees corner and I get the guard further back so the others won't catch up so quick. Might be great for 00a even, wouldn't need to watch cinema anymore.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #2105 on: September 29, 2018, 04:54:27 pm »
Jungle DLTK - Xenia Idea

From this spot near the 4th drone, Xenia has great difficulty hitting you, she usually won't fire nades, and gets lost with where to go. This seems like it could be a great improvement for a fast completion compared to the plane strat or fighting her around a tree, but it's not perfectly safe as you can see me getting shot occasionally. Perhaps it can be improved?

Dr. Light

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #2106 on: October 01, 2018, 07:39:19 pm »
(Pretty much ignore everything after going through the 2nd door)
I'm still pretty new here but I was playing archives DLTK for a few hours to try and get this fast start, I've seen Icy have a similar way of luring a guard to open the first door with 2 shots on the guard. I shoot 4 times to lure the guard to open the door and wait a little bit before the 5th to make sure the explosion doesnt kill the door opening guard from die before opening it. Left guard shoulda died but its whatever
A guard spawns(still dont know why this happens if you go fast, but anyways it just happens) I stay out of the guards line of sight but staying inside and using the box as cover. If you are a little slow the guard will block the path in a worse way and make it more difficult.
Another reason I wait for the 5th shot in the first room is so the black guard on the stairs is in a better position so he cant shoot me from being more up the stairs.
I warp the guard and try to get behind the double klobb guard as fast as possible and use him as cover so the other black guard cant shoot me in time to kill me. Now just run and open the door and get out(at this point you only have like a 10% chance of making down that hallway) and go through the next big room.
(I have a run where I had a nasty warp by getting shot through the 2nd door by the klobb guard and was able to use this momentum to get through the closer double doors faster but got killed by the guard by the other double doors I shoot in the vid)
So overall in theory you can have this faster start but it is very inconsistent.
In comparison to icy's this has a decently consistent beginning but an inconsistent long hallway and it seems vice versa for icy's video.
I just wanted to put it out there to possibly be known for the future.
I'd love some feedback or would like to know what you guys think, I'm still very new and some of the stuff may be inaccurate but I'm still learning and thanks for reading.
Its ya boy, Dr. Fuck

flicker

• Shadows of the Empire N64 World Champion
    • Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #2107 on: October 01, 2018, 07:44:45 pm »
Jungle - 9:29
-the Xenia idea posted above was a bust
-basically same strats as 9:40 but faster
-Xenia fight was quite fast, Nat put in good work
-fair amount of time lost to ammo searching and uncooperative spawns in the ending
-will push for lower, sub 9 (at least) is out there
-completed a 9:51 about 20 minutes before this

interestingly, while looking at the function explorer, i was checking the script of the spawning guards at the ending and found this:
Code: [Select]
If actor is within 100 units of Bond then goto 07
If $self is within 10 units of $self->pad then goto 06

Label 06
Assign function 0413 - Armored guard to $self and advance frame
Label 07
Set return function to function 040d - General guard
Assign function 0410 - Jog to Bond's location to $self and advance frame
So basically what this means is that, the respawning guards will run out to their positions and do a check for how far away Bond is, and if he's within 100 units, instead of becoming a crate guard, he'll be a normal guard and head to Bond's position. So I slightly adjusted the ending strat and, after killing the two guards that don't have BA (they respawn), I take a step back to increase the distance, hopefully preventing the spawns from running towards Bond. The timing of the spawns makes this a bit tricky, and I still had to deal with a few extra spawns on this run.

On my 9:51 I had a really odd occurrence in which one of the spawning guards was running towards the ammo dump, then I moved out so he saw me, and then he became a crate guard at the spot he was at, in front of the explosive tanks. I don't have an explanation for this, but for this to happen, the guard would need to be in a spot that is within 10 units of his destination "pad." I don't know where all the pads are located, but I assumed all of them were behind the crates. Although, similar to Streets, 3 guards at the ending are "placeholders" for the spawn guards, they start with no BA, and when they die, are replaced by actual spawns. Two of the three placeholders are in the back near the crates, but the third one is near the last drone. A possibility could be that this odd spawn guard, for some reason, wanted to go to the placeholder guard's position near the last drone, and got interrupted on his way, but was still close enough to his destination pad that he became an armored crate guard. It's even more odd because I was quite close to him, surely within 100 units, yet somehow he didn't just become a normal guard. Perhaps stepping back like I did unloads some of the room, and that might screw with the scripts?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:59:08 pm by flicker »

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #2108 on: October 01, 2018, 08:04:23 pm »
Grats Flicker! :v

@Dr. Light, yeah a lot of Archives DLTK ideas have been tried out for a faster start, but they usually result in guard blockades or the annoying patrolling guard at the end. It might be possible to put something altogether involving watching a certain amount of cinema, and perhaps relying on a "correct" cinema as well. I tried something fairly similar to what you did quite awhile ago here.

If a faster start can be figured out and made consistent, or otherwise waiting for the lottery run, Archives DLTK can go way down.

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #2109 on: October 02, 2018, 01:11:39 pm »

Adam_B

• twitch
« Reply #2110 on: October 02, 2018, 05:56:20 pm »
Well done Kyle :)

I knew Jungle was really underplayed so could probably be improved a lot. I had planned to have a proper go at it eventually as I didn't spend very long on it when I got 9:40. Hopefully we can find a really quick way of killing Xenia sometime and get it down to 7:00-7:30 even, there are probably some quicker strats to be found for the rest of the level too.

@Dr. Light, yeah a lot of Archives DLTK ideas have been tried out for a faster start, but they usually result in guard blockades or the annoying patrolling guard at the end.

I've tested a lot of strats for Archives too but couldn't find anything better either. There were two problems that I'd get in the Mishkin room and I'd get one of those on every run when I tried to do the start quicker. Either there would be a guard in Mishkin's room ready to shoot me when I opened the door or there would be some guards who appeared during the Mishkin conversation. I'm guessing they hear you if you're noisier than normal at the start and then they're programmed like the blue hatted guards on Caverns so that they keep chasing after you until they find you and they eventually find you while you're stuck waiting for Mishkin to finish talking.

I did try some strats to fix these and found a few things that are possibly usable. If you shoot on the corridor just before you get to Mishkin's room then that annoying guard can be lured out. You can then hide behind the door to Mishkin's room as it opens and sneak in after he runs out. On the other problem, you can weaken some crates near the door to Mishkin's room then be ready to blow up any guards who appear during the conversation.

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #2111 on: October 03, 2018, 02:52:26 pm »
Jungle - 8:02
-one new strat and yolo ending
-uncooperative spawns in the ending again
-streaming for sub 8 this friday

Now, usually when I put music to a nice run, it means that I don't intend to keep playing the level. This time, however, I knew there was a lot of potential left in the level to lower the time, mostly just because of the ~30 second wait for Natalya to help kill the final guard. So since I've gotten really consistent at the majority of the level, I decided to keep pushing and not wait for Natalya anymore.

The new strat that I used involves having the guard before the first crate area pull a grenade, which is very common, and blow up himself and the other 3-4 guards that get lured there. While waiting for the smoke to go away, I have time to go up and do the drones and ammo dump. This saves a good amount of time and ammo, allowing me to be more aggressive in the fight with Xenia, and have enough spare RCP ammo to charge the final guard and kill him quickly.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #2112 on: October 03, 2018, 10:35:06 pm »
Jungle - 11:24
-Modern strats, but I let Nat do most of the damage to Xenia.
-Did a Woll shot! :nesquik:
-Second completion ever, first time in over 4 years!
-Lots of really stupid deaths at the end, but this being my fastest pace there, I'm happy with the results!
-21:36 cut and +10 points is a ton with how far I already am up the ranks!
-Boss bop. :v

Pretty good run with safety strats, and honestly a really fun level. I overshot my goal and won't push for lower, but I think I'll get a sub 10 someday into the future. More people should play this! :v

flicker

• Flickerform
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #2113 on: October 05, 2018, 12:01:43 pm »
Jungle - 7:16(raw)
-live on stream!
-very lucky ending
-clutched it on one of my best paces ever
-sub 2 hours GE LTK total time!