Author Topic: Post Your Best Legit (And Semi-Legit) Fails Here!  (Read 153155 times)

Guado

• Guado
    • GE
    • PD
Re: Post Your Best Legit (And Semi-Legit) Fails Here!
« Reply #3400 on: February 09, 2018, 01:13:23 am »
Played Control 00 for the first time in six years today. I've noticed my skill skyrocketing lately*...the level was actually fun instead of the nightmare I remember. Managed to cut like six-seven minutes off my time, took virtually no damage (half bar each on health and armor), boarded the lift and ---- oh shit fuck NATALYA.

Final time was 8:48 (not great but a PR for me)
Grinded it out for another hour and a half and brought my PR down further. Dammit though I hate when I zone out on background objectives.

*Relativity is a thing. I still have no points but I was really really bad.
90+ hrs into XC2 NG+, going for 100%. Be back when I get bored.

--

• I'll be the backboost starring in your bad dreams
    • Goose
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014CommunityContributor
    • http://www.twitch.tv/rwhitegoose
« Reply #3401 on: February 11, 2018, 06:27:34 pm »
Depot 00 Agent 0:46 (failed A & B; Rocket Shot)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/228153435
~ S T A Y ❄ T R U E ~   |   ~ S T A Y ❄ B L E S S E D ~   |   Verax Maneret

Swiss

• Swiss
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
"Train smarter, not harder" -Mike O'Hearn
GoldenEye Proof Moderator as of February 2015

« Reply #3404 on: February 26, 2018, 05:21:37 pm »
So you think PAL is fastest after seeing this?

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #3405 on: February 26, 2018, 11:56:15 pm »
Certainly! It's been proven PAL is fastest. With execution at such a high tier as this, 49 is no doubt possible. Dan uses GREAT lines to avoid most of the laggy spots in the level. Getting TWO backboosts and a minor stuck on the tree before Xenia, We know at least a very LOW 50 is possible on Jap.

I also want to make note of the BEAUTIFUL warp done at the end.  :-X

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3406 on: February 27, 2018, 02:14:21 am »
Top 5 Potential
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Botched Movie Quotes

• Frankly, my dear, I don't care
    • Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3407 on: March 03, 2018, 02:10:04 am »
Proven that PAL is fastest? Please show me that proof. In my opinion NTSC is faster always than PAL when it comes to movement. PAL might be easier to handle because of smoother framerate but bleeds time.

For example on streets you bleed around half a second per minute on PAL vs NTSC.
*Creator of 'waiting half a sec more cutscene' on b2 agent*
*Creator of 'bounce boost' on streets agent*
*Creator of 'strafe change laser skip' on inves*

Luke

• Zero-Time P.O.M.
    • Luke
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3408 on: March 03, 2018, 02:35:08 am »
I think the idea is NTSC actually loses time because of how much it lags in comparison on Jungle - where as most other levels it's just slower on PAL

But even still, the 50 fail is no less impressive, the level is much tougher to not lose time on playing NTSC / JAP
LAS

#TeamLevelRotation

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #3409 on: March 03, 2018, 10:56:33 am »
I think the idea is NTSC actually loses time because of how much it lags in comparison on Jungle - where as most other levels it's just slower on PAL

But even still, the 50 fail is no less impressive, the level is much tougher to not lose time on playing NTSC / JAP

Sorry Karl, this is what I meant. For specific levels: Train and Jungle, and levels where AR33 firing faster is better (cavs sa and aztec).
PAL runs at 25fps and NTSC at 30, I know PAL isn't inherently faster but it's been proven that the handling is objectively easier to, well, handle on PAL in Train and Jungle.

Botched Movie Quotes

• Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3410 on: March 03, 2018, 11:02:51 am »
While handling may be easier on jungle for PAL, I don't believe it to be slower. For all intents and purposes it may be easier to get a decent run on PAL, but if you compare similar runs I believe that ntsc will be quicker.

I just want it to be on the record that I believe ntsc jungle to be quicker, even if more difficult.

Swiss

• Swiss
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3411 on: March 03, 2018, 09:27:51 pm »
Pretty much agree with Karl. I'll take this opportunity to share my thoughts/experience:

An ideal run on NTSC(J) may be quicker than an ideal run on PAL, but that ideal run is vastly more difficult to get on NTSC for a number of reasons. Lower lag helps a lot obviously (with control and speed, though this speed "advantage" is likely negated by general PAL slowness).

Potentially faster AR33 would make it quicker/easier to kill Xenia, even more-so with respect to her quicker animations (i.e. underhand GL shot vs. the ideal arm extension shot). Countless runs I've had 4 headshots and a scream followed by a last frame dodge when she did the underhand shot. It's pretty tough to get a clean kill like that as there's so little time before she can animate again and the GL round that she fires explodes much earlier causing lag. Say with even a 1 frame quicker kill potential because of faster AR33, a number of those runs might have made it through clean.

Another thing I noticed when first playing PAL at Josh's place was that even when she would fire the RCP, as long as it was a quick animation (one that would hit you only once), Xenia would simply miss quite often, allowing a clean kill if clutch. You can see this in Luke's 0:50. I was audibly astounded at how often she would just miss. It seemed like 1/5, maybe better, while I would say I've seen it no more than 10 times in all my hours on NTSC. I've seen it more than enough in my limited PAL experience at various meets to be convinced it is rel. Again, this opens up even more animations that can "work out" somewhat reliably.

Lastly, the cave is shit on NTSC. Crate guards are awful and as you take slightly more damage from GL boosting you may have a bit more stun time during the bits after the ladder. PAL runs should have ever slightly more health and lower stun time on average at this point and, combined with lower lag, one could make a case for there being a meaningful difference here.

Overall I think all these things add up to be quite significant and make NTSC inferior by a decent margin, even if it is technically quicker.

Cheers mates, I hope I haven't sounded too biased here. :nesquik:

DoggerStyle

• GE
« Reply #3412 on: March 07, 2018, 04:42:35 pm »
Bunker 2 A 24 FAIL 

All I had to do was open Nats cell door...
Goldeneye would be a hilarious film if Pierce Brosnon speed ran it.

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #3413 on: March 07, 2018, 06:16:50 pm »
Man, you're coming along quick!

Do you try to tap her door open with B? You can (and should) spam the shit out of the B button as and after you slap the guard. If you close her door it's alright, she just reopens it to escape anyway.

ALSO, if you want a more consistent end warp, I'd suggest shooting a KF7 burst as you approach/go up the stairs at the end, before you swap to double Klobbs. It seems like you lost a tiny bit of time waiting on that warp (but that might just be me, idk  :v ).

Keen for this 24. Keep it up!  :pimp:

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3414 on: March 08, 2018, 02:22:02 am »
Dam Agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymHXTap2xk&list=UUMr1jC02qzVB0Ue_Zpe_qog&index=2

Been trying to get 54, thank god I got it ten minutes after this run because oh my lord I'm still sad about this one. If anyone can tell me what time I choked it'd be appreciated. I doubt it was a 53 pace run but that 56 end time is killer.
Former Owner of the "Highest Quality Webcam Stream on Twitch"

eastwood

• GE
    • twitch
« Reply #3415 on: March 08, 2018, 02:29:09 am »
Looks like a 54 tbh, which you already knew

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #3416 on: March 08, 2018, 02:35:20 am »
Looks like a 54 tbh, which you already knew

It was a 54. Those nerves LOL

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3417 on: March 08, 2018, 02:47:56 am »
Thank god it was 54, I would have cried had it been a 53, but as I said, I doubted it was 53 anyway. I wasn't even that nervous on this one, I was more nervous on the run where I did get 54 ten minutes after the choke, I just absolutely choked it.

DoggerStyle

• GE
« Reply #3418 on: March 08, 2018, 11:57:28 am »
Man, you're coming along quick!

Do you try to tap her door open with B? You can (and should) spam the shit out of the B button as and after you slap the guard. If you close her door it's alright, she just reopens it to escape anyway.

ALSO, if you want a more consistent end warp, I'd suggest shooting a KF7 burst as you approach/go up the stairs at the end, before you swap to double Klobbs. It seems like you lost a tiny bit of time waiting on that warp (but that might just be me, idk  :v ).

Keen for this 24. Keep it up!  :pimp:

Ye I generally just press B once. Oddly I noticed in that particular run that I done 1 extra slap after killing the jail guard so maybe that effected the door open - that first section is just pure muscle memory now so was surprised I didn't open.

The last warp is something I need to be quicker at. I too believe it could easily be a tenth quicker. I used to shoot the kf7 burst but didn't seemed it didn't really make much difference. I'll make acute changes to see what works better.

For the glass warp - Am I right in assuming the later I back switch to klobb the quicker I go through the door? Tried finding the sweet spot for it and I've found that the closer to the door I am the better the warp. Likewise the further away you are, the slower the warp or no warp.

Cheers for your tips bud, will get back to it just as soon as I can - should of married a gamer...  :rollin:

DoggerStyle

• GE
« Reply #3419 on: March 08, 2018, 01:16:13 pm »
Dam Agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymHXTap2xk&list=UUMr1jC02qzVB0Ue_Zpe_qog&index=2

Been trying to get 54, thank god I got it ten minutes after this run because oh my lord I'm still sad about this one. If anyone can tell me what time I choked it'd be appreciated. I doubt it was a 53 pace run but that 56 end time is killer.

The 53.97 - 54.00 timing was before you hit the stairs so this would of been like 54.7- 8ish I reckon. If you're always gunna skip both cinemas quick sharp take note of big music changes which will help record pace.

Don't worry about choking man, it's happens to everyone, sometime, on every level. It's what makes you into a better player imo.

Good luck.

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3420 on: March 08, 2018, 01:38:52 pm »
Dam Agent

The 53.97 - 54.00 timing was before you hit the stairs so this would of been like 54.7- 8ish I reckon. If you're always gunna skip both cinemas quick sharp take note of big music changes which will help record pace.

Don't worry about choking man, it's happens to everyone, sometime, on every level. It's what makes you into a better player imo.

Good luck.

Thanks dude, I'm probably gonna grind out a 53 before I move on, shame it's not a WR anymore  :rollin:
Definitely need to start listening for music cues to help figure out my pace, I've had more 38 quit outs from a missed lock shot than I can count so at least I'm somewhat consistent

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #3421 on: March 08, 2018, 04:06:59 pm »
Choking is a part of getting good at anything. Get used to it and embrace it as a learning experience.

Ignominious Sin

• Ig-No-Min-E-Us
« Reply #3422 on: March 08, 2018, 05:39:58 pm »
Choking is a part of getting good at anything. Get used to it and embrace it as a learning experience.

Or you could clutch it and called it a fluke.
The elite as we know it is done. I'm emailing my people. Enjoy a dead forum.

Wouter Jansen

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014RankingsDev
    • 2015RankingsDev
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #3423 on: March 22, 2018, 06:17:07 pm »
I remember Jungle was always easy for me. I would take around 15 hours for many of my PRs but for Jungle it would usually be about 2-3 hours. When going for 53 though, it was a bit of a struggle and PAL wouldn't give, and when I switched to NTSC I caked it in 10 min. That's about as far as my NTSC experience there goes, it only made it even easier for me...
sexy, this

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3424 on: March 23, 2018, 02:21:34 pm »
The Quest for 53 continues.

Last night during my stream I had five 37 quit outs in a row, so I was feeling pretty solid.

A few runs later, I hit this run....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lggOt1TdHg&feature=youtu.be

I might have to remove my start button or something after this one.

mw

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3425 on: March 23, 2018, 03:31:03 pm »
I think that at a certain point, you should stop worrying about pause out timing and focus on playing out runs to the end. The ending is probably the hardest part of the level, especially when you know you're on pace. Now that you can do the beginning in 53 pace, keep playing out runs to make sure you aren't losing time on the end as well, even if you miss the lockshot. This solves the problem of premature quitouts, and hopefully prevents chokes in the future. Keep going, you'll get there.
PD Proof Moderator

JDBlack21

• Dizzle™
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • YouTube page
« Reply #3426 on: March 23, 2018, 03:51:30 pm »
Don't get into bad habits. I've had that happen before (fortunately not on 53 pace runs) and have learned my lesson, and hopefully you will too.
Discord: @JDBlack#9593

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3427 on: March 23, 2018, 03:55:55 pm »
I ran into this habit a lot going for 54, and I thought I'd gotten out of it, much to my disappointment lol :blank:

DoggerStyle

• GE
« Reply #3428 on: March 23, 2018, 06:57:32 pm »
Flechr - I done that a couple of times. The reason why for me was I was making sure I quit out at 37! That's not important when you know you can make the pace. Like mw said, forget about the quit out and keep running the end of the level to get the lines down and good exit of the level.

Icy

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2014SilverStar
    • 2015SilverStar
« Reply #3429 on: March 23, 2018, 07:37:47 pm »
I'd rather get a 53 complete than a 37 quitout.

Botched Movie Quotes

• Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3430 on: March 24, 2018, 03:06:51 am »
A 37 quitout does not mean 53. It has to be 37.6.

I don't think that run was 53. To get 53 boostless 1.2 the run has to be really good.

MadmanFlechr

• Adam
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
« Reply #3431 on: March 24, 2018, 11:32:53 am »
A 37 quitout does not mean 53. It has to be 37.6.

I don't think that run was 53. To get 53 boostless 1.2 the run has to be really good.

Yeah I’ve started to learn 2.X to help give me an advantage.

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
    • 2017CommunityContributor
« Reply #3432 on: May 31, 2018, 12:11:32 pm »
Let's get this thread back to the first page since it's pretty relevant.

Frig A 0:22 x25 more in a slightly > 1 hour session (total is definitely 200+ by now counting only the 2 hostage taker + bug complete fails).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:16:33 pm by Apache Spark »

KfP1995

• GE
    • PD
    • twitch

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #3434 on: June 17, 2018, 09:57:55 am »
Ace Has The Worst Luck In GE History (AHTWLIGEH) - Series 1

Frigate Agent 0:22 only bug fail with completely legitimate throw
Facility Agent 0:42 screwed because of vbT
Aztec 00 Agent easy 1:35 pace, possibly 1:34, gets trolled in worst way possible
NO VIDEO - Facility Secret Agent 0:51 - numerous 0:33 quits (up to 1500+) and 0:52 bTs

Stay Tuned for Series 2!

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
    • 2016RankingsDev
« Reply #3435 on: June 17, 2018, 10:15:48 am »
OMFG that aztec start  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Selenium Webdriver

• Ace
    • 2017RankingsDev
« Reply #3436 on: June 18, 2018, 01:47:58 am »

Screwed again! The (would-be) 20th 52 bT.

Bikers

• defusing bombs on the frigate
    • twiii
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch
3:35 hitekaimerr: mate my wrist is sprained, cap card broken, and i think i just went blind

3:35 hitekaimerr: cant stream

« Reply #3438 on: September 16, 2018, 03:38:53 pm »
Cradle A 0:33 (no console) x 2

I'll get back to it in a few weeks and grind it out.

Botched Movie Quotes

• Karl
    • GE
    • PD
    • twitch

Alec M.

• TroubleClef92
    • GE